• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

R.I.P

One Piece

Law flashback incoming.

Naruto

Obito getting Talk no Jutsu'd in the next few chapters and then offed by Madara/Sasuke/whoever.

Bleach

Urahara delivers.

Well, I suppose this is hypothetical, since DF is never going to last long enough or have the occassion to fight a Yonkou, but when has it ever been the case in One piece where the main villain was not the ultimate obstacle to summount in a OP arc? How many of Kaidou's massive crew will matter to the SHs when they actually take him down? Kaidou will probably be the main threat to Luffy, and then his top generals will match up with the SHs ultimately... It is only the top dogs that matter to the top dogs as I said. Considering WB had people like Ace and Marco who are at least as strong as DF under him, and Kaidou is on the same plain as WB, I don't see how you could in anyway insist that DF would be able to go toe to toe with him. Law specifically mentioned Kaidou, not his crew, although that is no doubt part of his threat. But he mentions the man, that is good enough proof for me, given what else we know about the yonkou...

The question is how strong the SH going to be by the time they get to him .
How much people they going to fight and level up before the fight one of the YonKou .
Don't forget that Big Mom still out there .
Still lets wait and see how this arc plays out .

LeleSocho

Banned
One Piece
How's that we never seen the threads before? Oh yeah obviously it's the Plot no Jutsu, the moment Oda is ready to unveil his power then and only then you can see the threads.
Doflamingo's DF power was expected by everyone but at least i'm happy that isn't a broken one but more like an apparent useless one like Luffy's.

One Piece
How's that we never seen the threads before? Oh yeah obviously it's the Plot no Jutsu, the moment Oda is ready to unveil his power then and only then you can see the threads.
Doflamingo's DF power was expected by everyone but at least i'm happy that isn't a broken one but more like an apparent useless one like Luffy's.

Dude it's the norm when it comes to string powers in manga lol
I remember it was that way in Gintama also and few others .
Thing is we still can't see all of them only when Don puts together a certain amount lol .

LeleSocho

Banned
Dude it's the norm when it comes to string powers in manga lol
I remember it was that way in Gintama also and few others .
Thing is we still can't see all of them only when Don puts together a certain amount lol .

Well we can see five of them
pZF0IHT.png

Higurashi When They Cry - Onikakushi-hen END

Crazy stuff. I want to know what that photographer and Keiichi got that made them scratch their throats out. I don't know if I should wait for the game to be released on Steam (it's been greenlit) or just read the manga though. The game has a serious case of Bad Art™

You read a wrong version

Yup, you were right. Everything makes sense now :lol

Bossun

Naruto

Bleh, dejà-vu

Bleach

Okay explanation, but damn Urahara coming out of nowhere with his senzu..

Too easy Kubo, too easy...

One Piece

My problem with Sanji is he will always get owned against an important character, he does feel like he didn't make any progress, same with all the other characters.
Even zoro but a bit less.

What's funny is that Don does not have an advantage against all the SH. It could be Nami's time to shine, being able to control the weather she could easily remove the clouds and render Don just a strong guy.

Would be a perfect time for her or for a combo with another character.

Blue Exorcist
The plot thickens like gravy.

Ran and the Gray World
Cool purification sequence, still didn't like seeing Ran hugging Outatrou at the end (like Ran's dad)

Naruto

I had to look up Mizukage's hair and she's... a brunette/redhead? Mind blown. JRPGs have trained me to assume that every Water-related character has blue hair and vice versa and since I've never seen any official colouring before I just assumed it was the same for her. It's weird.

LeleSocho

Banned
One Piece

What's funny is that Don does not have an advantage against all the SH. It could be Nami's time to shine, being able to control the weather she could easily remove the clouds and render Don just a strong guy.

Nami+Brooke

Nami moves the clouds and Brooke cut the threads
At least we would see some Brooke action, he's as useless as Nami pre-Alabasta.

Kusagari

Do the clouds even do anything for Don besides let him fly?

I don't see how that would really help in a direct fight against him.

Nami+Brooke

Nami moves the clouds and Brooke cut the threads
At least we would see some Brooke action, he's as useless as Nami pre-Alabasta.

Don could just control either of them , none of the SH are a match for Don but Luffy .
Even worst if he on land where they have no advantage was so ever .

LeleSocho

Banned

Well at least you prevent him from moving to other areas and force him to battle you.

Don could just control either of them , none of the SH are a match for Don expect luffy .
Even worst he if on land where they have no advantage was so ever .

Surprise attack!!!11ONE1ELEVEN

Yeah, that is so they can get away, it is not going to help them if they fight him. Anyway, I wonder if he can turn his body into threads and stuff. Might make him quite difficult to beat. Just being able to use threads to attack and tie people up etc doesnt seem that great to me. I mean zoro could just slice through his threads...Zoro especially needs to step up his game...he trained with Hawk Eyes but we have yet to see the fruits of his labour. The gap between him and Sanji should have widened if anything. If Gold Roger can have a guy like Silvers (who could still likely tank the Don), then Zoro is going to have to step up his game if he wants to be the right hand man of the PK.

Well at least you prevent him from moving to other areas and force him to battle you.

Surprise attack!!!11ONE1ELEVEN

Nami getting rid off clouds would just stop him from chasing them they stand no chance vs him .
You do know that Don most likely have Haki surprise attack most likely not going to work .

Yeah, that is so they can get away, it is not going to help them if they fight him. Anyway, I wonder if he can turn his body into threads and stuff. Might make him quite difficult to beat. Just being able to use threads to attack and tie people up etc doesnt seem that great to me. I mean zoro could just slice through his threads...Zoro especially needs to step up his game...he trained with Hawk Eyes but we have yet to see the fruits of his labour. The gap between him and Sanji should have widened if anything. If Gold Roger can have a guy like Silvers (who could still likely tank the Don), then Zoro is going to have to step up his game if he wants to be the right hand man of the PK.

Nel you are forgetting he has Haki he can just imbue his strings with them .
You also seem to be forgetting pre time skip Zoro could not even cut oars while Don cut off his whole leg with ease .
Depending on how Oda does his power and how strong his strings are he could very broken with Haki .

EDIT i have watch and read enough manga \ anime to know string powers can be broken as hell .

Bleach

Loved Urahara trolling Mayuri. The solution to restore the bankai makes sense.

One Piece

The Don doesnt fuck around. I only can see Zoro and Law being able to fight him.

Ran and the Gray World 33

Bullshit. Fuck Outarou.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Naruto: F

Think about this for a moment. Prime first, second, third, and fourth hokage are all teaming up in an effort with the entire ninja race to beat...Obito? I mean, I know he fused with the ten tails or something but I mean, really? I just stepped back and thought about it...Obito? Fucking Obito? Good lord.

Also, fuck Naruto.

Edit: Oh god Kakashi's internal monologue...Admiring Naruto...the "why do you keep fighting? WHY DO YOU KEEP GETTING UP?" from the villain...Talk No Jutsu is coming, isn't it?!?!?!

Bleach: F

I haven't read it yet but I'm going to give it an F.

So, bear with me for a second.
We know Doflamingo is an asshole right? It was established when he punished Bellamy in Mock Town. However, at the time I thought he just killed him, and I can't remember if Oda ever gave us a hint to tell us otherwise. Then, in this chapter, Doflamingo actually hesitates when his crewmates get threatened by law.
This makes him profoundly different from the average mustache-twirling villain, and I wonder if there's something behind it.

Aizo

Banned
I AM A HERO

Goddamn there is NO manga, I repeat, NO manga that can illustrate the point "everybody can die" better than this.

Damn some of the deaths in the most recent chapter are very quick and brutal. Just woosh, blink, die, and press forward. Damnnn.

New chapters...
Where?

Jump TOC Issue #46 (12/10) :
One Piece (Cover & Lead Color Page)
Kuroko no Basket
Assassination Classroom
Naruto
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Shokugeki no Soma (Color Page)
Nisekoi
Hachi
Gintama
Hq!!
Kishibe Rohan wa Ugokanai (Color Page, One Shot, 47 pg.)
Toriko
Koi no Cupid Yakeno Harajin
World Trigger
Soul Catcher(S)
Bleach
Beelzebub
Kochikame
Hime-dol!!
Kurokuroku
Hunter x Hunter (Hiatus)

#47:

Cover & Lead CP: Isobe Isobee Monogatari (New Series)
CP: Gintama, PSI Kusuo Saiki

Jump NEXT! Fall:

Cover: Hq!!
Lead CP: Pochikuro by Naoya Matsumoto (Author of Nekowappa!, 50 pg.)
CP: My Animal by Kenta Tsuchida (Author of Lock On!, 49 pg.)
Ending CP: Cross Manage (31 pg.)
Bangaihen: Kuroko no Basket, Hq!!, Shokugeki no Soma, World Trigger

The fall and rise of Saiki Kusuo. Wonder how Koi no Cupid will do once its rank time.

Naruto 650
tumblr_mucm6ixnRj1rker84o1_500.jpg

It has to be utterly impossible for anyone to dislike this chapter, that final page was incredible, Naruto (smiling) and Sasuke standing strong and so ready to finally take on Obito. We even got Naruto's best line, (never go back on his word cause that his nindo his ninja way even, in remembrance of part one even). Hype.

Healing technique reminded me of tales franchise rpg artes for some reason, I guess the whole healing while still fighting in a certain radius.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
BLEACH: B

Not gonna lie, that was pretty cool, even if I thought the captains could've gone without bankai for a while longer. Urahara da Gawd.

I can't be the only one that thinks that hollowfying the captains momentarily is gonna have a negative side effect later on...

Naruto

At least this chapter wasn't all "naruto you're so great slurp slurp slurp" like the last few. We really are going to get a naruto/sasuke fusion thing to win this fight aren't we. I guess that's better then talk no jutsu... If we get talk no jutsu end I will rage.

Bleach

So I guess somehow the Bankai still lives inside its owner even though the Quincy have stolen it. That's the only way to explain how giving the shinigami hollow powers would be able to poison them like that.

Honestly I thought it was an okay explanation, and now the shinigami can start winning.

One Piece

Of course the alliance isn't really done, Luffy won't allow that to happen cause they're friends. I don't mind a law flashback next chapter. Law and dofla are an interesting match up as long as fujitora doesn't interfere it could go either way.

Did qnyone else preorder Vinland Saga from Amazon? What happened? Its not shipping today and they moved the release date back to next week on their site....

At least Kodansha is going to announce some new books soon. Cant wait.

Yonafunu

Naruto

This is going nowhere. What the fuck Kishi.

Bleach

So this means there's still some connection to the Shinigami and his Bankai, even when it's stolen, right? Dat deus ex machina though

One Piece

Adding Law to the crew is the best thing Oda has done since Marineford.

Heysoos

Naruto

I feel like I've been reading the same chapter for weeks now... I really hope they don't talk Obito out of his madness. He fucking killed
Neji
and a bunch of people, if they talk him out of it, I'm going to lose it.

Foolworm

Bleach

What a farce. Shouldn't Masaki have died on the spot when that hollow thing infected her then? Besides, the Quincy can just keep the medallions but not use them and the Shinigami would be just as screwed anyway.

Ran to Haiiro no Sekai

Well there it is. Why am I not surprised?

Bleach 552

Well with that taken care of, Bleach is definitely going to end before even winter ends 2014. Was surprised that Nanao wasnt even hurt at all and ultimately kudos, accolades, and encomium to Kubo for letting us once again see Diaguren Hyorinmaru. With the captains, back I cant see what role Byakuya, Renji, Rukia, have for this arc.

Guess all Im looking forward to now is Ichida team up to defeat Yhwach. Will miss Bazz-B.

Lain

I was reading my copy of the 13th volume of Dengeki Daisy and I got annoyed at the cropping done to the pages, since it cut off translated text.
Now, cropping of pages is part of the business of manga publishing because of the way printing works, is what I have been told, but how invasive can it be?
I'm gonna give an example with a page from the scanlations of the first chapter of volume 13, which I went to look for specifically to see how much cropping had taken place.

This is what it looks like on the scan
PZw.png

This is what it looks like in my edition of the book:
QZw.png

The funny part is that these publishers edit the pages without keeping cropping in mind, so in my Italian edition, that text to the left of Teru's head is partly cut off. They translated it, they edited it in, yet they didn't consider their giant fucking cropping of every page. It's one of the things that makes me feel like a dumbass for paying for my manga.

Kodansha really shit the bed with the Vinland saga release...

Cant wait for Luffy to beat the shit out of Doflamingo. They have been building him up for too long to have Law beat him. Bepo will have to rescue Law.

Naruto

I feel like the last 10 Chapters have been fooling us. We are all trapped in izanagi.

Bleach

Urahara delivers. Too easy though. At least the explanation makes sense.

One Piece

Sanji got some priase than owned. Makes sense though, he is only 3rd strongest.
Law will also be defeated.

Mujihi na Karada 3
tumblr_mucvlwT8kF1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Depressing chapter for Nanao after that early morning wake up at senseis, how could he do that even and worst now a breakup with Aikawa after this. Painful two month wait for the next chapter.

One Piece

Well this was a very interesting chapter. I knew ever since Marineford that Doflamingo had some kind of thread or string fruit. You don't just cut off a giant's leg, and control a member of somebody's crew (Diamond Jozu) without something under the table. Since Doflamingo doesn't carry a sword, dagger, etc it was a pretty big "this is my DF power" showcase to me.

Hystzen

BLEACH: B

Not gonna lie, that was pretty cool, even if I thought the captains could've gone without bankai for a while longer. Urahara da Gawd.

I can't be the only one that thinks that hollowfying the captains momentarily is gonna have a negative side effect later on...

didn't Opie absorb Ayon which turned him into a messed up monster due to Ayon being hollowish

ReiGun

Naruto is repeating itself and has been for month. Blah blah blah, will of fire, blah blah blah, Hokage legacy, blah blah blah, let's rush him, blah blah blah Naruto is so cool, blah blah blah blah blah. This whole Obito thing just needs to end.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm honestly surprised less people were insulted by how insipid that chapter of Bleach was. Dude just popped up out of nowhere and teleported magical beans to everyone that just happened to fix all of their problems.

I'm honestly surprised less people were insulted by how insipid that chapter of Bleach was. Dude just popped up out of nowhere and teleported magical beans to everyone that just happened to fix all of their problems.

It's has gotten to point where i let things go for both Bleach and Naruto since there near the end .

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's has gotten to point where i let things go for both Bleach and Naruto since there near the end .

Honestly not sure about Naruto. They went out of their way to announce Bleach ending and they didn't say shit about Naruto; not to mention, I imagine they don't want them both ending at the same time. Not going to be surprised when there's a lot of Naruto filler to make it last longer.

IHaveIce

Banned
Aunt Tits

Hope that Murakami becomes an important character now.
I hope not. Nobody cares for this dude except maybe DTL, we want girls

I just want it to end. Also it is really funny how people are like aw yeah now they have a chance... but do they? Bazz B( what a shitty name) fucked up hitsugaya without having stolen a bankai and this without effort

One Piece

HURRR PLOT NO JUTSU. Maybe you should pay better attention

Chapter 698
29gcRKT.png

Bleach
While I think Urahara is cool, Kubo has to be the crappiest writer ever. Urahara is a walking DEM. Anytime there's any mystery "Well, I was doing some reasearch in my kitchen and I've made this anti-bad guy device perfect for the situation". He's like if you took the Megas and tried to apply it to something semi serious

One Piece

My problem with Sanji is he will always get owned against an important character, he does feel like he didn't make any progress, same with all the other characters.
Even zoro but a bit less.

What?!
Sanji can fly and fight in midair now. That alone allows him to do crazy stuff (like coming from the other side of the island in time)
General Franky is probably pushing Franky close to the Big 3 in terms of power, not to mention he has a laser too
Zoro is way stronger. He owned Hodi UNDERWATER

I hope not. Nobody cares for this dude except maybe DTL, we want girls

I just want it to end. Also it is really funny how people are like aw yeah now they have a chance... but do they? Bazz B( what a shitty name) fucked up hitsugaya without having stolen a bankai and this without effort

If I understand things correctly Urahara basically gave all the shinigami a bit of hollow power which is poisonous to the Quincy. Now any successful hits by the shinigami should do more damage to the Quincy and slowly poison them from the inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom