• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

Immortal Hounds 1-9

You know, interesting premise, but it's hard to sympathize with the hero when they kind of want to end immortality. It's a really challenging thing to handle, but bluntly, the removal of Vectors would probably be for the best.

Though this comes down to the act that you think a world with immortality would be pleasant or not. Or your personal idea of such concepts. But I'd probably say the same thing if someone was going around giving everyone immortality.

Nietzsche-Sensei 05-06

PKoL0Rm.png

This series is too real

Sing Yesterday for Me 1-85 From the author of Lament of the Lamb and Kurogane, a romance/slice of life/seinen story that focuses on a love triangle and then expands a bit with various supporting characters. The characters are hesitant to move forward so the relationships move very slowly and over a period of a few years. It's interesting because it's different and the characters are pretty likable but also so wishy-washy -- afraid to advance forward for fear of losing what they have. With that said, the character development is clear and as the story progresses, you get to see how the relationship clearly differ and even separates into 4 different point of views. Apparently this manga is still on-going and has been in publication since 1997!!!! Doesn't look like it's going to end anytime soon either. I like the story but there is also that regret for getting into it if it's going to take another 8 years to finish.

Recommended but keep in mind the ending will be a long time to come.

Crocodile

Dragon Ball x One Punch Man

This doujin was pretty hilarious. The panel at the end with Genos and Saitama didn't seem necessary though. I always felt these universes could combine well and I was right. I'm really glad Vegeta was in this and not Goku, no way it would have been a fraction as funny otherwise. If this was an official manga I figure this would be turned into a short omake or special what with the new Dragon Ball and One Punch Man animes coming up.

Dragon Ball x One Punch Man

This doujin was pretty hilarious. The panel at the end with Genos and Saitama didn't seem necessary though. I always felt these universes could combine well and I was right. I'm really glad Vegeta was in this and not Goku, no way it would have been a fraction as funny otherwise. If this was an official manga I figure this would be turned into a short omake or special what with the new Dragon Ball and One Punch Man animes coming up.

If it did become a real series we would have the ultimate battle between Yamcha and King.

Hey, there was a new manga that premiered recently but I forgot the title. It was a romance/drama that started off quite light-hearted but at the end there was a sort of ominous tower to end the chapter. School setting. Anyone here remember the title?

Aka Akatoretachi no Monogatari 16-40

This is horribly generic, but I dig the art and I've always been a sucker for revenge stories.

But goddamn, takes longer for anything to happen than One Punch Man because of the page count. Needs to be longer.

Chikyuu no Houkago 5 - 11

Well this certainly has gotten more interesting. It's turned into much more of a mystery after reading these chapters. Curious what happens next.

Hey, there was a new manga that premiered recently but I forgot the title. It was a romance/drama that started off quite light-hearted but at the end there was a sort of ominous tower to end the chapter. School setting. Anyone here remember the title?

The Tower of Mysterion (The Town with the Tower that Nobody Knows)?

wonzo

Banned
Sangokushi v23-24

lady mi didn't die for this. goddamnit liu bei

Sekirara ni Kiss 1

Only bothered to give this a shot as I'd read and somewhat enjoyed a oneshot the author did. This has potential but I kinda doubt it'll do much with it. Will stick with until I get bored.

Arabesque

Sangokushi v23-24

I think that the way Lady Mi's sacrifice is meant to be viewed in the same way Daio Chan's was. Putting your duty over your own feelings and desires. So in that sense, Liu Bei was doing the same by putting aside his feelings as a father and a husband by concentrating on the safety of one of his strongest generals and being ready to engage Cao Cao forces rather than feeling relieved at his son's wellbeing and grieving for his wife.

That said, I think Lady Mi was underestimating Zhao Yun's skill and being rash in throwing her life away. Seeing him destroy a fucking army like it was Dynasty Warriors made me think "he probably could've saved both of you lol"

Cao Cao comedic scenes remain as great as ever

"Is that a man cutting through my army like its nothing? ... I kind of want him"

wonzo

Banned
That said, I think Lady Mi was underestimating Zhao Yun's skill and being rash in throwing her life away. Seeing him destroy a fucking army like it was Dynasty Warriors made me think "he probably could've saved both of you lol"

yeah :(

Cao Cao comedic scenes remain as great as ever

"Is that a man cutting through my army like its nothing? ... I kind of want him"
moe moe

Lain

Eureka seveN AO volumes 1-3

The NTR is strong in this (Naru, why you so mean to Ao?!). I never finished watching the disappointing anime, so I might as well get to see the end in this disappointing manga. I didn't notice any change from the anime, maybe the manga goes faster.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Tower of God

I'm starting to get the feeling Rachel might not be completely evil, either she is being somewhat forced or Bamm might truly be something that should be locked away.

Well it's obvious even from the very beginning, yeah?

You don't get to have someone locked inside a very large, dark place like Baam was before he entered the Tower without a god reason.

Probably the one's doing the locking realized his potential Yandere-ness. I mean, damn boy. You have someone like Yuri and Androssi taking a liking towards you and you are so fixated towards the one that tried to kill you to the point where you're willing to kill others for it? Damn.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Is the reputation of Japanese manga/anime industry has been so damaged to the general public that we actually have someone vehemently claim that this art:

VmRMlj.png

Is a work that is sexually motivated or suggest naughty sexual lewd intentions by the author?

Good God

Is the reputation of Japanese manga/anime industry has been so damaged to the general public that we actually have someone vehemently claim that this art:

VmRMlj.png

Is a work that is sexually motivated or suggest naughty sexual lewd intentions by the author?

Good God

Given how someone likes the generic sexy woman art pic and says "This ones my favorite one because she actually looks like a woman, and not a lolicon" i dunno what you would expect from GAF

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

MasahiroAnbeSplatoon.jpg

Good God

thisisneogaf.gif
Yeah, those who said it are ignorant, so i stop caring about them. seeing those kind of post make me understand why Mod/admin ban several games. Even with good gameplay, with several moe illustration that's enough for ignorant poster to jump in and shit on a thread, then mod need to clean up the mess.

Nordicus

Mill 22

Aki and Mill thought they could ignore the elephant in the room. Then it started stomping and the trip home got awwwwwwwkwaaaaaaaard.

She's still very afraid of getting attached to Aki because her lifespan will force them to separate eventually

Shengar

Does 13-17 years old count as lolita now? Seriously NeoGaf, just seriously.
thisisneogaf.gif
Yeah, those who said it are ignorant, so i stop caring about them. seeing those kind of post make me understand why Mod/admin ban several games. Even with good gameplay, with several moe illustration that's enough for ignorant poster to jump in and shit on a thread, then mod need to clean up the mess.

That's a really positive way to look at the banned game thing.

Sangokushi v23-24

That's really.....I don't want the term, really softening up of what was supposed to be baby throwing

Cao Cao always have thing of wresting others, whether they are general or wife from other men.

Immortal Hounds ch1-18

Was introduced to this series based on a context-less picture from the latest chapters. I gotta say I've enjoyed the ride I've been taken on. A strange but interesting world where everyone is immortal and instantly revives from death completely healed certainly is an crazy premise. Sure the violence is gruesome but none of it feels over the top or unneeded. Absolutely love Detective Kenzaki, he makes this such an interesting read.

Latest chapter: Even though this new girl is the worst kind of cock tense and take pleasures in making people suffer and is getting a bunch of lonely dudes killed, I still feel bad for her that her newly acquired immortality manifested itself as her reviving but her injuries staying the same. How fucking awful. That is literally the worst kind of immortality. Also don't think we still know the whole story about RDS.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Nanika Mochigatte Masuka 1-24
A kid with ESP and a jaded boy decide to kill the scum of society, mostly litterer and those who use cellphone while driving. Later on, a girl with psychometry and a detective joining in their operation.

They all have psychopathic trait. Lack of empathy, big ego.
There's funny face and comedy scene too. lol
This series are basically smaller scale death note.

dramatis

Sangokushi v23-24

I think that the way Lady Mi's sacrifice is meant to be viewed in the same way Daio Chan's was. Putting your duty over your own feelings and desires. So in that sense, Liu Bei was doing the same by putting aside his feelings as a father and a husband by concentrating on the safety of one of his strongest generals and being ready to engage Cao Cao forces rather than feeling relieved at his son's wellbeing and grieving for his wife.

The story of Liu Bei throwing his baby son to the ground is actually a fabrication. The intent of the fabrication however is to show how Liu Bei valued a loyal and strong man more than family. But it's bad because he's literally throwing an innocent baby on the ground. In Romance of the Three Kingdoms, this toss is used to explain why Liu Shan is an idiot (Liu Bei dropped him on his head!) even though the real guy wasn't that much of an idiot. The Romance of the Three Kingdoms author should have stuck to the other fabricated story, where Liu Bei threw an axe at a guy who suggested that Zhao Yun ran away (technically not a more flattering portrayal of Liu Bei though).

Real life Liu Bei definitely valued his family quite little for sure. I think there's at least one incident in which he abandoned his family to save his own hide. Lady Mi was captured like three times. She was never actually confirmed dead and Liu Bei married two other women (actual marriages, not just taking the other women as consorts) while he was still married to Lady Mi. (One of them is famously Lady Sun who scared him all the time since she basically brought an army of female warriors with her.) He also had an adopted son that he took care of as his son until he had a real blood-related son, and then he was like, I don't want that adopted kid inheriting my throne, so Liu Bei killed his adopted son. Great dad.

Shengar

The story of Liu Bei throwing his baby son to the ground is actually a fabrication. The intent of the fabrication however is to show how Liu Bei valued a loyal and strong man more than family. But it's bad because he's literally throwing an innocent baby on the ground. In Romance of the Three Kingdoms, this toss is used to explain why Liu Shan is an idiot (Liu Bei dropped him on his head!) even though the real guy wasn't that much of an idiot. The Romance of the Three Kingdoms author should have stuck to the other fabricated story, where Liu Bei threw an axe at a guy who suggested that Zhao Yun ran away (technically not a more flattering portrayal of Liu Bei though).

Real life Liu Bei definitely valued his family quite little for sure. I think there's at least one incident in which he abandoned his family to save his own hide. Lady Mi was captured like three times. She was never actually confirmed dead and Liu Bei married two other women (actual marriages, not just taking the other women as consorts) while he was still married to Lady Mi. (One of them is famously Lady Sun who scared him all the time since she basically brought an army of female warriors with her.) He also had an adopted son that he took care of as his son until he had a real blood-related son, and then he was like, I don't want that adopted kid inheriting my throne, so Liu Bei killed his adopted son. Great dad.

Those kind of robust, rough portrayal of something supposedly to be good character trait is fairly common in Chinese, if not Asian tale. I've read compilation of Short Story From Ming, and those happened often (no, not throwing babies).

Also about Liu Feng, it's more complicated than that I think, involving a great deal of many Shu top vassal since he's actually competent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom