• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I could've sworn Dramatis did? It's how I got here.

I am still climbing up the ladder of smut.
Really it's more like climbing down since Prison School is the best smut series

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 35-36

It's far too early to say this is the best girl
But she is

Ah I didn't notice and if you want something lighthearted and good, read Umi No Misaki.

She truly is a wonder of the modern world.

So there's a new fetish in town? Frog-girls? Who would have thought it.

that new P5 trailer

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think that even if a piece of turd was shown as the protagonist, everyone would have still lost it.
I'm losing it right now.

7oA0RmV.png

Zef9OF6.jpg

It's actually a Catherine sequel in disguise.

I loved Catherine, we need a legitimate sequel.

rip shelf space

Spice Wolf? You have good taste but what's with the food is clothes manga? The one on the lower left of the third image. Should I read it?

Bleach Newest Issue

'The fuck is this?!! You mean to tell me
Ichigo's sword just happens to get possessed by Quincy and kill the King? This dude's been training their the whole time and the sword just now decides to get quincy possessed? What type of fuckery is this? This dude Kubo... Am the only that wishes Kubo traded mangas with the Boku No Hero Academica author for one month? This manga would be over and it'd make a billion times more sense then this collection of ass pulls and reaction shots.

You should re-read the past few chapters. perhaps, it would click that ichigo pulled out Ywach's sword from the soul king which is why he became controlled by it. For all the complaints about Kubo repeating panels, it appears it may be necessary as some are not able to grasp things unless its spelled out in an overly long piece of dialogue.

Yu Yu Hakusho started really slowly.... I mean really slowly.... I mean REALLY REALLY slowly

I actually really liked all the stuff in the beginning. It was much better in the manga though. But I feel like the only slow part was the Hiei arc

JoJo still da best shonen*

Never jumped the shark and never declined in quality

I dunno man, be honest, did you have any idea what the fuck was going on at the end of SBR? I can usually follow most weird stands, but I was pretty much just nodding as I read

I dunno man, be honest, did you have any idea what the fuck was going on at the end of SBR? I can usually follow most weird stands, but I was pretty much just nodding as I read

There is one part at the end of SBR
Who killed Johnny Joestar
that was hard to follow. Everything else was fine.

Easier to follow then King Crimson or Another One Bites the Dust at least

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
What does FT stand for? I heard it a few pages back that someone dropped it cause it did another time skip.

I'll try the top 10 out.

Go for it.

While i usually give God's Beard some shit for being a crotchety old man, the stuff he reminisces about are actually good reads (i read Sanctuary because of his recommendation and it's up there for me) or at least have other people singing similar praises (haven't read 7 Seeds yet but it has gotten its due in here).

Also i just noticed he didn't write Sanctuary with red text this time :O

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Fairy Tail probs

Oh you mean Fanservice Tail. It might as well be smut now.

While i give God's Beard some shit for being a crotchety old man the stuff he reminisces about are actually good reads (i read Santuary because of his recommendation and it's up there for me) or at least have other people singing similar praises (haven't read 7 Seeds yet but it has gotten its due in here).

God's Beard is a unique individual. 7 seeds has gotten its recognition here so its certainly on my list to read. Onani Master Kurosawa and Holyland are both on top 10 list of must read manga.

Furyous

You should re-read the past few chapters. perhaps, it would click that ichigo pulled out Ywach's sword from the soul king which is why he became controlled by it. For all the complaints about Kubo repeating panels, it appears it may be necessary as some are not able to grasp things unless its spelled out in an overly long piece of dialogue.

My larger point still stands in that
shouldn't the Soul Palace have better prepared Ichigo for this situation? He ran around that palace throughout and no one ran any tests on him to check to see if he had the potential to do betray them.
Don't forget that Kubo is the king of ass pulls
and this came out of nowhere.

Go for it.

While i usually give God's Beard some shit for being a crotchety old man, the stuff he reminisces about are actually good reads (i read Sanctuary because of his recommendation and it's up there for me) or at least have other people singing similar praises (haven't read 7 Seeds yet but it has gotten its due in here).

Also i just noticed he didn't write Sanctuary with red text this time :O
Red text can only be claimed by the champion.

Assassination Classroom Vol.02

I like Ms. Vitch after her initial appearance.

The principal's probably the true villain of the story.

I was greatly surprised to see the Saiki crossover in this volume. :x

Two months wait for the next volume is too longggggggg

Usobuko

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";150794615]Undisputable Top Ten All-Time Comics List For Getting Your Friends Off Their Shonen Jump Addiction:

1. 7 Seeds - 9
  2. Sanctuary - 8
  3. Lone Wolf & Cub - 10
  4. GTO - 8
  5. Ghost in the Shell - 8
  6. REAL - 9
  7. Vinland Saga - 9
  8. Kokou no Hito - 9
  9. Bitter Virgin - 7
  10. Berserk - 8.5

Top Three Shit Comics Posing as Seinen:
  1. Wolf Guy
  2. GANTZ
  3. Elfen Lied

Special Mention for Trying So Hard, Getting So Far, and in the End, not Even Mattering:
  • Homunculus
[/QUOTE]

Your top 10 list would be better if you swap Bitter Virgin, GTO for YKK ( 10 ) and Nausicaa ( 9.5 ).

To be honest, Nausicaa never grabbed me like it did with most people. It seemed fine and it had a cohesive and unique art direction that were cool, but I just never got super excited about it.

Usobuko

Banned
There aren't that many shounen fans here anymore since most of them has their own threads now. If anything, the smut faction of mangagaf has a stronger presence.

There aren't that many shounen fans here anymore since most of them has their own threads now. If anything, the smut faction of mangagaf has a stronger presence.
So glad.

I read shitload of Shonen but debating about some of the
things in Naruto that's obviously due to the inconsistency of the writer is urgh.

Quixzlizx

Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan 8-10

Ikki's ability became a little too convenient/indulgent/auto-win card. It went from superhuman reflexes + Sharingen to superhuman reflexes + Sharingen + "AFTER TWO MINUTES, I KNOW YOU BETTER THAN YOU KNOW YOURSELF." It kind of makes fights pointless, since the actual progress of the fights from now on are meaningless, and it just comes down to whether the author wants Ikki to win or lose. I mean, I know that's how it works in fiction, but my disbelief has been entirely unsuspended.

Confessing 10 chapters in was the upset of the year, although I don't know about that kiss on the cheek. Come on Stella, his sister has gotten further with him than you have. I think it's time for another bathtime visit.

Turok_TTZ

Gintama 528

the jouishishi and the shinsengumi unite.
Sasaki joining the prick wagon and Gin to walk another day.

The tension of what's to come is so intense you could bite thin air and taste it.

bigkrev

Interesting fact that is probably only interesting to me

In the first few printings of Yu-Gi-Oh vol 1, in the 7th chapter, a teacher is talking about what she might find in students desks, using the phrase "Cigarettes? Lipstick? Condoms?"

All future printings, such as the hardcover version, and the digital version put on the Kindle Store, removed the "condoms" line, which was a strange piece of censorship- the volumes were still rated for Ages 13 and up.

I'm happy to report that the new 3-in-1 release of Yu-gi-oh has the condom line restored! Checked it out in a bookstore today because my curiosity demanded it.

Drea•Mer 02

This protagonist is like the best.

Solution to creepy white puffy monsters? Punch them until they are dead.

Losing blood in your neck? Light it fire in order to seal the wound.

Facing personal trauma? Rage and beat up everything until you moved on.

So amazing.

Fox318

To illustrate, here's the list with the ratio of posts/times on wall of shame included:

UyE82FY.png

You took care of more than half of them though!

almost 10,000 pics for dtl.

Thats a whole lotta dicks.

It's a trip, ain't it? That double-NTR in chapter 6 was a great twist though, i'll give them that.

As for the story itself...

Seems like a version of youtube where, due to no consequences if you win, it's attracted all kinds of sociopaths who gladly forsake morality in favor of murder, rape, deceit, etc to get high views. The incentive to keep making videos to avoid coming in last (and thus taking the fall for the crimes) is what keeps it churning.

Only question I have is how are the crimes being pinned on people when video evidence clearly fingers someone else, and how is pulling the strings to keep the police/press off the killings when they take place?

I just happened to stumble upon it and man its really fucking dark.

Then again I tend to not read much NTR manga

arumisan

Interesting fact that is probably only interesting to me

In the first few printings of Yu-Gi-Oh vol 1, in the 7th chapter, a teacher is talking about what she might find in students desks, using the phrase "Cigarettes? Lipstick? Condoms?"

All future printings, such as the hardcover version, and the digital version put on the Kindle Store, removed the "condoms" line, which was a strange piece of censorship- the volumes were still rated for Ages 13 and up.

I'm happy to report that the new 3-in-1 release of Yu-gi-oh has the condom line restored! Checked it out in a bookstore today because my curiosity demanded it.

Aha, you brought back so many memories! It was one of the first manga I read (probably back in '06/'07) and I remember picking that volume up in the library and was like what? Which reminds me that I always thought the early YGO stuff - up to volume 7? - pre-cards anyway, was the best YGO.

Finalow

had no idea that Akagi: Zawa Zawa Anthology existed. only 5 chapters are translated, and they seem like random chapters with no numerical order. is this how this anthology was made? Or they literally translated random chapters.

and holy hell I also had no idea that a new Kurosawa plus another sequel to Akagi/Ten [this actually started in 2009, lol] were being made, all praise Fukumoto.

ryan13ts

Toriko

I'm sorry, but the idea that the scent of Bambina's monkey balls sending Toriko into a near frenzy had me almost in tears from laughter. "Ooooh yeaah!", lolol

My larger point still stands in that
shouldn't the Soul Palace have better prepared Ichigo for this situation? He ran around that palace throughout and no one ran any tests on him to check to see if he had the potential to do betray them.
Don't forget that Kubo is the king of ass pulls
and this came out of nowhere.

The quincy possess a technique to make their body act as a marionette if their bones are broken. This ability was used by Uryu in the SS arc. Quilge showed off reishi domination. Pepe and Giselle both possessed abilities to control their opponents. Soul Palace also had not prepared for the Almighty. This is not an asspull. You may call it an unwelcome development but asspul it is not.

wonzo

Banned
bitter virgin isnt that good honestly

Boku Girl 38
prison school has made me immune to such lame gentialia related fuckery

Miss Sunflower 26

forgot who that girl is. reep yuri release schedules

Yuyushiki 25

cool bird

Witch Meets Knight 0-6

pretty dull yuri subtext thing with sexhair. would not recc

Yuri Seijin Naoko-san 8

yuriseijinnaoko8.png

poor dicks ;-;

Prison School 154

I am in awe how this consistently tops itself. What diversion will be next? I feel like they've exhausted stuff coming out of dicks, so that leaves....

Zweizer

Banned

Smut shall overtake all~

had no idea that Akagi: Zawa Zawa Anthology existed. only 5 chapters are translated, and they seem like random chapters with no numerical order. is this how this anthology was made? Or they literally translated random chapters.

Anthologies are generally little more than collections of one-shots from various artists, so it's not unusual that only the more interesting chapters get translated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom