• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaman King 1-3

Our proxy character Manta is incredibly annoying, I don't recall him having a big role in the anime I dunno if that was just 4kids editing magic to make Yoh look more like the main character like how US editors butchered Vision of Escaflowne or just my memory playing tricks on me. Yoh is also annoying at times, I get he's trying to be absent minded to be more able to tune in to spirits, but it just makes him seem overly dopey for little reason.

Akito

Shaman King 1-3

Our proxy character Manta is incredibly annoying, I don't recall him having a big role in the anime I dunno if that was just 4kids editing magic to make Yoh look more like the main character like how US editors butchered Vision of Escaflowne or just my memory playing tricks on me. Yoh is also annoying at times, I get he's trying to be absent minded to be more able to tune in to spirits, but it just makes him seem overly dopey for little reason.
Manta is a fucking awful sidekick, he's basically Armin only being completely useless.

Manta is a fucking awful sidekick, he's basically Armin only being completely useless.

I mean he's supposed to serve the role of proxy so that the plot can be explained to him and in turn to us the audience, he's just incredibly annoying. Armin isn't really an audience proxy character as he serves a more tangible role in the plot being the tactician.

Blusby

I ordered Pandora Hearts volume 1-16 because the translation on manga sites are God-awful, also wanted to collect the volumes. I also ordered Crimson Shell from the same author along PH.

Yotsuba 1-3

I completely lost it when Yotsuba accused her father of being an enemy of the Earth because he used an air conditioner. This is the most hilarious and adorable thing I've ever read.

Rave Master 1-3

I like the set up and the premise even if it feels horribly generic. 10 commandments seems like a cool weapon hopefully that actually stays Haru's main weapon and doesn't get replaced.

Eyeshield 21, Rave Master, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Yotsuba, and Shaman King. Ironically the series that I was most excited to read (Shaman King) was probably the worst after the first 3 chapters. Yotsuba stole my heart and was easily the best.

I'm willing to add a sixth series if there is a series enough of you think I need to check out. 18 chapters a day seems like a good amount. Once I complete or get caught up on a series I'll simply replace it with another and keep it going.

Before anyone suggest Soul Eater, Silver Spoon, or Rage Town I plan to check those out when their anime's start up this summer or (in Soul Eater's case) finish on Toonami

Rave Master 1-3

I'm willing to add a sixth series if there is a series enough of you think I need to check out. 18 chapters a day seems like a good amount. Once I complete or get caught up on a series I'll simply replace it with another and keep it going.

Before anyone suggest Soul Eater, Silver Spoon, or Rage Town I plan to check those out when their anime's start up this summer or (in Soul Eater's case) finish on Toonami

Shoukoku no Altair

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Rave Master 1-3

I like the set up and the premise even if it feels horribly generic. 10 commandments seems like a cool weapon hopefully that actually stays Haru's main weapon and doesn't get replaced.

Eyeshield 21, Rave Master, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Yotsuba, and Shaman King. Ironically the series that I was most excited to read (Shaman King) was probably the worst after the first 3 chapters. Yotsuba stole my heart and was easily the best.

It's sad, but Rave is actually leagues better than Fairy Tale. Like no competition.

wonzo

Banned
It's sad, but Rave is actually leagues better than Fairy Tale. Like no competition.
lowbar.jpg

Akito

I mean he's supposed to serve the role of proxy so that the plot can be explained to him and in turn to us the audience, he's just incredibly annoying. Armin isn't really an audience proxy character as he serves a more tangible role in the plot being the tactician.
Yes, Armin has a crucial role in the story to play but he is also a character you're supposed to be able to relate with the most given how normal he is/reacts and how broken and fucked up the other characters and setting are. He's another kind of proxy character in my opinion.
Ok, I'll admit, the reason the comparison occurred to me was mostly because of how similar they look.

Btw. I hated Rave, way more than FT, the beginning was not too bad but it turned to complete shit soon enough.

Akito

Really? I was iffy on it until after the giant tower arc, it was pretty cool after that.
It should have ended after the fight against King, after that it became bad art FT with even worse characters, I'll still hate these fuckers till the end of time.

ibvRAvTs2LLOhU.jpg

Lain

Huh, seems like tonight is "horror mystery mangas with fantastic art" night. Also "mangas that have been adapted from another source" night apparently.

Moryou no Hako 1

So far seems to deal with the mystery of a girl's attempted suicide and the mysterious circumstances surrounding it. There appears to be a dismembered doll that resembles her that appears in some sort of flashback scene.

Another part of the story also deals with a dismemberment murder case.

Hmmm.

Liking it so far. Great art. Seems like it was originally a novel.

It's a nice horror/mystery, though I found it to be a little confusing and the end was rather weird.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The author of Rave and Fairy Tail might just spontaneously combust into flames if his editors tell him to create "something original."

I have never seen mangas so densely packed with cliche-ridden materials as those two, especially the latter.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The author of Rave and Fairy Tail might just spontaneously combust into flames if his editors tell him to create "something original."

I have never seen mangas so densely packed with cliche-ridden materials as those two, especially the latter.

There's nothing wrong with cliche, you just have to earn it. That said Fairy Tale has earned none.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
There's nothing wrong with cliche, you just have to earn it. That said Fairy Tale has earned none.

If Fairy Tail ever gets another anime, it should be called "Fairy Tail: Friendship is Magic".

Because Mashima is a hack.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Oh I don't mind cliches really. The way Fairy Tale is so serious and relentlessly unblinking about its cliche-ridden pages can be endearing, if not for the fact that it is trashy (in my opinion.)

Well, at least it has best Zelda.

Do you folks talking ew-ing it down due to the "For Adult Only" on the cover? Despite it being a Hentai doujin, the story is sweet, the characters are portrayed well, the art (in my opinion) is great, no silly stuff like tentacles or NTR or love-rape and the intercourse scenes were drawn in a caring manner. This might sound silly, but I got the distinct feeling that the author/artist enjoyed working on it. It's a good read, in my opinion, despite its rather short length.

Hell, this doujin is much more caring/artful than many of ecchi-related "non-hentai" mangas out there, imo.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh I don't mind cliches really. The way Fairy Tale is so serious and relentlessly unblinking about its cliche-ridden pages can be endearing, if not for the fact that it is trashy (in my opinion.)

Do you folks talking ew-ing it down due to the "For Adult Only" on the cover? Despite it being a Hentai doujin, the story is sweet, the characters are portrayed well, the art (in my opinion) is great, no silly stuff like tentacles or NTR or love-rape and the intercourse scenes were drawn in a caring manner. This might sound silly, but I got the distinct feeling that the author/artist enjoyed working on it. It's a good read, in my opinion, despite its rather short length.

Hell, this doujin is much more caring/artful than many of ecchi-related "non-hentai" mangas out there, imo.

I'd say this is true for most hentai/doujin artist. :p

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I'd say this is true for most hentai/doujin artist. :p

Well, I did not mean it in a funny way, hahaha.

But seriously though, it's such a gentle, caring work. Which is kind of surprising considering how Hentai nowadays always seemingly deal with stuff like cheating or tentacles or the like.

Speaking of, we never talk about doujin in here huh? Not necessarily hentai doujin but doujins in general. Anyone here bought doujinshis too in addition to mangas?

dumbyugi

But seriously though, it's such a gentle, caring work. Which is kind of surprising considering how Hentai nowadays always seemingly deal with stuff like cheating or tentacles or the like.

Speaking of, we never talk about doujin in here huh? Not necessarily hentai doujin but doujins in general. Anyone here bought doujinshis too in addition to mangas?

I talk about yuri doujins sometimes. I read alot of doujin but most of them are too short or boring to really say anything about. Hentai doujinshi is boring to talk about because it's mostly the same stories with different characters. Guro stuff often does different things but I can't read it, I feel sick just reading about it sometimes.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I talk about yuri doujins sometimes. I read alot of doujin but most of them are too short or boring to really say anything about. Hentai doujinshi is boring to talk about because it's mostly the same stories with different characters. Guro stuff often does different things but I can't read it, I feel sick just reading about it sometimes.

I don't read Yuri or Yaoi, although I am not closing the door on the possibility. Guro though, I am closing the door and put a 10 digit lock with a Cerberus Helldog guarding it. Not touching it even with a 10 million light-years long pole.

Many doujins actually managed to deliver great art, surprisingly. I have been looking for Fire Emblem Awakening doujins nowadays, but they're so terribly expensive :(

I admit, I am a hopeless shipper, so sometimes I looked for doujins for a particular couple that I ship from various manga titles/games to satisfy my shipping needs, hahaha (as is the case with the Zelda doujin that got ew-ed by Kurita, hahaha)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

The Fapnote was a doujin and we talked about it.

You are sort of right about the Zelda one.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The Fapnote was a doujin and we talked about it.

You are sort of right about the Zelda one.

Ah yes, I forgot about Onani Master and that... other one... (holy shit I forgot the name)

Yeah just art, I don't really care about story when I never had any experience with the original source material.

Hmm. I don't read doujins with settings that I am not familiar with.

He means one that doesn't involve rape/tentacle rape.

Hahaha. A good amount of doujins actually don't involve rape/tentacle rape you know :)

Although I must admit, I am glad that the Zelda manga I posted back then didn't delve into that. The moment Goose appeared the NTR! alarm rung in my head--thank goodness the author didn't give that doujin such stuff.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ah yes, I forgot about Onani Master and that... other one... (holy shit I forgot the name)

Hmm. I don't read doujins with settings that I am not familiar with.

Hahaha. A good amount of doujins actually don't involve rape/tentacle rape you know :)

Although I must admit, I am glad that the Zelda manga I posted back then didn't delve into that. The moment Goose appeared the NTR! alarm rung in my head--thank goodness the author didn't give that doujin such stuff.

I know, but all the fire emblem ones do...

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I know, but all the fire emblem ones do...

Oh.

Hmm, well, I forgot the website, but I did find a place that sells various non-H doujins, including Fire Emblems. So it's a matter of looking at the right place, methinks.

Aside Fire Emblem, I also read Zelda and Naruto doujins, and some other various stuff.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't read Yuri or Yaoi, although I am not closing the door on the possibility. Guro though, I am closing the door and put a 10 digit lock with a Cerberus Helldog guarding it. Not touching it even with a 10 million light-years long pole.

Many doujins actually managed to deliver great art, surprisingly. I have been looking for Fire Emblem Awakening doujins nowadays, but they're so terribly expensive :(

I admit, I am a hopeless shipper, so sometimes I looked for doujins for a particular couple that I ship from various manga titles/games to satisfy my shipping needs, hahaha (as is the case with the Zelda doujin that got ew-ed by Kurita, hahaha)

Do you really need a doujin to know that zelda will hook up with link. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom