• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Fuuka 59
2V91qs7.jpg

I don't think the chopsticks should be your current concern...

Dropping school was a stupid idea, signing a contract that you didn't read with the first person that appeared in front of you is plain insanity though.

But since this is a manga turns out he probably signed for the very best agent in all of Japan.

Fuuka 60

One more girl for the harem.
I'm not sure if to classify Sara reactions to Yuu falling asleep/waking up as cute or pathetic.

dani speaks the truth~

(But you should totes check out Drainage City.)

That's a great way to scar people out of this thread.

It probably helps that people don't constantly repost the same questionable gifs and uguu~ over them here.

That's what I mean by attitudes are what can make it creepy.

I don't even see many ecchi pictures posted in this thread, usually anything that might be slightly more questionable gets linked at best.

I don't know what the hell MizuryuLand is.

I'm a pretty uncultured swine. The limitations of my ecchi reading begins and ends with Prison School. Maybe Shokugeki?

Fine fine, most everyone knew what MizuryuLand was.
I apologize for implying you knew about it.

Though I'm surprised that after all that talk about it, there still remain people here that don't know what it is.
Probably for the best that you continue without knowing.

Anyone that reads Prison School cannot be consider uncultured, maybe you have some deficit, but in no way uncultured.

360pages

Animegaf tends to have two extremes when it comes to lewdness. Either it has to burn in a fire, or they tend to take it too far without placing links. Doesn't help that while we are opinionated here we tend to be able to enjoy a large range of things. From really thought provoking stuff to mindless stuff.

AnimeGaf...not so much.

Man I don't why but I feel the art of D-Gray Man is better than most series running in Weekly Shonen Jump. I just love the gothic and expressive type of art it provides. The character designs are great and wonderfully unique. The background is also well versatile and just has that lovecraftian feel.

Man I wonder if Jump will ever have a series that has a gothic style in art. It feels much more expressive in atmosphere and tension compared to series currently running in Jump now.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Animegaf tends to have two extremes when it comes to lewdness. Either it has to burn in a fire, or they tend to take it too far without placing links. Doesn't help that while we are opinionated here we tend to be able to enjoy a large range of things. From really thought provoking stuff to mindless stuff.

AnimeGaf...not so much.

wat

regardless of the fact everything you said is utter BS, AnimeGAF doesn't have wednesdayGAF so we're already winning C:

360pages

wat

regardless of the fact everything you said is utter BS, AnimeGAF doesn't have wednesdayGAF so we're already winning C:

Well, this is from what I see, if it's not arguments it the constant X should be like Y Then again, it might just be from a few posters.

dani_dc

That Kagura panel is surprisingly candid, I'm curious if the original text was that explicit.

wat

Nor do we, it's thursdayGAF now! since Naruto/Bleach/OP got their own threads the discussion of Shounen Jump series isn't really that much prevailing (outside of specific chapters). No different than discussing any other Manga or, I imagine, anime of the day at Anime GAF.

Seven Seas licenses Orange

Seven Seas Entertainment is pleased to announce their acquisition of Ichigo Takano's romantic time-travel manga series, orange.

Everyone has regrets in life. So who wouldn’t take the chance to change the past if given the opportunity? When sixteen-year-old Takamiya Naho receives a mysterious letter, claiming to be from her twenty-seven-year-old self, her life is suddenly thrown into flux. The letter tells her that a new transfer student by the name of Naruse Kakeru will be joining her class, and to keep her eye on him. But why? Naho must decide what to make of the letter and its cryptic warning, and what it means not only for her future, but for Kakeru's as well.

Seven Seas will release the critically-lauded orange for the first time in print in North America as two complete omnibus editions. Each book will contain over 380 pages, wrap-around covers, and color inserts. The first omnibus will be released on January 26, 2016 for $18.99 US / $21.99 CAN, with the second omnibus following in May.

I remember liking the cover but can't remember if it gets really depressing or something.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

No, you dipshit don't sign a fucken contract without reading FFS. Of course, the fact that she did something evil like 2 pages later probably means its some kind of Seo manga bullshit where she's just testing them or some dumb shit.

dramatis

Man I don't why but I feel the art of D-Gray Man is better than most series running in Weekly Shonen Jump. I just love the gothic and expressive type of art it provides. The character designs are great and wonderfully unique. The background is also well versatile and just has that lovecraftian feel.

Man I wonder if Jump will ever have a series that has a gothic style in art. It feels much more expressive in atmosphere and tension compared to series currently running in Jump now.
If I'm not mistaken, D-Gray Man runs on a monthly schedule. That means it's easier to do better art because you're spitting out 50 pages per month rather than 20 pages per week.

Secondly, I think you'd have to ask for a series that would work well with the art style rather than ask for an art style. One of the things I appreciate with Obata is that while he has his personal style, in Bakuman and with Gakkyu Hotei he correctly adjusted the art style for the material. It's more effective if the art supports the story and characterizations, like in One Punch Man, where Saitama is often drawn as a simple toon amidst a highly detailed background. Mob Psycho 100's art is not fantastic by all means, but the style suits the deadpan nature of its story.

If I'm not mistaken, D-Gray Man runs on a monthly schedule. That means it's easier to do better art because you're spitting out 50 pages per month rather than 20 pages per week.

Secondly, I think you'd have to ask for a series that would work well with the art style rather than ask for an art style. One of the things I appreciate with Obata is that while he has his personal style, in Bakuman and with Gakkyu Hotei he correctly adjusted the art style for the material. It's more effective if the art supports the story and characterizations, like in One Punch Man, where Saitama is often drawn as a simple toon amidst a highly detailed background. Mob Psycho 100's art is not fantastic by all means, but the style suits the deadpan nature of its story.

Well originally D-Gray Man did run in Weekly Shonen Jump and it still had the really well drawn expressive and gothic artstyle. I guess it's just preference, but yeah your right about wanting a series that would work well with the artstyle. All those series you've mentioned do fit their artstyle they provide and do elevate their works. I guess I just want a series that has that gothic and Lovecraftian artstyle that works with it's story and characterization from Shonen Jump. They sorta do lack that type of series.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
so long as i have to put up with the "Goda-samaaa~" gushing every week, wednesdayGAF isn't completely dead D:

I don't even get it. What GB says about OP is basically right. I read about half of it until I realized its just the same arc over and over not really going anywhere.

Angry Grimace

Fuuka 59

I don't think the chopsticks should be your current concern...

Dropping school was a stupid idea, signing a contract that you didn't read with the first person that appeared in front of you is plain insanity though.

But since this is a manga turns out he probably signed for the very best agent in all of Japan.

Fuuka 60

One more girl for the harem.
I'm not sure if to classify Sara reactions to Yuu falling asleep/waking up as cute or pathetic.

The way Seo writes Sara in general is kind of pathetic. He introduces her as a cold, stand-offish type who everyone has a hard time getting along with because her bluntness makes it difficult to communicate with her, which should be difficult to work with in a band.

That never goes anywhere because anytime she is near the main character she gets thirstier than a nomad in the Sahara.

Quixzlizx

The way Seo writes Sara in general is kind of pathetic. He introduces her as a cold, stand-offish type who everyone has a hard time getting along with because her bluntness makes it difficult to communicate with her, which should be difficult to work with in a band.

That never goes anywhere because anytime she is near the main character she gets thirstier than a nomad in the Sahara.

No, you see, she's only acts aloof because she's nervous around other people. Fortunately, her heart was melted online by Yuu the Twitter Casanova.

dramatis

Well originally D-Gray Man did run in Weekly Shonen Jump and it still had the really well drawn expressive and gothic artstyle. I guess it's just preference, but yeah your right about wanting a series that would work well with the artstyle. All those series you've mentioned do fit their artstyle they provide and do elevate their works. I guess I just want a series that has that gothic and Lovecraftian artstyle that works with it's story and characterization from Shonen Jump. They sorta do lack that type of series.
Ask A Huge Battleship for Lovecraftian gothic stuff.

Warning: It'll probably come with cannibalism, decapitation, and/or lolis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom