• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
US Jump TOC for June 17th 2013

Toriko
One Piece
Bleach
Naruto
One-Punch Man
Nisekoi
Cross Manage
World Trigger
Dragon Ball

Previews: Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal and World Trigger

Theonik

Jingai Shunman 02-06
Decent monster girl stories. Some decently done romance to boot.
Spider>Frog>Bat>Fish>Ant>Bird>Snake

Jingai Shunman 01-04 Afterstory
1 - Good, 2 - meh, 3 - Good, 4 - Good.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ippo 1013

Takamura gives no fucks. I thought he may have actually noticed something important but nope! Dick joke!

I still laughed.

Cwarrior

First anime for me was fist of the north star,dragon ball/z,sain3t seiya,city hunter,dr slump,dragon quest fly they use to all come on the same tv channel on one anime block back around 1993.

First manga :I think Naruto

So I had the realization today that while I enjoy things like Monster and Eyeshield 21 I don't really find myself making time to read them as much as I do when I'm marathoning shonen fight shit. I feel like such a dudebro manga fan by saying that but it's true lol.

upandaway

So I had the realization today that while I enjoy things like Monster and Eyeshield 21 I don't really find myself making time to read them as much as I do when I'm marathoning shonen fight shit. I feel like such a dudebro manga fan by saying that but it's true lol.
Doesn't Eyeshield 21 go in the latter category? Unless you mean by "marathoning shonen fight shit" to be literally shonen that is bad, in which case what.

Doesn't Eyeshield 21 go in the latter category? Unless you mean by "marathoning shonen fight shit" to literally shonen that is bad, in which case what.

I meant it in the way Duckroll would use it IE I really enjoy Fairy Tail despite the fact it's about as generic shonen fight as you can get.

Nisekoi: False Love 78

Imouto is starting to become kind of annoying. Raku ought to have gone and got the pendant.

Cross Manage 37
tumblr_mojwril6Ju1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The game is so intense! I like all the time and lines Wakamoto gets, best character even if he has a tendency to just state the rules or make things clear for Seki. Anyway, I hope he gets a few more panels as we go on.
Though if Toyoguchi
is actually injured...then this could really have one of the sadder ends of a manga in jump in awhile

Nanatsu No Taizai 33
Mysterious old drunk turns out to be really powerful ! Who would've thought ?

Next Melodias vs Ban, it's going to get hectic.

Dragons Rioting 5
XWFx8yE.jpg

Shit. That was definitely my first manga. Read the Squarebound releases of Pokemon Adventures, and the Electric Tales of Pikachu comics.

Heh, I still have a good chunk of them (in various conditions) of them! Definitely the main thing I picked up when I went to the comic books store.

bigkrev

Heh, I still have a good chunk of them (in various conditions) of them! Definitely the main thing I picked up when I went to the comic books store.

In hindsight, it's absurd that they tried so long to sell Manga in comic book form. 2 chapters for 2.99 or more seems absurd when now Volumes are about 10 bucks.

Kinda like how the comic industry today is more focused on selling trades than individual issues.

In hindsight, it's absurd that they tried so long to sell Manga in comic book form. 2 chapters for 2.99 or more seems absurd when now Volumes are about 10 bucks.

Kinda like how the comic industry today is more focused on selling trades than individual issues.

Well back then, volumes were like 16 or 17 dollars. I remember that since I had to save for some time to buy the Ranma 1/2 volumes.

Don't they still do that with the BW arc?

It's more like half the length of a normal volume for about half the cost. Viz is also using the magazine chapters that can be different than the collected into a volume chapters.

Kurita

It's more like half the length of a normal volume for about half the cost. Viz is also using the magazine chapters that can be different than the collected into a volume chapters.

I see. That's weird, we have full volumes in France.
I wish they'd release the other arcs though.

World Trigger 18
tumblr_mojx8gGObK1s5992do1_400.png

Interesting life lessons. Osamu should just form his own team, though I wonder where he sides. Of the three groups, I like Shinoda's ideas and Tamakoma's ones as wells. Maybe he and Yuma can side there. Rather good discussion this chapter. I wonder if a Neighbor will be tossed in a bit to give some more action again.

I see. That's weird, we have full volumes in France.
I wish they'd release the other arcs though.

Viz is releasing the full volumes for the arc after the volumes come out first in Japan.

I gotta say Viz is doing a decent job in catching up with the releases this year.

They are releasing Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl, HeartGold/SoulSilver, magazine Black/White and also volume Black/White this year.

Kurita

Viz is releasing the full volumes for the arc after the volumes come out first in Japan.

I gotta say Viz is doing a decent job in catching up with the releases this year.

They are releasing Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl, HeartGold/SoulSilver, magazine Black/White and also volume Black/White this year.

I'm legit jelly :(

Wiseblade

Ippo 1014

This chapter feels like progress! It also reminds me a bit of the feeling the manga had around the time Ippo fought Date.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
First anime was of course DBZ, but that was less an anime (as I didn't watch anything else at the time) and more of a daily toon.

First "anime" was Naruto. First manga was Bleach. Supreme taste right here.

exarkun

The Breaker and New Waves

I marathoned the series during my breaks from studying, despite God Beard's advice. Enjoyed most of it, got a little slow and chunky at the beginning of New Waves, but I liked how he started to rely on the advice from his teacher and used his head for bits of it. Though he is prone to the shounen sprint head first in anger while attacking stereotype.

All in all, glad i did it.

Hystzen

Gantz Final Chapter

hahahahahah oh wow never seen a author do a ending which basically screams "i can't be arsed with this anymore"

half the cast is ignored (WTH happened to Nishi guess he dead but whatever) zero answers given basically zero fucks where given.

what a shame as the manga up to this Katastrophe Arc was damn great but what a way to smear the manga forever

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ippo 1014

This chapter feels like progress! It also reminds me a bit of the feeling the manga had around the time Ippo fought Date.

Yea, its finally moving along. Too bad Takamura can't seem to get a fight though. Ippo's next fight looks like it'll be interesting.

Oh have we heard any more about that world wide manga contest yet? I'm mulling over this mystery/action story that's been stuck in my head for a few days now and I want to do something with it.

Mutou Black 1
BM_wyTbCYAIQa9a.png

Good character design. A good first chapter I think and the barehanded action against those with weapons actually was much more interesting than it was on paper...Only flaw is that it was quite too wordy at times, so much text for a manga even.

Of the three new series now that all chapter ones are there, I would have it
1. Soul Catcher(s)
2. Mutou Black
3. Smoky BB (the worst of the mix, neither good art nor a fresh concept)

Of those I hope Soul Catcher(s) survives, favorite friendship values, fresh designs and concept feels quite different and unique within the context of the JUMP lineup.

Mahou Shoujo of the End 10

What a twist!

One thing I love about this series is I never forget what happened in the last chapter. That's rare for a monthly manga.

Kurita

Huh, so they side step the whole shota thing in the black butler movie?

Seems like it yeah.
I can't think of one actor that could be considered a shota so far. Well, the MC is a girl pretending to be a boy so...
Yu Shirota and Maruyama Tomomi are hawt though, but not that young.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You probably lose some creepy parts of the fandom by dropping ciel, but most of the female audience are probably there for Sebastian anyway.

survivor

Banned
Soul Catcher(S) 1

Bad characters design and really lacking in subtly. This is the sort of manga that doesn't work when everyone is acting as if their life depends on the damn stupid music. This is really similar to Bakuman in which the characters just act like they are in a battle manga, but instead they are just getting excited over mundane shit. At the end it just ends up being silly and corny especially with all that sentimentality crap they tried to add with the girl who lost the will to sing.

Smoky B.B. 1

Oh god, so generic so over the top. There really should be a law that you can't write baseball manga unless your name is Adachi. This was painful to read.

Mutou Black 1

Bad art, too many boring dialogue panels that go nowhere. Plus this is shonen samurai crap so I'm not even expecting it to have any good action scenes.

WSJ has been full of flops in 2013.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Gantz Final Chapter

hahahahahah oh wow never seen a author do a ending which basically screams "i can't be arsed with this anymore"

half the cast is ignored (WTH happened to Nishi guess he dead but whatever) zero answers given basically zero fucks where given.

what a shame as the manga up to this Katastrophe Arc was damn great but what a way to smear the manga forever

. . . it . . it ended?

Well then, I guess it's time to see it burn. Damn, it's a strange feeling watching something you've been reading for years finally come to an end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom