• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a very simple way to explain Bankai being "stolen" if it ends up true I called it

The medals don't really "steal" bankai, they simply seal it's power and copy it. This would also explain why giving all the captains hollowfication would instantly hurt the Quincy who had stolen/copied Bankai. If the bankai had truly been stolen then simply giving the shinigami hollowfication shouldn't cause pain to the Quincy the way it did.

My theory is that the quincies steal the riatsu and the reshi of a bankai. Everytime a shinigami release his/her bankai their riatsu increase by 5-10 times.

upandaway

One Piece

That was intense! Mango's giant string is scary as hell. Still, I doubt Sanji would have gone out as fast as he did if he had a bit of mental preparation for that ability.

I'm still bummed out that Sanji had so much trouble with Vergo and then Law one-shotted him, so I guess I'm just hopeful. I know Sanji's best moments are behind the scenes stuff, but when he blows someone away it's even better (like in Arlong Park).

About Law, haha, holy crap! Just when I thought I couldn't love him any more than I do now. Gimme that flashback!
And yeah no way the alliance is over. This is ripe for some Luffy "shut up and let me help you" interference.
Really hyped for Law's crew coming back. Hope it happens this arc, but probably not.

ONE PIECE

I think I've said this before but, often times it really feels like the power levels in One Piece is very much influenced by a lottery of which Devil Fruit you are getting yourself.

I am... not sure whether this is a good or bad thing yet.

I guess this what makes characters such as Sanji/Zoro to me as much more interesting than Luffy. Oh, and CP9 too--but then Oda just had to give them fruits =___=
Can't say I agree there, man. Think about it like this. Zoro picks up a sword - it boosts his power and gives him the ability to cut things. It's essentially the same thing as someone eating a DF, right? It's just a weapon. If the person using the weapon is weak, it won't do much besides give him the ability that the weapon enables, like swords cut things (see Smoker, Ceasar). And if the person is strong, he'll be super strong even without a weapon, especially when he was never trained to use a weapon to begin with (see Garp in how a DF-less Luffy could be).

With this analogy you could answer that armed people have an advantage over unarmed people, which is why this isn't a really good analogy. But hell, in OP, that's not even true anyways, so whatever. It took me like 10 minutes to find a good enough one to use.

Based on these translations, I'm unsure whether Law's only intent was Doflamingo and never planned on taking down Kaidou
or
main focus was Doflamingo, and Kaidou would just be gravy.

Law has escaped too many fights. He's definitely doing down this time.
I thought it was pretty clear, Law just revealed that he never planned on taking down Kaidou. It's half the surprise of the last couple of pages.

His point is still false. The hollowed shinigami was specifically designed to spread the hollow virus to other shinigami, while the Urahara method is designed to immediately harm the quincies.

sounds like an asspull to me
7mRlTCU.png

The Gamer 5
tumblr_mud7imjv7D1qbxqfpo1_500.png

He has to be the happiest person ever to want to level grind, then again, as long as a games battle system is fun then I wouldnt mind level grinding (Xillia, Star Ocean 5, Graces F, Resonance of Fate...). In any event, the real world merged with these MMORPG elements does at least bring new light to the aspect of how it would be, waiting for replenishing mana as well as low health healing items is annoying.

I understand what you're saying, but you should know by now Beam is never going to admit something relevant about Bleach is bad. What you see as an asspull, he will almost always see as Fridge Brilliance.

Eh, i always criticized the pace in Bleach until this arc started, and the lack of the focus on Ichigo´s friends (Orihime, and Chad). It really left a sour taste in my mouth that the human cast was treated the way it did in the Fullbring arc. I understood that it was paramount for Ichigo to understand that he needs his shinigami powers, because it´s a part of who he is. I was also left bitter that Byakuya was still alive, after Kubo drew a very slow death scene. But whatever. It´s not like you admit that some people say that the quality of part one in Naruto much superior than part 2, without you saying that it´s the same when it´s clearly not the same at all.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Eh, i always criticized the pace in Bleach until this arc started, and the lack of the focus on Ichigo´s friends (Orihime, and Chad). It really left a sour taste in my mouth that the human cast was treated the way it did in the Fullbring arc. I understood that it was paramount for Ichigo to understand that he needs his shinigami powers, because it´s a part of who he is. I was also left bitter that Byakuya was still alive, after Kubo drew a very slow death scene. But whatever. It´s not like you admit that some people say that the quality of part one in Naruto much superior than part 2, without you saying that it´s the same when it´s clearly not the same at all.

You criticise things people don't care about but won't admit anything you didn't bring up yourself is actually bad or even potentially valid.

I freely admit that some people say that the quality of part one in Naruto much superior than part 2.

You criticise things people don't care about but won't admit anything you didn't bring up yourself is actually bad or even potentially valid.

I freely admit that some people say that the quality of part one in Naruto much superior than part 2.

No you did not. You went on and on of how Naruto part one and 2 were similar in quality.

IHaveIce

Banned
Say what you will about Bleach, but I'm willing to bet the chapter where Aizen shows up you'll all go

black-girl-crying-fist-pump-gif.gif

yeah but just because it would be hilarious. Nobody gives a real damn about the writing in Bleach, so we just could get back the real villian of the manga and call it a day.

Aizen is a meme at this point, it is not because we all are like "man he was the best written character in the history of fiction, he has to return"

I think I only keep on reading Naruto and Bleach because at this point I dedicated too much time into it to just drop it :/

And it is still not as bad as Nisekoi.

Akito

One Piece

Great cover, color spread and chapter, you can't really ask for more. I can't wait to see what has happened in the past between Law and Dofla.

Naruto: I dunno what's worse, that I'm bored out of my skull with this or that characters like Naruto/Sasuke and Sarutobi/Orochimaru are just totally chill with each other now.

god this manga

Bleach: Kubo can't be this bad with deus ex machinas, right?

Right?

One Piece: Yeah, I doubt Luffy will let the alliance crumble just because Law said so. Expecting awesome dudebro moments from the two.

IHaveIce

Banned
One Piece

Ok checking the timeline, do we have something already that could fit? Mostly stuff is somehow connected to other stuff in OP, so what could happened? Did Dofla turn Law's family into toys? Hm but Law's origin is from one of the Blues.

Dofla has connection to the celestial dragons/ was one/ is one/ his parents are probably still .

Come on ideas people.

DonFlamingo was for me one of the most interesting characters since he was introduced, to see he is really some super big guy is pleasing.

RedSwirl

Did anybody else order Vinland Saga Volume 1 from Amazon only to see it delayed? Now it doesn't have a date at all, and the link in my order leads to a 404 (I think I ordered the hardcover).

Foolworm

His point is still false. The hollowed shinigami was specifically designed to spread the hollow virus to other shinigami, while the Urahara method is designed to immediately harm the quincies.

That's not what I read, albeit I read it in a minute or so.

Either way, all the Quincy have to do is keep their medallions and not use them. The Shinigami still won't be able to use their Bankai and get crushed. In any case, didn't Urahara say it was only an instant of hollow-fying? I don't think he can keep sending those magic pellets every time they steal another one.

This infection talk brings back memories of Zombie Powder for some reason.

One Piece

The colour cover looks sweet. Nami looks like that girl from Marmalade Boy.

ryan13ts

One Piece:

Awesome chapter, Law revealing that he never intended to take on Kaidou was a pretty interesting reveal. I'm interested to see what's got him so fixated on taking down Doflamingo, so hopefully we'll get the obligatory flashback soon. I'm also interested to learn more about Kaidou, since he has to be a complete monster for even Doflamingo to be afraid of him.

And we FINALLY got the name of Doflamingo's devil fruit this chapter, the Ito Ito no Mi. I figured it would be related to string, but it's finally nice to have a name to put with it. It's also pretty funny how Law just casually drops the name for the fruit, considering it took the longest in the entire series to be properly named (11 years according to OP wiki).

Also, that color cover was awesome. Nami + Marilyn Monroe pose = Hot

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Say what you will about Bleach, but I'm willing to bet the chapter where Aizen shows up you'll all go

black-girl-crying-fist-pump-gif.gif

I will laugh hysterically. I'd only like it because I don't care how this ends anymore, I haven't since the pacing went to shit in Fake Katakura Town. I'm hoping for a train wreck of epic proportions at this point. It's the only way I'll be entertained.

Akito

Green Blood 28-49 (end)
That was alrigh, pretty much what you could have expected . The artwork remained impressive till the end but I do think that the story/suspense was at its best when Brad was still trying to protect and provide for his younger brother by working a hit man.

LeleSocho

Banned
Well we've also seen him control people like they were puppets, with his hands like there were strings tied to his fingers. This has been foreshadowed since forever.

Any time in animation and comics/manga ever, trap and puppeteering strings are invisible until it becomes appropriate to show them.

Your beef should be with the super-thin, hard-to-see strings' plot-dependant visibility. This is about as "Plot no Jutsu" as Walter's abilities in Hellsing. Heck, even less so because it's been foreshadowed repeatedly and downright forever, and it was explicitly revealed many many chapters before it became relevant

And the fact that in every other manga/anime happens the same excuses One Piece how?
The fact that everyone figured it out the first time he was introduced (remember when they introduced the Five Old Stars? tankobon 25 if i'm not wrong) makes it even worse since there was really no reason to hide his DF, it's not some genius stuff like the Haki in the very first chapter.

Koe no Katachi 6
Good thing Ishida is trying to make amends but I hope they end up dating or anything...mostly because it seems way too cliche (or if they, I hope the author introduces it naturally).

Donyatsu 23
It's Mr. Pig!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
And the fact that in every other manga/anime happens the same excuses One Piece how?
The fact that everyone figured it out the first time he was introduced (remember when they introduced the Five Old Stars? tankobon 25 if i'm not wrong) makes it even worse since there was really no reason to hide his DF, it's not some genius stuff like the Haki in the very first chapter.

You're right that there was no reason to hide it, but until now there was no real reason to tell us either. We found out what his power is called when the Straw Hats did. All revealing it now instead of earlier did was spare us from having to be told what he can do twice.

One Piece is pretty much excused from everything, bruh.

I'm not entirely sure what it's getting excused from. Donfla's power was foreshadowed and now we're told exactly what it is. Now he's complaining that we weren't told earlier as well?

ryan13ts

One Piece

Time for more 'new nakama' speculation. Luffy helps Law get his revenge, Heart Pirates become a division of the Straw Hats.

I doubt this will happen. I do however see the two crew's staying friendly with each other, and I'm sure Luffy and Law will end up having a relationship that kind of mirrors Shanks and Mihawk.

And you assume it was being hidden why? The first time we see him use his powers against random soldiers it was made pretty obvious what kind of DF he had. So far Dofla's appearances in the series have been

-Minor scene when discussing who to replace Crocodile with, he controls soldiers like puppets to fight each other

-Minor scene when he punishes Bellamy, controlling him like a puppet

-The war, where he only has his scene where he and Crocodile attack each other and his declaration that "the winner decides justice"

-The scene after the war where he chases down Moria with pacifista, then tells the marine guy to f off

-This recent saga, where he plays the main antagonist and has his power officially revealed

When did his power need an official explanation before this? The only scene you could possibly argue is when he attacks Smoker's unit at Punk Hazard, but even if he had decided to explain it to the marines he just beat up it'd still have to be reexplained to the Strawhats later in this arc.

Tamanon

Banned
Considering most of you guys were bitching about how could the bankais be stolen if they are supposedly a part of the Soul Reaper....this usage of the hollowification pill makes sense. I assume we'll get the explanation from Urahara as it goes on on how the stealing really works.

upandaway

And you assume it was being hidden why? The first time we see him use his powers against random soldiers it was made pretty obvious what kind of DF he had. So far Dofla's appearances in the series have been

-Minor scene when discussing who to replace Crocodile with, he controls soldiers like puppets to fight each other

-The war, where he only has his scene where he and Crocodile attack each other and his declaration that "the winner decides justice"

-The scene after the war where he chases down Moria with pacifista, then tells the marine guy to f off

-This recent saga, where he plays the main antagonist and has his power officially revealed

When did his power need an official explanation before this? The only scene you could possibly argue is when he attacks Smoker's unit at Punk Hazard, but even if he had decided to explain it to the marines he just beat up it'd still have to be reexplained to the Strawhats later in this arc.
There's also the scene where the guy from the slave auction calls him and he tells him off and says SMILE is the future

Not sure why we're doing this but well, figured I'd mention it on the way

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Considering most of you guys were bitching about how could the bankais be stolen if they are supposedly a part of the Soul Reaper....this usage of the hollowification pill makes sense. I assume we'll get the explanation from Urahara as it goes on on how the stealing really works.

Yes, it was a good way to fix it without retconning everything we know about how they work. Now there's just the matter of Kubo explaining how this whole thing was even possible in the first place considering how the swords work. That I'm not so sure will be a good explanation.

ryan13ts

I thought it was pretty clear that Doffy's DF was related to string... Well, at least after Marineford, that is. Before that, I suppose you could make the speculation of what his Devil Fruit was, but it's pretty clear on his first appearance that it's similar to a puppeteer, and thus probably string related.

After Marineford, it's clear as hell that it was probably the String-String fruit. I mean, he chopped off freaking Oars Jr leg without any visible effort, and you could even see his "strings" in his short battle with Smoker and anytime he used his ability afterwards.

I don't see how anyone could NOT know his DF was string related.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I don't get how it makes sense pending an explanation that doesn't yet, in fact, exist.

LeleSocho

Banned

MarineFord.
At MarineFord everyone was like "wow guyz look dat fruit" "I'm made of diamond!" "Dude i'm a motherfucking Phoenix, Mythical Zoo-Zoo motherfucker!" "I'm a Budda lulz" "Look how broken is my darkness, i liek that GuraGura though" "Hey my hands are scissors, let me cut your hair" "Want a vagina? Want a penis? Take my hormonez"
And i'm sure i'm forgetting someone.

Every time I search gaming side threads for my posts I only come up with results for "rose tinted glasses" and "nostalgia glasses".

:gaf

Angry Grimace

Every time I search gaming side threads for my posts I only come up with results for "rose tinted glasses" and "nostalgia glasses".

:gaf

You mean for why people think Naruto was ever good

MarineFord.
At MarineFord everyone was like "wow guyz look dat fruit" "I'm made of diamond!" "Dude
i'm a motherfucking Phoenix, Mythical Zoo-Zoo motherfucker!" "I'm a Budda lulz" "Look how broken is my darkness, i liek that GuraGura though" "Hey my hands are scissors, let me cut your hair" "Want a vagina? Want a penis? Take my hormonez"
And i'm sure i'm forgetting someone.

Up to now we still don't know the official names of Jozu or Marco DF if i remember right .
Just there pirates names which has there DF powers in them.
Don hardly use his DF but when he did we get enough hints to figure out what is was .

ffdgh

Naruto

Is this the climax? oh wait no madara still needs to do whatever he's planning lol.

One Piece

Things are getting exciting :O. I need more.

One Piece 724

Law for next strawhat please, He is so powerful and Room is so versatile. Bit disappointed that Oda has Sanji as so weak, he could have had him deal some damage or something, not just sit there and watch and need to be saved being in distress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom