• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

There's only one right vote.
d0Qt0k6.png
Meat vote is also accepted.
How in the world is Bleach the only ever (I think) series to get a full color chapter in the magazine?

Not much background to color.

YOKO series should be interesting. Though I'm not sure his writing style will make it easy for him to survive in Jump. At least if this one survives, I doubt it'll have a name that'll make it hard to recommend for fear of misunderstandings lol

Man they made Akashi so OP in Kuroko that they had to make some other kind of bullshit reason as to why Kuroko could beat him.

Literally wrote into a corner.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Voting for Megumi!
Oh, you get smartphone wallpaper and can read couple of early Soma chapter on shonenjump+ after voting. Neat.

Recently bought Green Blood vol.2, Assassin classroom vol.1, HxH vol.18, and House of the sun vol.8

Revo

Gunka no Balzer Side Story 1

Wonder whats in those containers
Cool to see how he's going to get to where he is now, though.

Kurita

How in the world is Bleach the only ever (I think) series to get a full color chapter in the magazine?
It's not the first ever. I remember Slam Dunk having one, as well as some older series.
I think Eyeshield 21 also got one (the one that started the Christmas Bowl arc).

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Sengoku Youko 68
Douren, the epitome of manliness.

Real Account 2 13

I admit i'll probably be the first one to died in this kind of game...

Relife 27-28
Getting old really sucks. ;_;

Re:zero 10

Now that is what i call an overkill

wonzo

Banned
I have not but I should! Been a fan of hers since Emma, but god damn did Otoyomegatari ever shoot her into the stratosphere. (Random aside: unlike many of my other favorite artists in the manga field, I would not ever be worried about showing any of her work to a normal person. Hello there, Hiroaki Samura!)
a real shame most peeps cant appreciate the brilliance of samura ;-;

upandaway

Keijo

Miyata hearing Nozomi's motivations
MEforaq.png

Nozomi hearing Miyata's
PZ48HG1.png

hahaha

Hey there mangaGAF, I'm new here, would like to vent my weekly frustrations in here. :D

And a quick and totally inacurrate Top-5 to introduce myself:

• One Piece (because it started my love for manga/anime over a decade ago and still makes me go fanboy every week)
  • Hoshi No Samidare (for having such an awesome cast and being all around badass)
  • Welcome To The NHK (because friendship conquers all. and love)
  • Solanin (simple and heartwarming)
  • 20 Seiki Shonen (gutalala sudalala)
Good on you for the top 5, welcome man. I should read Biscuit Hammer sometime, always wanted to

Some of next week jump toc, new series included

Shounen Jump Issue 21:
Nisekoi (Cover, Lead CP)
?????
?????
?????
?????
Black Clover
?????
?????
World Trigger
Hinomaru Zumou
?????
?????
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
Ultra Battle Satellite
Gakkyuu Houtei
One Shot
Kaizou Ningen Roggy
Takujou no Ageha
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 22/23:
Cover, Lead CP: One Piece:
CP: Black Clover, Naruto Gaiden -Nanadaime Hokake to Akairo no Hanatsu Tsuki- (Mini-Series), One Shot

Shounen Jump Issue 24:
New Series by Yokota Takuma

Shounen Jump Issue 25:
New Series by Ogino Ken

Shounen Jump Issue 26:
New Series: Devilyman (Winner of 9th Golden Future Cup)

Happy for Black Clover and World Trigger. Them and SnS are my favorite series right now.

EDIT: Now that I think about it Yokota Takuma is probably the guy from Molester Man and ilustrator of Onani Master Kurosawa! He's also responsible for Koganeiro a few years ago.
Now I'm pumped!

EDIT2: Also thanks to Kaizou 10 on WSJ LJ.

Cant wait for the BLack Clover anime, its going to be so good. At this rate its going to be more popular than World Trigger.

Yuno and Asta better be on the color page, please.

Nordicus

Torikissa! 0-3

This is pretty high on the HNNNNNGometer.

2 avian sisters running a cafe in a treehouse when they barely know what a cafe is. Suzu swings between mildly annoying and absolutely adorable, and Rin? Hirokazu, bruh, start making moves. If you're not a leg man, it's all gewd

dramatis

Hey there mangaGAF, I'm new here, would like to vent my weekly frustrations in here. :D

And a quick and totally inacurrate Top-5 to introduce myself:

• One Piece (because it started my love for manga/anime over a decade ago and still makes me go fanboy every week)
  • Hoshi No Samidare (for having such an awesome cast and being all around badass)
  • Welcome To The NHK (because friendship conquers all. and love)
  • Solanin (simple and heartwarming)
  • 20 Seiki Shonen (gutalala sudalala)
Welcome. upandaway is drowning in calculus and kasane is off doing god knows what, so nobody's here to do a nagging welcome I suppose.

In any case if you want short fluff material, read what dakkumauji reads. If you want to Russian Roulette the safety of what you read, read what wonzo reads. If you don't mind some boys love, you read what Dedication Through Light reads. If you want to read NSFW you read what Lain reads. If you want to read good stuff you'll read what survivor reads.

What's that? The rest of them? They're Seo Kouji fans. You don't want to trust them.

bobohoro

One piece and hoshi no samidare are in my top 5 as well. High 5

:high5:

I'm so glad that Hoshi No Samidare finally got picked up by Seven Seas. Should be completely released by the end of the year.

Good on you for the top 5, welcome man. I should read Biscuit Hammer sometime, always wanted to

Thanks, and you really should!
And my Top-5 changes every time I remember another favourite series I read several years ago. Totally forgot Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou for example.

What's that? The rest of them? They're Seo Kouji fans. You don't want to trust them.

So we can have an actual discussion about Suzuka in here?
Great!

I'm scared.

Sekaiichi Hatsukoi v1
Finally could read it since it arrived. Second best suBLime pick up for them. It was always my favorite BL anime and to see what happens in all the scenes the anime skipped or kind of made the camera go away to other parts of the room was nice. Love Onodera alot. He has great personality and I love how he wants to set out to make a name for himself and not just ride on his father names and his jaded personality is pretty hilarious.

Really wordy but great and funny. Cant wait for more volumes to come.

dani_dc

Prison School 173

The imagery was great, though I had trouble understand who was saying what in a few panels.

Hana clueless might have just went up to new levels.

I don't believe Chairman is actually dead, he's not the type to just go and die like that.

But what a cliffhanger to end at.

Usobuko

Banned
Welcome bobohoro.

We can be good friends if you read Punpun, Kokou no Hito, Boys on the Run, Himizu in a very short amount of time.

Assuming you haven't yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom