• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

Honestly not sure about Naruto. They went out of their way to announce Bleach ending and they didn't say shit about Naruto; not to mention, I imagine they don't want them both ending at the same time. Not going to be surprised when there's a lot of Naruto filler to make it last longer.

The thing about it is that it makes everything pointless. What was the point of the 10+ chapters of them stealing Bankai and the captains panicking about it if it's literally reversed by deus ex machina the second the fights start?

Kubo pretty much makes the Captains invincible. Realistically speaking, the Captains would not last a minute against these guys. Sadly seeing as this is Kubo and he makes the good guys pretty much invincible, yeah. So it was fun while it lasted, the Quincy are probably going to go down like the Espada.

Bleach: HEY GUYS I JUST TOOK DOWN THE CAPTAIn! Lets just sit here and talk for a few minutes instead of wasting him! I'm positive nothing will happen!

Naruto: Wake me up when they're all dead

One Piece: I guess law is about to die. Please don't kill him off, I liked law.

Naruto

Get to the point.

Bleach

I need more depth to this explanation. But none the less urahara´s explanation was ok and finally got more depth of the quincy hate towards the hollows.
After re-reading the chapter on the superior translation, it seems that Urahara used the transfer method that Tessai used in TBTP arc when he transferred the vizards into a hidden location, and Hacchi´s technique when he put his arm inside of Barragan´s stomach and finished him off.

I always like how the fights show the personalities of the fighters. In this Cang Du´s personality has been somewhat explored. I loved Mayuri´s explanation about the quincy hate something that has no culture, or ideology.

Bleach

What a farce. Shouldn't Masaki have died on the spot when that hollow thing infected her then? Besides, the Quincy can just keep the medallions but not use them and the Shinigami would be just as screwed anyway.

Masaki would have died if Isshin and Urahara did not help her. Isshin sacrificed his shinigami life to protect her life.

I'm honestly surprised less people were insulted by how insipid that chapter of Bleach was. Dude just popped up out of nowhere and teleported magical beans to everyone that just happened to fix all of their problems.

Both Hacchi and Tessai used the same transport kido in the manga. It´s not the first time that happens.

one piece

I knew that Sanji would not last more than 2 seconds.

So Kodansha did not get any copies of Vinland Saga into Amazon's distribution network and the book is supposed to be out today. What a blunder.

Based on these translations, I'm unsure whether Law's only intent was Doflamingo and never planned on taking down Kaidou
or
main focus was Doflamingo, and Kaidou would just be gravy.

Law has escaped too many fights. He's definitely doing down this time.

Masaki would have died if Isshin and Urahara did not help her. Isshin sacrificed his shinigami life to protect her life.

That's not his point. It took a while for Masaki's hollow infection to take effect while Cang Du's was instantaneous. Although it could be that the use of the Bankai accelerated it.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
What's with the masaki comparisons? This trace hollow had an instantaneous effect on the bankai (the manifestation of the spirit itself), not the quincy. If Bruce Lee there just disintegrated then maybe there would be something to talk about but the bankai is the focus.
nah just left a trace amount similar to that plot line that magically disappeared when Ichigo was infected by Grimmjows reaistu after his beatdown and only Orihimie could remove it.
It didn't magically disappear, that's what Orihimes power does, it can reverse time as if an affected portion of the body/soul was never affected.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bleach

So if I'm reading this right basically the Urahara is replacing the stolen Bankais with "faux" Resurrections?

No he's just hollowfying the captain's bankais (like Ichigo's already is, which is why they couldn't steal it). It's a pretty clever way to give them the Bankais back, but it still doesn't explain how they were taken in the first place.

LeleSocho

Banned
HURRR PLOT NO JUTSU. Maybe you should pay better attention

Chapter 698
29gcRKT.png

What about all the other times?

Hystzen

What's with the masaki comparisons? This trace hollow had an instantaneous effect on the bankai (the manifestation of the spirit itself), not the quincy. If Bruce Lee there just disintegrated then maybe there would be something to talk about but the bankai is the focus.

It didn't magically disappear, that's what Orihimes power does, it can reverse time as if an affected portion of the body/soul was never affected.

I meant more the fact Arrancar reiastu affected ichigo just magically stopped it never mentioned or brought up again

Well we see most of the time he's cutting they're visible and when he's controlling they're invisible.

Even when he had Sanji in his "web" we couldn't see the strings holding him. Considering the only other times he's used them to attack was cutting off Oars Jrs. leg (which should have been clear that it was sliced off by how clean the cut was) and Crocs head it's been fairly consistent. This is the first time he's used the whip attack

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

Get to the point.

Bleach

I need more depth to this explanation. But none the less urahara´s explanation was ok and finally got more depth of the quincy hate towards the hollows.
After re-reading the chapter on the superior translation, it seems that Urahara used the transfer method that Tessai used in TBTP arc when he transferred the vizards into a hidden location, and Hacchi´s technique when he put his arm inside of Barragan´s stomach and finished him off.

I always like how the fights show the personalities of the fighters. In this Cang Du´s personality has been somewhat explored. I loved Mayuri´s explanation about the quincy hate something that has no culture, or ideology.

Both Hacchi and Tessai used the same transport kido in the manga. It´s not the first time that happens.

The problem isnt that he has magic teleportation (well it partially is, since nobody else does it unless its highly convenient for plot reasons), its that he has a completely out of the blue solution for everyone's problems. It's a deus ex machina, regardless of whether he explains how he came across it later.

Hystzen

The problem isnt that he has magic teleportation (well it partially is, since nobody else does it unless its highly convenient for plot reasons), its that he has a completely out of the blue solution for everyone's problems. It's a deus ex machina, regardless of whether he explains how he came across it later.

out of the blue?

we know he been trying figure out how to fix bankai issue since the attack on HM when he got the medallion.

Didn't Kubo hint at it by making Ichigo's Bankai the only one that couldn't be stolen?

Nordicus

Any time in animation and comics/manga ever, trap and puppeteering strings are invisible until it becomes appropriate to show them.

Your beef should be with the super-thin, hard-to-see strings' plot-dependant visibility. This is about as "Plot no Jutsu" as Walter's abilities in Hellsing. Heck, even less so because it's been foreshadowed repeatedly and downright forever, and it was explicitly revealed many many chapters before it became relevant

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
out of the blue?

we know he been trying figure out how to fix bankai issue since the attack on HM when he got the medallion.

"I solved it. Here's a magic pill." is still a deus ex machina. The fact that the solution is featured or referenced doesn't make it not a deus ex machina if it's a contrivance that solves the heroes problems. Urahara didn't actually do anything on screen; he just showed up and said "here, I fixed it."

The deus ex was invented in ancient Greek plays where a God or Goddess would be literally lowered into the scene by a machine to just solve everyone's problems. The fact that some hero prayed to that Goddess earlier in the play doesn't mean its not a contrived solution.

Didn't Kubo hint at it by making Ichigo's Bankai the only one that couldn't be stolen?

You're confusing consistency and plausibility of the solution with whether its a contrived, sudden solution to everyone's problem that nobody had to earn.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

That could just as easily have been because he's part Quincy, which if I remember right is what we all thought originally. If it had been one of the hollowfied captains it would have been a better hint.

IHaveIce

Banned
"I solved it. Here's a magic pill." is still a deus ex machina. The fact that the solution is featured or referenced doesn't make it not a deus ex machina if it's a contrivance that solves the heroes problems. Urahara didn't actually do anything on screen; he just showed up and said "here, I fixed it."

You're confusing consistency and plausibility of the solution with whether its a contrived, sudden solution to everyone's problem that nobody had to earn.

Probably because the reveal how he solved it has something that shouldn't be shown for now. But I agree it is deus ex machina.

Probably they met Grimmjow, he told stuff, Urara tested stuff. boom peng

Angry Grimace

Probably because the reveal how he solved it has something that shouldn't be shown for now. But I agree it is deus ex machina.

Probably they met Grimmjow, he told stuff, Urara tested stuff. boom peng

The fact that he could have made it not a deus ex by simply having a page or two of Urahara discovering that Hollows poison Quincies makes it even more egregious.

There simply wasn't any reason to believe this was going to be the solution and the consistency callbacks don't really fix the problem unless the reader's only concern is that nothing directly contradicts something else.

Angry Grimace

I wonder if Iris Zero is ever going to come back. I don't remember anything about the story at this point.

PK Gaming

Naruto:

Looks like Obito is going to succumb to TnJ soon. Oh well, it was a sweet ride.

One Piece:

Fantastic chapter, this is why I enjoy One Piece.

Bleach:

Not bad at all. Nonsensical, but I don't mind I just want to see cool fights. I'm still pining for Oda to show more Bankais, but I seriously doubt it, lol.

Angry Grimace

Naruto:

Looks like Obito is going to succumb to TnJ soon. Oh well, it was a sweet ride.

One Piece:

Fantastic chapter, this is why I enjoy One Piece.

Bleach:

Not bad at all. Nonsensical, but I don't mind I just want to see cool fights. I'm still pining for Oda to show more Bankais, but I seriously doubt it, lol.

So what's Luffy's bankai like, anyways

Naruto 650

I don't want Kakashi monologuing Obito's pitiful excuses.

I want him out there, meeting Minato again, and helping defeat Obito.

Then we can have Madara swooping in and being the true final boss like he's meant to be.

Bleach 552

And there he is!

Mayuri's face when Urahara appeared was priceless.

One Piece 724

Law is such a boss.

He's by far, the best thing that's happened to One Piece ever since the timeskip.

And I know he's going to lose against Doff, but I can't help but cling to the very unlikely chance that he'll pull off a win.

I think people are misinterpreting Grimace. He's not saying that the deus ex machina is INHERENTLY a bad thing, its just that regardless of how well it makes sense or how detail its explained, it's stil, at the end of the day, a deus ex machina.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
No he's just hollowfying the captain's bankais (like Ichigo's already is, which is why they couldn't steal it). It's a pretty clever way to give them the Bankais back, but it still doesn't explain how they were taken in the first place.

Hey, nice catch. I like it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hey, nice catch. I like it.

It could just as easily have been because he's part Quincy, which is what we all originally thought, but I'm giving Kubo the benefit of the doubt. It would have been better if it had happened to one of the hollowfied captains.

Angry Grimace

Supposedly "soon."

Last I remember was some stuff and the guy yelling at the girl and misunderstandings.

I remember a moe blob and a broody guy who didn't have eyepowers but had the power of basic observation

Here is a very simple way to explain Bankai being "stolen" if it ends up true I called it

The medals don't really "steal" bankai, they simply seal it's power and copy it. This would also explain why giving all the captains hollowfication would instantly hurt the Quincy who had stolen/copied Bankai. If the bankai had truly been stolen then simply giving the shinigami hollowfication shouldn't cause pain to the Quincy the way it did.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Here is a very simple way to explain Bankai being "stolen" if it ends up true I called it

The medals don't really "steal" bankai, they simply seal it's power and copy it. This would also explain why giving all the captains hollowfication would instantly hurt the Quincy who had stolen/copied Bankai. If the bankai had truly been stolen then simply giving the shinigami hollowfication shouldn't cause pain to the Quincy the way it did.

I have my doubts that it will ever be explained given that the problem was just solved. If ever there was a time to do it it was in this chapter.

That's not his point. It took a while for Masaki's hollow infection to take effect while Cang Du's was instantaneous. Although it could be that the use of the Bankai accelerated it.

His point is still false. The hollowed shinigami was specifically designed to spread the hollow virus to other shinigami, while the Urahara method is designed to immediately harm the quincies.

I have my doubts that it will ever be explained given that the problem was just solved. If ever there was a time to do it it was in this chapter.

We still need to see a scene of the stolen bankai's being returned to the shinigami, it can probably be explained then.

It also doesn't impact the person who stole Yamato's bankai as he's DED, meaning they'll have to come up with another solution for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom