• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Nah, Saitama is so beast he shouldn't have had to go series against anything less than a super sayain. It's not fun otherwise.

That was my issue with it as well, I mean, not even Super Sayains could jump to the moon and back within a few seconds.

Keijo still passes the test~

Such a progressive manga.

Yay I'm no longer a junior~

Now you can do dubious posts without being afraid of being permabanned!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Part of the next Jump TOC leaked. Not the whole thing just parts of it.
It confirms that Gakkyu Hotei is moving to Jump Plus, dat Obata pull.
It also confirms Cyborg Roggy is dead dead dead.

NeoForte

Hinamatsuri 1-now

Holy crap why haven't I read this long before. I marathoner it all of last night. This series is amazing! I haven't laughed my ass off like that in a long while.

I love Hitomi. Her chapters are great but man... I feel so bad for her sometimes :/

dani_dc

Hinamatsuri 1-now

Holy crap why haven't I read this long before. I marathoner it all of last night. This series is amazing! I haven't laughed my ass off like that in a long while.

I love Hitomi. Her chapters are great but man... I feel so bad for her sometimes :/

Hitomi is the secret main character of the series, the girl suffers so much.

So I happen to stumble upon Mujaki no Rakuen
hwg5e.gif

I am 100% going to hell.

Akito

The best way to read Gakuen Dangerous is to make a drinking game out of it. Every time it makes you go "Waaat!?" you have to take a shot.

Shengar

Keijo still passes the test~
Kaminashi Nozomi (17) is an exceptional gymnast. So much so that colleges with some of the best gymnastic programs are trying to recruit her. Unfortunately for them, she has other plans. Due to her family being extremely poor, money is everything to her. That's why she wants to step into the world of "Keijo." "Keijo" is a type of gambling sport where girls stand on a small floating platform and compete against one another. The aim is to push the other contestant off of the platform into the water, but they are only allowed to use their butt or breasts to push the others off. Will Nozomi be able to compete in the intense world of "Keijo" and bring wealth and fortune for her family?
You can't lie to me Zweiz.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you everyone, the threat of permaban no longer is there so it feels good.

Lately I've been reading a lot of Wuxia/VRMMO light novels.

-Coiling Dragon
-Stellar Transformation
-Zhan Long

Among countless others. I have to say I'm quite enjoying them.

Quixzlizx

Gakuen Dangerous is totally worth checking out just for the insanity.

If you're simply looking for likable female characters, these series should fit the bill:

• Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
  • Keijo
  • Stretch
  • Husky and Medley
  • Bonnouji
  • Yandere Kanojo
  • Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki

Definitely co-reccing these for romance series with likable female characters.

Zweizer

Banned
Told y'all Keijo is awesome and y'all should check it out.

Yay I'm no longer a junior~

Kids have it so easy these days. When I was a junior we had to endure bullying nonstop from spiteful members.

*shakes fist*

Hinamatsuri 1-now

Hinamatsuri is great. Easily one of the best ongoing slice of life series around.

The best way to read Gakuen Dangerous is to make a drinking game out of it. Every time it makes you go "Waaat!?" you have to take a shot.

It's not nice to have people harm themselves!

Usobuko

Banned
Hinamatsuri 1-now

Welcome to the party, the next 2 upcoming chapters are fantastic as well.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Keijo is legit yo

Konjiki no Word Master - Yuusha Yonin ni Makikomareta Unique Cheat 1-5

One of those "MC got transferred into another world and i can access RPG status for some reason"
MC is a loner (bystander), and he have the ability to add effect to an object using a word (basically, Echo mark 2 or Sandman). Well, it's interesting enough i guess.

Maousama Chotto Sore Totte!! 9

Snappy and bouncy indeed. Loli martial artist appear.

Arabesque

It confirms that Gakkyu Hotei is moving to Jump Plus, dat Obata pull.

While I'm sure that Obata would be one of the few artists that would get such treatment, I think the move to Jump + has more to do with the approach the editorial/Shueisha has adopted in recent years with moderately successful manga that have no shot in surviving in the parent magazine (Soul CatcherS, iShojo).

I guess this would be the first ongoing Jump+ title that will be added to English Jump (Boys Over Flower 2 didn't really count).

Zweizer

Banned
Hatsukoi Rhapsody (One-shot) by Aoyama Haruno

Cute shy students romance.

Wakeari Kiss (One-shot) by Hinachi Nao

Cute cat ears 'n kissing romance.

Atashi, Kiss Shita. (One-shot) by Mitsui Haruka

Somewhat cute childhood friends drama.

Shounen to Yoru no Mahou (One-shot) by Fukaumi Hisato

Cute body switching rival siblings shounen ai romance.

Kozue-chan no Koukan Nikki (One-shot) by Niwano Haru

Cute texting woes romance.

Kuchibiru ni Uta wo (One-shot) by Chiba Kozue

Alright childhood friends romance and drama.

Kuuki-chan to Yankee-kun (One-shot) by Ando Mai

Cute and fun body swapping romance.

Melancholy World (One-shot) by Ishizue Kachiru

Melancholic fantasy and amnesia romance.

Pretty nice concept. Will check the serialized version some time later.

Musume-iri Hako (One-shot) by NisiOisiN and Akatsuki Akira

Cute girl in a cardboard box story.

Christmas No Sono Mae Ni (One-shot) by Hano Chise

Cute crybaby Santa story.

Clear Color (One-shot) by Hoshiya Kaori

Cute artist and honor student romance.

Dragon Ball Z X Onepunch-Man (One-shot doujinshi) by ドラゴン画廊・リー

(Not a dakku rec!)

It was alright. The action is decent, even if the traced panels are pretty obvious.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
I've realizes Anime GAF is super creepy in comparison to Manga GAF. Truly the better OT.

Usobuko

Banned
I've realizes Anime GAF is super creepy in comparison to Manga GAF. Truly the better OT.

Well till you see someone casually name drop a obscure h artist and invoke an overwhelming response.

You have not seen MangaGaf final form yet!

Neither do I.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
God of Highschool

usz7aVl.jpg

So cute!

Well till you see someone casually name drop a obscure h artist and invoke an overwhelming response.

Neither do I.

Ah, true. I did forget that happens.

dani_dc

Neither do I.

I remember when I posted about MizuryuLand expecting that maybe Zweizer would know what it would be, and instead everyone in the thread knew exactly what it was.

But that's just part of what makes MangaGAF so good, you'll find people here that truly read everything, from PunPun to Drainage City (do NOT google that, much less if you're in a sensible place or have anyone within 100 meters of you), which I think is part of what makes this thread and the opinions around here so interesting.

Is it? There a lot of people here into ecchi stuff.

Being into ecchi stuff isn't creepy by itself, the attitudes regarding said ecchi stuff is what can make it creepy.

I can't talk about Anime GAF since I really don't follow the thread, but I don't really think people around here tend to have creepy attitudes regarding ecchi.

If anything this thread manages to be too refined when discussing such things.

Zweizer

Banned

Neither do I.
Is it? There a lot of people here into ecchi stuff.

But that's what makes MangaGAF good!

I remember when I posted about MizuryuLand expecting that maybe Zweizer would know what it would be, and instead everyone in the thread knew exactly what it was.

But that's just part of what makes MangaGAF superior, you'll find people here that truly read everything, from PunPun to Drainage City (do NOT google that, much less if you're in a sensible place or have anyone within 100 meters of you), which I think is part of what makes this thread and the opinions around here so interesting.

dani speaks the truth~

(But you should totes check out Drainage City.)

dramatis

But that's just part of what makes MangaGAF so good, you'll find people here that truly read everything, from PunPun to Drainage City (do NOT google that, much less if you're in a sensible place or have anyone within 100 meters of you), which I think is part of what makes this thread and the opinions around here so interesting.
I don't know what the hell MizuryuLand is.

I'm a pretty uncultured swine. The limitations of my ecchi reading begins and ends with Prison School. Maybe Shokugeki?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom