• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usobuko

Banned
Punpun getting a second wind here on MangaGaf.

I love Punpun and I think there are also plenty of manga that also deserve more attention.

Lain

Did the Nana to Kaoru readers buy Sunstone? If you didn't, maybe you should. It's got the BDSM relationship, it has nice art and it has two girls as protagonists, one of which is a red-head.

I got the first volume some days ago (I saw it on Amazon by chance while I was looking for some Food Wars and recognized it right away) and it's pretty well done. Needless to say I preordered volume 2 and 3 too.

CWtb.jpg

rrc1594

For last couple months while reading Tokyo Ghoul, I kept telling me self someone's missing. I just couldn't think of a name then it hit me where the fuck is Hideyoshi?

Allaur

Did the Nana to Kaoru readers buy Sunstone? If you didn't, maybe you should. It's got the BDSM relationship, it has nice art and it has two girls as protagonists, one of which is a red-head.

Ok, I'm interested... I'll order first volume later this week.

phaze

For last couple months while reading Tokyo Ghoul, I kept telling me self someone's missing. I just couldn't think of a name then it hit me where the fuck is Hideyoshi?

He's hideing in Germany on the orders of his (quite probable fan theory)
Washuu father and grandpa.

I got the first volume some days ago (I saw it on Amazon by chance while I was looking for some Food Wars and recognized it right away) and it's pretty well done. Needless to say I preordered volume 2 and 3 too.

i followed this series on deviantart.

warning, very graphic. kinda endearing too.

Jintor

i followed this series on deviantart.

warning, very graphic. kinda endearing too.

I just wish the text was bigger

and a tad less ranty? or not ranty... like... there's often a lot of words where less would be better i feel

the small text is kind of a contributing problem to that.

Lain

I just wish the text was bigger

and a tad less ranty? or not ranty... like... there's often a lot of words where less would be better i feel

the small text is kind of a contributing problem to that.

Yeah they talk a lot, though I don't mind that.
The printed book text is pretty easy to read at least.

Foolworm

Ran Ending

I would have liked to see Menou and Suzurou get together, but on the whole I'm happy. Still waiting for ultramarine school days to be finished though.

Sidonia 73

Tsuruchi!!! Also, Ochiai is the usual inscrutable mad genius, and where is Kunato by the way?

dani_dc

Domestic na Kanojo 41

Well she's clearly an awful person.

Still doesn't mean he should slap her, and getting a week suspension over it is way too light.

I'm surprised he still has a job as a teacher at all though.

One Piece 784

What is Oda thinking, that upgrade is a step backwards in visuals and in concept. I would have wanted it to be a bit more revolutionary than being larger and just doing another punch. Like if he could have generated a Haki sword instead, that would have been really good.

Zweizer

Banned
Kyou no Asuka Show by Mori Taishi

A cute, somewhat eccentric and sometimes daring schoolgirl's daily life.

A nice little slife of life series with little pretense that remains enjoyable throughout. Pleasant art, not too risqué fanservice, fun humor, and an endearing protagonist make for an overall amusing manga. While it won't be considered a masterpiece by any means, it's sure to entertain anyone who's looking for a short and relaxing read.

Food Wars! 116

Taku must be coming back super changed or something if the writer is still keeping him in secret. At least we had Isami Aldini who gets the best bro award.
CDmxLmHWYAEyXPy.png

How can people find Prince of Smoke boring? He had one of the best scenes in the chapter!

Bleach

Best espada, Grimmjow is back, best news ever. Now just bring us Ulquiorra, heal Hitsugaya and restore him to how he should be, and Bleach will be back in the top 25 of all manga of all time.

Arabesque

English Jump stuff

Translation of interview excerpt between Kishimoto and Oda

No special chapter for Soma, just the regular chapter (but they mentioned a few surprises next issue so who knows). I wouldn't blame them if they skip it entirely and just put it in the volume release.

We did get the posters for Nisekoi that we should've gotten week earlier, the same way it happened with the SnS poster. I guess they need to go through some sort of approval process to get them in the magazine?

And the monthly titles will come out on the issue during Golden Week.

Salada is used in Japan so yeah of course he knows.

Well, he certainly knows about salad. Thing is, some people (I'm not one of them) think he named the character after "Sharada", another name of Saraswati.

I sort of gave up on that idea (that he knew what the name meant or researched its origins) after the conversation we had the other day. I'm just glad I don't have to call her Salad.

World Trigger 101

Incredible chapter for Yuma using the environment to take our Murakami. I just wish he wouldnt be washed away too, but perhaps that means his points wont be going to any team or even be a deduction?

In any case, it looks like another chance for Mikumo to deal the final blow and win it for the team, or maybe a chance for Chika to be the final survivor?

Kuruma doesnt look like someone that will be a challenge, IMO.

balgajo

Black Clover 11
Yuno looking at Asta with superiority eyes. Golden Dawn really changed him. Also I really liked the humor.

World Trigger 101

Incredible chapter for Yuma using the environment to take our Murakami. I just wish he wouldnt be washed away too, but perhaps that means his points wont be going to any team or even be a deduction?

In any case, it looks like another chance for Mikumo to deal the final blow and win it for the team, or maybe a chance for Chika to be the final survivor?

Kuruma doesnt look like someone that will be a challenge, IMO.

Considering that Murakami forced Yuma into the situation that would wash him away, that would be his point, wouldn't it?

And yeah, Kuruma doesn't seem like much of a legitimate threat anymore, but that only means Nasu has the opportunity to shift focus to Mikumo, who she now realizes shouldn't have proper cover fire if Chika moved to support Yuma. Even Kuruma might shift focus to the remains of Tamakoma now that he can't stall for Murakami.

This battle is still pretty damn tense. Really looking forward to how it proceeds.

bobohoro

One Piece 784

What is Oda thinking, that upgrade is a step backwards in visuals and in concept. I would have wanted it to be a bit more revolutionary than being larger and just doing another punch. Like if he could have generated a Haki sword instead, that would have been really good.

Wouldn't that kinda go against Luffy both as a character and design? I think Oda, until now, worked hard to keep every character coherent with their powers and never went beyond what could be deemed creative possibilites. Luffy suddenly forming swords would be way too fancy, he is all about that straightforward but goofy impact and in that sense gear 4th comes as a pretty natural, albeit not very exciting for many, evolution.

Sakuranbo Syndrome 77

unEgx9s.png

Yep, figured. That's the kind of publicity an upcoming child star would dream of, so it's exactly what Rena doesn't need right now. Someone needs to put the brakes on this train before it reaches the fireworks factory.

Erigu

I sort of gave up on that idea (that he knew what the name meant or researched its origins) after the conversation we had the other day.
I know, but I took a look at her page on the Naruto wikia, and that theory is reported as fact, over there... I'd add a "citation needed", but I don't feel like registering just for that. ^^;

Arabesque

I know, but I took a look at her page on the Naruto wikia, and that theory is reported as fact, over there... I'd add a "citation needed", but I don't feel like registering just for that. ^^;

I'm sure there is a lot of things reported as fact over at the Naruto wikia which are actually just popular fan theories. Don't let it get to you ^_^''

World Trigger 101: Why Tamakoma-2 and Nasu are the best

A1FatEp.jpg

I was thinking about using the climax of the battle, but decided best girl would be better for those who didn't read the chapter yet

World Trigger continues being the best battle series in Jump that isn't technically a battle series. The way the battles flow and the strategy involved puts it heads a shoulder above the rest of the Jump series. Fantastic play by Tamakoma-2 in taking out Murakami (kudos to Ashihara in also not making Ko look bad by losing here. If there is one thing I like about how this series handles defeat, it is that it doesn't make the defeated look stupid).

Tamakoma-2 are in the lead now, but the battle is more or less heading to its conclusion soon now that Nasu's attention had shifted from Suzanari-1 to Tamakoma-2. She probably will aim to defeat all other combatants on the East Bank and carry her team to victory (as she said before the battle started, she will be the one who gets the points). But now that she took out Taichi, I don't think it is likely she will be able to win this match. If anything, I think she might come close by taking out Kuruma accidentally or Chika (or Chika finally pops her killing cherry with taking out Nasu with an orbital strike after Osamu baits Nasu?) and then fall to whatever Osamu has planned (as he said, he will be the one who will get the points on the East coast).

Whatever happens, I think that this is the point where Tamakoma-2 will finally break from the mid-tier B-Rank group and into the higher-tier. Nasu squad development will probably be resolved after the match, but they put up the good fight, and will come second when all is said and done.

My Hero Academia 40

If there is one thing I like about this turn of events, is how it continues to reinforce how hopelessly heroic Deku really is regardless of the situation he finds himself in or how detrimental it might be to his own interest.

I think that in a sense, the final battle of this tournament will be to decide who will be Deku's de facto rival from this point onwards. I think that as much as Horikoshi tries and re-frame Bakugo as not being a total shithead, he is really just going to end up not washing away the stain left by his earlier acts this easily. Looking forward to the next match ups (I expect Ida to lose to Shirozaki next).

Loved the bit where Todoroki shut down Endeavor's offer on the spot lol

Black Clover: The Labyrinth of Magic 11

Okay

So you're telling me she actually dresses like this

And yet she gets scenes like these

lol

Aside from Noelle being a nopan character, I honestly like her more than I thought I would. Her not being framed as the designated love interest and having a goal and back story which are relatable and sympathetic. She's probably one of the few characters I can like without being ironic in this manga.

The rest remains as derivative as ever, but as long as it stays entertaining I can pass it off as being a decent-isn Shonen battle manga.

Black Clover 11
Yuno looking at Asta with superiority eyes. Golden Dawn really changed him. Also I really liked the humor.

Really? It seemed like he was basically just trying to be friendly by reminding Asta that he is saving his life the same way Asta saved his.

The Golden Dawn are clearly a fascist political party, but I don't think they got to Yuno quite yet. Maybe later.

This battle is still pretty damn tense. Really looking forward to how it proceeds.

The way battles play out in World Trigger always leaves me amazed at how much thought Ashihara puts into making them exciting and fun to read and yet try and maintain a tactical and strategic sense throughout. The end of the Invasion arc started this trend and it continuing through the B-Rank Wars (especially with setting up emotional angle with the different squads motivations) made it even better.

Hero Academia 40

I really want to see a Bakugou v Todoroki fights someday.

I think that is the only way this tournament can end now, unless something interrupts them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom