• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magi 195

Extreme magic domination, still no end game in sight

Shokugeki no Soma 37

Can't wait to see the concoction they came up with next week

Fairy Tail 349

Gray showing his cleverness was entertaining, so much for our speculation that Wendy would beat regression magic

bigkrev

US Jump

One Piece (One-Shot) (Cover)
Naruto
Jaco
World Trigger
Nisekoi
One-Punch Man
Toriko
One Piece Ch 719
Dragon Ball Z
Next Week: Bleach, Blue Exorcist

World Trigger 28
Great Color page.
tumblr_msibtmH3W31s5992do1_500.png

But that was an epic chapter, good action and skills from everyone. I like the chameleon trigger and Kei's one panel looked good with his flames. Best page.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Detective Conan 870

NHcLYYx.png

Apparently everyone thinks Sato is pregnant, hence rage. Case isn't as interesting as the background stuff. Takagi is going to be killed when he gets back to the station.

Wiseblade

One Piece
Luffy's punch giving the guy his drill head back is so cheesy, but I still loved it.

Naruto
This chapter felt so hollow. Half of it was spent explaining what happened in the other half.

Nisekoi
Harem gonna harem.

One Punch Man

Nearly caught up to the last chapter I read!

mhs004

One Piece the one that came out in today's jump that I'm to lazy to go find the chapter number.

Sweet a spongebob and one piece crossover.

Brutalx2

One Piece
Cool punch, very nice chapter ! Also...looked so funny to watch it rising.
Also, takes too much to get to the climax of the arc ! LETS SEE SOME SPECIAL SHIT !

Naruto
Too Much Explanation ! I want to see more action ! More combat !

Aizo

Banned
Shonan Junai Gumi - Vol. 19-23
Oh shit. Everything is building up. All the plot lines are returning, and this is going to get ugly.

Akutsu's getting out of juvenile detention, there's talk of Eikichi's dad, and Ry&#363;ji's old girl, Ayumi, is back in town. Shiiiiiit. Also, this Blue Rose gang is having the biggest buildup out of any rival gang so far. They must be pretty tough...
I'm so glad that I finally bought all the volumes.

Minazuki Saya, phwoar! New favourite. I doubt any love interest will replace Shinomi for Eikichi, though.

Aizo

Banned
One Piece
Cool punch, very nice chapter ! Also...looked so funny to watch it rising.
Also, takes too much to get to the climax of the arc ! LETS SEE SOME SPECIAL SHIT !

Bleach
Too Much Explanation ! I want to see more action ! More combat !

Are these impressions from several weeks ago? I think if you're not posting on the Wednesday that everyone is reading on, it's nice to say which chapter... Or tag that you're reading raw.

IHaveIce

Banned
Excuse me for choosing to actually support the official licensed product!
Are you trying to say I don't support it? Please don't make assumptions you know shit of.
I've been studying all week, went to a football game, family visited, studied more and finally had time to read it.

I'm really really sorry.

You guys are excused though, I accept your apologies, put a chapter number behind it and everyone knows what's up

upandaway

One Piece
Luffy's punch giving the guy his drill head back is so cheesy, but I still loved it.
You just caused me a heart attack.

If I were you, I'd stay subscribed and read the official chapters, but still read the MS version or whatever (of OP) when it comes out. Just not worth the wait for a translation with problems of its own.

Really wish that thing came out regionfree, or at least let in countries that have no local license (cough cough).

Wiseblade

If I were you, I'd stay subscribed and read the official chapters, but still read the MS version or whatever (of OP) when it comes out. Just not worth the wait for a translation with problems of its own.

Really wish that thing came out regionfree, or at least let in countries that have no local license (cough cough).
I like the convenience of having it all dumped in front of me at once, though. I wouldn't read Nisekoi if I had to go out of my way to do so and I wouldn't have started World Trigger if it wasn't staring me in the face every week.

the buyable version has translations problems? I thought they were good for doing the sound effects sounds.

upandaway

I like the convenience of having it all dumped in front of me at once, though. I wouldn't read Nisekoi if I had to go out of my way to do so and I wouldn't have started World Trigger if it wasn't staring me in the face every week.
Yeah I was thinking about that while writing it, that it's probably really nice to have it all in one place. That's why I specified OP only there, I would still go out of my way for OP (both because I can't wait and because of the thread).

Kurita

I buy One Piece and Shingeki no Kyojin but still read the scans to avoid getting spoiled when I come here... (and because the volumes are way behind orz)
Otherwise I just stick with the volumes. I dropped the Nisekoi and SKET Dance scans since it's getting released here...

Wiseblade

Yeah I was thinking about that while writing it, that it's probably really nice to have it all in one place. That's why I specified OP only there, I would still go out of my way for OP (both because I can't wait and because of the thread).
Yeah, I could make the effort for OP. All things considered, Viz's translation is better, but the things I don't like about MS' are less annoying. I don't care enough about Naruto to go out of my way to read it and I wouldn't read Nisekoi or World Trigger if not for being in Monday Jump drops.

Viz REALLY need to make more of an effort brining it to other countries. The fact it took almost a year to reach another English speaking country is ridiculous. It's not even like there's a physical product they need to make more of. We're talking about countries Viz already operate in too, so they definitely have translators they feel are good enough.

Wiseblade

I'm waiting for college to start, Japanese is my major this year.
You're really going to be "that guy" in the Japanese class who is learning so he can read manga?

I mean, learning new languages is something to be applauded, but that feels like it's crossing a line somewhere...

You're really going to be "that guy" in the Japanese class who is learning so he can read manga?

I mean, learning new languages is something to be applauded, but that feels like it's crossing a line somewhere...

smh, everyone in my Japanese classes in college were there to learn it just so they could enjoy something Japanese.

Expect the Japanese students who were taking it for an easy A, lol

How much Japanese do you know?

The basics. I took a year of Japanese in college so I got the characters down and I know simple phrases and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom