• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shengar

I want to watch Shokugeki no Soma anime, but seeing the unnecessary upgrade they make on some characters, I rather stick to the manga.

Zweizer

Banned
Minamoto-kun Monogatari ch164

Boo.

Maga Tsuki ch47

The date was a success!

I hope that last page will lead to something more substantial.

bobohoro

It's not too late to turn back!

I will see things through when I start them, no matter how painful they get!

KNIM 52-60

Every chapter another missunderstanding. Plain girl falling in love within 2 days and thinking Haruto was liking her was pretty dumb. The whole confess-before-she-leaves thingy also felt weird. I mean, Yuzuki came to live with him with the intention of making Haruto fall for her and after some months, when she finally succeeds, she just drops it completely and flirts around with another guy she was wary of just weeks before? And then she waits until the day she leaves to return his feelings and start a long-distance relationship? That will totally work out right? And all those months before, when they could have been a couple, they'd rather live together with akward feelings and mope around.

This is dumb.

I need this Senyuu
CF69b-HUoAAB6gj.jpg

Nordicus

Bird Cafe 4

Awwwww

Also, I've been skimreading Girl May Kill, reading a few pages whenever a new chapter comes out, and chapter 22 had some... interesting development.

First, Mei, the girl that Gohongi's been taking care of in this criminal town, gets "family-zoned", and Mei has a background with the mafia and has killed people before in cold blood. She's not happy with this. Though instead of going yandere, she gets desperate in another way...
You dun fucked up Gohongi, you should not have slept with that traumatized woman few chapters ago! I mean, there are multiple reasons why, but now on top of it all, Mei's seen what an adult relationship looks like and will not be happy if not treated the same!

bobohoro

KNIM 61-71

So the long-distance relationship lasted less than 10 chapters. And instead of talking it out, Yuzuki just cut all contact to everyone. Sure, that's totally the best way to end it, especially considering they regarded each other as close as family and were lovers in the end that really seemed into each other. And with Haruto maybe moving to Tokyo in a couple of years, you'd think they might at least remain as friends and meet up afterwards.

But that's gonna happen anyway, and it's gonna be dramatic and full of missunderstandings. I bet. And now Nanami finally has no obstacles in her path and can go all out. Of course the timing is a bit iffy now, but who cares, that just means more blatant setups for drama later down the road. I await the day this manga has a relationship, or even feelings, that last longer than 5 chapters and aren't plagued by obvious bad-luck-situations every other panel.

But I guess that would be too much to ask for, right?

Edit: 72-80

Of course something dramatic happened to Yuzuki. And Nanami went from love to support in the span of one chapter. And I guess the matter in Tokyo will be resolved in the same speed and Haruto is back in Hiroshima before chapter 100 or something. Or not. The kiss from Akari also was kinda weird, can't they just be childhood friends without this stuff? Will probably go nowhere anyway.

I'd actually have a pretty big laugh if everything in the letter was true and Yuzuki really was just hooking up with someone and dumped Haruto. His overreaction of actually moving to Tokyo would be even more silly then.

Edit2: 81-88

Stalker-kun getting rejected again. Of course, this won't be the last time. Also nicely triggering a death-flag for his new best friend. Well done boy!

89-90

Yooooooooo. More death-flags.
I guess.

Lain

^^
Bueno,jpg

Sunstone volume 2

Received this yesterday. A quick read shows it to be just as good as the first volume, with Allyson opening up to Lisa about how she got into BDSM and later on about her past scars.
Best part of the printed version is getting some info from the author, like seeing some of the redraws done to fix the errors in the webcomic art and keep the artstyle closer to how he draws now. I'd say that the art improved a lot and it's nice that he went back and redid stuff, as well as adding scenes etc.

My only complaint is that my volume came with a couple pages ruined by some stuff that dropped on them probably when in print. I'll have to find a second copy down the line.

BLack CLover 14

I thought both were actually going to charge toward the treasure and not worry about Luck and megane kun but to have the friendship message come up was pleasant and surprising. Loved their promise to each other back in the day about their bond thats closer than friendship and also about getting many more friends. To come from such a small village the value in bonds being so high is a expected. Love the execution, and all the high powered attacks.

King's Game Origin 23

Well the way out of this would be to find whoever is writing the letter instead of playing tag for 24 hours. Also how will they kill. I have trouble seeing how Kazunari will kill someone.

Can you recommend me some good seinen romance manga ? Something with no harem, where I can see the evolution of one relationship. I don't mind ecchi stuff but not too much :p

Here is my manga list : http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Raikyn (it's not really up to date, I've finished a lot of manga from the "reading" list )

I don't think I've read them all, but I can't seem to find new ones that suit my taste :/

Thanks.

Zweizer

Banned
Can you recommend me some good seinen romance manga ? Something with no harem, where I can see the evolution of one relationship. I don't mind ecchi stuff but not too much :p

Here is my manga list : http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Raikyn (it's not really up to date, I've finished a lot of manga from the "reading" list )

I don't think I've read them all, but I can't seem to find new ones that suit my taste :/

Thanks.

Read Solanin, Goodnight Punpun and Boys on the Run.

I guarantee you a good time~

(Then read Molester Man.)

Usobuko

Banned

Thanks.

I like what Zweizer recommends and Natsu no Zenjitsu. They are not harem but I'm not sure if they are your cup of tea.

Edit: Wait, you read that already.

Read Solanin, Goodnight Punpun and Boys on the Run.

I guarantee you a good time~

(Then read Molester Man.)

Thanks, I'll start right away with Solanin, it looks like what I wanted :p

I like what Zweizer's recommend and Natsu no Zenjitsu. They are not harem but I'm not sure if they are your cup of tea.

Edit: Wait, you read that already.

Yea I've read this manga, great stuff btw :p

Thanks both of you!

bobohoro

Thanks.

I agree with Zweizer's recommendations.

Additionally you could look into:
  • Onani Master Kurosawa
  • Hoshi No Samidere
  • Melo Holic
  • Densha Otoko
  • Sundome
  • Nana To Kaoru

That's a quick list that might fit.

To Love-Ru Darkness 55

It's kinda ironic that a kiss would be this big event in a story where every chapter is consisten of halfnaked dry-humping. I would have liked some sort of advancement, either more jealousy of Momo or a real confession, but well, it's okay.

bobohoro

And here we go again:

KNIM 91-101

Well damn, I actually liked Kazama and their friendship, was the first genuine relationship in the whole manga I felt. His death came as no surprise after Haruto triggered every possible flag, worked hard to get his rival offed. Now it's back to feeling akward for both Haruto and Yuzuki. But why does he like her again? I mean, she came crashing at his place because of dumb family issues, got passive once she made him fall in love, held him off a few months just to start a long-distance relationship with half-assed feeling and breaks it off after a short while for another guy with a couple of easily seen through lies. All the while keeping Haruto at arms length and playing the tragic heroine, never really thinking about him and his feelings. And now, when he lost the love war due to his rival dying, something he will probably never make up again, she tells him to get lost, knowing full well that that's something he will never do.

Yuzuki is a pretty evil villain.

Kiyomi (I think?) was pretty awesome however, hope she gets some involvement later down the road.

Keijo 33

Titty slap for distraction! That was a nice battle, didn't quite expect the outcome, cross counter and all.

bobohoro

You're wasting time trying to find logic in Rage Town.

I just read ch. 109 (where Asuka/Haturo tell Kazama's grave they are dating) and think that, if the series ended now, it would actually be kinda decent. If it would have started with the transfer to Tokyo, even with keeping the Yuzuki backstory, there would've been some decent characters (mainly Kazama/Asuka/Haruto) and somewhat believable plot developments. The baggage that is Nanami/Akari would've not existed and Yuzuki didn't have to be main girl, so their resolution to not see each other again could go through.

But of course I still have another 150 chapters to go and we can't have Haruto lead a stable and happy love life now, can we?

KNIM 102-110

We in college now, that was quick. For all the girls he had falling for him, the cohabition and other stuff, Haruto stayed surprisingly pure I'd say.
And it's totally not weird that everyone ended up in the same college.
Nope.

I can't believe people still read TLR in 2015.

It was fun and somewhat refreshing but I've lost interest in the sequel. Maybe I'll try it out again someday...

I agree with Zweizer's recommendations.

Additionally you could look into:
  • Onani Master Kurosawa
  • Hoshi No Samidere
  • Melo Holic
  • Densha Otoko
  • Sundome
  • Nana To Kaoru

That's a quick list that might fit.

Thanks for the recommendation, but I feel like it's a bit too much centered around sexual relationships (well ok I asked for seinen :p)

bobohoro

Being monthly helps. Having no real plot as well. Having lots of bare plot too.

Thanks for the recommendation, but I feel like it's a bit too much centered around sexual relationships (well ok I asked for seinen :p)

The only one were that really is a central element is Nana To Kaoru (and Sundome to a degree), the others are less lewd and focus more on the psychological side of things (Kurosawa), have a good action plot (Hoshi No Samidere) or are straight up romance (Densha Otoko). Melo Holic is pretty much a mix of all those things.

I don't just recommend kinky stuff, I'm no Zweizer~!

KNIM 111-120

What am I even doing with my time today. Ah well. At least we get some nice relationship moments with Asuka. The Amaya side plot was already a thing of great stupidity, but got dropped fast and without much drama. But of course Yuzuki is back and wants to keep in touch to fuck everything up, I'd guess. I still don't understand the need to have all the old characters suddenly be in college together and not really contributing anything at all.

Overall Asuka already seems to run out of character potential. She's the nice, trusting girl that should definitely win. If it's a short series. Getting the MC halfway through is just a big heartbreak flag, having the MC proclaim his deep love in a silent moment even more. I predict a breakup (or cheating with Yuzuki) in the next 30 chapters.

VRMN

It's garbage, but it's entertainingly so. The softcore with high school girls thing is definitely true, without any of the limiters the first series being in Jump placed on it, but honestly why I can stand it comes down to Momo. The twist of the no chance girl actively trying to create one through a harem end is a good one for the genre.

But it is getting old and Momo realizing slowly that she doesn't want to share was predictable. Like most series in this style, they ran out of plot, spent the big event, and have been coasting for a while.

Sekitsui House 2
This is now my favourite manga I've picked up in 2015. Douman Seiman esque zaniness + glorious character designs + spines = Please let me win the lottery. Tragically it's already ended at 19 chapters, so I might hold fire on reading further until it's fully released.

Yandere's Collection 164

RIP everyone within a 5 mile radius. Also sports girl is clearly a despicable adulterer.

Zweizer

Banned
Keijo 33

And its funny this manga is the only thing having me on the edge on my seat currently and wanting the next chapter like now LOL

Confirmation that Keijo is the best shonen currently running?

I don't just recommend kinky stuff, I'm no Zweizer~!

After Charade, am I going to dethrone Lain as well?

(But yeah, do read Nana to Kaoru and OMK. They're more interesting than what their premise might entail.)

Ikamusume x Splatoon

One illustration in Famitsu as well: https://twitter.com/asakura03/status/603206584890564608

Splatoon is getting a lot of attention, huh. What are the odds for there be some Ikamusume DLC in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom