• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw how Dresden described my FC collection post lol sadly my wifi is down I won't be able to play with anyone til the end of next week when I move back home

wonzo

Banned
Gokicha!! 25
gokicha25.png

chaba's so mean :(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Silver Spoon, Soul Catcher(S), Jaguar and Mario will be atop that list in six years.

Why the hell is Fairy Tail is so low? Get some taste.

Silver Spoon won't exist in six years, I'm fairly sure, unless Hachiken's going to be a 24 year old cattle rancher raising two kids.

Yeah. Its not as extreme as Rage Town. It will make you believe in love.

And birth control.

Silver Spoon, Soul Catcher(S), Jaguar and Mario will be atop that list in six years.

Only Silver Spoon out of that list has a real chance of getting licensed and that's probably only due to the potential anime boost and the author's name. The subject material is a pretty hard sell here.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Takamichi's works
Admittedly, I find his (?) work interesting because of the colouring, which is rare in the mango world. It's obviously not as good as western comic colouring, but that almost makes it more striking.

The fact that they're basically all girl slice of life stories probably helps as well. lol

Ritou no Umi
Essentially a series of stories about characters who live on islands somewhere off the coast of Japan. The main character is a girl who likes to dive and take photographs.
It has a "gimmick" where it turns out that the characters are all connected to each other by circumstance, but for a one volume story, why not.

Yuru Yuru
(Not to be confused with Yuru Yuri I suppose :p)
ALPACA

A series of short vignettes about three friends and their random hijinks. You have the genki girl, the logical girl, and the straight man. The chapters are much shorter, and it sort of fits somewhere in between a 4koma and a full manga, so the gags can breathe a bit more but don't really last too long. As a slice of life, it's charming.

Girl's Sanctuary
xV9jtyZ.jpg

This was in that crossdressing manga anthology that eventually got cancelled. Except in this particular case, it's the story of a girl who is a tomboy and is awkward when wearing dresses, so misunderstandings ensue. It never really got finished though, because of the anthology's cancellation.

---

Kamisama ga Uso o Tsuku.
This reminds me of that manga about a girl who lives in a zombie apocalypse but is so myopic that she lives in a bubble and doesn't realize that the world has gone to hell (I can't remember its name!) in as much as it seems like a standard slice of life until a shocking revelation is made to the reader.

And, I will say, I think this is the first time I've seen this particular revelation. Wowza.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Release day is going to be weird. No One Piece or Bleach. Just Naruto.

Hopefully this inspires a faster Shokugeki no Soma translation.

dramatis

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";72421271]Is 7 Seeds on hiatus?[/QUOTE]
I don't think so, the Japanese blogged about it for August Issue.

Updates says there's been a release yesterday.

El Sloth

Banned
Gakkou Gurashi/Zombie Moe: 5-6

My hunger for more survival themed stories has brought me here again.

Murderous lolis,
crazy hallucinating
lolis, this comic has it all. I can't wait for the eventual backstabbing loli.

This is the most relaxing zombie survival story I've read.

Kamisama ga Uso o Tsuku.

This reminds me of that manga about a girl who lives in a zombie apocalypse but is so myopic that she lives in a bubble and doesn't realize that the world has gone to hell (I can't remember its name!) in as much as it seems like a standard slice of life until a shocking revelation is made to the reader.

And, I will say, I think this is the first time I've seen this particular revelation. Wowza.

A person at work a few moments ago tried to get me to read it, though its tagged as seinen so I swiftly refused her request.

Lain

The Italian publisher that cancelled Yotsuba&, Emma and Honey Bitter and announced to want to leave the manga business to concentrare on anime and live action, announced that they'll be publishing GT-R, Ino_Head Gargoyle, Saiyuki Reload Blast and Saiyuki Ibun... fucking pieces of shit assholes is all I can think.

At least there's some good news for me, since another publisher announced that Aoi Hana is finally coming in Italy in 2014, with color pages and stuff. I can't wait!

The Italian publisher that cancelled Yotsuba&, Emma and Honey Bitter and announced to want to leave the manga business to concentrare on anime and live action, announced that they'll be publishing GT-R, Ino_Head Gargoyle, Saiyuki Reload Blast and Saiyuki Ibun... fucking pieces of shit assholes is all I can think.

Well thats no good, at least Saiyuki, which I seem to have finally been introduced to today with those cool bed sheets posted. Want

Release day is going to be weird. No One Piece or Bleach. Just Naruto.

Hopefully this inspires a faster Shokugeki no Soma translation.

I wonder what top three in the toc will look like. What we should be hoping for is one with
Shokugeki no Soma
Haikyuu!!
World Trigger

Akito

I don't know why you guys would expect other Jump series to get released earlier just because OP and Bleach are absent, the groups that work on those series don't have anything to do with the "Big 3" anyway.

Kamisama ga Uso o Tsuku. 4
The twist doen't seem too far-fetched, I'm glad to see Natsuru sticking to Rio after all

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";72421271]Is 7 Seeds on hiatus?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've been wondering about that as well. It's been awhile. :(

Solune

At least there's some good news for me, since another publisher announced that Aoi Hana is finally coming in Italy in 2014, with color pages and stuff. I can't wait!

Wow, Maybe Kurita's mangas aren't safe either!!
--
Acid, don't read Suzuka, it's bad, as bad as KNIM.

If you really want something that's actually good by Seo Kouji, read the Love Letter short story collection.

Acid08

Banned
Wow, Maybe Kurita's mangas aren't safe either!!
--
Acid, don't read Suzuka, it's bad, as bad as KNIM.

If you really want something that's actually good by Seo Kouji, read the Love Letter short story collection.
What do you mean by "just as bad"? As in its just as sad?

Dartastic

I just realized that in Naruto basically everyone has been brought back to life. Except Kushina. I'll bet she winds up sealing the ten tails somehow.

Tegami Bachi 60
Well shit just got real since they're going to topple the government and Maka is siding with Largo.

Still waiting for the scans for Ao no Exorcist 47 but I think the group may have dropped it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
True. But still. She's got that crazy seal awesome sauce stuff going for her. Plus it'd be like "dawwww family reunion time."

Dawwww ZOMBIE family reunion time.

Also, wonder what she would say about Sakura considering Minato's comment before. The shipping fandom would probably explode.

Daingurse

JJBA Part III End

Wow, I loved the way these final chapters read! I've seen the OVAs before and still felt completely engaged in the material. MUDA,MUDA, MUDA, MUDA,MUDA, MUDA! Next up, Josuke!

Edit: Seeing how much the OVA differed from the original material throughout the entire series was interesting to say the least. That OVA is definitely not a straight adaptation, which makes sense. It really did feel like it's own animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom