• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
T-Rex na Kanojo Ch 1

ibpNqkVnFuUHdD.png

This is the best thing.
Well, I'm already convinced.

Arabesque

I dropped this because the author took entirely too long in my privileged entitled 'Merican opinion to release chapters.

The author never took a single break in releasing the series each week, so I think you might be talking about something else ...

I thought Soma was expelled or was this a case of someone spoiling stuff too early?

Soma had not been in danger of expulsion for like 7 months now. The whole thing with him getting threatened with getting expelled is now just a gag.

AO No Exorcist 65 and 66

Can someone explain to me what happened between chapter 65 and 66? The spy is reciting the oath in 65 on the deck of a carrier and all of a sudden he's back as a student in chapter 66.
....WAT?

Dunno why the spoiler tag, the chapter had been out for months now.

Basically, Shima was sent back by the Illuminati to the True Cross Order to be a spy for the Illuminati under the guise that he will become a double agent for both organisations. The Illuminati, as mentioned in the chapter, don't trust Shima and might know that he is a spy for the Order, but probably want to use him anyway as some sort of method of communication between Lucifer and Samael (since Lucifer doesn't seem to harbor ill will towards his brother, just that they disagree on a philosophical level). They've shown a brief flashback in 66 when Shima is ordered to go back to the Order by the Illuminati woman

Nordicus

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 77

HOLY SHIT, we got to see the Charismatic Pervert???
...somewhat underwhelming. Would have preferred more tanned Youko.

Character popularity poll:

1) Aizawa Nagisa - 792
2) Shiragami Youko - 726
3) Koumoto Akane - 684
4) Shirogane Karen - 541
5) Shishido Shiho - 364
6) Akemi Mikan - 305
7) Koumoto Akari - 221
8) Kiryuuin Rin - 192
9) Shiragami Touko - 148
10) Kuromine Rei - 96
11) Kuromine Asahi - 88
12) Okada - 56
13) Sakurada - 45
14) Fuku-chan - 32
15) Shiragami Genjirou - 25

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 141
Go go Hatsuna's Angels. Being upgraded from a random NPC in this manga really sucks. Regenerating her back to health probably isn't in the group's best interests right now, not that they're in a position to know that.

Zweizer

Banned
In other news: YESSSSSS

In other other news: (more shamefully) yesssssss

I fucked up: OPM was way cheaper than Nana, but had less volumes

Great haul! Hope you'll have fun with it~

T-Rex na Kanojo Ch 1

ibpNqkVnFuUHdD.png

This is the best thing.

Alright, I've got to check this out.

Character popularity poll:

1) Aizawa Nagisa - 792
2) Shiragami Youko - 726
3) Koumoto Akane - 684
4) Shirogane Karen - 541
5) Shishido Shiho - 364
6) Akemi Mikan - 305
7) Koumoto Akari - 221
8) Kiryuuin Rin - 192
9) Shiragami Touko - 148
10) Kuromine Rei - 96
11) Kuromine Asahi - 88
12) Okada - 56
13) Sakurada - 45
14) Fuku-chan - 32
15) Shiragami Genjirou - 25

Asahi is so low lol

Sakura

Working!! Volume 13

Finished reading Working. Rather enjoyed it. I like a lot of the characters. But I feel like there is a little too much filler, I would've liked more time spent on the romance part.

bobohoro

Nana To Kaoru 128

Feels like it's heading towards the ending. Didn't really like the short intermezzo with the teacher, was probably just there to get the edding-dick in there.

Zweizer

Banned
Zai x 10 ch40

So helpful!

Shokugeki no Soma - Etoile ch2

Hinako (and the rest of the seniors) had woefully little screentime in the main series, so it's great to see more of them. Shinomiya is so oblivious though.

One Piece Party ch2-3

A lot of the humor is still hit-and-miss, but when it doesn't try to rehash everything from the main series it can be pretty funny. "I wanna live" slayed me though.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
T-Rex na kanojo 1
A new kind of monmusu. Dinosaur kind.
This is cute

Jitsu wa watashi wa 77

Charismatic pervert appear! And as expected, it turn into bloodbath.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 141

Suddenly, Charlie's Angel. And boy, Murakami uncle is cold blooded motherfucker, capping off his teammate just like that.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I read it as Tigrex Kannojo at first, so I was disappointed when I found it isn'.

Somewhere out there (read: pixiv) someone probably already draw that.

Keyman 36

HYPE! Pete turned into the coolest Keyman, yet!

Zai x10 Hijack arc 3

Thanks God for Microsoft flight simulator.
Yo, pilot and co-pilot, didn't the hijacker just shot you in the head?

dani_dc

I have returned from Mizuryu land, alive and well, against all the odds*

*according to mangaGAF

Dani's MizuryuLand report time!

So first things off, the event was clearly oversold, I got there at around 1:30 pm (event started at 1:00) and only managed to get inside the venue at 3:00 pm, they were clearly waiting for people to exit the event so more could enter.

And that was for the the line for the people with tickets, the line for people that still needed to buy tickets barely moved (if at all) during that period of time.

Line for people with no tickets said:

I actually saw people still waiting in line at 5:30pm. Honestly some really bad management, they clearly sold more tickets that could fit inside the bulding before the event started.

People in line at 5:30pm said:

It did amuse me that they were playing Disney songs at the entrance during good portion of the 30 minutes I waited right infront of the door. I seriously doubt anyone got the license for that.

Inside MizuryuLand

Eventually I did make it in!

The event was nothing like MizuryuLand manga *insert shock and awe here*, it even had a cross over the picture of the guy holding two girls on the guide to make sure people understood that wasn't allowed.
Showing "sensitive areas" or simulating lewd acts between attendees and people working there were also not allowed (though the limits of the former were surely pushed...).

The male-to-female ratio was about 10-1 from my count, unsurprisingly so I must say, as the event seemed to be mostly male oriented, though there seemed to be more "female" adult toys than male adult toys on sale, go figure.

The place was extremely crowed inside as expected, it was really hard to move around or see things.

Most of the slightly-clothed-people required payment for photos, so I mostly didn't take pictures of them (unless they were free), and unfortunatnely the majority of the booths were composed of this type of activity (Alongside selling DVD's/pictures)

I did get to see two semi-naked women playing twister which was nice I suppose.

Ironically enough the more attractive people were, in general, the one wearing more clothes.

And with that I segaway to the next topic.

Zentai

Most fun there was the Tokyo Zentai Club, probably because it was the only booth there that actually had something to do, I always wanted to try one of those vacuum thingies and they even had the booth girls touch your "skin" and tickle after so you could see how much more sensitive it was!
So of course the girls were taking pictures when I went to do it so I only had a guy touch my arm and ask me, I'm guessing, if it was more sensitive or something, I just said "hai". Thankfully that was the end of that particular interaction, though the experience itself was plenty of fun otherwise, despite my sadness at the lack of the female touch.

The lack of clothes for this was optional, but I figure if I was going to do it I'd do it right~

Zentai Fun said:

Manga artists:

ShindoL was there with an exposition, but unfortunately he wasn't selling any of his own manga works, just an expensive t-shirt and (I think) bed covers of one of his characters.
The exposition was composed of three drawings with signatures, and an added more that he finished during the event. Said drawings were for sale, but they were way too expensive for my pocket (and from the looks of it, for everyone's pockets).
Manage to get a few pictures but didn't get to talk to him, and since he wasn't selling any actual manga I didn't really had anything for him to sign =(

I didn't even see Mizuryu at the event, I guess he was too busy behind the scenes and on the actual events that I didn't gain entry via the lottery, though I did end up buying a book with several of his works on a whim, I honestly have no idea what I was thinking I kind just went "give me that one".
Also got MizuryuLand Day 1.5 (I think this one was made specifically for this event).

Very few manga artists there really, I think there was maybe one more that was selling manga's (but they didn't look particularly interesting) and another one that was selling pins and drawings something.

Besides that, there was a small exhibition of artwork to see and a few pages of MizuryuLand in a couple floors, one of which showing how a page "evolved" from scratch to finish.

Final Thoughts:

Overall, it was somewhat underwhelming, the space was clearly too small for the amount of people there, and there were too few things to see and even less to do. Particularly there were barely any Mangaka's there, and a good portion the floors were dedicated to booths were people paid to take pictures of semi-naked women, which is hardly an enticing proposal.

The, presumably, interesting "stage events" were mostly sold out due to the small space and the entry to them wasn't well organized (basically standing on a line and blocking other people way). The only one I manage to see was the end of a live-reading of some sort of adult Light novel.

I made most of my fun taking pictures and posting on twitter (bonus points for free WiFi at the event), as well as it being a new experience. An event of this type of larger magnitude could be a fun thing to attend, but as it is it felt like too little.

Overall I did had fun though, and I really must thank Lain for sponsoring my ticket, it was definitively a different and interesting experience.

For all the NSFW pics, including HZentai Dani, check my twitter.

Jintor

Pretty typical of my experience of practically every Japanese popular event so far, with the possible exception of TGS2012 since I got in on a media pass for that one.

/edit I mean, besides the lewdity.

Zweizer

Banned
I'm saddened, though not too surprised, to hear that it was somewhat underwhelming. I hope you still had fun going there and enjoyed the experience though! Such events don't happen every day after all~

Can't remember, is ShindoL an American, or was he only here to study or something.

He's Japanese and currently lives in Japan, but was born in the US.

dani_dc

Pretty typical of my experience of practically every Japanese popular event so far, with the possible exception of TGS2012 since I got in on a media pass for that one.

/edit I mean, besides the lewdity.

Yeah, I went to Anime Japan and Comiket Special not long ago and I understand what you mean, this felt worst than either of those in that regard though, which makes sense considering it's a much lower level event.

Though Comiket had this one way beaten as far as doujins lewdity goes.

I'm saddened, though not too surprised, to hear that it was somewhat underwhelming. I hope you still had fun going there and enjoyed the experience though! Such events don't happen every day after all~

Yeah, I had some suspicion that would be the case to be honest, but I did enjoy myself as I said, I really had a lot of fun seeing things and taking pictures of them, I mostly wish there had been more to do.

Also that being a foreign had made me a bigger focus of attention, I was literally the only foreign attendee!

They clearly have enough audience for a bigger event anyway.

Are we witnessing a relapse?

I bet he kept reading Seo manga in secret but just told no one.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Tower of God 147

Baam one shotted the hyped up dude, get fucked Rachel.

Zweizer

Banned
Yeah, I had some suspicion that would be the case to be honest, but I did enjoy myself as I said, I really had a lot of fun seeing things and taking pictures of them, I mostly wish there had been more to do.

Also that being a foreign had made me a bigger focus of attention, I was literally the only foreign attendee!

They clearly have enough audience for a bigger event anyway.

Seeing as it seems to be a success as far as attendance goes, I hope there'll be more fleshed-out events in the future~

I bet he kept reading Seo manga in secret but just told no one.

Seo truly has corrupted his soul.

Oh, and it seems that "Mizuland Day 1.5" manga has several guest artists, including shindoL.

Interesting. Could you put a photo of the ToC (or wherever there's a list of the artists) on Twitter or somewhere else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom