• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Food Smut 3

Damn tsun gonna tsun I guess. Erina is mad annoying.

Eh, she doesn't really play into the manga that much after this chapter. They do a good job introducing new characters.

I do like her when you view her as the antagonist of the story though, instead of tsun main attraction #2089.

With the translation themselves, nothing. It's more the various readers that I use that scrambled things up and ended up confusing me -_-

Oh, that's more due to the history of where this series got published.

Where it started in one magazine and got moved to another and they did a soft-reboot (of reintroducing the setting without reintroducing the characters).

Though, the translations are all done with the first magazine's series.

sVJloNo.jpg

Walkure Romanze - Shoujo Kishi Monogatari (NO. Gomesu) 4

Didn't expect to see a new chapter so soon.

Still very pleased about this following Celia.

El Sloth

Banned
Bokura no Hentai: 12-13

I only just realized that this is like some weird combination of something that SDBurton and DTL would read.

Working!! 152-153

I like this masochist guardian.

Working!! 187

The plot thickens and I just want to read more. This Yamada arc is fantastic.

bigkrev

Nisekoi 88

Well, at least they are trying to do something productive with this storyline. I actually smiled a few times, and it seems like there will actually be long term repercussions (Raku's confession, for example)

Lain

Dragons Rioting 9

Great color page.
Loved how Rin found a way to show his power, and that show got all the girls interested in him. Life is going to be even more difficult and dangerous for him from now on at that school.

El Sloth

Banned
Wait, so Raku now has amnesia ontop of the childhood amnesia he already had?

Someone test that boy for early onset Alzheimer's.

bigkrev

Nah, it's a ripped from the headlines story. Rake actually got a concussion, is currently in the memory loss phase of CTE, and will be killing himself in a few weeks.

Foolworm

Which is the most bloated arc?

DB - Namek
TWGOK - Time travel
Magi - Magnostadt war
HxH - Chimera Ant
Naruto - Shinobi War

Shout if I'm missing something obvious.

You missed out Bleach and the Arrancar/Fake Karakura arc. That one set the bar for dragged out fights.

One Punch Man 24 pt 2 (guess were only five chapters behind.)

This arc is so good, Speed of Sound Sonic gave the best moment since Genos many good moments and Sonics own introduction moment. This whole scene (nsfw?) was worth reading three times again and again even. Good attempt, but now for Genos, please deliver.

Articalys

Ironically enough, they're kinda teasing that his current amnesia might actually help him remember details about the childhood one. Somehow.

Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata ~egoistic-lily~ 01-02

HGRggiP.jpg

An useless otaku has a big dream to make a visual novel game based off the girl he just fell in love with and he plans to recruit his female friends who are secret otakus.

The dialogue is interesting enough. The plot is pretty barebones at this point, the main character is pretty useless. I guess it has potential with its setting so we'll see where it goes.

Yamada 74

Watching the drama makes me really appreciate the manga character designs a whole lot more.

Also, kisssssssssssss everybody. Kisssssssssssssss.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece spoilers

- Cavendish keeps attacking Luffy.
- Chinjao thanks Luffy with a headbutt but destroys floor accidentally. Chinjao wants his grandchildren's generation to join Mugiwara crew.
- Bartolomeo became Luffy's super fan after he saw Luffy survive a lightning strike in Loguetown.
- Rebecca helps Luffy to escape from Cavendish and Chinjao.
- Burgess and Blackbeard talks to each other by Den Den Mushi. Burgess tells Blackbeard that he dones't trust Aokiji. And then Luffy passes. Luffy says he won't give Ace's power to Blackbeard.
- In the End. Rebecca tries to kill Luffy but fails. Rebecca wants to get more opportunities to eat Mera Mera no Mi because she wants to beat Doflamingo and protect Toy Soldier.

So...
There's something going on with Kuzan and Teach. Hmmm.
Bartolomeo is a Luffy fanboy. I was wondering when we'd get an in-universe fan considering how famous Luffy is.
And now the flood gates are open on Boo and Sai joining the Straw Hats. Thanks Chinjao!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One Piece spoilers

So...
Bartolomeo is a Luffy fanboy. I was wondering when we'd get an in-universe fan considering how famous Luffy is.
And now the flood gates are open on Boo and Sai joining the Straw Hats. Thanks Chinjao!

So much for the tournament being a waste of time.

Tripon

I got a good laugh out of this one and the hilarity of it. RockxRevy all the way though, love the ones that have them together.

All the RockXRevy stuff is just some mindbreak bullshit by this mangaka, so I found it refreshing that Azusuke did something normal for once.

Mr. Fix

One Piece spoilers

So...

Oh snap! I'm loving these connections the secondary characters share. I still think that
Kuzan's with the Revolutionaries.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada and the Seven Witches 74
Ushio in manga super than the live action, everyone else is just about equal.

Still why didnt miyamura get memories back, or is he just playing around.

Because it apparently only works on people who are in love with him, I guess.

All the RockXRevy stuff is just some mindbreak bullshit by this mangaka, so I found it refreshing that Azusuke did something normal for once.

Yeah there are some really shitty ones by that mangaka but there are other mangaka thankfully.

OP Spoilers discussion:

WTF Candivish is attacking Luffy right away?! Why is Rebecca attacking Luffy as well? Also can we find Bart if we go back to the Lougetown chapter?

Aizo

Banned
Shonan Junai Gumi - Vol. 24-25
That motorcycle race was one of the most badass action scenes in the manga. Seriously, it made me feel extremely anxious. Wow.

Sometimes, the badass of the week formula is a little tiring, but I really love this manga. It was one of the first I ever read. The real quality in Shonan Junai Gumi is in its characters. They're fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom