• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
I'm afraid to look where Shut Hell translations are... oh, apparently 4 volumes behind but at least not dead

And a I'm not sure what it is but I want to share it with MangaGAF anyways

Nice covers. Never heard of Shut Hell before, but it definitely looks interesting.

And that Kemonono☆ one looks interesting too.

Beats me.

Maybe a new season of the anime is on the way?

Anyway do the Stands start becoming crazy in Part 4 compared to Part 3?

They get crazier as it goes on and it culminates at Part 6.

rrc1594

One Piece

I would be happy for them if we didn't spent 2 years on this arc. So yeah I got tears of joy because hopefully were done with this arc!

Arabesque

Maybe a new season of the anime is on the way?

Kingdom got featured on a variety show recently, and as a result it had a massive resurgence in people buying the volumes.

At least, that's the explanation I came across. And given there is no announcement for a new anime, it seems to be the only reasonable one.

Oh yes Tsukki on the color page!
CIWlOx8UwAAqwbe.jpg:large

Zweizer

Banned
Kingdom got featured on a variety show recently, and as a result it had a massive resurgence in people buying the volumes.

At least, that's the explanation I came across. And given there is no announcement for a new anime, it seems to be the only reasonable one.

Ah alright, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

Zweizer

Banned
Yandere Kanojo ch61.5

Manabu was so cute back then~

So mature, too.

Hayachine! ch10

Yeah, I'd get tired of it real fast, toppings be damned.

Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken ch42

Well, at least it got wrapped up without too much trouble.

Kyou no Kerberos ch7

Cats and dogs in a nutshell.

bobohoro

Prison School~

I'm not usually one to do that whole waifu/crushing on fictional characters thingy.
But damn Hana is just all around too awesome not to.

One Piece 791

Finally, it's that time between arcs where the most interesting stuff happens.

Naruto 700+9

This can't be serious. Dumb villain, laughable clones, no tension or intent behind anything. It's just so bad.

Bleach 632

Don't care.

JoJo's Bizzare Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable

Anyway do the Stands start becoming crazy in Part 4 compared to Part 3?

Compared to part 3 yeah they get more out there. The SOL aspect keeps it relatively scaled, so they are mostly used in ways that are more cool than their power suggests.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Naruto 700+9

Sarada was super cute.

Villain is weak as fuck though, but that's to be expected. What's up with Sakura's health though, seriously?

G.ZZZ

Prison School 180

Gakuto is god, but i have a bad feeling about this development from kyoshi. The tension the author can create for such stupid scenes is unreal though.

YeXsdqM.png

Awesome Designs in this weeks Toriko chapter

the town looks nice too.... and people like to hate on Toriko's art for some odd reason

it for me at least has the most unique styles going for it each week

For a guy who's in his Seventies, Joseph is one crazy bastard in Part 4 of JoJo. Like who would have ever thought of a plan by cutting yourself in order to find a invisible baby through your blood.

Josuke is a pretty great MC.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto 709

This villain is awful. He seems like the kind of guy who would be a video game only villain.

Bleach 632

Who cares?

One Piece 791

Fuckin' finally.

Isn't this arc just an introductory arc to some terrible Bort movie?

I can't say I feel much for the One Piece arc being over. It pretty much felt like a worse version of the alabasta arc.

this indeed felt similar to Alabasta

but Alabasta felt better structured with Robin and Vivian compared to Violet and Rebecca

Albasta was larger in scale too since it was a whole country and they had to ride on ducks to their next destination

it is like old OP vs timeskip OP

I can see this arc and Alabasta arc being used in arguments for people who favour the old OP compared to the new or vice versa

Seems like timeskips in Jump are usually a bad sign for things to come.

Ironically out of the big ones, Dragonball did the best post timeskip.

I guess it is because it is less about the world and new horizons and more about powering up

which to me also is shown in DBZ compared to DB in which I preferred the latter

Kyuur

I'll stand by the my theory that pre-skip OP is more well regarded because everyone read it in large chunks instead of week by week. The story arcs haven't changed a bit.

I'll stand by the my theory that pre-skip OP is more well regarded because everyone read it in large chunks instead of week by week. The story arcs haven't changed a bit.
I've been reading One Piece weekly for a long time and the post-time skip arcs are a mess no matter which way you look at them.

JoJo Diamond is Unbreakable: Let's Go Hunting!

Awww that's just too fucking disgusting, I felt sick to my stomach.😌 How can a rat have a Stand ability that's just so gross? Melting people's skin together and making them into a cube and just eating them. Are you fucking serious?

I have a bad feeling that this Stand ability is tame compare to what will come.

that is part of the problem.... people are starting to see Oda's formula

Can you blame the guy though he's been writing One Piece for a long long long long long time.

Tacitus_

They've gotten a lot more drawn out. And not in a good way.

Alabasta Arc: Chapters 155 to 217
this arc. 700 to 791+ , I'd bet it going over 100 chapters

Before you could have the arc, maybe a flashback of 1-3 chapters, but now it's at least 5+ chapters flashbacks each arc giving the same amount of story.

lolno. I've been reading since the end of Enies Lobby and One Piece used to be my favorite manga of all time, Fishman Island is just a mess, and most of the timeskip arcs are clusterfucks, content and panel wise. We spent how much time on shitty characters like Rebecca and randomly flipflopping between tournament characters versus how much time on the other half of the crew we have not seen in a year and a half?

And the fact that the story arcs are all so same-y is in itself a problem. Oh wow, Luffy punched Doflamingo and won? Shocker, that's only happened 30 times.

Zweizer

Banned
JoJo Diamond is Unbreakable: Let's Go Hunting!

Awww that's just too fucking disgusting, I felt sick to my stomach.😌 How can a rat have a Stand ability that's just so gross? Melting people's skin together and making them into a cube and just eating them. Are you fucking serious?

I have a bad feeling that this Stand ability is tame compare to what will come.

Teehee~

Posted in the OP thread but this feels appropriate for all shonen

Oda saying he will work on OP for another 10 years is cool but then you'd have to consider his pacing and how many years will be wasted on one arc

I feel like 20-30 chapters is the sweet spot for a arc unless the arc is grander in scale (by land area rather then by people attending) there isn't a reason to exceed a certain amount of chapters

and accumulating a bunch of those towards 200+ chapters for a saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom