• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach 550
tumblr_mtqieqa3Cw1qbxqfpo1_250.png

Essentially how I was as the chapter progress. If he truly kills Hitsugaya, then Ill be conflicted, praise for doing something extremely risky in this final arc to finally make it feel serious...disappointment that it had to be Hitsugaya of all characters.

Doesn't Hitsugaya rank high in character polls? I don't think Kubo has it in him to kill off a popular character.

Plus, Aizen is still alive in bleach. By default people want to see how he trolls the fuck out of these fools.

I'm still waiting for his return :(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Thats what he just did.

He's saying how nobody actually likes when so and so happens and they're all complaining, but its actually just a vocal minority of people who like complaining on the internet.

Both series are quite popular. I think he'd have a field day if he tried to read Shingeki no Kyojin.

Finally approved and this is the first place I want to post!

Naruto

Too many motivational speeches, let's get a move on! Give Sasuke the Rinnegan already and let's get their showdown started.

One Piece

Future prediction? Luffy wins the fruit, gives it to Sabo. Eventually. Unless Sabo doesn't need it at this point or already has a devil fruit power...

G.ZZZ

Oh i can finally post on GAF too? Can't remember how long it was since i registered my mail :p

Toriko

Best manga ever, best chapter ever, as always, every week.

Soma

One of the few "cool" manga done right. At least being about cooking and kids it's not as ridicolous as some others.

Soma 41

This manga is so good. Great art, perfectly paced, and super likable characters. Souma's dad is awesome and I'm glad that Souma himself is just a great dude. The least annoying protag ever.

I know it's a long shot but I wonder if it'll ever get released in English, would love to own physical copies.

Long shot? In what world, its the leading manga that will most likely be announced on Monday by viz in english weekly shonen jump...

mhs004

Oh i can finally post on GAF too? Can't remember how long it was since i registered my mail :p

Toriko

Best manga ever, best chapter ever, as always, every week.

Soma

One of the few "cool" manga done right. At least being about cooking and kids it's not as ridicolous as some others.
I like this junior.

G.ZZZ

Manga? I can't make lists honestly. My favourite ongoing mangas in no order:

- Toriko best shonen, those 80' feels
- Punpun best depressing read
- Prison School best ero/thriller
- Real best sport

As for all time mangas there's just so many i'd forgot them for sure!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Soma 41

This manga is so good. Great art, perfectly paced, and super likable characters. Souma's dad is awesome and I'm glad that Souma himself is just a great dude. The least annoying protag ever.

I know it's a long shot but I wonder if it'll ever get released in English, would love to own physical copies.

He's a little too oblivious for my tastes, though. There's just something about chick magnet characters who don't notice that girls are wearing bikini's as regular clothes that bugs me.

Bleach

I re-read the other translation, and i am now more confident in saying that it was Hitsugaya that got hit and not a clone.

Beelzebub

Hell to the fucking yeah. A great chapter.

upandaway

He's a little too oblivious for my tastes, though. There's just something about chick magnet characters who don't notice that girls are wearing bikini's as regular clothes that bugs me.
So far it could go either way between oblivious and uninterested. If he's really just oblivious, that would be hilarious considering the mangaka here. Being plain uninterested is way, way more common in Jump than the oblivious variety (don't let Nisekoi give you the wrong idea).

- Real best sport

I see Prison School and Toriko. You have very good taste.

Yonafunu

Oyasumi Punpun 37-38

tumblr_ly7vnyJ4na1qa8xb8.gif

- Real best sport

NOBODY WARNED ME

Good list btw

Gintamen

Yamada and the Seven Witches - 76/77

It's getting annoying how much they get stalked. How could they have been stopped by her, she has no rights outside. Stupid, I'm slowly losing interest if Yoshikawa keeps stalling like that. At least the end was pleasing.

yPNBK0k.jpg

Shokugeki no Soma 41

Originally, I thought Doujima was supposed to be the manliness character in this manga.

But goddamn, Jouchirou is taking that title and just running away with it.

Angry Grimace

Yamada and the Seven Witches - 76/77

It's getting annoying how much they get stalked. How could they have been stopped by her, she has no rights outside. Stupid, I'm slowly losing interest if Yoshikawa keeps stalling like that. At least the end was pleasing.

You were expecting Yamada to literally resolve the balance of the plot right there? That's not a manga trope, that's a fiction trope. He's not going to restore Shiraishi before he restores anyone else. He's also going to have to recruit the Vice President's aide, unless Tamaki techically counts?

Hime-dol 4
Boring chase chapter. I don't get why this has become a cliche. What's the allure of being chased in a girls-only building

Dance in the Vampire Bund 1-12
Interesting premise. i also like how there is ongoing politics between the royalty of the vampires and between the humans. I also like how the vampires by nature are evil and lack self-control whereas other works with vampires have them with full-compsure and very humane. The battle scene was also nice

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Shokugeki 41:

My dick is exploding from all the hot, manly blood.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Toriko

Flashback is pretty interesting. Midora is essentially a feral child tamed by food.
Maybe this flashback will reveal what GOD is? Or the other food's on Acacia's menu?

Shokugeki no Soma

Manly as fuck!
This better be the series that International Jump is picking up soon. It's just so good.

Angry Grimace

Shokugeki 41:

My dick is exploding from all the hot, manly blood.

This is a way of saying how you feel.

Did anyone else notice on the first page of this week's Soma chapter, Alice looks like a palette swap of Nikumi
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Top 5 + Reading list now go

Berserk (lol)
One Punch Man
One Piece
NonNonBa

Guilty pleasure:
Naruto
Toriko
Gantz

All time:
Akira
Eden
Monster
Slam Dunk
Lone Wolf and Cub

I also love Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, Hellsing (the art took quite a while to grow on me), Yotsuba&! and would have put 20th Century Boys in my top 5 if I felt that he didn't drop the ball in the final chapters.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
One Piece
I knew Jora was going to get friendly with the Strawhats, but I'm glad it happened via Brook tricking and defeating her rather than Violet 2.0. Interesting that Jora seems to have been the one behind those water rabbits. Or some assistant is putting his own stuff in the manga lol.

The prior history is pretty interesting and explains a lot, though there must still be something up with Doflamingo since no one acts like he's a real World Noble. I imagine the Dwarf King told Robin this story already too last chapter. And its intriguing how well this story fits with Robin's previous interactions with Vivi's dad (and makes it retroactive foreshadowing since back then Robin told him off for thinking his family was protecting the poneglyph).

Not sure how Law gets out of this. Even with 1/2 the Strawhats now heading towards Green Bit. I guess at some point Nami will run off to Zo to get Law's crew like he told her to do.

Oh and the person Luffy noticed is totally going to be Bellamy trying to "assassinate" him.

Bleach
Nothing happened. This was just the chapter where the enemies reveal that they were more powerful than expected!.... except we all knew that already. Next chapter will be where the captains get owned until someone shows up to save them as a cliffhanger. Probably.

I laugh at people who think Bleach is going to end before 2015.

Naruto
zzzzzzz

Bleach:

lets be honest. It doesn't matter if theres ground shaking revelations or epic fights, you people will still say nothing important happened or it sucked.

Naruto: Aside from kumos gloriouslooking kage, the chapter sucked.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Bleach:

lets be honest. It doesn't matter if theres ground shaking revelations or epic fights, you people will still say nothing important happened or it sucked.
That's not true. There have been good chapters of Bleach and worse ones too. Indeed, I will honestly say that these chapters are a large improvement upon all the Hueco Mundo saga chapters. Back then, Kubo would've done this trick but cover only 1 fight at a time. At least now he's trying to cover 3 fights at once and shows that he's still trying to give this arc an improved sense of pacing. The problem is that we've been reading Bleach for 12 years now and thus know all of his tricks and writing style.

Soma 41

gDRka.gif

So he didn't graduate, I wonder if its because of an Shougeki (wouldn't be surprised if it was Gin tbh) or he met future wife or he just said fuck it

42 is gonna be hype.

Angry Grimace

You realize most people here aren't actively trying to hate Bleach every week

I'm biased because I absolutely hate the Vandenreich as villains. There's a tremendous amount of failing in this arc, but its not something I think I can fairly point out until its over.

Ratman - 53

So Shiningman went through the same thing every hero goes through. Craving more power because he couldn't protect everyone. So much being revealed in this chapter, I'm expecting a conclusion very soon.

Shinigami-sama to 4-nin no Kanojo 3 -

RmUeDuP.png

Also, this hit yandere route super fast.

Yandere route? I might have to start reading this now.

Hitsuygaya was always lame.

Yep, only worth it when being massively trolled by Aizen

By default people want to see how he trolls the fuck out of these fools.

Indeed.

its the main reason i'm reading Bleach right now (next is answering old questions plus being the final arc)

I'm biased because I absolutely hate the Vandenreich as villains.

Not really a fan of them either and they seem like they are just there so Ishida can be in the spotlight again.

With that there are a handful of them I have some interest in seeing so I should get some entertainment (don't give a fuck about the ones we see fighting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom