• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
City Hunter vol.1

It was pretty good. Ryo Saeba is badass, he gives no shit about anything.
The art is already pretty good, even for a 80s manga. I was surprised to see that it was quite violent, and there's nudity! You even see a naked chick getting shot :lol

It transitions into more of a comedy, which it does very very well, but does get serious again. Honestly City Hunter is my favorite manga. It's just so good.

Saiki Kusuo no &#936; Nan vol 1 Extras
tumblr_molld69ffa1qbxqfpo1_500.png

All of these four chapters in this extra set was amazing, so many just random/hilarious moments and I too, if I were him, would want to give up these powers as well. They all seem cool on the surface (or bwahahaha awesome like that sleazebag Shimoda says) but then so many implications involved that make them less than ideal. Fourth chapter best one. Probably the funniest series Ive encountered in JUMP.

Just read the final chapter of Gantz. Fun while it lasted but the final arc was a total letdown. Very rushed and predictable.

This was my first manga I read to completion. Absolutely loved the first two arcs. I feel kinda empty inside now. Always looked forward to a new chapter because they would never come out often.

bigkrev

Hey Guys

So I'm shipping this out to Rafa=Fedkilla

I'm looking to massivly downsize my manga collection, pretty much getting rid of anything I don't plan on reading again or finsihing the run of. So, If you want to pay for shipping, these are avalible FREE OF CHARGE

*Bleach vol 1-10
*Excell Saga vol 1-5
*Fullmetal Alchemist vol 1-4
*YuYu Hakusho vol 1-2

USA only!
Please, take some of my overflow manga! PM me if your interested

...it didn't even occur to me to check around here or even try giving away selling my manga when I was moving into a new apartment 2 months ago. I just threw out about 30 or so volumes of shit lol. Granted I do still have a good 80+ that I kept, but still...

Living Game END

Loved this. The last few chapters, when Izumi started acting stupid, were a bit weird but all in all it was a very enjoyable story with great characters. I really felt with Raizo trying to find his place in the world, being torn between looking out for Izumi and creating his own future. I readily admit that I'm a sucker for "what happened 10 years later" endings but... I'm fine that this didn't have one.

survivor

Banned
Living Game END

Loved this. The last few chapters, when Izumi started acting stupid, were a bit weird but all in all it was a very enjoyable story with great characters. I really felt with Raizo trying to find his place in the world, being torn between looking out for Izumi and creating his own future. I readily admit that I'm a sucker for "what happened 10 years later" endings but... I'm fine that this didn't have one.

nakama

I hope you learned a lot about love and finding a good and affordable apartment to live in when you finished this.

DarkMehm

Haikyuu 64

Sports mangas are a joke, seriously. Two points in one chapter, thanks for that. 12 pages of hype building for a failed spike, what the hell was that for? If you want to boost the morale of a team do it with some other thing. This is a freakin second round match of the lowest level tournament there is. Make 2-3 chapters a match for the unimportant rounds and stretch out the finals. Let us see more tournaments. This and Kuroko really fail in this aspect. Sorry, I needed to vent.

Kurita

Haikyuu 64

Sports mangas are a joke, seriously. Two points in one chapter, thanks for that. 12 pages of hype building for a failed spike, what the hell was that for? If you want to boost the morale of a team do it with some other thing. This is a freakin second round match of the lowest level tournament there is. Make 2-3 chapters a match for the unimportant rounds and stretch out the finals. Let us see more tournaments. This and Kuroko really fail in this aspect. Sorry, I needed to vent.

Yeah, I just want this match to be over. I really hope it'll be the end in the next two chapters.

Haikyuu!! 64

Guess Im the only one that liked this game. Will be sad when its over as its been with us for so long and never got from being not intense. Yamaguchi was great and am hyped to see him try again. Still going for Seijou though somehow. I dont want to see a defeated Oikawa, I wonder if he would take a loss really hard.

Favorite panel was the one with kageyama saying that statement about being hit in the back of the head. I want to see the color page.

Kurita

I need to hurry up and buy Fullmetal Alchemist, I'm starting to see more and more of those three-in-one monstrosities in shops...

Regular volumes and kanzenban versions are the only type of mangas I buy.
The two/three-in-one can go burn in hell. Glad we don't get a lot of these here.

Regular volumes and kanzenban versions are the only type of mangas I buy.
The two/three-in-one can go burn in hell. Glad we don't get a lot of these here.

It's the only way to buy Cross Game in the US. Which is unfortunate, but I'm happy that it at least did get a release here.

Kurita

Most seinen magazine often feature idols/gravure idols on their covers, like the Young Jump, Young Magazine...

And I'm ok with this.

Akito

Is there a breakdown of how many times each jump manga has been featured on the cover?

ibtl8KQaWnUR2E.png

Found this in my data folder, it's far from being comprehensive and it's not quite up to date either (it was created on September 2012) but you get the general idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom