• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean Uchiha are supposed to have perfect vision right? So I can see how a kid would think something was up.
Oh I agree, that Sarada could think there's something wrong with her lineage because she has myopia/astigmatism/whatever whereas Uchihas have perfect vision or because
she looks like Karin and nothing like Sakura. Not because she has the same glasses as another lady, lol.

Well there is popular theory that
Sarada have very powerful sharingan that she cannot control. So she have to wear that glasses that contain seal that control her sharingan.

Reason why Sarada have same glasses as Karin is because it is Karin glasses and she the one that put seal to the glasses

Or it is because
Karin is the glasses that seal Sarada's sharingan.

OR SARADA IS KARIN

kTVEdZK.png

- Writes to his best friend frequently to the point he can tell when his personal birdy is here.
- Maybe in position of a phone and can therefore call him and talk to him quicker.
- He also has other ways he can contact him whenever he gets the opportunity because of all the new technology.
- Doesn't even try using any of it so he contact his daughter and check in if she's doing okay.
- For 12 years.

Sasuga Sasuke.

It's almost like Kishi is trying to make him beat out Goku as a terrible father.

- Writes to his best friend frequently to the point he can tell when his personal birdy is here.
- Maybe in position of a phone and can therefore call him and talk to him quicker.
- He also has other ways he can contact him whenever he gets the opportunity because of all the new technology.
- Doesn't even try using any of it so he contact his daughter and check in if she's doing okay.
- For 12 years.

Sasuga Sasuke.

It's almost like Kishi is trying to make him beat out Goku as a terrible father.

This plus the bleach chapter really made my day today. You can't make this stuff up. It's just too good.

Arabesque

Shokugeki 117 spoilers are total hype.

Suddenly, the timing for the "Who's going to be the 1st Seat?!" poll now makes sense ...

From the looks of it the bottom 5 of the Elite 10 had gathered to start the final event of the first year. I presume so they can select from the top 8 who will succeed them once they move on to the higher ranks, but I suspect given who were in the poll we will also get to see the people from the preliminaries as well.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Suddenly, the timing for the "Who's going to be the 1st Seat?!" poll now makes sense ...

From the looks of it the bottom 5 of the Elite 10 had gathered to start the final event of the first year. I presume so they can select from the top 8 who will succeed them once they move on to the higher ranks, but I suspect given who were in the poll we will also get to see the people from the preliminaries as well.

I'm surprised Eizan being angry at Soma just went nowhere.

bobohoro

Oyasumi Punpun Vol 7&8 powered by Corrupted - El Mundo Frio

It's not a manga you read to escape from reality, it's a manga you read to fight reality!

Looking back, my choice of music anticipated a way darker turn of events. The aimless strolling through the late teens, the passive unproductive floating and the feeling that time passes without you was really well executed and relatable. They were two rather melancholic volumes with a shade of blue. And the whole relationship with Sachi is really well done, undertow of self manipulation, past love intereferenace and all. You just know the second Punpun feels a slight big of happiness and hope, that he will not achieve it and everything will come crashing down once the past catches up with him fully.

Nordicus

Mahou Tsukai no Yome 18

Dis flippin' manga!
I loved hearing Elias tell us what his own attitude was when he bought Chise, and the moment when the old dragon told Chise to "stop worrying about the sky falling on your head" regarding Elias.

The spirit of a legendary creature living in your staff is right, Chise. Stop worrying and pounce on Elias like an attention-seeking kitty and ask questions until your throat gets sore

Arabesque

I'm surprised Eizan being angry at Soma just went nowhere.

The way it went down in story, the whole thing with Eizan's ploy to bring Soma down ended up being centred around Mimasaka's Shokugeki and the implication he was the one who arranged for Soma to go up against Alice in the Quarter Finals. Turns out that Eizan himself couldn't really do much to actively bring Soma down, so he just tried to do it in this half-assed manner that ended up powering up Soma even more. It was just sort of weak after Eizan's declaration of bringing Soma down during the tournament, but I suppose given Isshiki's speach Eizan is meant to be sort of a pathetic character.

(The strange thing about it is that Isshiki decided to not interfere with Eizan's scheme at any point, but I guess he just had enough faith in Soma and Eizan wasn't really doing anything "wrong")

From a story telling perspective, Eizan getting angry at Soma was always an excuse just to set him up as the replacement "Person Who Is Trying To Get Soma Expelled from Totauki" (trademark) for the tournament arc and being maybe a long term, genuine antagonist for Soma to go up against. We used to have Erina in that role, but obviously the writer realised that wouldn't be good development for her so in came Eizan (and Erina got ignored for 60+ chapters).

Arabesque

Does 2 weeks count as a time skip lol?

I'm sure the new Soma arc will be good. There hasn't been a bad one thus far and the mangaka seem to know where they are doing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach

Lilica, Nel and Inoue together? Isn't that Ichigo's entire harem?

Angry Grimace

Hopefully this new Soma Arc is interesting (especially with that small time skip)

That "time skip" was just like 1 week of Soma at some inconsequential restaurant.

The way it went down in story, the whole thing with Eizan's ploy to bring Soma down ended up being centred around Mimasaka's Shokugeki and the implication he was the one who arranged for Soma to go up against Alice in the Quarter Finals. Turns out that Eizan himself couldn't really do much to actively bring Soma down, so he just tried to do it in this half-assed manner that ended up powering up Soma even more. It was just sort of weak after Eizan's declaration of bringing Soma down during the tournament, but I suppose given Isshiki's speach Eizan is meant to be sort of a pathetic character.

(The strange thing about it is that Isshiki decided to not interfere with Eizan's scheme at any point, but I guess he just had enough faith in Soma and Eizan wasn't really doing anything "wrong")

From a story telling perspective, Eizan getting angry at Soma was always an excuse just to set him up as the replacement "Person Who Is Trying To Get Soma Expelled from Totauki" (trademark) for the tournament arc and being maybe a long term, genuine antagonist for Soma to go up against. We used to have Erina in that role, but obviously the writer realised that wouldn't be good development for her so in came Eizan (and Erina got ignored for 60+ chapters).

I suppose Isshiki doesn't really need to try and stop Eizan since for the most part, its Soma's job to defeat Alice/Mimisaka regardless of how it happened. Its not like Eizan really did anything other than give him a strong opponent. From Isshiki's perspective, if Soma couldn't beat 'em, then fuck 'em.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
what happened

somebody hold me

I actually don't read Teppu but I want in on this collective grief because it had female protagonists

Angry Grimace

YFjVF0u.png

AZ24myd.png

And I reminded yet again that Kubo can make a pretty good chapter whenever the comedy aspect of Bleach pops up.

Kubo to follow up Bleach with a romcom

That turns into a fighting series

That turns into nonsense

Was alright.

But I can't help but feel like this is one of those rare moments when OP is the weakest chapter of the 3.

Which I didn't think I would experience again after Naruto ended.

Was alright.

But I can't help but feel like this is one of those rare moments when OP is the weakest chapter of the 3.

Which I didn't think I would experience again after Naruto ended.

But Naruto was shit, and Bleach was largely nothing other than old characters showing up (some of whom were godawful like the fullbringers) which knowing Bleach is still unlikely to amount to anything. Like, I love how they're still trying to use a plan to ambush the guy with bullshit allseeing eyes LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom