• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taboo-Tattoo 35
AJ919vv.png
RIP Tama-chan. The gaps are making me lose track of what's happening slightly, but providing there're bodies and princess and princess bodies next chapter then the rest is secondary.

Tokyo Ghoul:re 30

Damn Seidou went Kakuja mode, Aogiri must of screwed him up really bad. Anyways I wonder if anything he said during his madness has any significant meaning to what had happened to him during his time in Aogiri. It seems Seidou is a successful Half Ghoul experiment. I wonder if they have any failures.

We may have a Kakuja vs Kakuja battle incoming unless someone interrupts.

Zweizer

Banned
Himouto! Umaru-chan ch102

We got one at home too. It's pretty awesome.

Genshiken Nidaime ch111

This counts as a confession, right?

I don't think the top 5 are going to be that important since they're all third years. I'm guessing in Year 2 they clear out and a lot of the guys we already know move into the lower spots and we see Soma/Tadokoro/Takumi fighting with the remaining people.

Oh nice, Im glad you consider Taku having a fighting chance. Soma and his rival making it all the way would be so good.

I dont see Tadokoro making it though. I think, of the girls from Soma's dorm, only the hunting girl stands a chance.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Lady Justice

Someone translated this.
Could have been a decent series without the fanservice jokes. I mean, the Western Comic influence is obvious (Oh hai Stan Lee) but it's like the writer read Medaka Box and said "I CAN DO THAT!"

Still, nothing much worse than Soma. Surely it would have been okay for Viz to inclu- *sees color page for Chapter 2* ... Fuck.

Evergreen 1-23 END Only reason I kept reading is because it's from the same author as Toradora and Golden Time and it was mostly boring until the twist. Then I was like wtf? The signs were there but I didn't see it coming -- probably because of the long release between chapters making me forget about certain hints. I didn't expect one of the characters to adapt a brand new personality after the twist, and I guess the ending is ok. Just felt somewhat rushed and forced to a resolution due to nature. My least favorite Takemiya Yuyuko story.

Food Wars 119
CF5gN_JW0AAsFa0.png

I love the way Kuga talks (and looks in the above panel). Unlike the other folks who seem to want to place themselves on some pedestal or act like things is a waste of time, he takes the time to help these first years out and inspire them. Additionally he stands his ground against his senpai, who rudely make fun of him.Though I hope it isnt the writer really suggesting that he would end up being one of the E10 someone will challenge and take their spot. Though they are spending so much time giving him lovely speaking lines and such that I doubt he will be one to be defeated. The others look like they will easily be defeated when challenged.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
There is the next thread title.
Agreed.

Bonnouji author has a new series? Will definitely look into it afterwards!
Wait, the Bonnouji author has a new manga?
Yes, and it's about a society in which being good at Magic: The Gathering corresponds to your stature in life, and it follows a female
villainous
protagonist.

This is perhaps the best post I've read in awhile.
I'd say this post gives it a run for its money.

bigkrev

Wizard's Soul ~Holy War of Love~ 1-2
CF5XnimW8AAKFmB.jpg

A nice combo of CCG and Romance. The fantastical aspect of the story doesn't come from mysterious powers or anything, just how insane the world is over the game (You get a boost to your GPA for having the most Pro Points each year in school, for example). As it's just a re-skin of Magic, it's pretty easy to understand what is going on in each game, though I would think that not understanding how, say, a Draw-go deck works might lead to some confusion.

Fun series, looking forward to more.

Usobuko

Banned
The Breaker New Waves Chapter 180-200 ( END )

Draggy and overstay its welcome. I find it hard to muster any interest for season 3.

mdubs

Banned
Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club Ch. 3

I think I love this series. The main pair is just so darn endearing

Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet 01

XYQdIubl.png

A poor girl is driven out of her home due to her father's debts. She becomes a stay-in housekeeper for a writer and starts a new life.

Another good female lead series. Doesn't feel all too special, but nothing completely terrible in here either. Good readable shoujo.

Koi Inu 00-01

yLfgggNl.png

Childhood friends reunited after 10 years apart, of course not everything's the same as it was before.

The guy's pretty dense.

Kieli

Because he's only a second year, probably.

I think it's more that each year has their batch of "transcendental" talents. So these individuals will pretty much take up the 10 seats regardless of years.

About 5 such talents per year explains the current composition and how I expect Soma's year to have about 4 - 5 (including Erina) taking up the 10 seats after 1st year is over. Not sure if current 2nd years will move up to become 1st, 2nd, 3rd seaters and so on.

Also need to see rank 1 do at least one Shokugeki, pleaaaase.

kasane

Yasashii Sekai no Tsukurikata 23

shut it down

alice is the best girl

edit: fuck shes married. Actually that makes her 10 times better. actually no shes married to that leon douche

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Online the manga.

The art is good.

The storyline is interesting.

But really now, must the author includes flirting/fluff in every single page? I am at extreme sugar overdose reading this thing.

Kurohime v16

Damn it's good... This is one of the best love story I've ever read.
But I feel like there are not many people who really liked this manga :(

Zweizer

Banned
Genshiken Nidaime 111

I am quite surprised this is actually hinting at a Hato end.

He got the biggest amount of screentime and development so it's not too surprising, really.

I actually read it right after I replied to the question.

...I've honestly no words. It's definitely not the same kind of "feel bad" story that the yandere fox girl one was.

The yandere genre is surprisingly vast and versatile~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom