• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erigu

I'm sure there is a lot of things reported as fact over at the Naruto wikia which are actually just popular fan theories. Don't let it get to you ^_^''
Oh, I won't lose sleep over it (nor even bother to register there, like I said), certainly not for something like Naruto. But overall, it always bothers me a bit when assumptions or internet lore somehow become "accepted fact", and that happens fairly often with video games / comics / animation from Japan, for obvious reasons...

Turok_TTZ

Kazuki Makes Love Happen?! at ALL-BOYS High School 37

I cared so little I forgot to make post yesterday. Toudouin is where it's at.

Oh look at that. Yu at the last fucking page.

I expect drama. Oh that's right... fuck off Yu. no return texts, speechless plus you're a cunt, don't act all shocked motherfucker!

Wouldn't that kinda go against Luffy both as a character and design? I think Oda, until now, worked hard to keep every character coherent with their powers and never went beyond what could be deemed creative possibilites. Luffy suddenly forming swords would be way too fancy, he is all about that straightforward but goofy impact and in that sense gear 4th comes as a pretty natural, albeit not very exciting for many, evolution.

Another punch is just boring :(

Kazuki Makes Love Happen?! at ALL-BOYS High School 37

I cared so little I forgot to make post yesterday. Toudouin is where it's at.

Oh look at that. Yu at the last fucking page.

I expect drama. Oh that's right... fuck off Yu. no return texts, speechless plus you're a cunt, don't act all shocked motherfucker!

Wow, you hate Yu that much?:(

Gakkyu Hotei 20
CDnUc-DWgAAbbFz.png

Either next week or the week after will be its last. Im glad my four are definitely not Red Ogre or the prep (Uozumi is probably just framed and the bat isnt his, Higashide is impossible, Sarutobi and Inugami are clearly not the prep), so for me any outcome will be fantastic end.

Teacher feels possible, but they are probably not Red Ogre. Will be interesting if Tento is Red Ogre, but is not the prep.

I wonder if he'd make a crazy face like she does.
CDnSJr1WMAAP1xv.png:large

aravuus

Voynich Hotel chp68

I remember somehow finding out about this one years ago when it was at 20-something chapters and really liked it back then. And now I remembered it again, after all this time, and decided to read it from beginning to end.

And it was fucking awesome. Shame I won't find another manga like this in a while (if ever) since it was so weird, but especially cause it's kind of hard to say why I liked it so much. I guess it's the combination of action, romance, actually surprisingly funny humor and all the weird shit

BLack Clover 11

Yuno saving his Asta yet again. Lovely. I hope they have some rivalry thing going on in this dungeon to see who reaches it first. IT will be
CDnZFDjWMAAIbpO.png

Luck should have stayed as without him, Asta and Noelle, seems to have no long range magician on their side. Asta can only reflect or do closeups and Noelle seems more suited to defense tactics. They are pretty unbalanced duo.

Korosenai

Akame Ga Kill

Finally caught up in this series...

Ugh, why do so many main characters get killed off. I loved Lubo, and I hated to see him go out like that. I'm glad he killed the prime ministers bastard son though before he went.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Food Wars! 116

Taku must be coming back super changed or something if the writer is still keeping him in secret. At least we had Isami Aldini who gets the best bro award.
CDmxLmHWYAEyXPy.png

How can people find Prince of Smoke boring? He had one of the best scenes in the chapter!

Its 4 weeks, what do you think - he's gonna come back with a beard and muscles?

Soma

Jyoshikausei 30-31

D'aww

Makes me nostalgic for my time at hot springs in Hakone.

Except my experience had a whole lot more old naked japanese men dicks.

Kingdom 240-351

Yotanwa all "silently accept that your names shall be etched into history as the vanquished."

Author could most certainly do with less "OMG IMMINENT AND UNESCAPABLE DANGERRR.... good thing that i had a Master Plan all lined up to deal with this exact prob at this precise moment".

Cuz really, lost count of how many times that happened by now.

To kingdom's credit, the way the story is told, i care not one iota for who wins. Errybody gets development.

Usobuko

Banned
Kingdom 240-351

Yotanwa all "silently accept that your names shall be etched into history as the vanquished."

To kingdom's credit, the way the story is told, i care not one iota for who wins. Errybody gets development.

I love that line, that was her best to date.

Did you get hyped when Mou Bu faced off with the Kan Mei ? Or when Kanki took the head of the Han commander through an ingenious plan?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Happiness 1 - 3

New series about vampires? Meh.

New series about vampires from the mangaka behind Aku No Hana and Boku wa Mari no Naka?

I'M IN.

Boku wa Mari ended already?! Holy fuck, I don't want to get onto this train ride by Zweizer and Uso are gonna pressure me to read it just so I can lose my mind midway ;_;

D-Gray Man Vol 5

Tyii4jR.jpg

Road looking great as ever.😎

Krory's arc has finally come to an end and he's finally found a purpose to live on, to hunt Akuma as a Exorcist for Eliade. I really love how gentle and sensitive Krory is and his interactions with the gang. Finally Tyki is introduced who's a handsome bastard, I mean the dude has some serious style going on. It seems he loves having a double identity as a human and Noah though. The war that was was currently going on did happen quite faster than the anime, which I'm neutral about. Though I'm glad I did watch the anime though since it was quite good. Anyways we have Allen's group heading for Japan to find the Marshall. Also it seems Lenalee is a bit worried about Allen considering she had that weird dream about him drowning in the water with destroyed buildings surrounding him. That's some weird dream, I wonder how it's gonna connect to the story later on. Yeah I need some more Allen and Lenalee interactions. It seems in the next vol Allen's group are gonna fight hordes of Akumas.

Allaur

Voynich Hotel chp68

I remember somehow finding out about this one years ago when it was at 20-something chapters and really liked it back then. And now I remembered it again, after all this time, and decided to read it from beginning to end.

And it was fucking awesome. Shame I won't find another manga like this in a while (if ever) since it was so weird, but especially cause it's kind of hard to say why I liked it so much. I guess it's the combination of action, romance, actually surprisingly funny humor and all the weird shit

I have a surprise for you - read Nickelodeon and other stuff from Douman Seiman.

Zweizer

Banned
Voynich Hotel chp68

Most Dowman Sayman series are similar in humor, quirkiness and writing. If you haven't done so, I suggest you check out Nickelodeon, and if you don't mind smut, Oddman 11 and the Sexual Instinct series.

Boku wa Mari ended already?! Holy fuck, I don't want to get onto this train ride by Zweizer and Uso are gonna pressure me to read it just so I can lose my mind midway ;_;

I'm pretty sure Inside Mari is still ongoing, but do read it. After all, what's the worst that could happen? Going from its premise, it looks like a perfectly innocent romance comedy~

Furyous

Kubera 235

Asha cheating somehow. How do you think she did it?
If she somehow breaks this curse then shouldn't that give her an excuse to keep living?

Nightbird

Prison School 175

Cleaning has never been this intense.

Oyasumi Punpun 3-101

This Manga, it made me think a lot, made me reflect on myself. From the few Pictures i saw here i never thought that, but this is shaping up to be my Favorite Title 2015.

Wiseblade

One Piece

Fourth Gear is cool, but I was hoping for something that could be used in conjunction with the other gears, like how Luffy has used Second and Third Gear in tandem.

I will say this though, seeing Luffy say "Fourth Gear" alone was pretty hype.

Food Smut

Does this mean every character is going to be drawn with a more serious face from now on?

World Trigger

A moderately pleasant read as usual. I've pretty much given up on ever being truly excited by this series.

My Hero Academia

I think this is the first time I've ever discussed this manga, so let me give my overview first.

It's a lot of fun so far. The characters are enjoyable, and the plot is starting to feel like it has a sense of direction. But this is the first year. It's WAY too early to be hyping this up as some people seem to. 40 chapters in to One Piece, Luffy had just beaten Captain Kuro. In Naruto, the Chunin exams hadn't even started yet. Even Bleach had yet to become the horrific mess it is now.

That said, this chapter was at least interesting for subverting the expectation of Deku winning. My guess is the next arc is All Might starts training Deku to not kill himself with every attack.

aravuus

I have a surprise for you - read Nickelodeon and other stuff from Douman Seiman.

Most Dowman Sayman series are similar in humor, quirkiness and writing. If you haven't done so, I suggest you check out Nickelodeon, and if you don't mind smut, Oddman 11 and the Sexual Instinct series.

Yeah, you know, maybe I should have checked out the other works of the mangaka.

Lol. Thanks!

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Oyasumi Punpun END

I actually finished this over the weekend, but wanted some time to think things over as well as reread a few chapters. Some of this was a little too familiar, which honestly made it difficult to read at points, but I don't regret it, and I won't ever forget it. This was something special. Something wonderfully, horribly special.

I need something lighter to dive into next. :[

Stulaw

Prison School 175

So freaking close, I'm guessing Kyoshi's going to
get up, cover Chiyo with the futon and run with Hana naked for an escape.
, it's so intense.

Zweizer

Banned
Oyasumi Punpun END

I actually finished this over the weekend, but wanted some time to think things over as well as reread a few chapters. Some of this was a little too familiar, which honestly made it difficult to read at points, but I don't regret it, and I won't ever forget it. This was something special. Something wonderfully, horribly special.

I need something lighter to dive into next. :[

Don't miss Inio Asano's interview, as it clears up a lot of confusion concerning the manga.

I suggest you read Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou next if you want a calming read, or Jitsu wa Watashi wa if you're looking for a more comedic one.

Rainy

Banned
So a while back I asked for recs for some good romance in manga (whether its action with a side of romance or just a romance manga in general) and I got these recs. I haven't gotten around to reading them but anyone else have any other suggestions before I delve in? (Though it seems I might have enough already here)
- Molester Man
- Baby Steps
- Rough
- Koharu no Hibi
- Majikoi
- Lovely Complex
- Kimi ni Todoke
- Kamisama Hajimemashita
- Love so Life
- Faster than a Kiss
- Platform
- Jitsu wa Watashi wa
- Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
- Yandere Kanojo
- Hi Score Girl
- Boys on the Run

Allaur

So a while back I asked for recs for some good romance in manga (whether its action with a side of romance or just a romance manga in general) and I got these recs. I haven't gotten around to reading them but anyone else have any other suggestions before I delve in? (Though it seems I might have enough already here)
- Molester Man
- Baby Steps
- Rough
- Koharu no Hibi
- Majikoi
- Lovely Complex
- Kimi ni Todoke
- Kamisama Hajimemashita
- Love so Life
- Faster than a Kiss
- Platform
- Jitsu wa Watashi wa
- Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
- Yandere Kanojo
- Hi Score Girl
- Boys on the Run

Baby Steps is mostly sport manga (it's really good at it), so there is not so much romance.
Definitely go for Honey and Clover (I will always advice anime, cause soundtrack is majestic), but manga should still be good.
Then there is Kimi no Iru Machi, but it has very fun reputation here)
Oysumi Punpun is great romance too...

And read Medaka Box for Kumagawa's romance. The scene about the stars is really touching.

Zweizer

Banned

Well, you already have a pretty good list, but if you haven't read them yet, I suggest you check out Goodnight Punpun, Solanin and The Voynich Hotel as well.

Jintor

Yandere Kanojo is not really romance, or at least, it's not Will-They-Or-Won't-They romance. It's just like... they're dating, here's what they do. (Also she's more prone to violence than the average heroine)

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Tokyo ESP 55
Oh boy, new enemy appear, and stronger than Urushibara Rinka with her teleporting object ability

Tsugumomo 64

Author really know how to make exciting battle scene and fanservice.

Zweizer

Banned
Yandere Kanojo is not really romance, or at least, it's not Will-They-Or-Won't-They romance. It's just like... they're dating, here's what they do. (Also she's more prone to violence than the average heroine)

That's what makes it good! There's far more to romance than just hooking up after all~

dani_dc

Prison School 175

Star-san is truly impressive, never could I have anticipated such perfect reaction to such an embarrassing situation.

Kiyoshi situation is as intense as it is lewd, one more week of waiting is going to destroy me.

Then there is Kimi no Iru Machi, but it has very fun reputation here)

I was tempted to bring it up, but I didn't want people to start yelling at me =(

Definitively read Kimi No Iru Machi.

random25

Prison School 175

Does Star-san have a name? lol. She's reaching the coveted
JAV
idol status.

And folding blankets has never been this epic since Kira eating potato chips.

dani_dc

Well I know that! I'm just managing expectations.

I wish my waifu actual real life girlfriend always carried a baseball bat

and was here

in this country

I'm not sure I'd want a real life girlfriend that was prone to violence, carried a baseball bat and lived in the same country as me.

Sounds like one of those situations where long-distance might be preferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom