• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
jM7KtG0.jpg
To this day i still don't understand what's supposed to be in that cup...
Male tsunderes are miracles.

Male tsuderes are a work of fiction, they do not exist in the real world.

Arabesque

I think its semi-important is that Kuromaru's problem with becoming a woman is that she thinks they're weaker fighters, but that's blatantly untrue in Ken's universe.

It's obvious bullshit, but the Shinmeiryuu school of swordsmanship teaches some twisted stuff apparently, going by how the problems the ones we seen have

"Your sister ended up getting married to an outsider. You better devote yourself to the sword and not fall in love too!"

"You have wings like that of an angel ... You inhuman freak! Go die in a fire!"

"Women shouldn't love each other!"

"You have been given an immortal body against your own will. You are a filthy heathen, and you better not be thinking about becoming a weakling women either!"

Obviously, whether Kuromaru decides to be a man or a women in the end, he will need to break free of those teachings. But regardless of him being a man or women, his feelings for Tota are doubtful to change.

rrc1594

Man I have't posted in here in a while. To sum up my last 2 months of manga reading

One Piece
I just want to say Oda is really dragging out if Law is going to die or not. Dude got shot twice and his arm cut off. The new world has had it's moments, but I just not impressed. I don't care if Law dies anymore not emotional invested in him at all. Hopefully Luffy Vs Doflamingo is less then 20 chapters with No interruptions Oda!

FUUKA
200.gif

Bleach
I'm about to drop this manga because I'm Quincy

Nisekoi
Me and Komi have forgotten what the plot is.

MAGI
Can you do something Aladdin can you!

Boku no Hero Academia
Gravity Girl is best girl

Tokyo Ghoul:re
So good.gif

Fairy Tail
Hiro using plot device no way

Domestic na Kanojo
This family is really fucked up in the head

Happiness
Shuzo+Vampires Hell Yeah

To this day i still don't understand what's supposed to be in that cup...

Soup.

One Piece
I just want to say Oda is really dragging out if Law is going to die or not. Dude got shot twice and his arm cut off. The new world has had it's moments, but I just not impressed. I don't care if Law dies anymore not emotional invested in him at all. Hopefully Luffy Vs Doflamingo is less then 20 chapters with No interruptions Oda!

Has any Luffy battle lasted that long? Oda ain't t no Morikawa, thankfully.

TL: God's Beard doesn't know Japanese and doesn't live near Japan Town

My Japanese is so ass but I can slog through a volume of manga. The first comic I ever got was a copy of shonen jump from an asian grocery store when I was a kid and my dad bought me a bunch of reference material so I could try to learn how to read it as a project. That's kind of what got me into the whole scanlation thing, the fact that it was foreign and a sort of puzzle to unlock was more interesting than the quality of the content.

I don't know what a kitsune is supposed to be in this context, though. Some sort of weeaboo faker?

If there's one only thing I want from the OnePunch Man adaptation by Madhouse, it's a perfectly animated Fubuki.

DcLZvSV.jpg

Seeing a animated fubooty can do wonders to a man.😎

Plus her interactions with Saitama is amazing.

If not then fuck this world.

LeleSocho

Banned
If there's one only thing I want from the OnePunch Man adaptation by Madhouse, it's a perfectly animated Fubuki.

DcLZvSV.jpg

Seeing a animated fubooty can do wonders to a man.😎

She's class S in my heart.

dumbyugi

Sweet Magic Syndrome

Read this all in one sitting and all my teeth have rotted away from all the sugary sweetness. Why'd it have to end just as Chocolate joined the club!? So dissapointing. This was a nice light read and I'll be sure to check out CUTEG's other series at some stage in the near future. 8/10

Seeing a animated fubooty can do wonders to a man.��

Rather see Speed o Sound Sonic and Genos and kid emperor animated. Ah and a figure of Speed o Sound Sonic is needed, hopefully the same sculptor that did Rin Matsuoka's.

So I started reading back Baki - The Son of Ogre and I am currently up to the part were Retsu decides to take up boxing for whatever reasons.

One thing I have to say about this series is its downright incredible the lengths the creator goes through to jerk Yujiro off, fuck if Baki wins when they fight at the end that's gonna be the height of bullshit.

Genji the deaths friend 43

Well I like what happened with their unlocking the memory altering potential but I do wish it lasted a bit longer. It was such an intriguing series for its whole run.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
UQ Holder

I'm assuming the bad guy is either evil Setsuna or somehow related to her. We heard she was disguising her real appearance and that she was some kind of demon, but nothing ever was revealed of that.

Its all been translated already. /a/ surprisingly plentiful in translators, but lacking typesetters and editors to make scanlations.

Yes, whats missing is punks firing up photoshop or gimp, editing out the japanese text and replace with english.

edit: saw this on 4chan..

......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAH!
Utter stupidity at its finest.

IS THERE NO HONOR AMONG THIEVES!?

Arabesque

UQ Holder 74

Guess that's his reason now for entering the tournament. And like the 3rd reason for getting to the top of the orbital elevator.

Tota's to do list:

-Have a concert
-Kick Fate's ass
-See what's up with sis

Santa's and Kirië's team up was okay I guess. The idea that Kirië kept on killing herself six times because Tota was depressed though is still pretty awful, no matter how handy her power ended up being.

Guess Negima's ending it really is a total Bad End without Asuna after all, if the whole dead children line is anything to go with. I wonder how Negi died being "satisfied" with all this shit going on

UQ Holder

I'm assuming the bad guy is either evil Setsuna or somehow related to her. We heard she was disguising her real appearance and that she was some kind of demon, but nothing ever was revealed of that.
Alright. I get it. I'll tone it down on the Negima talk.

Digital Manga Sales on Viz Week of March 16
(Note Claymore was/is on sale during this time)

1 Food Wars!, Vol. 5
2 Tokyo Ghoul, Vol. 1
3 Claymore, Vol. 1
4 One-Punch Man, Vol. 2
5 Naruto, Vol. 69
6 One-Punch Man, Vol. 6
7 Assassination Classroom, Vol. 2
8 Seraph of the End, Vol. 4
9 Claymore, Vol. 3
10 Claymore, Vol. 10

Yuusha Gojo Kumiai Kouryuugata Keijiban 00

Setting up the premise!

Yuusha Gojo Kumiai Kouryuugata Keijiban 16

I caused all these miracles but for me it was Tuesday.

1 Food Wars!, Vol. 5
2 Tokyo Ghoul, Vol. 1
3 Claymore, Vol. 1
4 One-Punch Man, Vol. 2
5 Naruto, Vol. 69
6 One-Punch Man, Vol. 6
9 Claymore, Vol. 3
10 Claymore, Vol. 10

release OPM physicals already Viz

1 Food Wars!, Vol. 5
2 Tokyo Ghoul, Vol. 1
3 Claymore, Vol. 1
4 One-Punch Man, Vol. 2
5 Naruto, Vol. 69
6 One-Punch Man, Vol. 6
9 Claymore, Vol. 3
10 Claymore, Vol. 10

I really can't wait to see what the sales are for the physical release of Tokyo Ghoul.

Busaiku

Man, I'm thinking the reason Viz hasn't released One Punch Man physical is cause they're gonna go omnibuses.
It's gonna be awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom