• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Toriko

You know, Shimabukuro is going to kill someone off for real, and nobody is going to believe it. Oh right, I forgot Tommyrodd is dead.

I'm guessing Toriko's devil limbs will be his new power, until he gets one that breaks everything like Minority World or Midora's Mirror Neutrons. Science!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Mysterious Girlfriend X 90

COME ON

90? I thought we were at 80...

Also because I didn't get around to it earlier in the week:

Bleach

Predictable bullshit. I knew we'd never get a decent explanation of the stealing of the bankais. It occurs and is fixed and we never even found out how it was done. There's no defending that.

Naruto

Talk no jutsu is go. Still better than Bleach was though.

Mr. Fix

We are but two faces of the same manboy coin.

Acceptable.

NarutoGAF

Believe it

oYHOB5t.gif

Amikami

Banned
mario-scan-pilot.jpg

I can't believed I never noticed this but someone on another forum pointed out how Mario is just Obito with brown hair and no scar. Damn Kishimoto.

zroid

Banned
Soooo I just found out Rich Amtower -- of Nintendo and Squaresoft localization fame -- also works on manga localizations in some capacity. In fact, he has worked on some manga which I read (Tegami Bachi).

I thought that was totally crazy/awesome, but I'm probably the only one. Blows my mind when there's a wildly unexpected intersection between two things I enjoy.

upandaway

MangaGAF, answer me this: what is the best manga that you can recommend that involves Princesses?
I um, well. That probably has no relevancy in itself to any other aspect of the manga but the only ones I can think about are:
Magi
Berserk
Mondaijitachi Z
To Love Ru Darkness
Shokugeki no Soma (well, not nobility but y'know)
Does Akame ga Kill count? Or Saki? Maybe if you really stretch the definition...

So if you ask for one recommendation I'll go with Mondai Z, though it's a sequel to an anime

zroid

Banned
RE: Princesses-- I think Dawn of the Arcana is kind of okay. The story is kind of fluff which tries to take itself seriously, but it's interesting enough.

Acid08

Banned
Nozoki Ana

So that was kind of way sweeter and more touching than I expected. Totally awful and nonsensical at times too.

Also I feel dirty.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
mario-scan-pilot.jpg

I can't believed I never noticed this but someone on another forum pointed out how Mario is just Obito with brown hair and no scar. Damn Kishimoto.

If you think that's bad try reading his baseball one-shot. Talk about creatively bankrupt. It's like he blew his load just coming up with the idea for Naruto.

Aizo

Banned
Its MangaGAF but people who like pretending its for Men only like ManGAF (or they simply don't understand that the play on words is completely incomprehensible to anyone other than like 10 people who regularly post in the thread).

I just love portmanteaus. I honestly never saw it as ManGAF. You've ruined it for me.

I don't use enough portmanteaus on GAF. Only in real life.. I need to change this. Prepare yourselves.

Amikami

Banned
If you think that's bad try reading his baseball one-shot. Talk about creatively bankrupt. It's like he blew his load just coming up with the idea for Naruto.

I read through that one too awhile ago. I guess Kishi's sadly a one hit wonder. I would love to be proven wrong, though.

Edit: Its too bad too, because I think the guys a great artist.

G.ZZZ

Hokuto no Toriko

So basically Raoh has spared Toki's life because he admit he's no longer a threat and he still remain his brother. In a sense Toki's dead because he won't fight Raoh's again, and will die of old age anyway pretty soon, so Raoh's fine with this ending. Now it remain to be seen who will Raoh actually fight, if the third brother, or someone else entirely.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nobunaga no chef 54

Such a badass chapter. Really love the way the author think of ways to use food and dining as a matter of political intrigue.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 52

fzi7Xlx.png

Jesus christ at all this buildup. It's a good thing that shit's about to go down next chapter, because if the tension gets any higher my brain's going to melt
just like Mizuka
. Irrespective of the outcome, I want to give Kazumi credit for (seemingly) not wimping out on her backstabbing.

Maki no Gakkyuu Nisshi 1 (V2)
I posted about this recently lamenting how its potential was stifled by the poor quality of the release. Fortunately, some utter weirdo went to the scanlator's website and convinced them to redo it. Man, what a weirdo. Yep.

Anyway, it's now significantly improved and actually enjoyable. Basically it's an inferior version of Screaming Lessons.

Nisekoi 96

Gee whiz, what could Marika's super mega ultra secret be?

2/1 - Childhood something something
20/1 - Dying of a terminal illness
200/1 - Futa

New girl has about 0.5 chapters left before she becomes grating.

Aunt Tits

Yeah, LTTP, but there is now not a SINGLE doubt in my mind that the Aunt wants Terumi for herself, when this is all over. She's just using the girls to "teach" him how to be perfectly compatible with her.

Akito

Beelzebub 226
Setup chapter so not really exciting.

Nisekoi 96
You cannot fool me Komi, the secret is probably something really stupid.

Silver Spoon 89
i4jUHuduQJyzl.jpg

:lol
Hachiken is slightly better off. Just barely.

Nah, Naruto was heavily influenced by editors. Mario still has a very bright future, he just tried to cram too much into the oneshot and a lot was edited out. It happens when you really want to get a story out you've been waiting on. Mario will carry a Shueisha manga at the very least.

And speaking of baseball manga, its a shame Mr. Fullswing never got an anime. It held down the back of Jump with Jaguar for ages...

Did Rafa=FedKilla not read Soul Catcher(s) chps 1-3 yet?!

-

Fairy Tail 357

Number of Nine Demons Gates with Good Designs:

Anyway, arc is going good after this slow start with laxus getting in, wonder if he has what it takes to pull through at least, for the council members I thought were supposed to be a bit stronger than guild members but being wiped out easily by the gates makes them seem weak. Could see Laxus maybe cutting it close then being able to redeem himself much better later in the arc handing Natsu some more powers.

ElFly

Aunt Tits

Yeah, LTTP, but there is now not a SINGLE doubt in my mind that the Aunt wants Terumi for herself, when this is all over. She's just using the girls to "teach" him how to be perfectly compatible with her.

She doesn't give a fuck about Terumi.

She just wants the resurrected Hikari Genji.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom