• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys don't vote for alice vote for hisako she's better

I'm going to vote for Alice just because you said that

People who vote for the Main characters in popularity polls probably like Vanilla ice cream the best

Soma is a cool name.

It's the name of the main character in a story I'm writing.

And I like chocolate.

Prison School 173

2dd.jpg

Prison School 174

Lol Joe is in it to win it geez

Chiyo needs to leave now tho

but worst of all...CHAIRMAN-DONO NO!

Stulaw

How to vote on that thing btw? I wanted to vote for her too.

Go to the link in DTL's post, click on a picture of the character you're voting for, you can scroll though characters left an right, and either post it on Twitter or use your e-mail.

Edit:

Prison School 173

Medusa is irresistable, I hope the chairman is OK.

kasane

Is Beck and Nana worth reading?

Though actually I started thinking about OPM again and now I'm reading the One version

yep and yep

nana is on eternal hiatus land tho

as for beck totally a yes. Still struggling to find anything like it if there is even anything like it

Viz Top 10 Selling Digital Manga's for the Week of April 6th

(Note Toriko is currently having a bundle sale)

1.Assassination Classroom, Vol. 3
2.One Piece, Vol. 74
3.World Trigger, Vol. 5
4.Dengeki Daisy, Vol. 16
5.Toriko, Vol. 27
6.My Love Story!!, Vol. 4
7.Library Wars!, Vol. 13
8.Skip Beat!, Vol. 34
9.Toriko, Vol.1
10.Toriko, Vol. 6

Numb

Forgot to stop lurking. Sup MangaGAF.

Fukushuu Kyoushitsu chapter 7

Girl is on fire. I wonder how far she will actually go for her revenges.

Baki Dou 33

Baki finally realizes who the hell it was he was messing with. The arc to finally slay everyones boredom starts.

Toriko 319

Poop flying Nimbus. Toriko is so weird sometimes.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

2.One Piece, Vol. 74
3.World Trigger, Vol. 5
4.Dengeki Daisy, Vol. 16
5.Toriko, Vol. 27
7.Library Wars!, Vol. 13
8.Skip Beat!, Vol. 34
9.Toriko, Vol.1
10.Toriko, Vol. 6

One Piece still gets outsold by AssClass...
.. Maybe when the series ends, people will realize it was brilliant after years of ignoring it.
... *sighs*

Also, the awful feeling of knowing that there are a lot of people that think Fairy Tail is by Oda. I've ran into them... it hurts.

360pages

One Piece still gets outsold by AssClass...
.. Maybe when the series ends, people will realize it was brilliant after years of ignoring it.
... *sighs*

Also, the awful feeling of knowing that there are a lot of people that think Fairy Tail is by Oda. I've ran into them... it hurts.

To be fair, the only place that One Piece doesn't do super well is in the states. Kind of like how fighters like Blazblue and Guilty Gear do better in Japan, KOF does better in places like Mexico and stuff.

Probably just different areas having different tastes. That and the 4kids dub killed some of the momentum.

2.One Piece, Vol. 74
3.World Trigger, Vol. 5
4.Dengeki Daisy, Vol. 16
5.Toriko, Vol. 27
7.Library Wars!, Vol. 13
8.Skip Beat!, Vol. 34
9.Toriko, Vol.1
10.Toriko, Vol. 6

Makes me pretty happy seeing World Trigger that high.

i still can't read prison school 173 ;-;

anyway i voted for Soma

it wasn't much!

Hisako is my runner up. she's the real best girl.

I'm only about halfway through Soma right now though. I'll probably post some thoughts when I catch up.

You undoubtedly have great taste. Hisako is truly best girl far superior to Erina.

I definitely voted for Hisako.

When you have brilliant looks and a amazing personality you are destined to be great. All she had to do was open herself up and and try to believe in her ability and not be too over reliant on Erina.

Kingdom 100-150

Bird of Qin stays winning. No idea whatsoever why they bother drawing reins on his horse.

Will probably die soon, but hey.

So sad to see quadruple-chin-guy get rekt. Also could do without all the chi crap >___>

Lain

I went through some of my Amazon orders and noticed some manga volumes that have been released for a while (A Town Where You Live 18, Rosario+Vampire Second Season 11, Noragami 4, Historie 4, Amanchu 5 etc... etc...) still appearing as not yet released and thus not shipped.
It is sorta funny because Amazon has shipped my way the next volumes for some of those, so I sit here with Historie 5, A Town 19, Rosario 2 12 in my hands but I'd have to wait January 2030 for the previous volumes to release, if I want them from Amazon.
The final kick is that they still don't have Food Wars! 4 purchasable from when they cancelled my preorder and I'll end up with blue balls when/if they decide to ship volume 5 my way.

bigkrev

I went through some of my Amazon orders and noticed some manga volumes that have been released for a while (A Town Where You Live 18, Rosario+Vampire Second Season 11, Noragami 4, Historie 4, Amanchu 5 etc... etc...) still appearing as not yet released and thus not shipped.
It is sorta funny because Amazon has shipped my way the next volumes for some of those, so I sit here with Historie 5, A Town 19, Rosario 2 12 in my hands but I'd have to wait January 2030 for the previous volumes to release, if I want them from Amazon.
The final kick is that they still don't have Food Wars! 4 purchasable from when they cancelled my preorder and I'll end up with blue balls when/if they decide to ship volume 5 my way.
With the amount of stuff you buy, shouldn't publishers just sell directly to you?

"I'm going to want 1 of everything you put out this year, send me a bill in December?"

Jintor

I should've thought of this earlier, but I realised the real reason Saitama is bald in OPM is twofold:

a) It's a subversion of standard shonen hair
b) It's ridiculously easy to draw him and make him expressive in both REAL and Half-Assed mode

You undoubtedly have great taste. Hisako is truly best girl far superior to Erina.

I definitely voted for Hisako.

When you have brilliant looks and a amazing personality you are destined to be great. All she had to do was open herself up and and try to believe in her ability and not be too over reliant on Erina.

image.php

Dresden

I should've thought of this earlier, but I realised the real reason Saitama is bald in OPM is twofold:

a) It's a subversion of standard shonen hair
b) It's ridiculously easy to draw him and make him expressive in both REAL and Half-Assed mode

c) inevitable SSJ hair gag in chapter 500

Mei Company 01

DSl53zPl.jpg

Magical girls after saving the world end up being NEETs cause magical girl abilities aren't that useful in the real world. So they start a cleaning company.

balgajo

Some of next week jump toc, new series included

Shounen Jump Issue 21:
Nisekoi (Cover, Lead CP)
?????
?????
?????
?????
Black Clover
?????
?????
World Trigger
Hinomaru Zumou
?????
?????
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
Ultra Battle Satellite
Gakkyuu Houtei
One Shot
Kaizou Ningen Roggy
Takujou no Ageha
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 22/23:
Cover, Lead CP: One Piece:
CP: Black Clover, Naruto Gaiden -Nanadaime Hokake to Akairo no Hanatsu Tsuki- (Mini-Series), One Shot

Shounen Jump Issue 24:
New Series by Yokota Takuma

Shounen Jump Issue 25:
New Series by Ogino Ken

Shounen Jump Issue 26:
New Series: Devilyman (Winner of 9th Golden Future Cup)

Happy for Black Clover and World Trigger. Them and SnS are my favorite series right now.

EDIT: Now that I think about it Yokota Takuma is probably the guy from Molester Man and ilustrator of Onani Master Kurosawa! He's also responsible for Koganeiro a few years ago.
Now I'm pumped!

EDIT2: Also thanks to Kaizou 10 on WSJ LJ.

So Roggy and UBS will get the axe unless they pull a Sket Dance (aka debuted in last place, stayed in the bottom 3 for the next 6 weeks yet survived and gained traction) while BC and Kagami will at least stay around for a little while longer (Since neither of them are lighting up the rankings).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Devilyman? That won't cause confusion at all.

*looks up Yokota Takuma* Oooooooooh. That's going to be an interesting series.

So Roggy and UBS will get the axe unless they pull a Sket Dance (aka debuted in last place, stayed in the bottom 3 for the next 6 weeks yet survived and gained traction) while BC and Kagami will at least stay around for a little while longer (Since neither of them are lighting up the rankings).

Huh, didn't know about that for Sket Dance.

Times must have been different then, no way a series like that time would survive like that. Unless the mangaka blackmailed someone, lol

balgajo

Times must have been different then, no way a series like that time would survive like that. Unless the mangaka blackmailed someone, lol

If I'm not mistaken Bleach also met a terrible fate on it's first TOCs. But I don't really know if it was that bad.

Eh not really that different, it debuted in 2007 which had 12 series ended that year, last year we had 12 ended. Really the only difference I see is that mangas back then were given a little more time to survive unless they absolutely bombed, today you only get 4-6 rankings before your cut.

If I'm not mistaken Bleach also met a terrible fate on it's first TOCs. But I don't really know if it was that bad.
Nope, Bleach debuted in 3rd place and stayed in the middle/upper part of the rankings during it's early chapters.

balgajo

Eh not really that different, it debuted in 2007 which had 12 series ended that year, last year we had 12 ended. Really the only difference I see is that mangas back then were given a little more time to survive unless they absolutely bombed, today you only get 4-6 rankings before your cut.

Nope, Bleach debuted in 3rd place and stayed in the middle/upper part of the rankings during it's early chapters.

Really? There was a legend in forums that Bleach had a rough time to survive on Jump during it's first arc. But tbh I never saw the data to back this affirmation. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom