• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Speaking of inconsistent powers in manga, didn't they say only like 10 chapters ago that its really hard to just "transfer" chakra and that its a special power that Kurama (and Naruto by extension) has? How the fuck is Sasuke doing that right now?

Something something hand wave orco curse mark

Speaking of inconsistent powers in manga, didn't they say only like 10 chapters ago that its really hard to just "transfer" chakra and that its a special power that Kurama (and Naruto by extension) has? How the fuck is Sasuke doing that right now?

What ever power Naruto has, his lover the Sauce will have as well.

The only thing I can think of is that Sasuke bit Karin who is an Uzumaki and that lets him transfer chakra. Of course Kishi is unlikely to push that out so that leaves it as another Sasuke power up.

Sauce is the better ninja anyways. Wouldn't mind if Naruto dies and Sasuke becomes Hokage as a last minute troll to the fans.

Kusagari

864920e59ef6b0_full.jpg

Because Sasuke is more special than Naruto obviously.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

Curse mark's been transferring chakra for decades! Orochimaru is the most special of all.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Curse mark's been transferring chakra for decades! Orochimaru is the most special of all.

He doesn't even have it anymore and it didn't transfer chakra so much as the ability to passively draw natural energy

Naruto may be the next Hokage, but can he power his way through the sheer literary profundity of Bleach?

I don't think there's ever been a panel definitively showing that Naruto can read at all

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
He doesn't even have it anymore and it didn't transfer chakra so much as the ability to passively draw natural energy

Sure, it got ripped out of him, but he still spent that time in the barrel. His body is a-okay with Juugo's chakra. The dude was able to repair a gaping hole in Sasuke's chest by melting himself into it. Part of Sasuke's body right now is literally Juugo's flesh. If he can handle that, he can handle his chakra.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I don't think there's ever been a panel definitively showing that Naruto can read at all

Wasn't he reading one of Jiraiya's books during the sage training.

Stage On

Naruto was able to read the questions on the chunnin exam paper remember.

Articalys

Nisekoi 92
Didn't think she'd be ruled out that easily, right? A somewhat enjoyable chapter for once. Really looking forward to whatever plot contortions they're going to use for the fourth key, though.

Bach can't be too smart because he's going to lose to Ichigo in the end

lol

Aizen would have a one up on him if so since its was basically Urahara that stopped the Troll god (with Ichigo's help) :p

Korean version of Hokuto no Ken?

Nope Prequel where the main guy is pretty much Kenshiro's Uncle and did the same awesome shit his Nephew is now famous for

Probably just looking at the pictures of knockers

Nah he tried to use the ending of Jiraiya latest book at the time to defeat Kakashi.

Although its possible he was saying rubbish and Kakashi being the fanboy that he is freaked out since he doesn't want to hear (or copy due to his sharingan) spoilers

wonzo

Banned
Stanley Kubrick might've been one of the most accomplished movie directors to have ever lived, but could he have ever hoped to direct something as thematically dense and visually engrossing as Bleach?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Please, if Kubrick directed Bleach we'd have entire chapters of Ichigo staring at Rukia, and then blinking very slowly over the course of 17 pages.

Very..., very..., slowly.

Slowly.

Sloooooooooooooowly.

Sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly.

wonzo

Banned
Lee Harvey Oswald might've been one of the most influential political assassins in modern history, but could he have even begun to pull off the kind of schemes that Aizen can?

WTH Wonzo there is a thing known as running a joke into the ground.

It really loses its impact when you keep posting it over and over and over again.

If you are trying to bait Beam, do it through PMs man.

bigkrev

One Piece vol 30-32

Well, Skypiea is finally over. Can't say I'll miss it much- and Oda is such a goddamn troll that he makes 80% of vol 31 a fucking flashback to explain the history and conflict of Skypiea, which is impossible to care about because the arc has greatly overstayed it's welcome by that point. Hope we never see these characters again!

Next story arc is one i've seen on Toonami, so once I finish it everything will be a 100% surprise. Can't wait!

wonzo

Banned
WTH Wonzo there is a thing known as running a joke into the ground.

It really loses its impact when you keep posting it over and over and over again.

If you are trying to bait Beam, do it through PMs man.
It's symbolic of the repetitive nature of most shounen series.

One Piece vol 30-32

Well, Skypiea is finally over. Can't say I'll miss it much- and Oda is such a goddamn troll that he makes 80% of vol 31 a fucking flashback to explain the history and conflict of Skypiea, which is impossible to care about because the arc has greatly overstayed it's welcome by that point. Hope we never see these characters again!

Next story arc is one i've seen on Toonami, so once I finish it everything will be a 100% surprise. Can't wait!

You're in for a treat with toonami glad you caught up in time!

Big One

Banned
He's saying how nobody actually likes when so and so happens and they're all complaining, but its actually just a vocal minority of people who like complaining on the internet.
Oh yeah the "vocal minority" that is largely the majority of posts on the internet about these series; you know, the place where anime/manga is even still relevant is as it sure as hell isn't relevant outside of internet circles.

As for buyer opinions you can't even factor them whatsoever when you're critiquing a series. If we accepted buyer opinion was law then a lot of shitty movies would be getting passes as week after week movies that are critical flops makes tons of money and get a lot of love from the masses. This doesn't mean those movies are of quality, however.

Naruto and Bleach are the Grown-ups 2 of the manga world. They're basically low key, critical flop series that are only popular based off name recognization, hype, word of mouth and nostalgia. There's a reason why most people who talk about Naruto and Bleach talk about how awesome it was when Naruto fought Gaara or when Ichigo fought Byakuya rather than talking about how awesome the current fight between Hitsugaya and forgetable-Quincy-character-#100 and the fight between Naruto and Tobi.

Both series are quite popular. I think he'd have a field day if he tried to read Shingeki no Kyojin.
I read Shingeki no Kyojin a fairly long time ago when the manga was only a couple of volumes long. It was pretty solid from what I read but had shitty art. But it isn't the next FMA, which people are treating it as.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Oh yeah the "vocal minority" that is largely the majority of posts on the internet about these series; you know, the place where anime/manga is even still relevant is as it sure as hell isn't relevant outside of internet circles.

As for buyer opinions you can't even factor them whatsoever when you're critiquing a series. If we accepted buyer opinion was law then a lot of shitty movies would be getting passes as week after week movies that are critical flops makes tons of money and get a lot of love from the masses. This doesn't mean those movies are of quality, however.

Naruto and Bleach are the Grown-ups 2 of the manga world. They're basically low key, critical flop series that are only popular based off name recognization, hype, word of mouth and nostalgia. There's a reason why most people who talk about Naruto and Bleach talk about how awesome it was when Naruto fought Gaara or when Ichigo fought Byakuya rather than talking about how awesome the current fight between Hitsugaya and forgetable-Quincy-character-#100 and the fight between Naruto and Tobi.

I read Shingeki no Kyojin a fairly long time ago when the manga was only a couple of volumes long. It was pretty solid from what I read but had shitty art. But it isn't the next FMA, which people are treating it as.

If you really want to believe internet message boards are a reliable indicator of anything, go right ahead :lol

Please, if Kubrick directed Bleach we'd have entire chapters of Ichigo staring at Rukia, and then blinking very slowly over the course of 17 pages.

Very..., very..., slowly.

Slowly.

Sloooooooooooooowly.

Sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly.

Yeah, but have you seen what's in that eye

Big One

Banned
If you really want to believe internet message boards are a reliable indicator of anything, go right ahead :lol
There as reliable as anything else is. It's a reflection of people's opinions. If thousands of people, every day, constantly critique Naruto and Bleach for it's problem it's a problem with those manga. The majority of fans who even read Naruto and Bleach don't even finish the series to even understand how bad it gets with time. That's why so many people out there from casual fans to hardcore fans will always talk about the stuff that WERE of quality at one time, rather than what's going on now.

If someone built a reliable critical scale on anime and manga series from scratch I'm 100% sure Naruto and Bleach will get criticized as much as they do on average on pretty much every message board or internet community out there. Maybe that'll be a project I make one day, but for now there's no reason to deny the amount of criticism both of these series gets.

Angry Grimace

There as reliable as anything else is. It's a reflection of people's opinions. If thousands of people, every day, constantly critique Naruto and Bleach for it's problem it's a problem with those manga. The majority of fans who even read Naruto and Bleach don't even finish the series to even understand how bad it gets with time. That's why so many people out there from casual fans to hardcore fans will always talk about the stuff that WERE of quality at one time, rather than what's going on now.

If someone built a reliable critical scale on anime and manga series from scratch I'm 100% sure Naruto and Bleach will get criticized as much as they do on average on pretty much every message board or internet community out there. Maybe that'll be a project I make one day, but for now there's no reason to deny the amount of criticism both of these series gets.
They aren't, especially not when, you're almost assuredly talking about Arlong Park and NeoGAF. Its actually a totally asinine point to argue that internet posts reflect reality because only a fraction of the people who read and watch Naruto post on message boards, e.g. my wife.

Big One

Banned
They aren't, especially not when, as you and I both know, your'e talking about Arlong Park and NeoGAF.
Where does Arlong Park even factor into this? I barely view that board and for some reason it always gets namedropped. I have an account there, but I also have an account on Narutoforums and have roughly about the same amount of posts there as I do on Arlong Park. Who gives a shit? It's completely irrelevant. I have other accounts on other boards, so fucking what? You can find me under the same name with a couple thousand posts on Zelda Universe too. I'm not sure how this is relevant at all.

The most popular message boards in the world right now are 2ch, 4chan, reddit, and Neogaf. If not THE most popular, some of the most popular. All of them are full of people who criticize Naruto and Bleach on a weekly basis.

I mean.. I do think it'll be explained eventually. They'll probably go into how they created the stealing devices. Some hidden truth about zanpakutou. But the fact is that as of right now, yes, it goes against what we know. Which is kinda the point, the shinigami wouldn't have been so totally shocked by it otherwise.
Stealing a bankai power as not The same as stealing a zampakto spirit. They can't go bankai anymore, but they can still use spirits to shikai.

Angry Grimace

Where does Arlong Park even factor into this? I barely view that board and for some reason it always gets namedropped. I have an account there, but I also have an account on Narutoforums and have roughly about the same amount of posts there as I do on Arlong Park. Who gives a shit? It's completely irrelevant. I have other accounts on other boards, so fucking what? You can find me under the same name with a couple thousand posts on Zelda Universe too. I'm not sure how this is relevant at all.

The most popular message boards in the world right now are 2ch, 4chan, reddit, and Neogaf. If not THE most popular, some of the most popular. All of them are full of people who criticize Naruto and Bleach on a weekly basis.

Most people don't use message boards. People that actively post tend to be argumentative.

I don't understand why you don't seem to understand that message boards aren't a reliable cross-section of the population of anything.

Big One

Banned
Most people don't use message boards. People that actively post tend to be argumentative.

I don't understand why you don't seem to understand that message boards aren't a reliable cross-section of the population of anything.
The anime and manga fandom exists more on message boards than it does in real life, however, so the population not using message boards argument doesn't really apply here. Anime and manga are dead markets outside of Japan right now and the majority of people who are viewing these products are pirating them aka we have absolutely no real measure on how many people are actually anime and manga fans in the West. This is why you absolutely cannot use buyrates and sales as an argument cause it's missing more than half of the fandom's opinion that exists on the internet. This also applies to the piracy that happens in Eastern countries too.

When it comes to opinions on anime/manga, message boards is all you got as a weight. There's positive opinions too, but going to the average message board when bringing up a series like Naruto and Bleach in a topic will just get critical lashings about how much the series suck.

Like I said, if there was a legitimate site that criticized anime and manga properly, both of these series would be the lowest on the totem pole when it comes to popular shonen series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom