• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Allegedly, Berserk will be considered complete as of volume 37. Miura has been in poor physical condition, and has been incapable of continuing work on the manga since this long hiatus started. The Young Animal staff member goes on to say that they will be trying to do a sequel in some form, but for now, Berserk is complete.

I'm not sure how reputable this site is, but I found the same exact news on a bunch of other sites.
I really hope it's just a terrible rumor.
Source: http://blog.livedoor.jp/shonenmanga/archives/30868454.html
Since the news is apparently from August 18th and I haven't heard of this until now, I can't help but doubt the credibility of this news.

Allegedly, Berserk will be considered complete as of volume 37. Miura has been in poor physical condition, and has been incapable of continuing work on the manga since this long hiatus started. The Young Animal editor goes on to say that they will be trying to do a sequel in some form, but for now, Berserk is complete.

I'm not sure how reputable this site is, but I found the same exact news on a bunch of other sites.

Oh shit. I hope he gets better :/

upandaway

Allegedly, Berserk will be considered complete as of volume 37. Miura has been in poor physical condition, and has been incapable of continuing work on the manga since this long hiatus started. The Young Animal staff member goes on to say that they will be trying to do a sequel in some form, but for now, Berserk is complete.

If true, that's.. whoa. Maybe pair him up for writing with a different artist or something? I don't like this at all.

I kind of prepared myself for Berserk to not get a real ending, but not this soon!

edit: wait yeah, there's no way berserk ending hasn't blown up in news when it's 5 days old. what

Aizo

Banned
This should at least set rumors to bed about his IDOLM@STER addiction. Still waiting on another source... I'd be pretty sad if my favorite ongoing manga had such an ending.

I would have expected a news like that to show up on various sites like ANN or Skullknight by now. The fact that after 5 days it still hasn't blow up makes me skeptical of its credibility.

Lain

This should at least set rumors to bed about his IDOLM@STER addiction. Still waiting on another source... I'd be pretty sad if my favorite ongoing manga had such an ending.

Even if that news is real, I wouldn't believe that Miura is in poor physical condition and not that he's just tired of drawing Berserk as it impedes on his ability to play IDOLM@STER.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hajime No Ippo 1028 raw

iMRIEPnGvUb9y.gif

It's about damn time too

V3XrR2U.gif

bigkrev

A fighting, Maid-like boy in Drag 5

Man, that guy has some really interesting ideas! Also, I guess the cumshot oil shot counts as our smut progression for this chapter. Always enjoyable to see that

Allegedly, Berserk will be considered complete as of volume 37. Miura has been in poor physical condition, and has been incapable of continuing work on the manga since this long hiatus started. The Young Animal editor goes on to say that they will be trying to do a sequel in some form, but for now, Berserk is complete.

I'm gonna call bs until it's from a more credible source

Yuujou Kakin Karman Gain
The future of free-to-play games.

MC's (first) avatar character is his naked love interest who got hit by a train, which is reason enough for me to keep an eye on it.

Tomodachi Login
Cute girls doing cute things while smelling slightly of lilies. If the first impressions of the characters are anything to go by, I'll be reading it for the MC rather than anyone else.

Chocolat no Mahou 1-2

So, screaming lessons except that it's based around a patisserie. Huh. Also somehow less subtle than screaming lessons, if such a thing was even possible.
This just got promoted by about 488.64 places in my backlog.

El Sloth

Banned
Shingeki no Kyojin/ Attack on Titan: 48

Someone help me out here. What the hell is Berthold trying to say here: SPOILERS http://i.imgur.com/klSTzLU.jpg SPOILERS

What does he mean by "find us"? Is there something I'm missing here, like a past allusion to being "lost", or is this just one of those cock teasing things we won't get an answer to until later?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Yen press has picked up Accel World and Sword Art Online light novels for American release in early 2014. link

Holy fucking shit yes!

So is there a new English translated Nisekoi chapter out or are you jumping the gun by posting raw impressions without properly marking them as such?

Err... does it matter? It's not like I was spoiling anything. I marked it as the chapter I read. I didn't think I needed to mark them as RAW impressions.

Articalys

Err... does it matter? It's not like I was spoiling anything. I marked it as the chapter I read. I didn't think I needed to mark them as RAW impressions.
I don't care how vague you're being. People tagged all the Naruto/One Piece/Aunt Tits raw discussion appropriately earlier, and anyway:
If a translation has not been released yet, spoiler tag any leaks and discussion of the chapter.
Doesn't matter if you think it's not spoilers, you tag it. End of story.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't care how vague you're being. People tagged all the Naruto/One Piece/Aunt Tits raw discussion appropriately earlier, and anyway:

Doesn't matter if you think it's not spoilers, you tag it. End of story.

He didn't even say anything about it though.

I do wish people would say if they're reading a RAW though so others don't spend time looking for things.

Erigu

Since the news is apparently from August 18th and I haven't heard of this until now, I can't help but doubt the credibility of this news.
It's even worse than that: the article is from August 18, and it cites 2ch posts from July 26.
And what's the source of those posts? You guessed it: unknown. They appear to be quoting an announcement from Young Animal, and yet that supposed announcement doesn't seem to have officially surfaced since then. Chances are it simply never existed.

This should at least set rumors to bed about his IDOLM@STER addiction.
That's just sheer stupidity, and I don't expect stupidity to disappear overnight.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Nozoki Ana 1-72

I decided to re-read this manga as when I orinally read it years ago, it wasn't complete but man if a story about a hole in a wall isn't so damn compelling! It's Grade A softcore smut but the art is really well done and the story is quite interesting. A good read for anyone looking for a good mature manga.

Hajime no Ippo 1024

Good. His punk ass needs to be on the receiving end for once.

wonzo

Banned
Still on the fence about buying American volumes of Aku no Hana...
Either that or wait for someone to publish it in France.
Vertical could use the money far more than most French publishers could so you know what to do!

Source: http://blog.livedoor.jp/shonenmanga/.../30868454.html
People on Skullnight think it's fake as hell so yeah.

Shingeki no Kyojin/ Attack on Titan: 48

Someone help me out here. What the hell is Berthold trying to say here: SPOILERS http://i.imgur.com/klSTzLU.jpg SPOILERS

What does he mean by "find us"? Is there something I'm missing here, like a past allusion to being "lost", or is this just one of those cock teasing things we won't get an answer to until later?
I think Bert's just gone completely mental given the pressure and just wants someone to put an end to this messed up situation, and it looks like Erwin will do just that with his horde of titans!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I think Bert's just gone completely mental given the pressure and just wants someone to put an end to this messed up situation, and it looks like Erwin will do just that with his horde of titans!

Erwin always rubbed me the wrong way. A frightening person who has the guise of a "nice" man.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

Lets all be honest: We've known for years that the guy isn't finishing this manga. Berserk's been at the top of the list of "series that won't finish due to inevitable author death", right alongside Song of Fire and Ice.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Lets all be honest: We've known for years that the guy isn't finishing this manga. Berserk's been at the top of the list of "series that won't finish due to inevitable author death", right alongside Song of Fire and Ice.

Maybe they'll talk him into getting someone else to draw it for him while he just does scripts. That's probably the only way we ever see it end.

El Sloth

Banned
I was just confused because of the dramatic closeups to Ymir's face as if she was understanding something that the others weren't.

Man, people are dying next chapter and I just hope it doesn't include Ymir. And we've gone too long without Sasha.

Also, #TeamIrvin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom