• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
To be fair his username is Angry Grimace not Angry Tadokoro (wait the latter isn't possible right?)

6QvFteu.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Seems like the entire Election battle arc should finish right around Chapter 100 since we're skipping the prep for this match and it should end in 2-3 chapters.

I suppose it depends how long the breather chapters are.

kasane

YES!

OH MY FUCKING GOD YES!

Eat your heart out anime!

This is how you do a proper ending!

None of that stupid open ending bullshit.

I can now officially say that this manga has both "Best girl actually wins" and "Better ending than the anime/light novel."
whoa best girl won

Soma

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 136 - most recent

S3zw422.png
@ athletic tomboy new girl

4QJgwPf.png
@ same ol "pure girl" bullshit we've been through several times already

I want glasses girl back already.

That latest chapter though...
V3KTwTm.png

It's one of the most read series here. You can even see it on the banner in the OP. It's indeed pretty good, although it gets somewhat less realistic halfway through, but overall its depiction of bullying and its effects is pretty solid.

If you like slice of life, may I suggest you read Hinamatsuri?
I'll start reading it!
I can eat manga literally :p
Went grants chap 1 to end in 3 hours during my voyage back from lubiana two WEEKS ago :p

And i love alice of life

kasane

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 136 - most recent

S3zw422.png
@ athletic tomboy new girl

4QJgwPf.png
@ same ol "pure girl" bullshit we've been through several times already

I want glasses girl back already.

That latest chapter though...
V3KTwTm.png

glasses is best

glad someone agrees with me

Zweizer

Banned
Maybe I'm just thick for not getting it.

It's a joke about how Erina has yet to get any development. She isn't much more than a plot device so far.

I'll start reading it!
I can eat manga literally :p
Went grants chap 1 to end in 3 hours during my voyage back from lubiana two WEEKS ago :p

And i love alice of life

Just making sure, but you're reading Yotsuba&!, right? Yotsuba&! and Hinamatsuri are probably the two best-regarded slice of life mangas around there. There are a good amount of other great ones, of course, but I suggest you read these two first.

Mahoraba 1-17
It's been 8 years since I watched the anime and I STILL read every one of the president's lines in her voice.

I guess this is what Love Hina would be like if it was good. It's a similar setup (bland MC moves into building filled with waifus / weirdos) but much more enjoyable, largely by virtue of the endearing cast. Very rare for me to find repeated jokes about a character's suicide mean when I'd usually lap them up like cerebrospinal fluid. Will try and finish the remaining 40'ish chapters tomorrow.

Zweizer

Banned
Mahoraba 1-17

I guess this is what Love Hina would be like if it was good. It's a similar setup (bland MC moves into building filled with waifus / weirdos) but much more enjoyable, largely by virtue of the endearing cast. Very rare for me to find repeated jokes about a character's suicide mean when I'd usually lap them up like cerebrospinal fluid. Will try and finish the remaining 40'ish chapters tomorrow.

Oh, it's by the author of Wa!. Guess I should read it sometime.

Dr Hitomi's Infirmary Ch. 7-12
Well...that last chapter was something...and yeah, I touched my hand against the 2D girl's hand when she prompted me. Such an unexpected direction.

Bright World Project Ch. 1-3
For a project that has very grim consequences for the people involved, it doesn't feel very threatening with all the comedy that's taking place. At least the yandere girl is the best. Only took 2 chapters for the main guy to get to confinement.

Reminder that she was one of our first experiences at seeing Tosh's foodgasm in the manga.

Can't even recall her name even though I just went through chapter 1 for the image.

But I still appreciate her (and the guys) as our first "victims"

dani_dc

Ojojojo 22

Pleb x Rich pairing #2 is a matter of time. Those perfect bloodlines now forever destroyed.

The three legged bits were rather cute.

Kakegurui 2

The art is pretty great and the MC continues to be bonkers lol

Also looks like the prez is the same so that battle should be interesting whenever it happens

Quasar

YES!

OH MY FUCKING GOD YES!

Eat your heart out anime!

This is how you do a proper ending!

None of that stupid open ending bullshit.

I can now officially say that this manga has both "Best girl actually wins" and "Better ending than the anime/light novel."

Yeah. Though I would have liked more than first kiss and then 'years later they are married and expecting'.

I wonder how this route in the game played out.

Revo

Setsuna Graffiti 1-3

Firework boys oh my.

Magi 243

A dungeon after an arc that was absolutely sooooo slow? Best part of Magi are the dungeons, sign me up.

So after watching the anime of N.H.K. I've just had to get the manga version which I did in digital format! Anyways here we go:

N.H.K. ni Youkoso! - Chapters 01 - 05

Wow, I'm utterly surprised how different Satou and Misaki are in the manga compared to the anime. Satou is less of a dumbass and more resistant to succumbing to Yamazaki's otaku nature and Misaki is shown in a completely different light. In the anime she was shown as innocent and mysterious, here she is shown as forward/aggressive towards Satou with a good bit of sarcasm while still keeping her intentions hidden, I love it.

Lain

I want to read World Apartment Horror & Yume no Kaseki: Kon Satoshi Zentanpen by Satoshi Kon.

At least for Yume, Vertical is going to release it (or have they already released it?). Both are nice works.
For works like these, works that are short, good and from great artists, I'm always surprised that there aren't scanlations.

New Shokugeki spoilers coming tonight, yet the latest chapter hasn't even been released in english yet :(

They are usually pretty good at keeping up with at the least the previous chapter, so tomorrow or the next day we should get 90.
Cant complain to much since the releases are good, but it would be nice to be up to date

Ayumi

I'm a big fan, best of luck for your acting carrer!

\( ^▽^)/

Welcome! Why don't you stay here with us?

Stay with us

OR ELSE WE WILL STRAP YOU DOWN AND FORCE THE WORST SUFFERING EVER
ibqo7pOapdxshE.gif

SUZUKA

Hello! ( ´͈ ᗨ `͈ )ノ

Wow.. I didn't expect any replies. I will stick around! Even though this thread moves so fast.. ( &#65377;>&#8255;&#8255;<&#65377;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom