• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I suppose it will depend on how disappointed you will be in learning all the promise of better things to come after the Soul Society ended up being a gigantic waste of time.

The Arrancar arc and the Lost Agent Arc's are pretty bad on that front since they, at multiple times, give you a small sample of what could really be an awesome story ... before switching to fights, fights, fights, fights, fights. Oh and needless plot twists about arrogant wannabe masterminds trying to outsmart a 15 year old.

Akamatsu finally having a Motoko expy be the primary love interest?

Something's fishy.

Its not confirmed at all. Kuromaru is literally genderless at this point.

Lain

Its a totally technical complaint that isn't the rule and completely runs on the meaningless distinction between directly admitting to something and indirectly admitting to something.

1/2 of the thread reads Prison School and doesn't know Japanese, yet the series isn't licensed anywhere. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hey now, we're up to volume 8 in Italy.

Kurita

Its a totally technical complaint that isn't the rule and completely runs on the meaningless distinction between directly admitting to something and indirectly admitting to something.

1/2 of the thread reads Prison School and doesn't know Japanese, yet the series isn't licensed anywhere. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Actually it it licensed in France (3 volumes out) and Italy (8 volumes).
Your point still stands though.

elyetis

Actually it it licensed in France (3 volumes out) and Italy (8 volumes).
Your point still stands though.
I was gonna say that he underestimated France :
1427225406-20150324-202145.jpg

I've been reading Prison School from the Japanese volumes I get at Kinokuniya since I live a 10 minute walk from Japan Town here in SF. So I've been ahead of translations for a while now. I pretty much only follow Prison School and 7 Seeds, so getting the volumes is pretty easy.

Not that that absolves me of anything. I've consumed thousands of volumes of scans in my time, mostly from IRC channels back in the early 2000s.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";157296424]I've been reading Prison School from the Japanese volumes I get at Kinokuniya since I live a 10 minute walk from Japan Town here in SF. So I've been ahead of translations for a while now. I pretty much only follow Prison School and 7 Seeds, so getting the volumes is pretty easy.

Not that that absolves me of anything. I've consumed thousands of volumes of scans in my time, mostly from IRC channels back in the early 2000s.[/QUOTE]

TL: God's Beard doesn't know Japanese and doesn't live near Japan Town

upandaway

Keijo!!!!!!!! 24

I tried to do the ass hurricane, it's way harder than it looks. Almost fell and my butt wasn't even far out enough to do anything.

I can do the little butt tap though.

Y'know how the saying goes, Low Kick is the strongest move in Ubers.

That casual Grimace self reference
So effortless too

Yamada whatever

I'm curious enough to see where the plot goes, but I think trying to actually read this hurts my brain. Will skim from now on.

UQ Holder 73

Tota and Kuromaru confirmed OTP

After that point it literally becomes endless battles between characters you don't care about with very little plot. Of course that's when its popularity exploded...

I need to get caught up in UQ Holder (though Im just five or so behind). I hope Tota-nii and Santa are still relevant since Kuromaru is old hotness.

No Dojima? Alice in 7th? Erina in 2nd place?

I am so disappointed in Soma fans right now.

Food War's got so few votes, Soul Catcher(s) had significantly more, World Trigger as well.

Taku is clearly still relevant and Im happy, hopefully the next time hes right up there with Soma. Prince of Smoke higher, and Kurokiba too.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What the fuck is with Japan's hard-on for Ibusaki.

No joke I want some Karaage Roll.

Arabesque

Well, that poll was conducted early in the series. I think if they did post the Fall Classic the results will be radically different.

And have more voters, wow I forgot how few people voted for that first poll.

Re: World Trigger poll was actually pretty surprising for the number of voters and how many voted for the no. 1 pick. It seems the fandom is much more active in supporting the series when they can, even if it is not the most popular.

Its not confirmed at all. Kuromaru is literally genderless at this point.
Who else is there at this point? Shinbou? She hadn't shown up for 70+ chapters. Kuromaru is the only viable love interest at this point, since the Eva romance is doomed given that by the end of Negima
Yukihime ends up dimension hopping to find a Nagi who was single

As for being genderless ... it doesn't matter? Whether Kuromaru's chooses (or becomes regardless of his wishes) a boy or a girl is both an acceptable conclusion, since he would be reaching the same answer both Motoko and Setsuna had at the end of their character arcs ("I can devote myself to the sword and fall in love as a women!" -Motoko or/and "I'm not a freak!" + "I can love someone who is the same gender as I am" -Setsuna).

Not that I actually expect them to end up together any time soon, even when the tournament rolls around a year later and Kuromaru picks his gender. Akamatsu will always find a way to cheat Motoko and her clones out of their victories in the end.

Always.

Angry Grimace

I need to get caught up in UQ Holder (though Im just five or so behind). I hope Tota-nii and Santa are still relevant since Kuromaru is old hotness.

If you're going to call the character Tota-nii, I'm going to need you to start using honorifics on everyone else in the thread, e.g. Kurita-kun, Grimace-senpai, Zweiser-tan, etc.

Who else is there at this point? Shinbou? She hadn't shown up for 70+ chapters. Kuromaru is the only viable love interest at this point, since the Eva romance is doomed given that by the end of Negima
Yukihime ends up dimension hopping to find a Nagi who was single

As for being genderless ... it doesn't matter? Whether Kuromaru's chooses (or becomes regardless of his wishes) a boy or a girl is both an acceptable conclusion, since he would be reaching the same answer both Motoko and Setsuna had at the end of their character arcs ("I can devote myself to the sword and fall in love as a women!" -Motoko or/and "I'm not a freak!" + "I can love someone who is the same gender as I am" -Setsuna).

Not that I actually expect them to end up together any time soon, even when the tournament rolls around a year later and Kuromaru picks his gender. Akamatsu will always find a way to cheat Motoko and her clones out of their victories in the end.

Always.

I think its semi-important is that Kuromaru's problem with becoming a woman is that she thinks they're weaker fighters, but that's blatantly untrue in Ken's universe.

Why people hate best girls? Irina and Chitoge are up there deservely so.

Both don't have any redeeming qualities, they are your everyday shitty Tsundere. The only reason they are well liked on polls is because of their looks. Which is funny because in terms of looks and personality all the other characters from each series are far superior.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Koi Nashi Ai Nashi 8

Why are all the girls in this manga's universe so good.

Futaba no Totemo Sainan na Hi 0

Mildly cute and funny, as expected.

PK Gaming

Yeah I found this poll around the chapter 50 mark, so it's definitely still early.

Hopefully there's another poll with a bigger pool of voters.

Arabesque

curry guy isn't curry either!
And Dark Soma isn't Soma's evil twin.
Hishoko isn't her name.
Shoukgeki no Soma is a manga built on lies

At least Akira is Indian by birth, even if he is now a Japanese citizen, so it counts?
He's good at acting like one though!
So what your saying is that Shinomiya is popular because he is a power fantasy for Japanese readers wishing they were French?

Zweizer

Banned
So what your saying is that Shinomiya is popular because he is a power fantasy for Japanese readers wishing they were French?

Maybe ~( ´ - ` )~

Sure.

Fake edit : read that as "promise you will kill me"

~( ´ - ` )~

ah. I'm not even a year on mangagaf, so I'm still relatively fresh.
and I don't see GB anywhere but here.

Well, there's that $30 Italian meal that's kind of a meme now...

Shinomiya is popular because japan loves their tsunderes, be boys or girls.

The guy even has his own spin off.

Just embrace the superiority of tsunderes.

Angry Grimace

Shinomiya is popular because japan loves their tsunderes, be boys or girls.

The guy even has his own spin off.

Just embrace the superiority of tsunderes.

his own spin off with tadokoro clones

this shit is gonna get weird soon when he comes back for the original

Sweet Magic Syndrome 36-38 (END)
For one harrowing moment I though the author was going to do something utterly uncalled for as the ending. Then she actually did, by stopping the series right after Chocolate joined the tea club. This means war. Right after my heart surgery.

I'm impressed by how consistently paroxysmally supraventricularly tachycardiac this series was. Cute girls eating cute sweets will be sorely missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom