• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumbyugi

Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou special 1

Rather than the first of two special chapters this felt like the beginning of a sequel. If there is going to be a sequel I hope it's not just more of the same.

dumbyugi

The Beauty of a Mother 1

Sailor Moon has sex with her mum for some reason. Next time: Usagi has sex with her own daughter. Of all the things in Sailor Moon to make a doujin of, Usagi getting with her mother is probably the last thing I would think of.

Haha not a ban. I lost track of this thread since I started it all those years ago. I would always check off-topic without checking community thinking maybe everyone was done discussing manga in a general thread. I also stopped reading Shounen and found a lot of other series to enjoy but needed to come back and see how my old favorite Big Three were going to end.

What's "Aunt Tits"?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Taiyou No Ie volume 3

That is at least a love dodecahedron going on. And yet I can't take off my mind how lewd Hiro gets as soon as he gets rid of the parental figure. So dreamy~

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Haha not a ban. I lost track of this thread since I started it all those years ago. I would always check off-topic without checking community thinking maybe everyone was done discussing manga in a general thread. I also stopped reading Shounen and found a lot of other series to enjoy but needed to come back and see how my old favorite Big Three were going to end.

What's "Aunt Tits"?

It is a series about a pretty boy who's never been laid who is tasked by his Aunt to have sex with a lot of women, and for whatever reason, he sucks on her breasts and wants to have sex with her. Yes, his father's sister. Every 5 or 6 chapters, people start posting "OH MY GOD!!!" because they think the main character is going to have sex with some girl, but then he apparently has spectacular failures in spite of odds.

MangaGAF is full of smut readers now, btw. Its just out in the open now.

Not bad, but it was sorta expected what Minato and Naruto were going to do. Though it seems strange that Sasuke had a sorta surprised face about senjutsu like he had never seen or heard of it.

It is a series about a pretty boy who's never been laid who is tasked by his Aunt to have sex with a lot of women, and for whatever reason, he sucks on her breasts and wants to have sex with her. Yes, his father's sister. Every 5 or 6 chapters, people start posting "OH MY GOD!!!" because they think the main character is going to have sex with some girl, but then he apparently has spectacular failures in spite of odds.

MangaGAF is full of smut readers now, btw. Its just out in the open now.

Haha, thanks for the update.

One Piece is still an incredible ride but I'm hoping it goes back to the days of a little less plot in some of the arcs and more insane action. The crew is never together anymore either.

I just finished Pluto and it was fantastic. I'm now hoping Billy Bat's ending won't be as hugely disappointing as 20th Century Boys final chapters.

One Piece is still an incredible ride but I'm hoping it goes back to the days of a little less plot in some of the arcs and more insane action. The crew is never together anymore either.

Splitting up the crew has always been a major plot device in OP. Problem is nobody fights seriously anymore, apart from Luffy and other new characters Oda keeps stuffing into the story. Zoro & Co. have been relegated to comic relief roles.

Splitting up the crew has always been a major plot device in OP. Problem is nobody fights seriously anymore, apart from Luffy and other new characters Oda keeps stuffing into the story. Zoro & Co. have been relegated to comic relief roles.

I guess it's hard for me to admit that I have problems with the series now, I've always said OP was nearly perfect. I'm not sure where he's going with the "army of devil fruit users" plot either but I always give Oda the benefit of the doubt. I suppose I feel the series isn't exactly what it used to be, it's changed. Evolved maybe.

That Urasawa one-shot Monster Kingdom is really neat. I hope his follow up to Billy Bat is something more contained like Pluto. As far as I'm concerned, he doesn't NEED to create any more works as he already has (what I consider anyway) a few masterpieces. I am curious though what's next for him.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Not bad, but it was sorta expected what Minato and Naruto were going to do. Though it seems strange that Sasuke had a sorta surprised face about senjutsu like he had never seen or heard of it.

Well, he certainly saw Kabuto do it. I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if Sasuke magically has Sage Mode by saying "lol I copied with sharingan"

I guess it's hard for me to admit that I have problems with the series now [...] I suppose I feel the series isn't exactly what it used to be, it's changed. Evolved maybe.
I think it's a pretty common sentiment, even though a vast majority still loves it as much as before. To me, OP stopped being as enjoyable as before after Water Seven Arc (and Thriller Bark). It was the last time the whole crew had their time to really shine.
With Impel Down Arc the focus shifted heavily on Luffy and his "new friends", while the rest of the crew plunged in the shadows (even though they received huge power ups, we still have to see them battle serious opponents). It may not be as bad as Rock Lee in Naruto or the Z warriors in Dragonball, but I thought OP was immune from the "sidekick marginalization syndrome" that long running shonen series seem to suffer and now it's showing some clear signs.

Let's see if in Dressrosa things are going to change.

wonzo

Banned
Yuyushiki 11
yuyushiki11.png

summer is coming

Well, he certainly saw Kabuto do it. I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if Sasuke magically has Sage Mode by saying "lol I copied with sharingan"

Sage mode should be the one thing unique to Naruto. Sasuke will have Rinnegan, perfect Susanno'o and maybe even Ten Tails (lol). That's enough. And we haven't even seen EMS. Wait a minute, where's all the genjutsu? Where's all the Rinnegan/Sharingan powers Obito has?

I think it's a pretty common sentiment, even though a vast majority still loves it as much as before. To me, OP stopped being as enjoyable as before after Water Seven Arc (and Thriller Bark). It was the last time the whole crew had their time to really shine.
With Impel Down Arc the focus shifted heavily on Luffy and his "new friends", while the rest of the crew plunged in the shadows (even though they received huge power ups, we still have to see them battle serious opponents). It may not be as bad as Rock Lee in Naruto or the Z warriors in Dragonball, but I thought OP was immune from the "sidekick marginalization syndrome" that long running shonen series seem to suffer and now it's showing some clear signs.

Let's see if in Dressrosa things are going to change.

Dressrosa is following the formula though. Obviously the toys will become human again and Luffy will free everyone but each crew member is going to play a small part until Joker and Luffy have their showdown. I don't think he's even going to see his crew for a while, not until each person completes their mission.

Billy Bat is crap.

It's not even close to his best but its better than 99% of the other manga crap out there.

I looked up this "Aunt Tits" manga and read a few pages. Really guys? Come on lol.

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Hopefully some good One Piece scans appear tomorrow. The ones with Comic Sans offend me.

I didn't even bother with the ones out there, they're terrible. Waiting for the usual scanners to finally put up the chapters. Naruto won't be too different, the whole chapter was a "wankfest" as they say but OP isn't as easy to translate.

One Punch is becoming one of my favorites. Toriko feels like its going into the deep end. If Shueisha really wants it to be top dog once Bleach and Naruto are out, they should slow it down.

Also, Gantz ending. I was expecting a huge, epic ending with a lot of strangeness. Nope lol. Well, it was a little strange I suppose.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I think the thing that bothers me the most about One Piece, when I look back on it, is just that the timeskip feels like it lacked significance. The separation of the Straw Hats was a huge and heartwrenching thing, Luffy was on his own for ages, they hyped up the years of training so much.

Then they reunite to.. virtually no fanfare. It was like they were never apart. I wanted EMOTION. This series knows how to tug at the heartstrings. But they picked up like no time had even passed. Two years of hardship swept under the rug. Luffy's horrible time in the war, never mentioned. No indication of real joy that they were finally reunited. No Luffy prostrated on his hands and feet, promising that he'll never allow something like Sabody to happen again, showing some kind of character growth after all these events and all this training. There could have been a whole mini-arc dedicated to the intra-personal realities of their sundering and reunion, and instead it was just a joke arc with the fake Straw Hats and then "welp we're back together, on to the next island." And they went to the next island, and never spoke of it again. It was the biggest build-up-letdown ever. Especially since no one really even feels any stronger. Luffy/Zoro/Sanji vs the Pacifistas was literally the only glimpse. Then no one did anything impressive ever again. And now it's been so long that any potential superhuman feats are so far divorced from the timeskip that they just feel like normal arc upgrades.

OH WELL.

Aunt's Tits RAW 90

Well there was a lot of sex in this chapter... until the end when there's a lot of awkwardness between Minamoto and the girl. Nothing in the pictures screams
it was all a dream

Kuragehime 60
I really wish this would update chapter by chapter instead of volume by volume. Nice to see Tsukime in a three way reverse harem without even knowing it. I actually don't want her to end with any of the guys (although it's damn obvious she's gonna end up with Kuranosuke) but rather for her to get some confidence and assert herself while retaining her otakuness at the end of the series. Seriously want to know when Kura's mom's going to enter the story.

Ass Class 55
Excited for this summer vacation arc.

Erigu

In what regard? Please elaborate, I'm genuinely interested.
Making random shit up with no care nor foresight, always abusing the same clichés, starting another series on the side and focusing on that one while abandoning the previous one right up to the crap ending (and then, the cycle repeats with the new series, naturally)...
I don't know how much of all that should be blamed on Urasawa himself (I suspect Nagasaki's influence is a major factor), but he certainly lets it happen, at the very least.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I think the thing that bothers me the most about One Piece, when I look back on it, is just that the timeskip feels like it lacked significance. The separation of the Straw Hats was a huge and heartwrenching thing, Luffy was on his own for ages, they hyped up the years of training so much.

Then they reunite to.. virtually no fanfare. It was like they were never apart. I wanted EMOTION. This series knows how to tug at the heartstrings. But they picked up like no time had even passed. Two years of hardship swept under the rug. Luffy's horrible time in the war, never mentioned. No indication of real joy that they were finally reunited. No Luffy prostrated on his hands and feet, promising that he'll never allow something like Sabody to happen again, showing some kind of character growth after all these events and all this training. There could have been a whole mini-arc dedicated to the intra-personal realities of their sundering and reunion, and instead it was just a joke arc with the fake Straw Hats and then "welp we're back together, on to the next island." And they went to the next island, and never spoke of it again. It was the biggest build-up-letdown ever. Especially since no one really even feels any stronger. Luffy/Zoro/Sanji vs the Pacifistas was literally the only glimpse. Then no one did anything impressive ever again. And now it's been so long that any potential superhuman feats are so far divorced from the timeskip that they just feel like normal arc upgrades.

OH WELL.
I agree with this 100%. But many people think the Fake Straw Hats were "hilarious!" so there's that.

Plus the manga has been quite lame since the timeskip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom