• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

That she does but I will be forever bitter if she won't appear at all after Nisio's brought back every single minor character ever for the finale.

Yuujou Kakin Karman Gain 1

Another survival of sorts manga revolving around cell phone games, seems like they always have nearly the same concept. Darwin's Game is superior thus far. Karman Game does have potential at least if he doesn't have to use his self and could use others.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Genshiken + Genshiken Nidaime
Well that was long. For seemingly starting as the main character, Sasahara never really deals an emotional performance. Through both tumultuous times and in the middle of what should be euphoric moments he barely seems to register as someone involved with what's going on around him. It is probably for the best that he winds up just mostly being ditched and forgotten about, though one of the manga's most serious issues is its tendency to put characters out to pasture. Once the cast pairs up into a relationship they never really seem to have problems. They reach some sort of promised land and the series just kind of pushes them off to the side for other characters to take center stage. Certain characters are much more suited to this than others.

For as good a foil as Kasukabe is to the rest of the cast as someone who isn't an otaku, her relationship with Kousaka is entirely This is kind of a recurring event for Genshiken. It constantly finds itself treading into romantic territory as it pairs up members, but everything it does with those relationships feels flatter than Hato's chest as such developments sap any possibility of tension or drama. The absurdity of the lifestyle presented never really seems to bring much negative along with it.

The conflicted characters that have shown up later in the series feel much more established and intriguing than the ho-hum starter pack, and as the ambitions of the club grew so too did the opportunity for more interesting situations. Still, even in Genshiken's duller moments it has a nice cadence and sense of humor. Its over the top use of references can actually fit surprisingly well or at least carry enough meaning to feel a little clever. For as long as it is there is good character growth and progress happening throughout the course of the series, and it does genuinely feel like time is passing and the world is changing.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
US Jump TOC for July 22nd 2013

Toriko
One Piece (off next week)
Jaco the Galactic Patrolman
World Trigger
Naruto
One-Punch Man
Nisekoi
Bleach (off for seven weeks)
Cross Manage (Final Chapter)
Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal
Dragon Ball

Previews: Bench (One-Shot) and Naruto

Jaco the Galactic Patrolman 2 (DB-10)

The time machine part was most compelling (or rather speeding time up so that things around the person appear to be paused) part, but otherwise kind of a dull chapter.

Zetman

It has begun. These badguys aren't that interesting, so I'm glad they've finally gotten around to Jin becoming an indiscriminate death god.

Jojolion

Man, I don't know what is going on right now.

Akito

One of the most interesting news from SDCC is that Doraemon got licensed and will be available in English soon, digitally. I don't know what surprises me more, that it took that long to happen or that it will happen at all.
I hope the releases won't be region-locked though.

Aizo

Banned
Zetman 187-188
gzetman_v017c187p096.jpg
Can't help thinking about Kubo.

I think the scanlations are two volumes behind or something, so that's too bad. I was really enjoying this manga when I caught up to it last year because of its incredible pacing while explaining all the mysteries. I don't know how I feel about it anymore. I still like it, I suppose.

Finally, after so much stalling, Jin finally awakens, but this doesn't seem right. Why can't he control himself? Seems like a like plot device. Those wings are sexy. That's all that matters.

Naito

Sun ken Rock 125

Expected some serious action, found out it was a gag chapter, escalated quickly into a hentai, ended up silly.
Did not enjoy, I must turning old and grumpy.

World Trigger 23
Excellent color page this week. (want Yuma's outfit)

I think the training will end up being disrupted due to the top team arrivals. Though I guess there would be concern that they would be directly challenging the Tamakoma Branch. Perhaps its not the time to be fighting themselves. Oh well, if it does come to pass we could get to see Kyousuke fight.

Akito

Okusama ga Seito Kaichou! 1

The story begins with Izumi Hayato running to be student body president. but when a beautiful girl swings in promising the liberalization of love while flinging condoms into the audience, he ends up loosing to her and becoming the vice president. At the student council meeting, the newly elected president invites herself over to Izumis house where she promptly announces she is Izumis husband through an agreement between both parents (and some liqueur) when they were only 3.

Imagine my disappointment when it turned out that she's his wife as opposed to being his husband. So yeah, it's a run-of-the-mill fanservice title with passable art and good pacing, tits sucking's already cleared after the first chapter, take that Minamoto dude.

One Punch Man 21pt4

Well most of it was probably my most favorite chapter so far of the manga since Sonic's chapters of sorts. Genos is great in color and everything, though why does the writer consistently always want to make Genos never succeed. Its just really disappointing to always force the wins on Saitama and such, Genos had the perfect opportunity even with that really awesome looking attack.

Cross Manage 42 (end for now)

Alright for the brief timeskip of sorts and getting just about all the relevant characters sometime on panel. I wonder what the bonus chapter in the fall will be about, maybe some scenes from this game?

All in all Cross manage was a decent read and my first experience following a nearly all girls sports series of sorts. Characters had decent development and the match was quite intense at times. Sakurai and his friends were necessary assets and kept it from just being focused on the girls at times so it made it quite worthwhile to follow too. Best girl was Namine easily with Choran being my favorite team. I think it could have lasted longer if the game was done earlier in the series lifetime instead of later and the romance stuff felt way too weak. 6/10

Yugioh Zexal 32

Power of belief and bonds to make powerful cards just appear was glorious. Yuma ftw.

One Punch Man 21pt4

Well most of it was probably my most favorite chapter so far of the manga since Sonic's chapters of sorts. Genos is great in color and everything, though why does the writer consistently always want to make Genos never succeed. Its just really disappointing to always force the wins on Saitama and such, Genos had the perfect opportunity even with that really awesome looking attack.

What? Are we reading the same manga?

wonzo

Banned
Ore to hero to Mahou Shoujo 10

so moe

Blade Play 32

Oh my god, Yuno gave the hero a handjob and acquired the SWORD OF LIGHT when he came. This fukken manga.

Sakura Trick 0

more actual lesbians doing actual lesbian things

Looks like we have some manga sales in North America for 2013 so far showing up in the top 10 graphic novels of the first half of 2013 list.

First Half 2013
NARUTO, VOLUME 60 - 25K
NARUTO, VOLUME 61 - 19K
SAILOR MOON, VOLUME 9 - 17K
SAILOR MOON, VOLUME 10 - 15K

Naruto Total for 2013 Thus Far: 100K
Sailor Moon Total for 2013 Thus Far: 80K

Nielsen's U.S. Consumer Market Panel currently covers approximately 85% of the print book market and continues to grow.

Soma

Shinonome Yuuko wa Tanpen Shousetsu o Aishite Iru 1-7

This is pretty good stuff. Like Horimiya-levels of cuteness.

Will keep reading.

Again!! 50

Reo so best <3

this is gonna end up in heartbreak for her isn't it? :(

Stay Gold 3
tumblr_mqdfq4fo2G1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Yes and again, though it now must be awkward for Hayato and Yuuji, considering Hayato can only really just run and hide in another room and hide to avoid contact but still has to interact with Yuuji to eat dinner and such. I wonder if Yuuji will ever show these emotions back him. Also hilarious when the brother was joking about it being Hayato's first kiss.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Again
TSPrMV7l.png

I just found this funny because it's so random. Why is this dude from Toronto? Well, why not. lol
(As far as I know, there is no "7th middle school" here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom