• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Sakuran 1-13 END

A really somber and depressing take on just how fucked up and soul crushing the life of a courtesan was in the Edo period. Though, I really wouldn’t expect anything less from Anno Moyoco (Hataraki Man) as she certainly isn’t known to pull any punches. I did find it kinda hard to follow at times and I had to flick back and re-read some parts but that only made what's depicted even more awful and hard to stomach. A must read.

I hope you'll track down the movie with Anna Tsuchiya and watch it, just because Anna is beautiful and the colors in the movie are just as beautiful.

upandaway

I'm officially gonna start catching up now, guess I'll start with Minamoto.

But JAST is releasing Steins;Gate in English next year.
I'm not used to people actually saying they'll play the VNs. If you wanna be so weird, just go and do the dang things already! I don't have any anime to recommend

So...

I started reading Air Gear guys...I know there's some mixed feelings.

Any quick thoughts on the series?

Its really amazing, some of the visuals and moves are actually really incredibly cool (st.elmos crossfire), kazu and flame road, ultimate alliance stuff, and akito, agito, ikki moments. Hang in there ae one it takes off it never stops.

upandaway

Minamoto 84

His fingers are, for all intensive purposes, a female's fingers. Look at this.

wbjC3dH.png

She can just imagine it's a girl, there's no functional difference.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Silver Spoon has massive potential stateside. There is no reason it shouldn't be released here already.

I think it might be divisive, honestly.

1) Its major selling point is that it is "from the creator of FMA", except it's completely unlike FMA.

2) It has a lot of themes that are very Japanese/Asian, particularly with regards to Hachiken's family dynamics.

3) It has a very pragmatic farmer's perspective on animal treatment. While Arakawa always leans toward being compassionate, she's also never shy about saying "sometimes we need to do things the cheaper (and harsher towards the animals) way or else we won't survive". It's something that might not really go over well considering how most Americans are incapable of nuance.

4) It's a fucking story about farming school!
mc4.jpg

upandaway

well now i wont
Sorry. I went too far. Please forgive me.

Minamoto 107

I'm really not sure what to think. Things have escalated way too fast for me to digest. She's not stalking him, she's not flooding him with messages, she's not hiding anything from him (we can see her thought bubbles), she's not showing any signs of danger. I'm not really sure what could go wrong. Nothing could go wrong.

Obviously, something will go wrong. That's what's scary.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
But you read it, so you validated its existence
/logic nerd

That's basically the same shit my dad says when I ask why some company runs a completely absurd commercial that has nothing to do with the product. "So that you would talk about it."

upandaway

Toriko 239

Like 30% of every page is just blood stains. This is getting out of hand :lol

Between Unlimited Fork Works and the Gigalomaniacs, it won't feel strange for Toriko to just imagine himself the excalibur of forks, the fork that Acacia used or something, and use that as a weapon from now on.

edit: crazy things happening everywhere. holy crap.

Mortemis

Banned
What is this Aunt tits everyone talks about?

Minamoto-kun Monogatari. A manga about some dude who was scared of girls, and his aunt that tries to get him to fuck 14 girls. It's at chapter 107 right now, but each chapter is like 8 pages so it's a quick read to catch up.

mhs004

Minamoto-kun Monogatari. A manga about some dude who was scared of girls, and his aunt that tries to get him to fuck 14 girls. It's at chapter 107 right now, but each chapter is like 8 pages so it's a quick read to catch up.
Will read.....I mean who would read this?

Nordicus

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 9

This is probably the first, and the last, not-so-creepy smile we're going to get out of this girl. Mikan still makes very little sense though. So okay, she made up this "evil queen paparazzi scumbag" image for herself because she wants to be Asahi's childhood friend, but not(?) his girlfriend nor a regular friend.

Makes so little sense to me that I think I'll still just treat her like she's the plain enbodiment of chaotic evil, since every character will treat her like that too regardless of this chapter

What is this Aunt tits everyone talks about?
Minamoto-kun Monogatari

Mortemis

Banned

Hey, don't knock it till you try it. :p

Tower of God

Lmao at Rak dodging Shinsoo beams by shrinking. Beta is annoying as hell with all this "FEEL MY PAIN" crap he's trying to pull. Hope Baam rips those feet right out of his back.

Apparently everyone except me
:/
... But you get the point of what's happening with everyone reviewing it here

Toriko 239

Like 30% of every page is just blood stains. This is getting out of hand :lol

Between Unlimited Fork Works and the Gigalomaniacs, it won't feel strange for Toriko to just imagine himself the excalibur of forks, the fork that Acacia used or something, and use that as a weapon from now on.

edit: crazy things happening everywhere. holy crap.
Oh it is just getting started my friend

Akito

Allrounder Meguru 73
Well, that escalated quickly.

Natsu no Zenjitsu 23
Damn you Tetsuo, don't you dare make her cry.

Silver Spoon 92
Hachiken building up dem personal connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom