• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turok_TTZ

but do you want someone to save you from drowning in Yuri?

Read The Feelings We All Must Endure and maybe you can save yourself.

Nordicus

Mahou Tsukai no Yome 14

Ellias keeps craftily dodging Chise's questions, and Joel's leannán sí is hella cute.
F5MIpJD.jpg
7OQ9mr7.jpg

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Reading mangas around, it is just simply unbelievable the STAGGERING amount of childhood-friends that are in effect.

It is as if everyone and their uncle in Japan has childhood friends.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Reading mangas around, it is just simply unbelievable the STAGGERING amount of childhood-friends that are in effect.

That is what Japan is like dude.

Manga are like a documentary of glorious Nippon.

Turok_TTZ

You think that's unbelievable? try how if the childhood friend is opposite gender: Almost always instant love interest down the road. bonus points if one protected, saved, helped, encouraged, or inspired the other in an incident during their childhood.

so much hard ons for childhood sweethearts.

Idolm@ster 1-18

Side stories that apparently exist alongside the anime canon. Kind of fun, and a few of these stories do a much better job of developing and exploring certain idols than the anime did.

Every genre has some sort of trope. Childhood friends don't bother me much when written right.

I usually steer clear from most harem mangas tho.

EDIT: Great mangas with the trope

REAL
7 Seeds
Sanctuary
Vagabond

And so forth. It's something like damsels in Noir innit.

Zweizer

Banned
Jitsu wa Watashi wa has a great childhood friend, though her childhood-friend-ness doesn't play a big part in it.

Akagi ch226

You can only attack!

elyetis

The Breaker: New Waves 190

I get the general Idea about why just happened is done... but fuck Shiwoon being so disapointing except when angry/has no other choice. Well I guess at least in one or two chapter we should have him in bad ass mode again.

LeleSocho

Banned
Boku no Hero Academia is reeeeeally good, how are the its popularity ratings? I hope not bad because i want this to continue for a long time.

LeleSocho

Banned
Sokugeki no Soma - 105 RAW
Oh? A restaurant training arc? Really realistic... i wonder how much it'll last though.

Zweizer

Banned
Boku no Hero Academia is reeeeeally good, how are the its popularity ratings? I hope not bad because i want this to continue for a long time.

Its rankings are pretty good, generally around the top. Sales are around Toriko's level.

Sorry, Sporting Slat doesn't end up being the zombie series you thought it would be.

Shounen Jump Issue 10:
One Piece (Cover, Lead CP)
Boku no Hero Academia
Shokugeki no Souma
Toriko
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (CP)
Haikyuu!!
Gakkyuu Houtei
Hinomaru Zumou
Bleach
Oni Goroki (CP, One Shot)
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
eLDLIVE (CP, Special Chapter)
Nisekoi
Gintama
Takujou no Ageha
World Trigger
Isobe Isobee Monogatari
E-Robot
Sporting Salt (End)

Bunch of new series coming up though. How many will survive?!?

From MAL, Weekly Manga Sales January 5th - 11th

*1. 401,206 *,402,781 Ao no Exorcist Vol.14
*2. 363,277 *,365,377 Bleach Vol.66
*3. 260,592 2,656,714 One Piece Vol.76
*4. 234,518 *,235,708 Gintama Vol.57
*5. 192,716 *,193,377 Toriko Vol.33
*6. 167,531 *,167,905 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.2
*7. 155,661 *,155,942 Owari no Seraph Vol.7
*8. 153,236 *,153,824 World Trigger Vol.9
*9. *96,955 *,554,454 Kuroshitsuji Vol.20
10. *88,834 *,599,635 Ansatsu Kyoushitsu Vol.12

Revo

World Customize Creator 14

That sounds like a really great sword, regen and swing speed boost without any damage reduction OP.

LeleSocho

Banned
feBPj.gif

I think you are asking the wrong question here......
What should i ask then? D:
Character's popularity polls? My favourite are Frog Girl and Third Strike's Gill son.
Its rankings are pretty good, generally around the top. Sales are around Toriko's level.

Good good, i'm happy.

I'm torn between letting it advance some more or taking a couple hours to catch up with it.

Do like i did, read the first 10 chapters and then go through the others skipping some conversation bubbles and reading them very quickly in order to read them slowly later.

rrc1594

OOKAMI SHOUNEN WA KYOU MO USO O KASANERU 1

A little generic but I like characters and art, so I will keep reading
cover.jpg

Over the past year, I become a whole different person. I'm reading Gender Bender and Shoujo. What has my GF done to me!

G.ZZZ

I find it amusing that i come to this topic rarely, find always the worst images of pandering shit posted times and times again, and apparently the things people hate the most is Toriko.
Good job boys, now you can go back and revel in the glory of the artistically relevant and refined 2D sexified underaged girls
C69EFF7B1B8D5435857A21A8C9ABC8FD771DDD88

rrc1594

I find it amusing that i come to this topic rarely, find always the worst images of pandering shit posted times and times again, and apparently the things people hate the most is Toriko.
Good job boys, now you can go back and revel in the glory of the artistically relevant and refined 2D sexified underaged girls

I+don+t+have+a+proper+quot+burn+quot+picture+gif+so+here+is+_17fc0f2449a2b8e162bf8338e0fbb474.jpeg

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
How I stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian Sword vol.2 Ch.3

Baki finally get a new job as a priest. He can cast heal twice now!
At least he's no longer a world NEET for a time.

zeromcd73

It's funny you write this when the author of Toriko has been arrested before for having sex with under aged girls >.>

upandaway

W- wait a sec, wait what. But I see you post about Toriko every once in a while and get replies and discuss it fine, what happened, I'm confused

A bunch of people here like Toriko, you had to have seen this first hand when you discuss it with them

dani_dc

Do like i did, read the first 10 chapters and then go through the others skipping some conversation bubbles and reading them very quickly in order to read them slowly later.

I'd probably just end up reading all of regardless. Even if I skipped some bubbles I'm not sure I'd go back and re-read it anytime soon.

The plot thickens

Edit-If true I can't support his work WTF

It's true, to be more specific it was one of those "old enough to legally have sex, not old enough to prostitute herself" cases.

dani_dc

Domestic na Kanojo 25

Smooth work by the male teacher.

And of course Hina ex divorces after she breaks up with him, typical. No effort until you've lost your comfort zone.

wonzo

Banned
Good job boys, now you can go back and revel in the glory of the artistically relevant and refined 2D sexified underaged girls http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/571148671218479451/C69EFF7B1B8D5435857A21A8C9ABC8FD771DDD88/
stan for a series made by a convicted pedophile to make some weak ass passive aggressive burn like the worthless poster you are brehs *le epic dota emote here*

Reads the description of Ane Kurabe.
Shun knew what to expect when he became a high school student. As he entered the gates of his new school, four beautiful girls suddenly surround him. These four girls are the same four girls he grew up with since kindergarten. The four girls are Rio the athlete, Miku the cook, Nana the nerd, and Yuri the student president. These four girls will be battling it out between them in order to win the heard of their beloved Shun.

I'm pretty sure I've read something like this somewhere...

only the most refined of manga readers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom