• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Oyasumi Punpun Chapter 27

Its frightening how I relate to his feelings of love when I was kid, not necessarily killing the person but certainly hurting them and all the other emotions flowing through me about romance. How misinformed and childish I was... Him banging his head against his wall at the end was hilarious. This mangaka is a genius and a sadist.

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 105

94b95160f1.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIos0ya-yss

Tokyo Ghoul:re 16

Kind of disappointing Shinohara survived. How many times does that make now? Shieet.

Tōka looking awesome post-timeskip.

Suzuya is not as much of a deliberate prick. Step up, but I still despise him.

Did you also recently catch up with the manga? I'm in the same boat.

Yup. Didn't know SHK had his own special unit, but it makes sense. We should've seen that coming tbh.

I mean Shinohara is basically in a vegetable state, that's pretty much worse than death.

Azure J

Certain parts of Punpun hit me pretty hard for that reason too. There was one point later on that hit me right in something I thought I'd left behind and I just cried and cried.

Didn't have quite the same reaction but
the scene when Punpun leaves Aiko on the corner when driving off?
That shit had me leave and go for a walk. :lol

Edit: I'm still scared Sakuranbo Syndrome is going to have a Kono S wo mi yo ending. Same author after all. At the same time, I love the main trio so much in SS.

Usobuko

Banned
Any thoughts on Cage of Eden?

If you like High School Children > Prehistoric Creatures.

Just a repeat: is Area D worth reading? Art looks great, concept looks sound, but the last manga like I read was Tokyo ESP and that turned to shit.

The artist for Area D is one of the best that hailed from Korea. I read like 30 or so chapters of this manga, I think other than the art itself, it's a fairly common shounen story that has no other stand-out elements.

By the way, that means I think it is worth reading.

Still cant get over the crude bird drawing thing.

it just breaks the world completely for me

I love it. It took advantage of manga's visual storytelling.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I've never thought it was good, although the first part is definitely better than the 2nd.
By "good" I don't mean like "I can't wait for this to update", I mean "huh, this is sort of interesting". So more like okay, but I didn't think it was terrible.

I guess I only read the first part, last thing I remember is
the dude getting transported to a deserted island for some reason I can't remember, and shit going down.

Anime made it seem like such a bland and boring series
I haven't seen the anime, but I thought the character designs were pretty neat. I liked the powers in it.

Attack on Titan 66

Typical.
Of course Historia would do this. Her reasoning really makes no sense though. I assume it's actually because she doesn't want to lose Ymir.

What was that thing Eren ate? He said it was armor but it looked like some liquid container.

Baki Dou 30-42

Just like Ali Jr, the Baki regulars going through the rounds of jobbing to show off how strong the new character is.

and the most fucked up part is we didn't see the Usain Bolt fight

Defuser

Tokyo Ghoul : RE ch16
It got to be Hide Touka is visting at the hospital.

No ghoul can stay in the hospital because they can be found out, Touka doesn't have human friends that we know of except for her classmate and Hide.

The hospital houses CCG personal and Hide is part of CCG.

Usobuko

Banned
The interview with Inio Asano about Punpun that Usobuko linked is pretty interesting, especially the author's perspective about the events of the manga (spoilers, obviously), and the circumstances surrounding its creation.

The translator mentioned Kengo Hanazawa in the comments, which made me think how incredible a collaboration between the two would be.

I think they probably enjoy a friendly rivalry. They both have a distinctive artstyle and specialize in sol manga that touches upon the drama in life, anxiety and escapism.

Shingeki no Kyojin 66

Eren is a unstable wuss

crazy at times but a wuss at heart

also that whole "God" thing felt silly and rushed.... like how many series played that card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom