• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

So, today I bought an 8" Galaxy Tab 3 for the exlusive purpose of reading comics and manga.

Attack on Titan (caught up)

It feels like they're just wasting time now. If Eren really does have the power to control Titans, taking back wall Maria would be trivial.

Akito

So, today I bought an 8" Galaxy Tab 3 for the exlusive purpose of reading comics and manga.

Attack on Titan (caught up)

It feels like they're just wasting time now. If Eren really does have the power to control Titans, taking back wall Maria would be trivial.
Should be but we all know Eren is about as reliable as a heroin addict.

IDK man, the very first chapter established its a harem comedy given that Food Dad was going off about finding a woman to eat your food.

Oh yea I forgot he attempted to tell Soma how to be a good chef and yet funnily enough Soma has offically placed the challenge to one girl so far

So...

I started reading Air Gear guys...I know there's some mixed feelings.

Any quick thoughts on the series?

If you read any of Oh Great's other series it goes on the same path.

kinda alright in the beginning then it becomes incomprehensible at some point and never stops until the end.

just ignore the story (or don't think about it too much) and enjoy the art/action imho

Kyne

So...

starts out with real potential, becomes sort of lackluster..... but probably the most amazing art that I have ever come across in a manga. I stuck with it until the end because it(the art) only gets better.

(i'm a rollerblader so sticking with it wasn't hard for me to do at all)

Ace of Diamond 27 - 30

Or mainly the second half of chp 27 and the first half of 30 since the anime keeps only doing portions of the chapters. In any event the trap scene with Chris senpai there directing everything and his layers of traps giving is truly one of the best moments of the manga so far, the baseball action is so good with how it is playing out now that Sawamura has several throws he can do, a competent catcher, and the high speed and intense Haruichi. I hope more than two of them can make first string.

LeleSocho

Banned
So...

I was buying the volumes in its age, now i don't know at what volume happened... i think around 25 probably more, i was kind of enjoying it because the battles were pretty cool and the characters were very good too but at a certain point finishing a volume and starting another stuff happened and i didn't know why, bunch of new characters out of nowhere that do other stuff that made no sense.
In the end in the arc of one volume Oh Great managed to make me not understand what the heck was going on, i literally wasn't able give anything some sort of common sense... even after re-reading it and reading the 2-3 volumes after that i still wasn't able to understand a thing, instead i was even more confused. That was the moment i dropped it.
It was my first time reading Ito's work and i can absolutely confirm his fame.

TL;DR
You will probably enjoy it until the moment you can't understand a thing arrives. It has fanservice.

That's because Nikumi is clearly inferior.

Erina = Tadokoro > Nikumi > Yoshino > Random girl from Soma's middle school > Fluff characters

You like Slowkoro but at least you like Erina too.

You pass the bro test!

EpdGYLf.gif

Erigu

They don't need him to plug the hole in the wall. All he has to do is stand next to the wall repair team and tell any approaching Titans to go away.
"Wall repair team"? Even supposing they'd find what they need on site, how long would that take? How long would Eren be able to stay awake?
(although I admit I kinda want to see titans ordered to help with the repairs)

upandaway

Too bad. I kinda marathoned Fate/Zero and now I don't know what to do.
*cough* Oh hey look at that, the Steins;Gate movie just came out on BD. I wonder who could possibly ever maybe watch at this amazing timing OH LOOK A GOLD SKULLTULA I ONLY HAVE A GATRILLION LEFT AKA 16

(alternatively, the monogatari series, dunno)

Wiseblade

"Wall repair team"? Even supposing they'd find what they need on site, how long would that take? How long would Eren be able to stay awake?
(although I admit I kinda want to see titans ordered to help with the repairs)
Armin mentioned a scrapped plan to haul supplies the breach and fill it the long way. With Titan control, the risk is almost completey removed. Cleanup also becomes trivial when Eren can just tell the titans to sit still and politely await death. It just makes so much more sense to use the power they're pretty sure Eren already has than train him in one he definitely doesn't.

upandaway

Armin mentioned a scrapped plan to haul supplies the breach and fill it the long way. With Titan control, the risk is almost completey removed. Cleanup also becomes trivial when Eren can just tell the titans to sit still and politely await death. It just makes so much more sense to use the power they're pretty sure Eren already has than train him in one he definitely doesn't.
I still don't understand why transportation is a problem. They can just move on top of the wall to get to the breach, with or without materials.

Erigu

Armin mentioned a scrapped plan to haul supplies the breach and fill it the long way. With Titan control, the risk is almost completey removed. Cleanup also becomes trivial when Eren can just tell the titans to sit still and politely await death.
I imagine the problem would there again be how long it would take to carry all that to Wall Maria. How long would Eren be able to keep the Titans at bay? Hence Armin's plan to travel extremely light so they'd quickly reach the wall and to then have Eren fill the breach.

I still don't understand why transportation is a problem. They can just move on top of the wall to get to the breach, with or without materials.
They need to reach Wall Maria in the first place either way.

Aoi Kizu to Doku no Ringo to 4

Extremely short chapter, but it was a teary eyed confession of both partners sharing their true feelings. Kind of good, and probably so far my favorite story in this collection.

upandaway

I imagine the problem would there again be how long it would take to carry all that to Wall Maria. How long would Eren be able to keep the Titans at bay? Hence Armin's plan to travel extremely light so they'd quickly reach the wall and to then have Eren fill the breach.

They need to reach Wall Maria in the first place either way.
Yeah scratch that, for some reason I thought the big circles were divided into quarters too.

remz

AoT

They don't need materials to fix the wall,
the wall is made of titans, isn't it. Eren should just order the titans to charge in and harden in the wall hole

Presuming Eren can order them to do that though

UQ Holder 15

I think 15 chapters is a bit too early for an actiony series to have a training arc of sorts going on, so it feels odd. Though the midair technique and such is fun to see, I guess I want to see this take off against serious antagonists.

Erigu

[Shingeki no Kyojin]
Yeah scratch that, for some reason I thought the big circles were divided into quarters too.
Now, that would have been helpful!

They don't need materials to fix the wall,
the wall is made of titans, isn't it. Eren should just order the titans to charge in and harden in the wall hole
Presuming Eren can order them to do that though
And presuming regular, stupid titans can do stuff like that in the first place.

Tales of Men Who Persist Justice and Resist His Destiny 4
tumblr_mxtzta3PCu1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Been like the whole year since there was an update or even more but to finally reach the fourth chapter in this gorgeously drawn story is good. Jin continued to want to oppose being a Jinkishi but still somewhat open to the idea of mastering his abilities. How odd, even more so with the full transfer there with saving Araragi.

Hopefully the next chapter will allow Jin to get recharged and ready to take on many more tasks and meanwhile maybe continue to build the Jin Araragi bond up.

Kieli

It feels incredibly odd reading UQ Holder after having finished Negima precisely because UQ continues from Negima.

After having seen the height of the powers that Negi achieved, the regression with Touta doesn't feel right. I don't want to go through the slog, again, of seeing him (Touta) slave through countless training-arcs to get to Negima end-game.

If this were a different series, I wouldn't have a hang-up on this admittedly odd point.

Ten Count 04

Step four of getting a guy into your bed is of course to princess carry him off a train.

Though I am still liking all the interaction between the two characters.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Silver Spoon

This is....kinda boring actually. I don't even know what Hachiken is supposed to be doing.

It feels incredibly odd reading UQ Holder after having finished Negima precisely because UQ continues from Negima.

After having seen the height of the powers that Negi achieved, the regression with Touta doesn't feel right. I don't want to go through the slog, again, of seeing him (Touta) slave through countless training-arcs to get to Negima end-game.

If this were a different series, I wouldn't have a hang-up on this admittedly odd point.

UQ Holder isn't interesting by itself. The only interesting part is wherever it happens to be connected to Negima. So far its basically Chrono Cross to Negima's Chrono Trigger.

wonzo

Banned
Sneewittchen - Geschichten nach Grimm 5

sneewittchen5.png

RIP SAUSAGE ;_;7

Silver Spoon 92

C'mon Hachiken, now's the perfect time to hook up with cheese girl and ditch Mikage!

*cough* Oh hey look at that, the Steins;Gate movie just came out on BD. I wonder who could possibly ever maybe watch at this amazing timing OH LOOK A GOLD SKULLTULA I ONLY HAVE A GATRILLION LEFT AKA 16

(alternatively, the monogatari series, dunno)

But JAST is releasing Steins;Gate in English next year.

Mortemis

Banned
So...

Basically believe what everyone has said. I read through it all last year and I can't even remember what the main bad guy's goal was. It has great art and great action but it's just a bunch of clusterfuck of fanservice and action.

Oh, and long explanations of how abilities work that use some sort of broken physics. You know, basic shounen shit.

That brings up a point though, do you guys like it when a mangaka tries to explain an ability through science? I feel like every time it just makes shit confusing, that's why I enjoy more fantastical explanations like OP (fruits give you power!), and stuff like that.

Mortemis

Banned
Yandere small titties 107

Welp, dude broke the code. Never take the initiative with a yandere. Its been nice knowing you Terumi.

Btw was she always that fucking curvy.

wonzo

Banned
Sakuran 1-13 END
Moyoco Anno lifts the veil on life in the Edo period pleasure quarter, Yoshiwara. The story follows Kiyoha, sold into a brothel as a child and forced to work as a maid and her rise to prominence as one of the top-ranking courtesans in Yoshiwara. The allure of the "flower and willow world," as it was called by artists in the day, is underscored by the very real tragedy, heartbreak and difficult lives led by those seemingly glamourous courtesans. Will Kiyoha’s fox-like wiles give her a chance to break free of her gilded cage? Or will her fighting spirit ruin her chances of ever escaping the brothel?

A really somber and depressing take on just how fucked up and soul crushing the life of a courtesan was in the Edo period. Though, I really wouldn’t expect anything less from Anno Moyoco (Hataraki Man) as she certainly isn’t known to pull any punches. I did find it kinda hard to follow at times and I had to flick back and re-read some parts but that only made what's depicted even more awful and hard to stomach. A must read.

Cerity

Silver Spoon 93
So glad this is back.

Minamoto-kun 107
NEXT WEEK MAN

Girls of the Wild's 116
Why is this still even going? the series has lost all direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom