• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

neo kiseijuu - 05

I love how busy Riichi gets here:

7DpjbCF.jpg

took me a bit to get just what it was about. Pretty cute - Migi journeys through Shinichi's dreams? I guess? Something like that.

Conan-san

Hero Academia 48

The progress so good.

I can't believe how sidelined Creation Girl became after all that early chapter hype.
Let's be honest no one could have seen Froppy leap (
0eENhkE.jpg
) into the world's hearts.

And given Isabelle's human incarnation (Uravity) that's quite the feat.

Hastati

Gintama 546-547 I read the first this afternoon and bawled. Now after reading 548 I don't know what's gonna happen anymore, but Gorira I won't forgive you anyway for the permanent damage you are doing to my heart

neo kiseijuu - 05

took me a bit to get just what it was about. Pretty cute - Migi journeys through Shinichi's dreams? I guess? Something like that.

This is fantastic as an isolated work of art. Beautiful.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
agreed that Z got to the point rather quickly

this again comes down to pacing as particulalry OP suffers from wasting too much time in one arc

Still compared to Naruto, OP at least had more places to explore while Naruto had some new places for the beginning of Shippuden but eventually stopped the unique world building for a focus on a ton of characters all at once

the war arc in that barren wasteland for how long was unbearable compared to OP which post timeskip had bad pacing but the at least were fighting in a actual place....

Still currently both have done timeskip not as well but with some highlights

There are some Shonen for me that did do better timeskips then all three though
Theres a I guess interview? Or something where Oda and kishimoto talked to eachother one on one a few weeks ago, Oda wanted to do a sprawling adventure so kishi said he wanted to do the opposite in which no matter where they go they always will end up back at konoha or something like that, I guess a comparison would be inuyasha.

wonzo

Banned
neo kiseijuu - 05

noticed someone started translating that old series of his that hadn't had chapters released in over 3 years too. hype

phaze

Berserk 210-245

New armor get. After seeing it in a lot of DK thread, I'm surprised it took so long to get to this moment. Thought it would have a more prominent role in the story. It' a shame it seems like a generic "gain power, lose control" plot device though.

I think it's pretty much the first arc of Berserk that is more than a „meh” to me. The troll expedition was still pretty much a sidequest but Gut's crew got much less insufferable and Schierke is so far a nice addition to it. Beside that, the amount of ridiculously over edgy scenes and over the top characters seems to have lessened a bit. The main plot also advanced a bit with an appearance from one of the God Hand, and lots of info on Skull Knight, Behelits and GH too. Prepping for the famed boat now.

Rhapsody

Banned
Prison School 180

lol So Kiyoshi deals with his trauma with the mindset of, "crapping in my pants would be way worse than getting pee'd on".

Lain

Where do we discuss awesome things like the the Heroine Shikkaku movie or the Chihayafuru movies?
Is there a drama/liveaction thread on GAF for these?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
neo kiseijuu - 05

That spread is so good.
Now waiting for oher chapter. I want to see what Hiramoto Akira made for it.

Prison School 180

LMAO Kiyoshi. This chapter remind me of D'arby vs Jotaro.
Man, if only Kiyoshi know that Shingo just recently got peed on.
Anyway, Gakuto best bro from the very beginning. His shit stained history will be forever remembered.

Zweizer

Banned
Joshikausei ch34

Hurray for glasses~

Genshiken Nidaime ch117

Ohoho bring on the fireworks.

Kyou no Yuiko-san ch36

She still can't be honest~

Maga-Tsuki ch48

A new girl appears! He deserves this mess.

Assassination Classroom 145

Wow Sugino defeated, and that death by Karma, incredible. Karma kun team is great but the writer is making them get off'd immediately. Still implies potentially a Karma kun v Nagisa final (where has Nagisa been anyway). Itona hasnt been anywhere either.

Kurita

There's also a thread about Asian films
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=414951

Right now I'm mostly waiting for the Umimachi Diary movie to get released in France (October IIRC), love the manga and the movie is apparently legit good. It was even at Cannes this year.
And I'm also hyped for the Attack on Titan movies because I know they'll be entertaining/cheesy as hell, especially since it's not faithful at all!

So is Yukako Yamagishi in Part 4 of JoJo supposed to be a Yandere because her personality seems to be a bit unorthodox.

I mean she's hellbent on loving Koichi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom