• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuro 26.5, Extra 01-04, 108-112

More into this slightly unsettling store.

The backstory was pretty interesting so looking forward to here this story goes.

T-Rex Na Kanojo Ch. 4
Sleeping with a big T-Rex girl would probably be nice, assuming Churio doesn't fucking crush every bone in the guy's body.

This whole manga's so fucking cute.

CEN1xFUUIAEKrbM.jpg:large

Finally got my YenPress order.

Big One

Banned
Pokemon Adventures: Emerald COMPLETE

Went ahead and finished this one last night online.

The first two volumes of this are awful, and Emerald is still an awful protagonist I feel even with the added backstory. But the last two pick up quite a bit and bringing back all the characters for the final battle was pretty nice.

I'm still confused on how Sird ties into the storyline and why she was dropped at the end of D/P. Like what is her purpose, exactly?

Allaur

Instead of reading Huskey and Medley (I'll read it definitely...) I made another search through romance manga and...

Again!! 1-70
Consious of unsocial guy who spent his highschool years all alone cause all his classmates thought that he is delinquent due to certain circumstances go back in time to the dey when he was enrolled into highschool. Thinking, that may be this time it'll be fine to join ouendan (cheering, not mistake with cheerleading) club (which was disbanded due to lack of members in his timeline), MC desides to save ouendan.
So... It was really fun to read till the end of first ark, but now, with romance not going anywhere (and MC kissed both girls before...) I don't have strength to finish another 20 or so translated chapters (but I'll still finish it just in case of manga returning to former glory).

Hoshikawa Ginza Yonchoume 1-21
Yuri love story about teacher and her student. Really cute art. Warm and fuzzy to read. Not finished(

Zetsubou Baby 01

aUFYVZil.jpg

Gloomy girl with no friends one day has an elite pretty boy transfer student who declares that she will be his woman.

Pretty normal, pretty boy will help change a girl's life here but the whole execution was pretty hilarious. From misunderstandings, the chasing, the super direct love confessions, I think this is great.

wonzo

Banned
Sangokushi v25

i don't even know to begin with this volume, lets see

- cao cao stupidly killing the one man standing between him and utter defeat over a simple ruse
- kongming's masterful arrow ploy to shake off zhou yu's attempts at removing his head
- cao cao's spies being played like a fiddle by zhou yu
- kongming tricking zhou yu into thinking he wasn't a threat via manipulating lu su
- fucking pang tong gettin in on the action by setting things up just perfectly all the while helping xu shu get the fuck outta dodge
- the oncoming massacre by fire

omfg

black peach flower (Oneshot)

This is just so absurd and I have the widest fucking grin on my face right now. I don't know whether I want to laugh or scream at this ending.

Enough of RotK, someone should adapt Journey to the West into something. RPG or manga is preferable.
They should make a version of Journey but set somewhere in the future when the monk (who is a girl in this version) meets up with a strange monkeylike kid.

You don't even have to make it into a journey to the west. Just have them find a McGuffin that lets them get a wish or something.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Natsu no Zenjitsu - End

I dont really know how to say it. The story left me feeling unsatisfied.

Nightbird

• 1. Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club 1 (Cover & Colourpages. New Series)
  • 2. One Piece 785
  • 3. Assassination Classroom 138 (Colourpages)
  • 4. Naruto: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring 2
  • 5. Shokugeki no Souma 117
  • 6. Black Clover 12 (Colourpages)
  • 7. Haikyu!! 156
  • 8. My Hero Academia 41
  • 9. Toriko 322
  • 10. Nisekoi 169
  • 11. Hinomaru Zumou 47
  • 12. Kochikame (Colourpages)
  • 13. Kagamigami 13
  • 14. Gintama 540
  • 15. Ultra Battle Satellite 10
  • 16. The Disaster of PSI Kusui Saiki 146
  • 17. Bleach 625
  • 18. Gakkyu Hotei: School Judgment 21 (End,but will be continued in Jump+)
  • 19. Cyborg Roggy 11 (End)
  • 20. The Story of Isobe Isobee

Absent:
World Trigger

Next Issue #25:
new series with Cover and Colourpages: Lady Justice by Ken Ogino
Colourpages for: Shokugeki no Souma and My Hero Academia

dramatis

WARNING: There may be spoilers in some of these recs (rec), reviews (rev), impressions (imp). If you want to avoid that, just post a general question about the manga (don't do this on Wednesday though). Most recent at top. Links to previous recommendations at bottom.

1. The writing was all over the place, particularly towards the ending, but somehow the silliness made it tolerable. For Shinwa Ponchi. From A Huge Battleship. (rev)
  2. It's... interesting how i struggled with finding the words to describe the feeling the author and the artist were trying to evoke, and then when it came to me, it seemed so utterly obvious. For Takemitsu Zamurai. From Coriolanus. (imp)
  3. Mystery one-shot from the World Trigger author, with an intriguing setup but a slightly wonky execution. For Room 303. From A Huge Battleship. (rev)
  4. I love rollercoaster rom-com with more emphasize on drama and maturing on adolescence stage. Self-depreciating humour and a rather rocky path for someone in his early 30s seeking romance. It's like Boys on the Run but a little mild side on the drama. For Moteki. From Usobuko.
  5. But after some chapters it transformed in some form of "cute girls do cute things", so I'm totally ok with no romance now. For Flying Witch. From Allaur. (imp)
  6. a heartwarming and totally vanilla story of yuri love played straight with no twists For Wsamarus 2001. From Dresden. (imp)
  7. It's fun to read thanks to face expressions and cute art. For Okusama ga Seito Kaichou!. From Allaur. (imp)
  8. I found this manga beautiful and sad at the same time. It's a manga about discoveries and not battles. For Mahou Tsukai no Yome. From Chaos17. (imp)
  9. ...but it's still fun to read. For Hinamatsuri. From Allaur. (imp)
  10. An old man takes walks and picks up girls left and right. For Taki Takanosuke no Sanpo Jikan 01. From dakkumauji.
  11. Usobuko: I love Natsuki Sumeragi's covers.
  12. High schooler joins an evil organization Antares to get money for his orphan family. For Baito Saki wa "Aku no Soshiki"?!. From Nordicus. (imp)
  13. Kinda typical supernatural story with an Egyptian twists but the art's nice, the characters are nice and action isn't bad. For Im - Great Priest Imhotep. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  14. Only one volume in and I can already start to feel the heart-pounding passion Gakuto feels about ROMANCE OF THE THREE KINGDOMS. For Sangokushi Vol 1. From wonzo.
  15. This isn't the most historically accurate thing I've read but it's a pretty good primer on the life and death of the a forged in neverending brutality. For Chinggis Khan. From wonzo. (rev)
  16. Go and read it if you enjoy Dragonball, especially the last chapters bring in a ton of additional info. For Ginga Patrol Jako. From Rainbowgun. (maybe rec?)
  17. Cute one shot between childhood friends and the girl wishing for them to be more than friends. Kudos for her to take the first step~ For Atashi, Kiss Shita. From dakkumauji.
  18. God #32049 and an angel go Tom and Jerry on each-other, and destroy the world in the process. For Shen de Wanju --THE WORLD-- 0. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  19. The tale of a bear employed as an assassin for the yakuza. For Black Bear Killer. From Zweizer. (imp)
  20. I'd follow it regardless given the pedigree behind the manga. For Meitantei Marnie 01. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  21. wonzo reading strange creepy manga: This is honestly the best vampire thing I've read in recent memory...
  22. Another collection of weird, different, unique one shots. It was a very interesting read. For News of Transformations. From dakkumauji.
  23. All in all it was a nice read, nothing outstanding but with a certain subtlety to its themes or at least the way the author presented them. For The Angel of Elhamburg. From Lain. (rev)
  24. I was expecting something more driven a la Chihayafuru but this turned out so much better than that. For March Comes in Like a Lion. From wonzo. (imp)
  25. Me think she play too much Ass Creed game For Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro.. From striferser. (at the bottom)
  26. Fuck it. It's yuri season, baby!
  27. Voynich Hotel is a series that is weird and quirky, with nonsense story and that somehow make sense happening on each chapter. For Voynich Hotel. From striferser. (rec)
  28. Pretty amusing, poor Hans, his peaceful days are over. For Chihoukichi Hans no Junan 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  29. An interesting take on dungeon crawling in that it puts far more emphasis on resource management, exploration, knowledge gathering and world building rather than waifus or shit. For Dungeon Meshi 01. From Zweizer. (imp)
  30. A fun little one-shot with a good mix of action, humor and fanservice, all served with Murata's usual great art. Yum~ For Gokiburi Buster (One-shot) by ONE and Murata Yusuke. From Zweizer.
  31. It's nice to read a yuri series that doesn't treat sex as the be all and end all of a relationship, bonus points for having actual adults as the focus. Will hunt down more of this author's stuff. For The Feelings We All Must Endure. From wonzo.
  32. It's just genuinely funny with a mix of genuine social anxiety but not Watamote-level crippling anxiety as it is normal person occasionally-confident occasionally-anxious relatively courageous... For Shinozaki-san ki o Ota Shika. From Jintor. (details)
  33. Collection of short stories that tackle on different topics, from coming of age stories, suicide, love, and others. For News of Transformations. From striferser. (imp)
  34. Girl who transfers a lot has never made a friend, so she's very desperate to experience this youth she has heard all about. For Seishun Note 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  35. This is definitely something. Something amazing? Probably. For Mahou Shoujo Ore 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  36. She always had problems with texting, so the boy in front of her suggests to start an exchange diary with her for practice. Cute one shot, that of course leads to relationship. It's pretty adorable. For Kozue-chan no Koukan Nikki. From dakkumauji.
  37. It's manga about a bunch of suicide victims on an island trying to survive. Never would have thought I would find a manga about survival that would involve suicide victims and it's really good. For Suicide Island. From dr labson.
  38. A beautiful girl going to an all-girl college hoping to find a man. she is broke and needs a place to stay. Through interesting mishaps she discovers she has a special ability... For Yuricam. From RockTurtle. (...)
  39. Fairly interesting. Nice to see something about strategists that's not all about Zhuge Liang. Nice art, good setting, fairly interested in seeing where this goes. For Ouja no Yuugi 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  40. Not a bad shoujo. Of course waiting for the shoujo antics to happen, but on the surface it's a nice read. For Kuchibiru ni Kimi no iro 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  41. Pretty amusing, I like how no nonsense the main character is. Takes no crap, just goes along with getting cat vampires, involved in a vampire war... For Servamp Vol 1. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  42. A sort of yuri-ish gag series centered around a normal girl and her craft maniac of a friend. For Craft Girl. From Zweizer. (imp)
  43. I can't believe it's over. One of the funniest manga I've ever read. For Sket Dance. From IceBringer. (rev)
  44. This is pretty good. I'm a sucker for altered perception concepts like Saya no Uta, so I have high hopes for this one. I hope it being based on a novel doesn't mean the manga's ending is a premature non-ending. For Qualia the Purple. From cosmicblizzard.
  45. Working in advertising seems rough. For Mosspaca Advertising Department. From dakkumauji.
  46. Usobuko about Imai Daisuke's new work Koto Koto - Yukichi no Koto.
  47. Cute, works well for a 4koma. For Komori-san wa Kotowarenai! 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  48. Excellent conclusion to the at times tragic life of J as he went through both series. For J no Subete. From Dedication Through Light. (rev)
  49. Who knew the number eight would be so interesting. For Number Call. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  50. Fluffy yuri story with some side stuff. It's kind of amazing. For Tamen De Gushi. From Droplet.
  51. Senpai sucks and she should choose childhood friend. For Suki ni Naranai yo, Senpai 01. From dakkumauji.
  52. It's funny, he's like the shoujo jerkass boy and shoujo defenseless girl all rolled up into one character. For Mikami-kun no Himitsu. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  53. This is some edgy shit. For Rengoku no Karma. From AquaWateria. (imp)
  54. So what happens when Dowman Sayman has free reign over Persona 3? For Kill Living Beings. From PK Gaming. (oh boy)
  55. An encounter with an out of the ordinary girl brings color into this ordinary guy. Cute one shot. Nice development between the two characters and a relationship is born~ For Clear Color. From dakkumauji.
  56. It's a concise, enjoyable mystery/romance story. For Haru no Houtai Shoujo. From phaze. (rev)
  57. Nickelodeon is funny, heartwarming, and macabre all at the same time, and somewhere in that twilight zone between all three, it's strangely insightful. For Nickelodeon. From Moonlight. (proper review)
  58. A collection of quirky, sometimes surreal short stories, some of them inspired by the author's travels, most of them centered on a plainly-drawn girl discovering the world, with a focus on marine biology. For Ashizuri Aquarium. From Zweizer. (rev)
  59. Supposedly this will get wacky so wonder how this will turn out. For Tsujiura-san to Chupacabra 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  60. I'm sort of glad CLAMP's continuing the story because I want to see if there will be a happy end for Watanuki and Syaoran. For xXxholic Rei and Tsubasa World Chronicle: Nirai Kanai. From Stulaw. (imp)
  61. Still has some of the charm of the one shot so lets see how this goes. For Urami Koi, Koi, Urami Koi 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  62. It's a hostile and merciless world, where one can easily be swept away by elements beyond their control, where one can be betrayed at any moment by their surroundings, where one's life can easily be in shambles due to others actions, yet one has to rely on others in order to survive. For Kokou no Hito. From Zweizer. (full blown review)
  63. Yotsuba is indeed weird but that's the best thing about this. For Yotsuba&! 01. From AquaWateria. (imp)
  64. Kinda like Nozaki-kun with nihilism. For Nietzsche-sensei - Konbini ni, Satori Sedai no Shinjin ga Maiorita. From MetroidPrimeRib. (imp)
  65. Not bad for a shoujooooo. For Watashi no Ookami-kun. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  66. Dexter comparison is apt but I can't say if it's good yet. For Aku no Kyouten Chapter 00. From Usobuko. (imp)
  67. Captures the style while having that manga look at the same time too. For iM@S Million Live. From Rhapsody. (imp)
  68. A crossover manga of Kamachi Kazuma's various works. For The Circumstances Leading to a Certain Magical Heavy Zashiki Warashi’s Simple Killer Princess's Marriage 01. From dumbyugi. (incomprehensible)
  69. What happens when a regular female japanese teacher gets taken over by the ghost of JIMMY HENDRIX!? For Shiori Experience. From RockTurtle.
  70. This is one of the best manga I've ever read. *tears up* It's just so beautiful. For Mushoku Tensei. From Furyous. (imp)
  71. Nice one-shot about an extremely unlucky, to the point of being a collateral hazard, protagonist who is also somehow immortal, and a zombie girl meeting and sharing their circumstances. For Unlucky Boy Undead Girl. From Zweizer. (rev)
  72. Heartwarming one-shot about a pair of twins with some slight dependency issues. For Futari no Mirai. From A Huge Battleship. (rev)
  73. Macabre, existential, and kind of lewd, Voynich Hotel is definitely one of the more... unique manga I've ever read, but it's nonetheless incredibly delightful. For The Voynich Hotel. From Moonlight. (imp) More waxing.
  74. Fun, the twist at the end made it interesting and fun. For Back to the Hero 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  75. Villager digs a spike trap and tries to bait monster with bacon. Monster hates bacon. Hero kills monster, goes for bacon, and dies. Its hard not to love bacon sometimes. For Yuusha ga Shinda! Murabito no Ore ga Hotta Otoshiana ni Yuusha ga Ochita Kekka. From _hekk05.
  76. A girl who wants to make friends but can't express it and a guy who doesn't want to make any friends. The start of this weird relationship. It's quirky. I like it. For Aoyama Tsukiko Desu 01. From dakkumauji.
  77. Time to read stuff like I was in middle school or something. For Fushigi Yuugi Byakko Ibun 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  78. Pretty cute one shot. For Kuuki-chan to Yankee-kun. From dakkumauji. (rev)
  79. I like it. Sounds generic, but the art's fine. For Satsui no Senki 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  80. A really nice one shot. It's done very subtlety, but it sets the mood just right and you can't help wanting to know about their past relationship and what the future might bring. For Melancholy World. From dakkumauji. (imp) Comment on the actual serialization.
  81. First chapter was as cheerful as the title suggests. Vive la France. For Les Miserables 01. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  82. Overall, this series has become one of my favorites, not only regarding light novels, but regarding all Japanese works that I've consumed over the years, and is currently my favorite work of fiction right now. For Mushoku Tensei (light novel). From Marche90. (FULL BLOWN REVIEW)
  83. Weird, at times nonsensical, but still quite fascinating tale with pretty grim tones. For The Laughing Vampire. From Lain. (rev)
  84. Bastards indeed. So cruelly NTR BakedYams could get a heart-stroke. For Yamato Nadeshiko by Flieger. From Lain.
  85. Nice setting, the characters are pretty nice. For Liselotte to Majo no Mori 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  86. This budding romance is cute, will keep reading. For Hapira Hajimaru 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  87. I expected to be entertained, but was surprised at the strength of the adaptation. For Persona 4 the manga. From Moonlight. (imp)
  88. swole moe hope the girl at the end likes being a goldfish for a while For Shin Chimoguri Ringo 01. From wonzo.
  89. It has some amusing parts. For Necro;Chronicle. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  90. A 4koma about a girl who emits electricity. It's shockingly not bad. For 100-man Vol no Kanojo. From dakkumauji.
  91. Shame there's only one volume, cause it would have been fun to have more Norse gods hijinks. For The Circumstances Leading to Waltraute's Marriage. From dakkumauji. (rev)
  92. Pretty compelling essay/artwork for the space arena of drawn works which sadly we get so few these days. For 2015: Space Series. From Dedication Through Light. (imp)
  93. Moonlight with detailed reviews for Horimiya and Tetsuwan Girl.
  94. A sad world where everyone suffers from spontaneous nosebleeds. For Seishun Scrap! 01. From dakkumauji.
  95. Decided to clear up some mangas in my backlog and I got to this one. Nice art, and nice humor. While I don't care for the fights much, I give props for the author going risque with some stuff. For AIKI Vol 1. From Tizoc.
  96. I don't know why but this reminds me of a Shonen version of Shamo. For Ultra Battle Satellite 01. From AquaWateria. (imp)
  97. Yuri smut about a workaholic office lady and her kouhai. Don't let your self be completely swallowed up by work, folks! For Mayonaka Yonaka no Accept by Ono Hiroki (NSFW). From Zweizer.

Jintor

Not surprised that it's hard to find, considering that it's still only modestly popular.

yeah i actually bought out the store's stock. i remembered seeing it in denden town but the odds of finding it in my locals was a lot smaller, I was just glad to find it.

if i'm reading this third volume banner... thing right, is it getting an anime?

random25

Natsu no Zenjitsu END

I don't know what to say to that...but it felt this is the best way to end this. Great manga and artwork. Worth the wait.

Zweizer

Banned
yeah i actually bought out the store's stock. i remembered seeing it in denden town but the odds of finding it in my locals was a lot smaller, I was just glad to find it.

if i'm reading this third volume banner... thing right, is it getting an anime?

I can't find anything about it (only know about a drama CD), but it'd be great if true.

Usobuko

Banned
Natsu no Zenjitsu [end]

I'm satisfied with the last chapter and conclusion. The ending was inevitable but at least there's some closure. While Akira is too good of a woman and deserves better, Tetsuo is too young mentally to properly sort out his emotions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom