• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieli

What makes it worse is how out of all the girls Marika is the one who makes it sooooooo painfully obvious that even a dog could understand. Why am I even comparing Raku to a dog when a dog is superior to him in anyway. Poor Marika she's better off with someone else instead of this shithead.

Nobody wants Marika. She'll grow up to become a cranky, spiteful old spinster.

Arabesque

tosh's comment in this week's jump makes me think the Soma squid dishes are going to make a come back soon

24uxBNK.jpg

Full Author comments

The Oda and Ashihara ones are a bit bittersweet.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Unfortunately, the story already had a squid ink dish (Nao, the witch), or else he could incorporate a Splatoon reference in a future shokugeki.

bobohoro

I'm so sorry.

Why would you do this to yourself.

what'swrongwithyou.gif
lol

You people sure know how to kick a grounded man.
But what is done is done. And what has to be read has to be read. Or something like that. At least then I can start on Fuuka.
Like that's good, right?
:/

I will you keep you folks updated on the latest happenings, which right now is:

KNIM 11-15

At least it moves at a fast pace. But it's kinda hard getting into it if everyone just likes someone for no reason, confessions take place after the fifth sentence spoken and noone wants to answer at all. And Yuzuki has do be one of the worst female leads in terms of making a first impression on the reader.

Zweizer

Banned
tosh's comment in this week's jump makes me think the Soma squid dishes are going to make a come back soon

Splatoon doujinshi incoming?

You people sure know how to kick a grounded man.
But what is done is done. And what has to be read has to be read. Or something like that. At least then I can start on Fuuka.
Like that's good, right?
:/

I will you keep you folks updated on the latest happenings, which right now is:

KNIM 11-15

At least it moves at a fast pace. But it's kinda hard getting into it if everyone just likes someone for no reason, confessions take place after the fifth sentence spoken and noone wants to answer at all. And Yuzuki has do be one of the worst female leads in terms of making a first impression on the reader.

Well, we'll be enjoying your impressions then!

(Paging Costi-kun.)

Lain

KNIM 11-15

I thought Yuzuki was alright personally. Her trolling antics even raise her worth.

D-Gray Man Vol 9

This was a really satisfying Vol. All the Noah's are gathered including a shitload of Akuma that morphed together. Road is duplicating the Arc which the Noah need to travel with. I have to say I really love Earl's funny nature. He looks hilarious but at the same time he provides this threatening aura around him. Anyways Lavi is fighting head on with Tykki, Crowley and Bookman are fighting against the morphed Akuma with Chomesuke, and it seems Jasdevi are heading out to track General Cross.

On Allen's side he seems to have finally activited his true Innocence after realizing his purpose of saving both Humans and Akumas. The Crowned Clown activation was brilliant, plus I really love the design. I really did love his speech about how one hand is for Humans and other is for Akumas. Also thank god Fo and Bak didn't fade away, I really did like there moment together. I also liked Fo's interaction with Allen. It seems Allen is heading out for Edo through the Arc's portal. Finally it seems Kanda and his crew are in Edo as well.

The art in this Vol was splendid. I just loved how vivid and twisted the atmosphere was presented. It reminds me of the movie Nightmare Before Christmas with the way the scenes look.

I really love how threatening these Level 3 Akumas look. Their designs are godly and their proportions look twisted in a way which adds to their threatening look.

World Trigger 103

Just a summary chapter of the overall battle. B-rank #1 seems like an ass, but he isn't wrong in his analysis of how limited both Osamu and Chika are. Osamu's slight depression at the end will probably either be a turning point for him to get better, or try too hard and fail.

Full Author comments

The Oda and Ashihara ones are a bit bittersweet.

lol, I originally thought Oda meant it was priceless because he would never have to see Naruto again.

I read Dr. Doom in Horikoshi's as Dr. Boom. I can't escape.

HwSko3M.gif

D-Gray Man Vol 9

This was a really satisfying Vol. All the Noah's are gathered including a shitload of Akuma that morphed together. Road is duplicating the Arc which the Noah need to travel with. I have to say I really love Earl's funny nature. He looks hilarious but at the same time he provides this threatening aura around him. Anyways Lavi is fighting head on with Tykki, Crowley and Bookman are fighting against the morphed Akuma with Chomesuke, and it seems Jasdevi are heading out to track General Cross.

On Allen's side he seems to have finally activited his true Innocence after realizing his purpose of saving both Humans and Akumas. The Crowned Clown activation was brilliant, plus I really love the design. I really did love his speech about how one hand is for Humans and other is for Akumas. Also thank god Fo and Bak didn't fade away, I really did like there moment together. I also liked Fo's interaction with Allen. It seems Allen is heading out for Edo through the Arc's portal. Finally it seems Kanda and his crew are in Edo as well.

The art in this Vol was splendid. I just loved how vivid and twisted the atmosphere was presented. It reminds me of the movie Nightmare Before Christmas with the way the scenes look.

I really love how threatening these Level 3 Akumas look. Their designs are godly and their proportions look twisted in a way which adds to their threatening look.

I didnt realize this was the artist that did Valvrave character designs until a previous discussion in another thread brought up the D Grayman artist. Praying this same character designer can get involved with doing JJBA character designs. It would be a huge improvement over what we currently have.

Devilyman 1

Good start for the new jump series. Though it has a pretty vain and immoral message behind it, it is still comical and entertaining. The seven year old Aeru could be a bit older for the sake of fandom stuff, but otherwise I like his personality and having a darkish type of lead. I wish to know what his goal is, perhaps the writer will elucidate the premise in the upcoming chapters. Will keep reading.

bobohoro

I thought Yuzuki was alright personally. Her trolling antics even raise her worth.

Maybe I'm just not there yet, but for the first couple of chapters she just seemed totally random. Like a different character every time, trying out stuff to see what could be used for a female lead. That's fine in oneshots and stuff, but if you're starting off a big serialization I'd think you should have a tighter grip on your characterisation from the beginning.

But I think my expectations in terms of quality might be a tad misguided with regards to this particular author. :O

KNIM 16-20

Random confession. Missunderstanding. Big sis that's probably totally gonna take sides and some mysterious photograph of the past, because that just has to be in there somehow. It's a mystery to me how everyone just seems to forget their childhood friends so fast and easily, names and all.

One Piece 787

Well thankfully Zoro is smart and actually challenged the cage. I like the pushing it back idea and the thinking that it being impossible when its powered by one man is not smart.

Team ASL forever, Sabo is a great Flame Fist.

Rhapsody

Banned
Sometimes I have to explain to people that having sisters IRL isn't actually anything like Oreimo

This is what my one friend said as well lol. Speaking of which, one of the best sisters is the one in Oregairu.

Not incest bait, and she's pretty much a bro to the MC.

Nisekoi 171

Could have at least gave Ichijo a panel on his own with that ugly shirt off. The best moment was ruined because he was carrying her on his back :/

Resolved a bit too fast. Free! remains series with the best stranded type of event.

I didnt realize this was the artist that did Valvrave character designs until a previous discussion in another thread brought up the D Grayman artist. Praying this same character designer can get involved with doing JJBA character designs. It would be a huge improvement over what we currently have.

I really like her Tyki design. For a villain he has one hell of a great looking design. Plus I love her female designs as well, my favorite being Lenalee.

Hoshino definitely has one of the best character designs. I really like each and every character's design. Though I don't know if changing the designs for JJBA would be a good idea.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Wait, Devilyman? Isn't that really, really close to Nagai's Devilman? What's with that?

It is.
Though Devilyman is a comedy manga about a down on his luck devil and an evil 7 year old kid.
It kind of reminded me of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.

Devilman is an action/horror series.

bobohoro

KNIM 21-30

I already had the feeling, but Haruto is a surprisingly decent guy if he isn't being dumb and hot-headed. It's kinda a shame that he probably has to forcefully hook-up with most girls, create unnecessary missunderstandings and play the main role in lots of stupid drama, being the MC and all, because he actually has some potential.

That said, he should go for Rin. That girl's bananas, makes her eyes look intense when she goes into bro-complex rage mode, the first instance of awesome in the manga up until now. I suppose I can look forward to some mental tormenting stuff, maybe a catfight even!

Edit: And one chapter later everything is resolved. Like, one year of deep hatred just going kaboom with a little chat over dinner. The heck?

sasuke_91

I have a question concerning 21st Century Boys. I love 20thCB, it's one of the best manga I ever read. There's one quote in 21st Century Boys Chapter 8 though that actually really disappointed me.
Kenji told Kanna that she didn't turn out the way he hoped for. Like... what the heck? She puts her life on the line trying to save humanity while you were wandering around the world for 15 years and that's what you tell her after not having seen her for 18 years? Are you serious?
All in all, I hoped for a few more Kanna/Kenji, Kanna/Kiriko moments in 21st Century Boys. It's definitely inferior to 20th Century Boys, and not only because it's 2 volumes short. I'm just glad it revealed friend no. 2's true identity :p

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't think the top 5 are going to be that important since they're all third years. I'm guessing in Year 2 they clear out and a lot of the guys we already know move into the lower spots and we see Soma/Tadokoro/Takumi fighting with the remaining people.

bobohoro

You realize you could be reading something actually good like Wizard's Soul ~Holy War of Love~ by the Bonnouji dude instead, right?

You people aren't helping me here.

Bonnouji author has a new series? Will definitely look into it afterwards!

KNIM 31-45

Hey, this first arc (I guess?) actually concluded rather well. Rin hit the nail on the head with her rant about safety nets, It was also kinda silly for Kanzaki to spout off some nonsense about having Haruto for herself and one chapter later just kinda giving up. She never really seemed sincere, or serious, about this whole thing.

Kinda surprised that I ended up enjoying these few chapters, expected worse. Guess I'll leave it at that for my first day.

Edit: KNIM 46-51

I just had to read on, didn't I?
At least now all the positive thoughts I had about the series are gone again. This is so dumb.
I mean, Haruto pretty much just gets shoved around by two girls and the author of his story, the poor boy. His circumstances leave him in rather unfortunate situations, sure Kanzaki has the right to be annoyed and a bit jealous, but he only chose Yuzuki in situations when she was in danger. He actively wanted to go to the festival with Kanzaki, spend most of the time at the beach with her and so on. And now making him actually fall for Yuzuki is just dumb, that is not the feeling I got from the story up until now, at all. And Yuzuki going back home doesn't make any sense either. Heck, her reason for leaving home were already stupid (and solved within a couple of hours), so this just makes the whole situation even dumber. Naturally, now she suddenly doesn't want to return Haruto's feelings either, 'cause lulz or something.

The manga finally showed its true colours, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom