• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quixzlizx

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou 19-20

I'm so fucking salty just from reading these chapters. What a bitch.

6BOKIEV.png

Luckily, these heroes saved the day... I, I think I have something in my eye....

Rengoku ni Warau 09-11

I'm enjoying that we're getting the Sengoku generals all in here now, cause it's always better to have recognizable faces.

It's nice to see the twins show off their skills here and that the different factions might be as they seem. And as usual, the art's amazing.

Usobuko

Banned
just wish she would have better art to complement her good writing, so empty and lifeless even more than your average josei

Lol, yeah. Sometimes I got confused who's the one talking since her characters facial expressions are basically copy and paste.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
And yet I am entertained. I so wonder if she can manage the breakup without getting caught. I guess not because that way leads to no drama.

I'm still flabbergasted he's so blind. She's not even wearing glasses.

Is that the shoujo manga? Apparently
it's somewhat implied that he knew it was her from the start or something. It would kind of explain the title.
I dunno, I haven't really read it because the whole concept grosses me out.

I mean, even though they're not blood related (ugh what a cop-out), it still feels wrong for me, because it seems like the MC falls for the guy for no other reason than he's smoking hot--very superficial stuff.

I mean, I guess it's not *that* bad when they're just holding hands and crap but then they started kissing and making out and 2nd/3rd base and shit and urghhhhhh......... it's just wrong.

And yes, I find it extremely hard to believe that the dude doesn't recognize her, although if what thesaucetastic said is true then I guess that'd explain it. Don't know whether I will be able to follow it through the end though since the sense of wrongness is so pervasive in my mind towards it.

Rhapsody

Banned
What happened in chapter 50 of Punpun again? Been liking these reactions from Bakedyams though lol
Seeing these reactions are making me feel scared to even read this series.

Is it really a manga that mindfucks you this much?

It's a real work of art on the set up and how things betray your expectations. It's so good.

Quasar

I mean, even though they're not blood related (ugh what a cop-out), it still feels wrong for me, because it seems like the MC falls for the guy for no other reason than he's smoking hot--very superficial stuff.

I mean, I guess it's not *that* bad when they're just holding hands and crap but then they started kissing and making out and 2nd/3rd base and shit and urghhhhhh......... it's just wrong.

And yes, I find it extremely hard to believe that the dude doesn't recognize her, although if what thesaucetastic said is true then I guess that'd explain it. Don't know whether I will be able to follow it through the end though since the sense of wrongness is so pervasive in my mind towards it.

I never got the impression he knew. But then I don't remember them making out so what do I know.

Azure J

Ohhh, yeah. You could really see how horrified/confused Punpun was.

That was one of two big moments in the series where I thought that Punpun's luck regarding having figures in his life that don't screw him over in a (figurative) half second was REALLY bad.

That said Asano did a really good job playing this straight. I actually get really uncomfortable re-reading that portion of the manga.

survivor

Banned
Noramimi vol 1
Good episodic first volume about the world of mascots and the shit they deal with. Initially thought it was a dumb idea, but it's able to explore and tell stories about farewells, and growing up effectively with the mascots concept.

Mothman91

Punpun finish

11/10, masterpiece. Going to make all my friends read this.
Quick question
did it imply Sachi and punpun got together?

360pages

Fuck, now I'm reading PunPun...chapter 43, it's really good...though I'm still questioning the reason why everyone in his family is bird people. I don't think it takes away anything from the story...but it doesn't really add anything.

Soma

Kiiiiiinda splurged a little this weekend.

(top row of manga i got for my friend)

(haven't read any of the other ones yet except for Shokugeki)

(...i only got Shokugeki for Megumi on the cover)

Any recommendations for some finished romance manga? Something relatively short would be nice but I dont mind reading something long if its good.

Rhapsody

Banned
Fuck, now I'm reading PunPun...chapter 43, it's really good...though I'm still questioning the reason why everyone in his family is bird people. I don't think it takes away anything from the story...but it doesn't really add anything.

It'll add something and make use of it. Not something everyone will appreciate, but you'll see it.

Catching up on Aunt Tits right now because why not.

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom 419

Nothing tends to happen all that muchn on a chapter by chapter basis so it's nice to see when that isn't the case. dude just got fucking annihilated

Gunka no Balzer 28

Mad respect for eye patch now if he really does bring on a full blown proletarian revolution.

boku girl 39

completely pointless

shit no titans 66

zzzz what a garbage cop out

Jarmel

Banned
Blood Blockade Battlefront 1-3

So I decided to burn through the initial chapters to see what the manga was like, in order to have an idea about the upcoming anime.

First thing's first, the character designs are ugly as fuck. Thank fuck Kawamori is working on the anime. The art as a whole is somewhat bad. That said, I do like the urban feel to it, and so it should look pretty nice with BONES production values.

The characters were pretty tolerable so far. The group does have a fun bit of chemistry even if nothing is particularly unique.

I am curious though about Jerusalem's Lot. So is the barrier one-way? Like can people go in but can't come out? Do communications go in? Leon is supposedly sending letters to his sister but how is that possible unless people can come out?

360pages

Punpun being decimated in Chapter 64 is both the most funny and sad thing ever. Fool doesn't he read enough Manga? Never ask a girl out directly, you have to go through a series of complicated actions and situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom