• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

Tokyo Ghoul Re 26

Can't wait for Urie's obsession with status upgrading gets dealt with so every chapter doesn't have to have Urie saying it each chapter.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma 115

Shinomiya-senpai is so tsundere. I wonder how he manages to taste his own food if something too low-quality to be on his menu gives him a foodgasm.

He might not have been entirely on the up-and-up when he said "low-quality." He's too tsundere to say directly "this is good enough to be on the menu but here's how I would change it to be even better."

Lain

…

no5suicide.png

I don't understand

Arabesque

Shokugeki no Soma 115

Another restaurant? lol at this rate he will just waste his whole first year in other places that aren't in his actual school

That is impossible. Soma already spent more time at Totsuki than he did out of it for his first year. And considering its like a month away till they graduate to second year, there isn't any time left either for him to spend out of school.

Continuing Stagiaire Week for the remainder of the month makes sense I suppose, given that this is meant to be a smaller arc after the really long tournament. 20 to 25 chapters is what I imagine would cover whole Stagiaire arc, giving it around 2 volumes of content and a good re-introduction into the series and the characters which were ignored or not focused on much during the Classic/tournament.

Still, Shiomi should've at least clarified that it is actually "spending a week in various locations and restaurants" , becuase the name implied "lasting for the duration of one week only".

Quixzlizx

He might not have been entirely on the up-and-up when he said "low-quality." He's too tsundere to say directly "this is good enough to be on the menu but here's how I would change it to be even better."

That's what I was trying to imply. It's sad that he has a better tsundere curve than most manga love interests do.

Rhapsody

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 115

And that wraps up this section. Really enjoyed it. Got to see old characters and see Soma's relationship among them get stronger.

dani_dc

Jitsu wa Watashi Wa 77

I didn't think we'd actually meet the Charismatic pervert, though we'll likely never see her face.

The perverted censoring just at the right time making it more perverted was hilarious though.

This is something that most people at MizuryuLand could learn from though (somewhat NSFW).

Oh nice, Dani_dc deliver! Glad you have fun at least. And boy that line....This is definitely the case where the EO underestimate the number of audience that come.

That was the entire point of me going after all!

And yes, the line was ridiculous, I accidentally went to the "no ticket" line since there was no type of signals noting that there were two different lines, thankfully only stayed there 5 minutes since one of the staff members came around asking who had a ticket. Wasn't until later that they figure to have some staffer holding a paper saying there was two lines.

Thanks for the report and pictures dani. Too bad about most activities being pay for, the overcrowding and not having been able to meet Mizuryu Kei. But at least it was a new experience~

Thank you for making it happen! The report and pictures were just another element of fun to me!

So... are you depressed because it's a bad Anne Frank manga or because it's a really good Anne Frank manga?

I'm guessing the former.

360pages

Or maybe the fact they probably shouldn't make an Anne Frank Manga at all. Every time I see a play or a movie based on it, things get kind of weird. It's just one of those things that is best not to make a media about. At least not a Movie or something of that nature since we have a diary of those events.

It's one of those things that I think no media would do it justice.

Do You Like Big Girls? Ch. 16
Oh my, some quality bonding time for the brother and sister~

I honestly thought this manga would've exhausted every fetish imaginable before we saw these two's relationship strengthen.

Zweizer

Banned

What.

Why.

Or maybe the fact they probably shouldn't make an Anne Frank Manga at all. Every time I see a play or a movie based on it, things get kind of weird. It's just one of those things that is best not to make a media about. At least not a Movie or something of that nature since we have a diary of those events.

It's one of those things that I think no media would do it justice.

I remember watching an Anne Frank movie back in primary school that I think was pretty good. Then again I was in primary school so maybe I didn't know any better.

bobohoro

So this Soma thing you're all talking about is worth catching up?

Nana To Kaoru 129

Damnit Kaoru! I know frustrations can get the better of a man, but this is just weaksauce after he made some real progress before.
But all is forgiven if the tanned cousin gets involved somehow.

Zweizer

Banned
Nana to Kaoru ch129

Ah, family. It can push you forward as much as it can tie you down.

C'mon, Kaoru. What are you doing.

Do You Like Big Girls? ch16

It sure took a while.

Gamma ch7

Meh, it really isn't doing anything interesting.

Dropped.

Shokugeki no Soma 115

Wait, there's ANOTHER restaurant he has to go to?

I'm not even sure what he learned other than "I can make my Japanese food sort of French if I decide to do that." Unless his specialty is being an Asian Fusion chef, in which case, just ugh.

Soma 115

Another restaurant?
So how long until he gets paired up with Erina

The arc's over. The another restaurant thing is basically just there for Shinomiya to give his tsun-tsun dere-dere comment on Souma.

It's safe to assume that Souma will basically steamroll through the rest of his assignments. And the new arc begins sometime after that.

Accel World LN 3

Excellent read of the Incarnate Engine. I always loved that part of Accel World. The possibilities are endless with it, so I hope to see where it goes after we get through the content the anime covered. This is on Nomi so probably v4 is where the anime stopped. Cant wait for v5 later this year.

Arabesque

The arc's over. The another restaurant thing is basically just there for Shinomiya to give his tsun-tsun dere-dere comment on Souma.

It's safe to assume that Souma will basically steamroll through the rest of his assignments. And the new arc begins sometime after that.

Given how it should be the end of year, what do you think it'll be?

Final exam arc? Winter tournament? Selection of new Elite 10 members?

Sangokushi v13

HARDCORE AS FUCK

You know, I'm constantly reminded why Cao Cao had managed to become so powerful. He always got the most metal subordinates in all of China.

Still, the story about Liu Bei's travels and how the people are helping him along the way anonymously honestly is the best bit from that volume IMO.

PK Gaming

Yuri Danshi 1-2

So finally got around to reading this...

4030048-8501923744-DeanW.gif

Hanadera Keisuke is obsessed with yuri, and he's read all the Yuri Hime manga. However, he is sadly aware that there is one thing a lesbian romance absolutely does not need-- him. One day, a student named Akane transferred to his class from an all-girls school. She used to go to school with another classmate, Saori, and Akane immediately tried to pick up their friendship. However, her clinginess, desire for alone-time, and intensity all convinced Keisuke that he was finally seeing yuri in reality! Soon enough, Keisuke had stalked them enough to see a love triangle between Saori, newcomer Akane, and their standoffish classmate Matsuoka. Is there truth to his observations, or is he viewing the world through yuri-tinted glasses?

Yuri Danshi definitely lives up to its insane premise. It's the ultimate send-up of your typical hardcore yuri fan; it goes over every yuri convention and mercilessly pokes fun at them, and it's filled to the brim with tons overt references to various yuri manga. It's really fun, and an absolute must-read if you're remotely fond of yuri. Hell, even if you aren't one, it's still worth reading for its ridiculous comedy alone.

bobohoro

So this Soma thing you're all talking about is worth catching up?

Selfquoting but yeah, this stuff is pretty good.

Fairy Tail 429-430

Insert weekly internal struggle to just drop this thing. So we go from ass-kicking Natsu being overwhelmed by the fodder he flicked aside one chapter prior, to Sasu...Grey going traitor and being an undercover agent two chapters later (so what was the setup with Fro all about?) and now we're back at punching fodder characters to the moon while chanting the old friendship tune.

Yuri Danshi 1-2
Yuri Danshi definitely lives up to its insane premise. It's the ultimate send-up of your typical hardcore yuri fan; it goes over every yuri convention and mercilessly pokes fun at them, and it's filled to the brim with tons overt references to various yuri manga. It's really fun, and an absolute must-read if you're remotely fond of yuri. Hell, even if you aren't one, it's still worth reading for its ridiculous comedy alone.

Faulty premise, tho. One of the girls can be bi, problem solved. Been there
/stealthbrag

Revo

Shokugeki no Soma 115

Would be a bit of a let down if we had to go through other restaurants after this one, unless they had a high selling point (like erina and soma getting stuck together).

jordisok

Sorry to jump into this thread like this Manga-GAF, anyone know any online stores/sellers who might have OOP/not that popular manga?? Trying to find volume 2 of Maison Ikkoku at a reasonable price/condition. I'm in the UK but will buy from anywhere.

Nisekoi 167

Praise be to the litrary goddesses of good writing. Onodera winning at the end of the day is the best development I could have came up with for a hetromance for this manga. Best chapter in years and best thinking for both of them. Ditch the pendant please for all eternity, no one cares about zawse in love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom