• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
At this point, my Bechdel test on anime and manga will include fourth requirement

1. It has to have at least two women in it,
2. who talk to each other,
3. about something besides a man.
4. while not touching each other

Keijo passes this test with flying colors.

You should read Keijo~

That's true, but it's interesting in another way at least.

If only it was the other kind of interesting though.

Had some time to reflect on it, although I think as a first reaction I couldn't have voiced it any better. Some of the ideas of both Punpun and Uncle hit a bit too close to home - sans the violent urges - and the masterful display of both romantic downfalls side by side felt like a 1-2-punch to the gut.

It's a tough one, especially with the existential and philosophical overtones that brings up many questions I myself never found answers to and just locked away in the back of mind for the time being. Having it shoved into your face that there simple is no sense in dwelling on those things, that we at times are just passengers to the scenarios unfolding and ultimately may be defined as human beings by our weakest moments in life is a pretty though thing to swallow in regular intervals.

I've hit a nice place to take a quick break from the manga, won't be able to read on until next week. It both exceeded my expectations and fears I had going in. It's a pretty awesome story that will definitely have some sort of effect on my outlook on many things going forward.

Punpun definitely isn't an easy read, and it can hit you pretty hard at times. I feel it's a good thing that it's making you think, as it's not something that many series manage to do.

Revo

Ao No Exorcist 67

Guess this is how we're gonna be giving him more character moments.
Nice that I could actually see Shima go either way.

Stulaw

One Week Friends 1-28

Well, this isn't bad, the Hase does get annoyingly possessive sometimes but despite that and general tropes
(childhood friend coming an ruining things)
, it's an alright read so far.

Yotsuba&! 87

Grams is a bit obsessed with the housework.

Dagashi Kashi 7-10

Well, Hotaru is the best, Coconuts isn't a great MC but we had chapter 8 without him and it didn't work as well, although we had some NSFW moments and the cafe girl took over as the straight man. May have to give these chapters a re-read.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
xBJppe0.png

Yes, Ichigo.

Now is the appropriate time to be surprised when 2nd/3rd best Arrancar makes his return.

Even more so when he's the one that looks alot like you.

Those are the same guy, one of them just happens to look fabulous

kasane

fuuka

lol fuck off

this is one of the biggest mistakes you can make on your life. At least finish highschool

please fuck off seo.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Keijo!!!!! 29
Holy shit, asshoryuken!

Minna! Esper dayo 1

This is hilarious. I mean, who the fuck bring out a tenga in a cafe!?

Dagashi Kashi 10

They failed, but at least they tried

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
fuuka

lol fuck off

this is one of the biggest mistakes you can make on your life. At least finish highschool

please fuck off seo.

I'm assuming you're reading last week's chapter since there isn't one for this week yet.

Usobuko

Banned
Manga sales this week.

*1. 245,122 *,543,609 Nanatsu no Taizai Vol.14
*2. 182,431 *,386,783 Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Vol.25
*3. 140,696 1,362,005 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.16
*4. 136,737 *,407,063 Detective Conan Vol.86
*5. 135,922 *,135,922 Giant Killing Vol.35
*6. 128,188 *,284,307 Kingdom Vol.38
*7. 103,106 *,103,822 Kamisama Hajimemashita Vol.21
*8. *96,232 *,*96,232 Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji Vol.12
*9. *93,250 2,591,128 One Piece Vol.77
10. *84,289 *,173,712 Noragami Vol.13

11. *82,422 *,178,560 Magi: Sinbad no Bouken Vol.6
12. *77,795 *,*78,126 Oresama Teacher Vol.20
13. *74,187 *,*74,187 Isshuukan Friends. Vol.7
14. *68,318 *,314,620 Chihayafuru Vol.27
15. *66,591 *,*66,591 Toaru Majutsu no Index Vol.15
16. *63,587 *,*63,587 Tonari no Seki-kun Vol.7
17. *61,786 *,135,698 Hajime no Ippo Vol.110
18. *60,636 *,130,880 Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns Vol.5
19. *54,348 *,192,636 Suki tte Ii na yo. Vol.14
20. *53,958 *,*53,958 Kobayashi ga Kawai sugite Tsurai!! Vol.11

21. *47,234 *,105,410 Shura no Mon: Dai Ni Mon Vol.16
22. *40,877 *,*87,385 Mashiro no Oto Vol.13
23. *38,046 *,*38,046 Gurazeni: Tokyo Dome-hen Vol.2
24. *34,708 *,*75,060 Liar Game Vol.19
25. *34,567 *,*34,567 Dame na Watashi ni Koi Shite Kudasai Vol.6
26. *31,582 *,454,857 One Punch-Man Vol.8
27. *30,587 *,*30,587 Sugar*Soldier Vol.9
28. *30,086 *,*65,645 Minamoto-kun Monogatari Vol.7
29. *28,372 *,334,111 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.12
30. *28,293 *,*28,293 Tokimeki Tonight: Etou Moori no Kakeochi

31. *27,501 *,*59,260 Days Vol.11
32. *26,776 *,468,499 Arslan Senki Vol.3
33. *26,547 *,*26,547 Maoyuu Maou Yuusha: 'Kono Watashi no Mono to Nare, Yuusha yo' 'Kotowaru!' Vol.14
34. *25,398 *,*25,398 Kedamono Kareshi Vol.8
35. *25,379 *,492,367 Arslan Senki Vol.2
36. *25,225 *,*25,225 Honey Bitter Vol.11
37. *24,754 *,*24,754 Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam: Ghost Vol.9
38. *24,675 *,531,408 Arslan Senki Vol.1
39. *24,639 *,*56,282 Gokukoku no Brynhildr Vol.13
40. *24,271 *,*50,898 Akechi Keibu no Jikenbo Vol.2

41. *23,900 *,*23,900 Itoshi no Muco Vol.7
42. *23,587 *,256,088 Owari no Seraph Vol.8
43. *21,935 *,349,083 Ore Monogatari! Vol.8
44. *21,703 *,459,695 Bleach Vol.67
45. *21,166 *,*47,847 Pumpkin Scissors Vol.19
46. *21,149 *,*71,280 Peace Maker Kurogane Vol.8
47. *20,793 *,*43,695 Tokiwa Kitareri!! Vol.2
48. *20,774 *,319,971 Nisekoi Vol.17
49. *20,454 *,*20,454 Takahashi-san ga Kiiteiru. Vol.5
50. *20,416 *,*20,416 Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Vol.3

kasane

and yeah fuck crunchyrolls manga reader

they couldnt even make gtos double page spread right. the 2 pages weren't the same size

some pages wont load and its continuously reported in their forums but they aint doing anything. I'm unsubscribing

Rainy

Banned
Yandere Kanojo 0

Pretty funny! First manga I read that was in a 4koma style, well chapter 0 at least. Interesting style.

Revo

MC lost his heart and Beelzebub's shard, so he should have gotten a downgrade.

Some angel heart->now angel powers or something, faust can probably awaken angel powers when they reunite cause faust
losing the shard is something but it was never
a year fighting plutos/pluto level people->power up

if we weren't timeskipping then a temporary downgrade might be possible but I doubt we'll get much of a view in the prison where the downgrade would happen (at most, flashback level viewing).

Jintor

At this point, my Bechdel test on anime and manga will include fourth requirement

1. It has to have at least two women in it,
2. who talk to each other,
3. about something besides a man.
4. while not touching each other

What if they just exchange longing looks?

Allaur

Yeah it really hits some good notes on it, it felt really refreshing. Easily my favorite ManGAF group read.

If you haven't read the other YOKO-related manga you should get on that too

I already read Onani Master and yesterday I finished Koganeiro which was good but too short and ended a bit abruptly.Not sure that I want to read Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous thanks to description and tags and all what's left is Tsunbaka which I'll leave for later.

Is there some romance manga with girl as good as Kansai?)

Lain

Citrus Volumes 1-2
Foub.jpg
Eoub.jpg

I feel the plot development is a bit too random and somewhat cheap but overall the story is cute (just like the various characters), the art is nice and the yuri, as of volume 2, is progressing extremely well between the two step sisters despite the childhood friend (on Mei's side) trying to get in on the action.
I wonder if the (childhood?) friend on Yuzu's side will bring problems too.

Oyasumi Punpun 58-59

Wow Punpun's mother is the worst. An awful person.

Flipping the father situation like that, goddamn. I did not expect that, so maybe my opinion on her will be flipped too.

kasane

Citrus Volumes 1-2
Foub.jpg
Eoub.jpg

I feel the plot development is a bit too random and somewhat cheap but overall the story is cute (just like the various characters), the art is nice and the yuri, as of volume 2, is progressing extremely well between the two step sisters despite the childhood friend (on Mei's side) trying to get in on the action.
I wonder if the (childhood?) friend on Yuzu's side will bring problems too.

i actually bought this off amazon

still not sure what to expect. I hope it has a nice art at least

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Felt the power levels were fair. He needed to go serious mode to counter Galick Gun.

Not bad, Saitama. Not bad.

Nah, Saitama is so beast he shouldn't have had to go series against anything less than a super sayain. It's not fun otherwise.

LeleSocho

Banned
depends on what tea you like >:|

whatever tea you like my friend :*

Dragon Ball Z x One Punch Man

You know how you understand how this is fanart? Because Vegeta used the Garlic Cannon.
The art is like a bajillion times better than the Fukkatsu no F one though, aside from the obviously copied panels it really looked Toriyama-ish.

Zweizer

Banned
I already read Onani Master and yesterday I finished Koganeiro which was good but too short and ended a bit abruptly.Not sure that I want to read Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous thanks to description and tags and all what's left is Tsunbaka which I'll leave for later.

Is there some romance manga with girl as good as Kansai?)

Gakuen Dangerous is totally worth checking out just for the insanity.

If you're simply looking for likable female characters, these series should fit the bill:

• Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
  • Keijo
  • Stretch
  • Husky and Medley
  • Bonnouji
  • Yandere Kanojo
  • Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki
Oyasumi Punpun 58-59

Wow Punpun's mother is the worst. An awful person.

Flipping the father situation like that, goddamn. I did not expect that, so maybe my opinion on her will be flipped too.

Families are complicated like that.

Allaur

Gakuen Dangerous is totally worth checking out just for the insanity.

If you're simply looking for likable female characters, these series should fit the bill:
"Likable female characters" is too simple criteria. I'm more interested in something like "girls which you can see why are love passion for MC's" - it's really hard criteria. Only "Monogatari Series" and "Honey and Clover" met this quota for me before and now I can add "Molester Man" to this list. It's probably connected to the fact that author shows how MC spends meaningful time with girl he like and talk about a lot of things.

And yeah, I added Gakuen Dangerous to my "to read" list.

Zweizer

Banned
"Likable female characters" is too simple criteria. I'm more interested in something like "girls which you can see why are love passion for MC's" - it's really hard criteria. Only "Monogatari Series" and "Honey and Clover" met this quota for me before and now I can add "Molester Man" to this list. It's probably connected to the fact that author shows how MC spends meaningful time with girl he like and talk about a lot of things.

And yeah, I added Gakuen Dangerous to my "to read" list.

My recommendations still stand~

(Though Gakuen Dangerous doesn't fit that criteria, lol)

Allaur

My recommendations still stand~

(Though Gakuen Dangerous doesn't fit that criteria, lol)

I already read half of it. And I don't think that there is romance in Keijo) (Well, may be there is, but through yours comments I know that it's about butt battles, so it's hard to believe =) )
Will try Husky and Medley later (may be this evening) - it looks short.

Zweizer

Banned
I already read half of it. And I don't think that there is romance in Keijo) (Well, may be there is, but through yours comments I know that it's about butt battles, so it's hard to believe =) )
Will try Husky and Medley later (may be this evening) - it looks short.

It's still a bit early, but there are some hints of romance in Keijo~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom