• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Naruto

Poor Sakura. Has to add herself in to the family portrait.

Actually went back and re-read this again and I feel even worse. I may need to be put on suicide watch depending on what happens next few chapters. I'm not sure why I feel this bad for Sakura even though I think Naruto's final pairing is superior and satisfying. I totally wanted to see the character experience some regret for the years of rejection of Naruto but if the author was intending destroying her soul, it would have been preferable if he went down a slightly more pleasant path because this shit is dark.

Deep 19

Whats wrong with Yoonjae he needs to get out of that lab instead of snooping around and getting angry in front of a computer. He may find himself thrown into the pit with the zombie dogs :(

And lol at the line with the PhD with years of experience not knowing how to handle a lab sample, rude.

360pages

The final pairing in Naruto is fine. It's actually nice to see a character move on from their first love. So many Manga and series usually have the lead or secondary romance character love the main SOOO much.

Which leads to said character super alone or dying in an act of (True Love!!!) so the lead can be with the main romance. Because we all know, you giving your life to someone who doesn't reciprocate those feelings is why said character exist.

Which is why, while I don't really mind harems and can enjoy them. Is why I prefer more comedy heavy ones than actual romantic ones because you realize just how silly it is. (Also counts for reverse harems)

The final pairing in Naruto is fine. It's actually nice to see a character move on from their first love. So many Manga and series usually have the lead or secondary romance character love the main SOOO much.

Which leads to said character super alone or dying in an act of (True Love!!!) so the lead can be with the main romance. Because we all know, you giving your life to someone who doesn't reciprocate those feelings is why said character exist.

Which is why, while I don't really mind harems and can enjoy them. Is why I prefer more comedy heavy ones than actual romantic ones because you realize just how silly it is. (Also counts for reverse harems)

The irony in this is that Naruto is Hinata's first love that she never gets over, and is presented in far more stereotypical fashion than Naruto's crush on Sakura. XD

And yeah, I used to like Sakura but they showed clearly that they had no interest in making her any more than a pathetic Sasuke simp. So if her kid isn't hers and Sasuke's always gone and she's sitting there pathetic, I feel like she made her bed and gets to lay in it now. She could have had Naruto, Lee, or any random other Konoha guy she could have moved on with.

360pages

The irony in this is that Naruto is Hinata's first love that she never gets over, and is presented in far more stereotypical fashion than Naruto's crush on Sakura. XD

True enough...though I guess it's how romance worked oddly in the series. That Naruto never directly said no, while Sakura did. Which probably made a pretty big difference.

Blood Blockade Battlefront Vol.03

8EnRKSsl.png

I think my favorite chapter of the series so far is the daily lives one, where we see separate stories of each story and how they all come together in the end. It gives a nice use for each character we seen so far and gives them something other than fighting a supernatural threat of the day.

Speaking of which, fighting a giant car eating train was pretty cool too.

I'm liking this series for what it is, crazy events happening in a crazy city. There doesn't seem to be an overarching plot going on here but instead just more glimpses into what threats Libra has to deal with in keeping a chaotic town stable and that works for me.

360pages

[Naruto]

2008, even. And the last joke of that short story no longer makes sense, now. Kishimoto gonna Kishimoto.

Well, it does show that Kakashi dresses differently without his mask so no one would recognize him. Maybe the dogs thought they remembered but dismissed it but they were actually right.

Why even unveil his face, that's like showing Master Chief's face. It's better we never see it.

His sculpture on Mount Hokage even on the mask on so it just looks stupid now.

Eh, with that kind of a drawing style, his face couldn't really look like anything else if the author is going for the "handsome" look, anyway.

Hiding the lower part of a character's face is kinda pointless in most manga. You just put a line where the mouth should be and voila unmasked.

Erigu

Well, it does show that Kakashi dresses differently without his mask so no one would recognize him. Maybe the dogs thought they remembered but dismissed it but they were actually right.
The dogs see his face at the end (when he had zero reason to be disguised) and go "ah, that wasn't it after all"... but now, it turns out that was it, so that joke no longer makes sense.

Arabesque

MAGI RAW

fucking lmao at
alibaba, dude looks like a more flexible cactuar from final fantasy

i cant breathe HALP

I knew it!

lol at how Alibaba looks now, but I was right about him and Judar teaming up and being absent from the Civil War while they go on a space adventure together. I guess Ugo changed Judar's trajectory (lmao) so he could at least end up crashing into Alibaba's soul on the way haha

The dogs see his face at the end (when he had zero reason to be disguised) and go "ah, that wasn't it after all"... but now, it turns out that was it, so that joke no longer makes sense.

I guess it's because Kakashi's dogs have trouble recognising human faces, so when the first face showed up they were sure it was how he looked like but then started questioning themselves later?

Sai

Actually went back and re-read this again and I feel even worse. I may need to be put on suicide watch depending on what happens next few chapters. I'm not sure why I feel this bad for Sakura even though I think Naruto's final pairing is superior and satisfying. I totally wanted to see the character experience some regret for the years of rejection of Naruto but if the author was intending destroying her soul, it would have been preferable if he went down a slightly more pleasant path because this shit is dark.
Guys...

The demographic.

It's not gonna be that serious. :p

Marche90

Masamune-kun no Revenge 10-21

So far the story has been interesting, but it's a damn shame that in the process of his "revenge" Masamune rejected two girls already, the second of which was great. Why do I put revenge in quotation marks? You see, Masamune's revenge is supposed to be getting Adagaki Aki, the main female lead, in love with him and dump her or something like that, because he was rejected by her as a child. However, not only it is pretty obvious that Masamune likes Aki, Aki herself is steadily falling in love with him, not to mentipn that she liked him back then, but rejected him because she was embarrased. She still doesn't know that the current Masamune and that kid who she called "piggy" in the past is the same.

The current arc that we're stuck in involves an impostor that is calling himself "the piggy from back then", but I hope that we get out of it soon, since I dislike this kind of arcs in manga that tends to take away the interactions between the main characters.

bigkrev

Chicha Koi Nikki 01-02
Girl moves to a city from a village and slowly adjusts to growing up.

Scarves and super cute growing up story with romance. Perfectttttttt

That is the most :solune thing I have ever seen

The First Thing I Do In The Morning Is 5(End?)

Wasn't a fan of how things were going last chapter, and this chapter starts out just as bad. At least both of them mostly have their lives back in order, even if Natsuo seems to have developed some deep mental scars relating to sex and sexuality. The ending was alright (they both realize that this isn't something that will ever actually work, so just enjoy the individual moments as they come), but really, this would have worked better if the original chapter was just a one shot and not expanded into a series.

Quixzlizx

To Love-ru Darkness 54

I thought Haruna was the most obnoxiously timid love interest ever when i first read TLR, but she's a total player compared with Onodera Kosaki. So, thanks for making me like another series a little more, Nisekoi!

Rhapsody

Banned
To Love-ru Darkness 54

I thought Haruna was the most obnoxiously timid love interest ever when i first read TLR, but she's a total player compared with Onodera Kosaki. So, thanks for making me like another series a little more, Nisekoi!

I still hate her though.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Maoyuu 40
Boiled potato with salt everyday...
Can't hero fry them or something?
Woah, older sister is a commander?

Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA 3rei!! 28-29

Tanaka too OP. Her right hand save the day

Soma

Ran and the Gray World [End]

iMBTvWTnngma.jpg

Think that about sums it up.

The final time-skip chapter wrapped up everything very nicely. Pretty much every side character's story concludes at exactly where you would expect but Ran's development is definitely the highlight as expected of her being the title character and all. This page really puts things full circle and effortlessly shows off the growth in Ran's character compared to her state of mind in the beginning of the story. The final dialogue in particular really nailed it.

Fantastic series that I can't recommend enough. Has a few shortcomings but nearly every character and even just the setting in general is filled to the brim with charm that it's easily become one of my favorite manga series in recent memory. I can go on and on about how much I love the art in this series but basically Aki Irie owns and I can't wait to see what she does next.

Currently getting myself caught back up on Umaru-chan as I for some reason dropped it partway last fall. Thought it would take me a while to remember where exactly I last was, but then I saw the arcade tournament chapters and am back on track.

Still as silly as ever.

Arabesque

Shoukgeki no Erina Special 2 Coloured (RAW)

I think the colouring on these specials looks better than on the regular chapters lol

Intresting
that Kagura got a foodgasam but Chika was spared from it (even a comment about her age being made, despite Kagura being 14) and instead got the reaction of a kid. Chitoge's however was just strange.

I really like how tosh's take on Kiyoko and Chika, but his Nami will forever look strange to me.

I don't think this chapter'll be included in the English Shonen Jump but we will see what happens today.

Sangokushi v17cao cao trying to court over guan yu and failing would be kinda moe if not for the fact he just massacred 700 mostly innocent people over a failed assassination attempt

I loved how when he handed him over the Red Hare, Guan Yu went "Great! This way I can go back to Liu Bei even faster!" and Cao Cao went all sour lol

But seriously, Cao Cao ruthlessness and especially his violent impulsiveness are what stoping him from ever becoming the Emperor. His own arrogance might be unseemly, but compared to how he just flips out and murders everything in his path it is nothing.

But I suppose that ruthless nature is a product of the times he lived in, and as much he had the qualities that inspired and drew men of talent to his side, he couldn't help but be a monster.

dani_dc

Himouto! Umaru-Chan 98

Bah, backtracking on the Ebina confession storyline. Disappointing unfortunately but not shocking.

And of course he'd find her lost brother right away.

Revo

Ran to Haiiro no Sekai 48 (end)

:(((
i don't want to see this over
but the ending was quite good
and in general the series is fantastic
recommend to everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom