• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Tokyo Ghoul re: 25
it'shappening.gif

Now fuck off Sasaki and give me back my psycho Kaneki.

Pineapple-kun seems way too overpowered so far.

Zweizer

Banned
AKB49 ch179

"The Final Catharsis"

Aww yeah. Minori so good.

Majo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane ch41

Poor Mikan. Such an innocent kid.

AKB49 ch179
Wow. How did they pull that off, I will never know.

Re:Zero 10
gCEeo.gif

Tokyo Ghoul:re 25
Come on. Give us the goods already.

Jintor

One Punch Man (ONE) 1-100

Well now I'm up to date on the One version as well so my life has lost all meaning

Can't wait for the seven or eight years it'll take for Murata to finish this arc too!

balgajo

World Trigger - 86-99

I stopped reading World Trigger for a while for the sake of having a lot of chapter to read sequentially. Totally worth it, the battles are incredible.

Mayoke no Darling 2
CCkjDzWWAAEC3Fv.png

Finally after 400 days more content. Tougo and Haruka are such great friends. I hope they become a couple. Tougo clearly loves him and such and asked him out but wow Haruka said no at first. I hope its just a misunderstanding or something, or maybe he can develop feelings. He did reach and hold his hand twice so far. Really lovely moments for these two friends.

Online The Comic 33

I want to read the source. This is really good in a virtual game type of series. The detail to the attacks, items, strategy, and mystery is pretty good. Mai isnt even that bad of a lead either, and the ones around her great. Also love Amelie too, shes funny.

Im guessing when people die in game they become like Amelie. Perhaps she will get her memories back by the time this series is over.

The Gamer 51 - 53

I love his training moments much better than the date.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Is Beck and Nana worth reading?

Though actually I started thinking about OPM again and now I'm reading the One version

Beck is glorious. Straight up good. I didn't like Nana cause of how shoujo-esque the drawing were, not really my thing but with my taste expanding as of recent, I'll give it another go.

Furyous

The New Gate 6

So the MC has to go get the sword at some point and run into the princess. Everyone was shocked after he started talking about the battle.

Kubera 232

She used Hoti Visnu 1,000 times??? We about to learn how Asha got her powers in the next chapter.

My Love Tiger 28

I should drop this but it might end in six chapters. At least let her look a high schooler. LOL at chapter 27's main takeaway.

Rainy

Banned
Girls of the Wild's 159-184
Finally caught up. I freaking knew that
the pictures of Queen weren't going to be that bad...at least we got some good fights out of it. I think this fight might be the catalyst for DalDal to move on from Jaegu...hopefully. And I hope he just confesses to Queen after all this is over.
I want moreeee, well at least this is a weekly release.

Real Account pt 1
Finally could get through the first series and now move on to the second part. Would One piece fans really RT him lol.

Loved this and that shocking reveal. I was almost going to think that the person he murdered would have been the leader of this game but it wasnt. Still wonder what the brother role will be in this and if he can save the day. I wish the outside didnt have the server kill time going on, but the person in control of all of this ought to be able to make a kill button not work. Hopefully.

This needs an anime.

bobohoro

Hey there mangaGAF, I'm new here, would like to vent my weekly frustrations in here. :D

And a quick and totally inacurrate Top-5 to introduce myself:

• One Piece (because it started my love for manga/anime over a decade ago and still makes me go fanboy every week)
  • Hoshi No Samidare (for having such an awesome cast and being all around badass)
  • Welcome To The NHK (because friendship conquers all. and love)
  • Solanin (simple and heartwarming)
  • 20 Seiki Shonen (gutalala sudalala)

And now for the present:

Sankarea 56 [end]

I didn't care much for the manga after the plot got convulted somewhere around the introduction of Darin and all that research stuff. I liked the initial slice-of-life setting and simple romance with a twist. While the manga had its moments, it was nowhere near well paced and captivating. And then came chapter 55 where the calm scenery leading up to the bleak reveal even managed to surprise me and made me gasp inaudible. Even if the whole amnesia dumbness lessened the impact a bit, that was still a well pulled off moment. Not for shock, not illogical, but a consequential result of the story setup and an agreeable finale for the story.

And then chapter 56 ruined it. I mean, it was obvious, the somewhat happy ending was kinda a given, but still it frustrates me to no end. It wasn't quite as bad as the added scenes of MGS4, since that's a story I actually cared for somewhat, but Sankarea still left me feeling empty as any cop out ending has every done.

i still can't read prison school 173 ;-;

anyway i voted for Soma

it wasn't much!

Hisako is my runner up. she's the real best girl.

I'm only about halfway through Soma right now though. I'll probably post some thoughts when I catch up.

Sai

The Breaker: New Waves

Part 2 about to end with Chapter 200; 199 this week, and 200 the week after next. Author(s) takin' a break from The Breaker for a number of months, may start a new serialization in webtoon format in the meantime.

Lain

Sucks about the break but it is what it is. Hopefully the end to part 2 will be good enough to make the wait for part 3 worthwhile.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
The Breaker: New Waves

Part 2 about to end with Chapter 200; 199 this week, and 200 the week after next. Author(s) takin' a break from The Breaker for a number of months, may start a new serialization in webtoon format in the meantime.

Great, time to lose even more of the original vision of the manwha/webtoon. When will it return to the old days where it felt fresh and good?

Hey there mangaGAF, I'm new here, would like to vent my weekly frustrations in here. :D

And a quick and totally inacurrate Top-5 to introduce myself:

• One Piece (because it started my love for manga/anime over a decade ago and still makes me go fanboy every week
  • Hoshi No Samidare (for having such an awesome cast and being all around badass)
  • Welcome To The NHK (because friendship conquers all. and love)
  • Solanin (simple and heartwarming)
  • 20 Seiki Shonen (gutalala sudalala)

And now for the present:

Sankarea 56 [end]

I didn't care much for the manga after the plot got convulted somewhere around the introduction of Darin and all that research stuff. I liked the initial slice-of-life setting and simple romance with a twist. While the manga had its moments, it was nowhere near well paced and captivating. And then came chapter 55 where the calm scenery leading up to the bleak reveal even managed to surprise me and made me gasp inaudible. Even if the whole amnesia dumbness lessened the impact a bit, that was still a well pulled off moment. Not for shock, not illogical, but a consequential result of the story setup and an agreeable finale for the story.

And then chapter 56 ruined it. I mean, it was obvious, the somewhat happy ending was kinda a given, but still it frustrates me to no end. It wasn't quite as bad as the added scenes of MGS4, since that's a story I actually cared for somewhat, but Sankarea still left me feeling empty as any cop out ending has every done.
One piece and hoshi no samidare are in my top 5 as well. High 5

Zweizer

Banned
Akuma no Riddle ch32

What a short chapter.

Anyways, she's holding up better than I'd have thought. I totally expect Tokaku to save her at the last mnute though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom