• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hime-dol!! 01-02

FBjAqqw.jpg

Not bad. Kinda the same as the one-shot expect with some changes to the backstories to I guess give it a more something I guess?

Not so sure how 'childhood friend' is going to add into this series though I guess harem antics all around!

Gintamen

Renai Shimasen ka? - 1-2
Let me guess, she is that girl that had to confess to him? Sometime it shouldn't be that obvious.

Renai Shimasen ka? - 3
He couldn't stand 3D girls at first and is already in a harem... but those awesome side characters as in Wagatsuma-san. :D

Cajun

Neo Member
OPM

I tried to hold off as long as possible because of the erratic release of this series, but I caved.

This series is hilarious, and gorgeous. I don't know if the mangaka will ever introduce a central conflict, but it'd still be fantastic even if he never did. Saitama has a goal driving the story forward, so I guess it's enough for now.

somedevil

OPM

I tried to hold off as long as possible because of the erratic release of this series, but I caved.

This series is hilarious, and gorgeous. I don't know if the mangaka will ever introduce a central conflict, but it'd still be fantastic even if he never did. Saitama has a goal driving the story forward, so I guess it's enough for now.

Muruta is just redrawing the original comic by One. He is up to 31 and there is still 61 chapters of the original that are translated if you want to read ahead. The story gets very good but the originals art is nowhere close to Murutas.

Sweet Magic Syndrome 1-11

4koma series about cute girls eating cute sweets.
You could combine the sugar from every snack that's been featured so far, inject it directly into your veins and it'd STILL be less lethal for your heart than this manga. Chocolate is superior, appropriately enough.

wonzo

Banned
AKB49 136
If only it was Yoshinaga making the sacrifice instead, god fucking damnit.

Binbougami ga! 72-73.1 END

A convoluted as fuck ending that was a chore to read for an incredibly convoluted series. It was the last arc and the ribbon character "death but not really" which made me realise that this series has far too many characters due to its inability to kill p[eople off which pretty much destroys any sense of tension in the whole thing.

It also doesn't help that the humor is almost entirely relies upon references more than actual funny jokes. Unlike something like Gintama where the jokes are good enough to stand on their own with the references merely adding an extra layer to them, this just throws the references at the reader without any actual effort. It kinda worked for a while at first but it ultimately falls flat towards the end.

Oh well, maybe the author's new series will turn out well.

Tomodachi Login 1-2

Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, a decent premise but the execution leaves much to be desired.

Just finished reading all of Yasuhiro Kano's Pretty Face and I loved it! Such a hilarious manga. It's a shame it ended early, but the author managed to end it pretty well despite that. Then I checked out his latest manga about a magical mirror and it was a short but fun read as well. I'm glad he kept it short and didn't stretch it out. Currently on Mx0 now. I wish he had longer series!

Biorg Trinity 2

Bio Bug stuff and merging was interesting (though had already encountered something of the sort in Neon Dimension Ascension from that one theory) so it wasn't all that fresh though at least here its person controlled. Kind of creepy with the spiders and other objects chosen.

Alright though a bit too romancey out of my tastes for me.

wonzo

Banned
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 26

I've always wondered about all the different demon clans so this gigantic meetup with all of them is really, really cool and interesting to read. Learning about their various different customs and historical interactions with humans does a great job of fleshing out their different views on seeking a truce with the humans and makes me forward to seeing how this'll all turn out.

the revelation about the true nature of the machine clan was also p. funny

Muruta is just redrawing the original comic by One. He is up to 31 and there is still 61 chapters of the original that are translated if you want to read ahead. The story gets very good but the originals art is nowhere close to Murutas.

As a man who have braved HxH at its worse I think I am gonna tackle this, where do I start to pick up right from the sea king arc?

wonzo

Banned
Black Bullet 10
Still no sex hair to be seen, but the art makes it worthwhile regardless.

Toufuu (Fu)kenbunroku
Been wanting to read this since I first found out about it a few weeks ago and man did it not disappoint. based kumeta

Ketchup Ninja 21

This is gonna rushed as hell now knowing there's only 5 chapters left. :/

wonzo

Banned
Me and the Devil Blues 14-20
The sheer sense of escalation in juts how fucked up everything is when combined with the utterly insane art honestly leaves me speechless. This just too good, too good that it got cancelled so there's only one volume left. ;___;

Seriously though I'd post some more examples of just how utterly stunning the layouts and attention to detail are in this but I'd just end up reposting the entire volume/series so save me the time and read this ASAP.

Is this by the guy who did zetsubou sensei?
Yes.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So what's the next milestone for Minamoto? MangaGAF would be boring without the blueballed reactions.

Me and the Devil Blues 14-20

The sheer sense of escalation in juts how fucked up everything is when combined with the utterly insane art honestly leaves me speechless. This just too good, too good that it got cancelled so there's only one volume left. ;___;

Seriously though I'd post some more examples of just how utterly stunning the layouts and attention to detail are in this but I'd just end up reposting the entire volume/series so save me the time and read this ASAP.

Yes.

Ah alright, thought it looked familiar.

Also yeah, devil's blues is deliciously insane.

dramatis

Toufuu (Fu)kenbunroku

The Guy Who Fell in Love at No Sight.

It's nice to see mention of 3D printing in a manga, even in a place as random as this. Although it seems as though SCIENCE couldn't help this guy at all.

That was fun though, I really didn't expect this story to have such a logical answer.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Toufuu (Fu)kenbunroku

That was a nice little read. Like all of kumeta's it has a strangely logical twist.

Now to finish zetsubou sensei.

edit: oh yeah that's right, it has alot of the early chapters missing.

I had a look at the final chapter and holy shit. What an appropriate way for zetsubou sensei to end.

double edit: Wait, this actually got localised? Holy shit I never expected such a weird series to get localised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom