• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFO Guard 01

T3OxTHN.png

suddenly having horse face makes all the shoujo moments just amazing

Did nobody post the Prison School anime details?

PV

Hiroshi Kamiya - Kiyoshi
Katsuyuki Konishi - Gakuto
Suzumura Kenichi - Shingo
Namikawa Daisuke - Joe
Kazuyuki Okitsu - Andre

Mari - Sayaka Ohara
Meiko - Shizuka Ito
Hana - Kana Hanazawa

Director - Tsutomu Mizushima
Studio - JC Staff

Nightbird

PV

Hiroshi Kamiya - Kiyoshi
Namikawa Daisuke - Joe
Kazuyuki Okitsu - Andre

Mari - Sayaka Ohara
Meiko - Shizuka Ito
Hana - Kana Hanazawa

Studio - JC Staff

was going to post that

the PV looked soo good already, can't wait fot the anime to start

Rhapsody

Banned

PV

Hiroshi Kamiya - Kiyoshi
Namikawa Daisuke - Joe
Kazuyuki Okitsu - Andre

Mari - Sayaka Ohara
Meiko - Shizuka Ito
Hana - Kana Hanazawa

Studio - JC Staff

JC Staff... huh. IIRC this was one of the better directors? Hope it turns out fine.

Lain

PV

Hiroshi Kamiya - Kiyoshi
Namikawa Daisuke - Joe
Kazuyuki Okitsu - Andre

Mari - Sayaka Ohara
Meiko - Shizuka Ito
Hana - Kana Hanazawa

Studio - JC Staff

JC Staff, fuck yeah! This is gonna be awesome.

Rhapsody

Banned
Fuuka 63

:/ Hurry up and get past all this. I want to see the band progressed.

Was also hoping for his bathroom breaks was him walking away and talking to Fuuka for courage or something. But nope.

dani_dc

Domestic na Kanojo 51

Oh, here comes the attempt rape scene =/
I hope attempt is all it will be anyway.

Not looking forward for the next chapter.

As a side note, Hina is an idiot if she thinks breaking with Natsu would somehow make things go back to before, it's way too late for that.

PV

Hiroshi Kamiya - Kiyoshi
Namikawa Daisuke - Joe
Kazuyuki Okitsu - Andre

Mari - Sayaka Ohara
Meiko - Shizuka Ito
Hana - Kana Hanazawa

Studio - JC Staff

The CG chairman at the start scared me off, hopefully the rest of the PV is a better representation from the adaptation.

Himegoto - Juukyuusai no Seifuku 4-23

Feel like the tomboy is slowly getting cuter and cuter every chapter. That might be on purpose though

That is something she wishes for, so I don't think it's a coincidence.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

PV

Hiroshi Kamiya - Kiyoshi
Namikawa Daisuke - Joe
Kazuyuki Okitsu - Andre

Mari - Sayaka Ohara
Meiko - Shizuka Ito
Hana - Kana Hanazawa

Studio - JC Staff

Recently rewatch Yondemasu Azazel-san, and i was thinking, this guy will do well directing prison school. Hell yeah!

Shiori Experience 4

Lucky principal, a photo together with the legendary Jimi Hendrix? I'm jelly

World's End Sabotage

Litting a cigarette using asteroid and a girl who have a lizard as a boyfriend. It's Dowman Sayman alright.

A Method to Make the Gentle World 24

Oh shit, cat out of the bag now.

bobohoro

Domestic na Kanojo 51

Al, no, what are you doing. Also waiting for Al to bring up if she and Natuso really had sex while the sister happens to walk by the room and hears it.

Totally forgot that Hina still doesn't know about that. Should be fun.

Domestic Na Kanojo 51

Great idea Al. That surely will turn out alright.

Zweizer

Banned

PV

Hiroshi Kamiya - Kiyoshi
Namikawa Daisuke - Joe
Kazuyuki Okitsu - Andre

Mari - Sayaka Ohara
Meiko - Shizuka Ito
Hana - Kana Hanazawa

Studio - JC Staff

Looks good. What are the odds for it to be censored to hell though?

captainpat

PV

Hiroshi Kamiya - Kiyoshi
Namikawa Daisuke - Joe
Kazuyuki Okitsu - Andre

Mari - Sayaka Ohara
Meiko - Shizuka Ito
Hana - Kana Hanazawa

Studio - JC Staff

Man, was kinda hoping Meiko would be voiced Yu Kobayashi

Edit: also holy shit do her boobs look way bigger

Zweizer

Banned
Boku Girl ch45

Well, the apple didn't fall far from the tree, that's for sure.

Shin Kurosawa ch28

Yep, that's how life and living goes.

Lain

Emma volume 6

After reading the first 2 volumes, I ended skipping on the others because I was waiting on the whole thing but the volume releases took a delay and well, today I got volume 6 and decided to give it a glance.
Damn, I wasn't expecting a kidnapping to force Emma to write a fake letter to William.
Made me feel really bad for Emma.

Lain

I can't believe such filth gets translated, yet Girl Fight is still completely forgotten. I'll go drown my sorrows in some keijo! chapter.

bobohoro

KNIM 162-180

We in that slice-of-life thingy now, huh. Of course, everything gets magically patched up after some time passes and nothing of real consequence happened in the end. Family fine, friends fine, living together fine and having loved each other well over a decade, dating for half a year and living together is also fine without ever having something like a physical relationship.
In college.
Yeah right.

Yuzuki is also extremely boring. It's like her already one-dimensional character lost even that bit of shallowness. She is just the happy go-lucky girlfriend now. And I guess nothing will really happens until the last arc is initiated, where either of them gets in an accident, is diagnosed with a serious illness or gets the other pregnant.

There are no serious rivals anymore either. Nanami/Asuka lost, Akari never really got a chance, Rin seems content to just play around and won't really mess with her sister's love past playful teasing and everyone else is pretty much there to get certain scenarios and fan service going. It's also unlikely that Haruto will fall for a future girl now and a sudden introduction of another fated girl from his childhood really can't have a reasonable explanation.

dani_dc

KNIM 162-180

We in that slice-of-life thingy now, huh. Of course, everything gets magically patched up after some time passes and nothing of real consequence happened in the end. Family fine, friends fine, living together fine and having loved each other well over a decade, dating for half a year and living together is also fine without ever having something like a physical relationship.
In college.
Yeah right.

Yuzuki is also extremely boring. It's like her already one-dimensional character lost even that bit of shallowness. She is just the happy go-lucky girlfriend now. And I guess nothing will really happens until the last arc is initiated, where either of them gets in an accident, is diagnosed with a serious illness or gets the other pregnant.

There are no serious rivals anymore either. Nanami/Asuka lost, Akari never really got a chance, Rin seems content to just play around and won't really mess with her sister's love past playful teasing and everyone else is pretty much there to get certain scenarios and fan service going. It's also unlikely that Haruto will fall for a future girl now and a sudden introduction of another fated girl from his childhood really can't have a reasonable explanation.

The series really should had ended when he went back to Yuzuki, at that point everything was solved and done.

Keijo 33

I didn't see that ending come and it makes me pretty sad.

Nozomi was never at Kawai level, it was impressive she manage to work Kawai as much as she did.

Its been ages since I last posted in a manga thread on gaf so here's my latest recommendation on a mahnwa called Salty Studio.

Sypnosis:
Togeun used to work for his father’s company without any passion, so he quits his job and moves out from his parents’ house in order to follow his dream in drawing. At the homecoming party (reunion party), Togeun begs Sonagi, a great illustrator, to teach him how to draw.

First off, the biggest draw for me was the excellent use of color and every chapter is filled with colors, which is a nice change of pace from the usual black and white. Because of the lack of background tones, if thats what its called, it further dampens in the uniqueness of the mahnwa. The expressions used in the series really help add to the comedic moments of the mahnwa.

Story wise, its a slice of life 4koma-ish with a slight bit of drama mixed in, most of the time reminding me of Honey & Clover. It's usually focused on Toguen and Sonagi, the main characters with a bit of support from the others such as the high school kids and foreigner looking Cookie. The only time where story isnt focused on them is from episode 14 to 20 where it focuses more on the kids which as you can imagine is filled to the brim with drama. It was an interesting arc none the less. There are a ton of great jokes and comedic moments in every chapter and I failed to find one that wasnt funny.

The mix of the great art, bits of story and jokes really did give me the incentive to read through the latest chapter.

My only gripe is Sonagi reminds of the gender bend manga character from a long time ago. The one involving Loki and junk.

If you cant find it on certain sites, its available here.

Lain

I really like the artwork

Author recently drew Blood Blockade Battlefront fanart as well http://ywk.tumblr.com/post/118896234235

I like it a lot too. It's interesting, with a lot of personality.

Figures it had to be about that jerk lol.

For those interested, ShindoL released a video about color sketching: https://vimeo.com/128982851

Process video for a quick color sketch. This is my first try at capturing video, so I started by recording a little 1 hour draw exercise. This video will be open to the public.

Once I get used to this whole video creating process, I may start creating private process videos for more detailed work. But for now, this. Enjoy!

dramatis

It's a testament to how different things are now that I'm trying to figure out what to dump in the banner and skimming through the last few pages, everyone is reading different things.

Good work chumps.

Zweizer

Banned
Its been ages since I last posted in a manga thread on gaf so here's my latest recommendation on a mahnwa called Salty Studio.

If you cant find it on certain sites, its available here.

Looks nice. Added to my backlog.

For those interested, ShindoL released a video about color sketching: https://vimeo.com/128982851

Coloring always looked like such a chore to me. Still, nice video.

It's a testament to how different things are now that I'm trying to figure out what to dump in the banner and skimming through the last few pages, everyone is reading different things.

Good work chumps.

Put Keijo on it~

bobohoro

The series really should had ended when he went back to Yuzuki, at that point everything was solved and done.

If chopping your story to pieces with a blunt axe is an acceptable way to be solved and done, then I agree. I still think that ~110 would've been the perfect point to end it, a couple of epilogue chapters to show Yuzuki moving on and stuff, and everything wouldn't be amazing, but kinda decent I'd say. Breaking up with Asuka and getting together with Yuzuki was the low point of the series, or the boiling point of idiotism depending on persepctive, and ending it there would've left a pretty bad aftertaste. Not that I like the lack of consequences, but it at least feels better now. You can't really salvage this trainwreck anymore, might as well make it somewhat less annoying.

Although the last 50 chapters of pretty much nothing probably work in favour of the blunt axe, I guess.

KNIM 181-190

Should I cook? Shouldn't I cook? Is this a cooking manga? Don't know, but hey there's nothing else happening anyway. And Haruto nearly summersaulting of the bed because he can't touch his girlfriend's clothed breasts has to be some of the most ridiculous shit I've seen in manga. Hilariously enough I think Akari actually is ahead in terms of intimacy with Haruto overall, despite never getting the many scenes she actually deserved.

191-193

Hahaha, you kiddin' me? What the heck is up with that? I'd dump her dumb ass in an instant for that. Not enough that she made him (and everybode else I'd guess) worry for 6 days to the point he thought she went missing, no, she also gets back and is still acting like that. Considering stuff like this is her most prominent character trait, you really have to question why Haruto even loves Yuzuki. And Asuka even has to cheer him up, maybe the couple really deserves each other.

Of course, everything is over and done with in a matter of seconds. Yay.

Hoshino advancing further down the road to adulthood with Yuzuki than Haruto will ever do, I guess.

Usobuko

Banned
Saiteihen no Otoko Chapter 12

Pseudo social commentary that was illustrated in an obnoxious manner tends to give me the impression that the mangaka is trying too hard to be edgy, for the lack of a better word.

I am also not intrigued by its supposedly horror depiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom