• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I'm glad it's not an anime announcement, I'd rather they wait another year so that we have at least a 100 chapter buffer before they start

Every hint we get from tadokoro is that we have yet to see her level up. Maybe not this arc, though I still think the twist is that she gets in. Though marui kinda throws a spanner into the works, unless it's just the author trolling him again.

that would be a hell of a troll since he has been in serious mode ever since the announcement iirc.

these upcoming chapters should be interesting

wonzo

Banned
wahjah moe 52

one has to stoop pretty low to resort to vocaloid trolling

wahjah friend moe 9
notpopularfriend9.png

Honestly I'm glad it's not an anime announcement, I'd rather they wait another year so that we have at least a 100 chapter buffer before they start

Why would they need a hundred chapter buffer? I thought if they were animating it, itd be just 26 or so episodes and stop at the end of this current arc. Not try to become a long running series or something...If it follows in the same steps as nisekoi and haikyuu timing of announcement to anime season premiere!! it ought to have an anime in fall or winter of next year.

Why would they need a hundred chapter buffer? I thought if they were animating it, itd be just 26 or so episodes and stop at the end of this current arc. Not try to become a long running series or something...If it follows in the same steps as nisekoi and haikyuu timing of announcement to anime season premiere!! it ought to have an anime in fall or winter of next year.

Because I'm sick of these shonen jump anime not adapting the entire series, or having made up anime endings. The number of anime based upon jump manga that don't cover the whole story blows my mind.

All the waifu talk and no one mentions Nikumi. ;_; RIP America

Probably waiting for HxH to catch up and wrap up so the staff at Madhouse can pick up Soma.

Because I'm sick of these shonen jump anime not adapting the entire series, or having made up anime endings. The number of anime based upon jump manga that don't cover the whole story blows my mind.

LOL HxH is about 50 episodes away from catching up to the manga... ;_;

Dude I feel you Bass. Beelzebub became a victim of this. FMA almost got the same treatment till Brotherhood saved it.

Then we have Bleach which ended right before final arc. So many mangas that never got finished animes... ;_;

I really wish Gash Bell got the final arcs animated at the very least. That and Saint Seiya Lost Canvas.

LOL HxH is about 50 episodes away from catching up to the manga... ;_;

Dude I feel you Bass. Beelzebub became a victim of this. FMA almost got the same treatment till Brotherhood saved it.

Then we have Bleach which ended right before final arc. So many mangas that never got finished animes... ;_;

I really wish Gash Bell got the final arcs animated at the very least. That and Saint Seiya Lost Canvas.

List of great shonen manga that never got the full anime they deserved

Ruroni Kenshin
Black Cat
Beelzebub
Medaka Box
JoJo (slowly being fixed)
Soul Eater
Bleach (probably coming back)

Please feel free to add more tired and can't think

Also

Eyeshield 21 ~240

Not sure how the final match can possibly beat the excellence that was the semi finals against the Knights. Fantastic stuff Murata da god etc

upandaway

That long? I only read the manga up to where the anime is, so I have no idea how close we are. That's much further away than I thought! We have a whole year!
I can't check right now but if I remember right, we're at around the mid ~250s right now, so that's a bit more than 80 chapters. A year is pushing it.

That long? I only read the manga up to where the anime is, so I have no idea how close we are. That's much further away than I thought! We have a whole year!

More than a year if some fillers happen. Also the election arc is pretty long and the current Chimera Ant arc is still a few episodes away from starting the final battles.

Ruroni Kenshin
Black Cat
Beelzebub
Medaka Box
Soul Eater

Also

Eyeshield 21 ~240

Not sure how the final match can possibly beat the excellence that was the semi finals against the Knights. Fantastic stuff Murata da god etc

Ruronin Kenshin actually got some wonderful OVAs for the ending minus one really crappy OVA. The last arc wasn't that good to bother animating anyways imo. But I would like a remake like DBZ did with Kai and it would include everything.

Medaka Box is a very sad case as it didn't sell well either.

I dunno about Black Cat, I dropped it early. Might go back and read it.

As for Soul Eater, never appealed to me.

Dresden

Kenshin got Trust & Betrayal, which is like, one of the all time great pieces of animation, and far better than the material it's based off of. The tv anime wasn't bad either!

More than a year if some fillers happen. Also the election arc is pretty long and the current Chimera Ant arc is still a few episodes away from starting the final battles.

Ruronin Kenshin actually got some wonderful OVAs for the ending minus one really crappy OVA. The last arc wasn't that good to bother animating anyways imo. But I would like a remake like DBZ did with Kai and it would include everything.

Medaka Box is a very sad case as it didn't sell well either.

I dunno about Black Cat, I dropped it early. Might go back and read it.

As for Soul Eater, never appealed to me.

Ruroni Kenshin final arc was awesome and completed the character arcs for all the main characters, the ovas did not give the series the ending it deserved.

Also add Berserk to my list, that's a series that deservers better.

Black Cat was really enjoyable and I highly recommend it, kind of reminds me of a shonen version of cowboy bebop.

Ruroni Kenshin final arc was awesome and completed the character arcs for all the main characters, the ovas did not give the series the ending it deserved.

Also add Berserk to my list, that's a series that deservers better.

Black Cat was really enjoyable and I highly recommend it, kind of reminds me of a shonen version of cowboy bebop.

I just didn't like how Kenshin's Brother-in-law was so strong and Kenshin gave up on his sword style. It was a retirement arc which is really the major reason I didn't like it. Still had amazing fights of course. Maybe as a fan I was sad that it was ending lol.

Aizo

Banned
X/1999 - Vol. 9-19;Hiatus
Well, I'm caught up with the hiatus that's been going on for what, half my life? Good thing I wasn't really into the story. Sadly, it was really going somewhere when it ended. I'm confused why Subaru switched sides...

Overall, I think X is average. Because the powers make little sense and the fights consist of giant power waves flashing across the panels, the fights are pretty but have no gravity. I'm glad my favorite characters, Sorata and Arashi didn't die before the hiatus started. They're surely in for some sort of tragedy. Anyway, I'm glad to finally make a dent in my "Currently Reading" list.

Oh, one more thing. I guess my opinion of Clamp hasn't changed. Mostly beautiful art, but little substance. Cardcaptor Sakura seems to be their best work.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Karate Minoru

Well.

Huh.

Can't say pedro is the greatest treatment for a gay character in the world, so I wonder how they'll treat a transgendered character.

So I'm not the only person who reads this manga. Yeah, the Japanese generally have a terrible view of homosexuality (and foreigners) so I expect a transgendered foreigner to be handled with the usual lack of class.

I will say that I'm glad the mange has transitioned from a "karate can beat anything!" to a general MMA-focused approach as it's much more interesting and believable. I'm guessing the manga author took a few muay-Thai classes and had his eyes opened.

Why is that outside of OP, almost all of the Shounen series that classify as "Long Runners" end up turning to shit?

YYH, RK, FMA,etc all were relatively short and never outstayed their welcome.

Why is that outside of OP, almost all of the Shounen series that classify as "Long Runners" end up turning to shit?

Don't speak so fast man, you never know in the future. YYH did suffer near the very end with just TERRIBLE drawings and a weak plot after the Demon Tournament Arc. But you do have a point. Long running series just end up going bad as authors run out of ideas and lose vision of their manga.

As bad as Naruto is right now along with Bleach to some people, they are likely to end in the next 1-3 years guaranteed.

The only complete failure of an ending in a "long runner" manga I can think of is Reborn!

It doesn't happen often because the long runners end up lasting so long thanks to their beginning popularity.

Aizo

Banned

Maybe the business model is a bit more aggressive now with Shueisha, so their editors try harder to keep long series going. This is entirely speculation, but I just wonder how many mangaka wanted to end their series but were told not to.

Ruroni Kenshin
Black Cat
Beelzebub
Medaka Box
Soul Eater

Also

Eyeshield 21 ~240

Totally agree on Beelzebub. I read back on the manga, and the fights look 10x better in the manga. There was a lot more blood and a lot more going on during the fights. Don't even get me started with that terrible fight with Oga vs
Jabberwock
. That was just bad on many levels.

Really wish it got a better timeslot so it can let it all out freely. Also, it got really close to the manga so it was infested with lots of filler. Some of the filler was good, some was bad. If there's one thing it did great, was keep the comedy.

Hopefully it comes back one day after the manga grows a little bit more, I know the DVD sales for it were bad but it can still have a chance.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So I'm not the only person who reads this manga. Yeah, the Japanese generally have a terrible view of homosexuality (and foreigners) so I expect a transgendered foreigner to be handled with the usual lack of class.

I will say that I'm glad the mange has transitioned from a "karate can beat anything!" to a general MMA-focused approach as it's much more interesting and believable. I'm guessing the manga author took a few muay-Thai classes and had his eyes opened.

I think mutou will bring some of that karate badass back, but I've never really cared about authenticity because it's never really tried to be super realistic. But yeah, I do appreciate the more mma route.

JoJo hasn't turned to shit yet. Neither has HxH (well, the art has).

There's a few others, but they aren't in the spotlight as much as those ones.

Kurita

Eyeshield 21 ~240

As much as I like the final match, they set the bar so high with that White Knights match that the following games can look less good.

smurfx

get some go again
Speaking of OP again, I know this discussion has been done to death, but does anyone think that Bart might be the next one to join? It's pretty clear that this guy would literally drop everything in a heartbeat to join Luffy and he even said himself that his dream is to become Luffy's "disciple", so I think there's at least some possibility of it happening.

Not to mention the dude is just awesome, has a pretty cool/strong but not overpowered DF ability, and even has a weird personality quirk (Being an insane fanboy). All we're missing is the tragic backstory/viable crew position and I'd say it's all the more possible.
he will become a follower with his own crew. all the emperors have a ton of pirate captains as allies and luffy should start building his own as well. my guess is that many of those pirates in the dump will become his allies and bart as well.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oto x maho

Magical boy manga from the same author as reversible.

It's really shit.

Magical boy is cute I guess.

edit: huh, it has a different author I guess.

Only DTL could think the disaster that was Reborn!'s ending was any good.

Like the only good thing for DTL is that Tsuna or any of the guys didn't end up with the girls lol.

They call him "No good Tsuna" but the series itself is like "No good Reborn!'

I always thought there would be a luffy/kid/traffy alliance. I can definitely see bart following luffy too.
Kidd has his own alliance now with Apoo and Hawkins. They want that Kaidou. I want to see Luffy beat the shitmout of oneof the Supernovas. Remeber it was heavily implied that Law would betray.

LeleSocho

Banned
Only DTL could think the disaster that was Reborn!'s ending was any good.

Like the only good thing for DTL is that Tsuna or any of the guys didn't end up with the girls lol.

They call him "No good Tsuna" but the series itself is like "No good Reborn!'

I did not read beforehand that the series was ending so for me it was just another chapter like every week and then when i read it i was like "wtf?".

totally unexpected.

upandaway

Kidd has his own alliance now with Apoo and Hawkins. They want that Kaidou. I want to see Luffy beat the shitmout of oneof the Supernovas. Remeber it was heavily implied that Law would betray.
The whole thing with Law and Kaido was already cleared up. Kaido was never in the cards, Law just wanted Mango gone (use Luffy to destroy the factory -> Kaido kills Mango). He only brought up Kaido to get Luffy to agree.

Not that any of this matters now because Luffy's just gonna beat him himself. I'm not even sure if Kaido will be in this saga, though it's still possible, I guess.

Kenshin got Trust & Betrayal, which is like, one of the all time great pieces of animation, and far better than the material it's based off of. The tv anime wasn't bad either!

Yeah, I have that OVA still. One of my favorite pieces of anime, also much better than the manga arc, I agree. Fantastic animation and so well directed (and much better art!).

Aku No Hana 52

Fucking idiot

The whole thing with Law and Kaido was already cleared up. Kaido was never in the cards, Law just wanted Mango gone (use Luffy to destroy the factory -> Kaido kills Mango). He only brought up Kaido to get Luffy to agree.

Not that any of this matters now because Luffy's just gonna beat him himself. I'm not even sure if Kaido will be in this saga, though it's still possible, I guess.
There was a scene during Caesar Clown arc with Kidd, Apoo and Hwkins forming an alliance. That is what I was mostly referring to.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Naah Kaido will be saved for after the arc at some point in the future when he meets up with Doflamingo demanding his fruits and then learns Luffy was a big reason there is no more production.

Yamada-kun 90
God I love this manga, the wait kills me every time.
Wonder what can really happen now without the powers, glad yamada finally confessed though

bjork

Ruroni Kenshin
Black Cat
Beelzebub
Medaka Box
Soul Eater

I think that Crows x Worst would be great for an anime, but all we got were two Crows OVAs and that was it.

Green Worldz 2
tumblr_mxtazcVw6U1qbxqfpo1_400.png

Benefit of the platform is colour pages in random places, guess I liked this one, good angle. I hope as it goes on we can get a few more and some action moments beyond arrow usage. Fire seems like a likely weapon, but what else. And I wonder if a scientific explanation will be addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom