• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";150799901]Too generic.[/QUOTE]

Naruto as a whole.... not the first part but as a whole became way more lukewarm and generically boring
especially when Kishi decided to add bijuu attacks for everything

Naruto did have a stronger beginning then Toriko.... not sure about Gintama

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Before you take the bait, consider that GB's list is all the same stuff from his lists in OT1. Dude's out of the game. Shokugeki readers are just whippersnappers on his lawn.

could be trolling but for the most part I do agree that there are a ton of seinen series that would destroy Gintama and Toriko

but those two series are far better handled then Naruto ever was
I respect your opinion, but highly disagree.

I went out of hand I should also respect your opinion

it is just that I love World building in series and Kishi decided to poorly handle it

rrc1594

could be trolling but for the most part I do agree that there are a ton of seinen series that would destroy Gintama and Toriko

but those two series are far better handled then Naruto ever was

I went out of hand I should also respect your opinion

it is just that I love World building in series and Kishi decided to poorly handle it

I agree I tell people all the time Naruto would of been a far better manga if Team 7 went on more missions together. Explored the ninja world together

rrc1594

heard about it.... I'll check it out after fully catching up on VinLand Saga

--------------------

rrc1594...... are you caught up to either Gintama or Toriko by any chance?

I got in to Gintama and Toriko by watching the anime. I need to give Toriko another chance, I just been lazy. I haven't read Gintama in a while, because for some reason I enjoy it more as an anime then manga. Which is rare for me.

Out of curiosity, I went and compiled the Wall of Shame of the past 14 OTs. Lo and behold!

lYdJlpZ.png

Grimace and DTL managed to be on every Wall of Shame so far. That's pretty impressive.

Go here for the list containing every member that ever got figured on the MangaGAF Wall of Shame:
http://i.imgur.com/Tw70F1d.png
I could have penned so many fics with that many posts.

I got in to Gintama and Toriko by watching the anime. I need to give Toriko another chance, I just been lazy. I haven't read Gintama in a while, because for some reason I enjoy it more as an anime then manga. Which is rare for me.

the Gintama anime is a great adaptation..... so much so that I'd advice just waiting for the next season that starts on April rather then catching up via manga

The Toriko anime on the other hand was a bad adaptation that got worse as time moved on

having a main filler character... censoring a ton of stuff.... altering some story event to the point of disconnection from the source material didn't help either

plus those budget cuts to the art.... ugh..... Glad that it is over

Toei is currently animating WT

Toriko 311

That was Komatsu's heart. Pair is the transport between the "hidden route" and the normal world. Because his heart is located on the "other side" they can't heal him. So they have to retrieve it after getting Pair.

Toriko caught a glimpse when he grabbed pair.

Why the hell isn't One-Punch Man available in physical books in the US? I have no interest in the digital versions and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Also, just read Monday's Nisekoi. Komi remembered there's a plot?

I think the way that books are made kind of hinders One-Punch man in print, the spine in books really ruins his page spreads, IMO.

Does any country besides JPN put it in print, maybe something is going on behind the scenes.

the Gintama anime is a great adaptation..... so much so that I'd advice just waiting for the next season that starts on April rather then catching up via manga

The Toriko anime on the other hand was a bad adaptation that got worse as time moved on

having a main filler character... censoring a ton of stuff.... altering some story event to the point of disconnection from the source material didn't help either

plus those budget cuts to the art.... ugh..... Glad that it is over

Toei is currently animating WT

None of those really ruined Toriko, IMO. The final arc ruined Toriko. The censoring was alright but then it became so inconsistent in the final arc. How does one episode have the blood, but then the next episode gets rid of it. Even worst with the final arc, it was way too fast paced and changed so many events that during it I just gave up and went to the manga. I wish it had continued as I loved seeing all the food submissions animated, the voices and music, and all the drama being much more interesting than it is in print.

World Trigger anime is great at enhancing the manga feelings and experience. They even gave it some mighty fine actors. The added filler moments are fun too.

Cant really dislike Toei because they did do Majin Bone and thats like in my top 20 anime ever. Its so good.

Toriko 311

That was Komatsu's heart. Pair is the transport between the "hidden route" and the normal world. Because his heart is located on the "other side" they can't heal him. So they have to retrieve it after getting Pair.

Toriko caught a glimpse when he grabbed pair.
you want to know what is funny

Toriko did a infintie nail punch to Bambina before Bambina shed off his armour clothes

what is hilarous is that on that page where we see Babina's true form you can still see that he is getting hit by those punches (but likely they are getting weaker)

None of those really ruined Toriko, IMO. The final arc ruined Toriko. The censoring was alright but then it became so inconsistent in the final arc. How does one episode have the blood, but then the next episode gets rid of it. Even worst with the final arc, it was way too fast paced and changed so many events that during it I just gave up and went to the manga. I wish it had continued as I loved seeing all the food submissions animated, the voices and music, and all the drama being much more interesting than it is in print.

World Trigger anime is great at enhancing the manga feelings and experience. They even gave it some mighty fine actors. The added filler moments are fun too.

Cant really dislike Toei because they did do Majin Bone and thats like in my top 20 anime ever. Its so good.

Toei is just a loose gun to me..... currently OP is unbearable to watch

LeleSocho

Banned
Incredibooool i stay out of the thread for like 5 months and when i come back people talk crap about Toriko, it's like you guys hate me or something :(

360pages

Toei is weird, when their animation is good it's pretty good, and they tend to keep most of the characters on model. Rewatching Dragon Ball, it's impressive despite still showing some age that rarely were the characters off model. Even now, they still keep it somewhat consistent.

I'd put them far above Studio Pierrot where it's just garbage all the time. (I want CC2 to redo Naruto from start to end using their models and fight chorography...a man can dream)

Kurubushi no Hone (oneshot)
B9FCIU7IQAAF-I3.jpg:large

Good one shot that makes me want to read the mainstory just to see how they got together and anything else they endured. It would be a real fun ride I bet. It was such a great friend of boyfriend taking care of his boyfriend on this holiday. And then the funny moments were amazing. HIs hair is great too which made many scenes even better than they could be without.

okay at times Toei does well

OP Film Z wasn't bad and that extra cooking part with Komatsu in the cooking-fest was needed in the main manga

Prison School 154

206848e1b2.jpg

WHERE'S THE FORK GONNA GO?
Andre has some weird fetishes

Out of curiosity, I went and compiled the Wall of Shame of the past 14 OTs. Lo and behold!

Grimace and DTL managed to be on every Wall of Shame so far. That's pretty impressive.

Go here for the list containing every member that ever got figured on the MangaGAF Wall of Shame:
http://i.imgur.com/Tw70F1d.png

52nd place I suck
I'd like to see this for other communities too

Lain

The Breaker: New Waves 190

I'm split. I'm pissed off, but this could finally wake Shioon up to stop talking and start acting.
Still... fuck.

Turok_TTZ

Naruto had a stronger beginning but Gintama aged much better and Sorachi thus far has made sure he didn't make a mess of it yet.

Pain arc best arc imo but Gintama from Yoshiwara arc and beyond are superior to Naruto's peak.

HxH top all around, hard to compare.

too bad HxH is dead.

Negima school festival arc > all but HxH though.

Furyous

Bleach Newest Issue

'The fuck is this?!! You mean to tell me
Ichigo's sword just happens to get possessed by Quincy and kill the King? This dude's been training their the whole time and the sword just now decides to get quincy possessed? What type of fuckery is this? This dude Kubo... Am the only that wishes Kubo traded mangas with the Boku No Hero Academica author for one month? This manga would be over and it'd make a billion times more sense then this collection of ass pulls and reaction shots.

The New Gate is my favorite new manga because over powered protagonists are great characters. That universe has so much potential it's not even funny.

Legend of the Sun Knight 19

Sun Knight is a top 10 protagonist of all-time, in my opinion so LOL at this chapter.
The look on their faces when Sun Knight reveals he is not Supreme Dragon Hell is how a reaction shot is supposed to be down. Give me a half panel reaction shot instead of that Kubo six pages bullocks. Sun Knight stays scheming on something new.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The King was already fuckin impaled through the chest, why does it matter if Ichigo hit him again? Also, he's a weird limbless torso, anyways.

I don't actually rate Kokou No Hito all that high.

It's like a comic with a lot of great parts, but with jarring editing in the storyline that just jumps around according to the mangaka's whim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom