• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I honestly can't seem to recall an attractive female in One Piece that *does not* get "sexified" with enhanced boobs/ass/bikinis/extremely short skirt/legs by Oda. Maybe that one lady from the very 1st chapter? Maybe Vivi too, but I am not really sure.
His wife seems to really like women with giant boobs. Nami went straight into a swim suit once he got married.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
With amount of things on your list it be hard to find a manga that does not do that .
Then again since most other manga don't even let there characters change there cloths as much as OP

It is just something that is sticking out (hahaha) for me. His fan-service is way more abundant and pronounced than Bleach or Naruto, although these two also has its moments, just less so (Naruto, in particular).

At times it can feel really ridiculous.

His wife seems to really like women with giant boobs. Nami went straight into a swim suit once he got married.

His wife huh... hmmmmm.

Acid08

Banned
It is just something that is sticking out (hahaha) for me. His fan-service is way more abundant and pronounced than Bleach or Naruto, although these two also has its moments, just less so (Naruto, in particular).

His wife huh... hmmmmm.
One Piece has such an over the top world that it never really seems too out of place though.

Well at least he is being equal about it , not counting Franky cause he to crazy looking lol
The amount of time that Luffy and Zoro is be topless \ open shirt along with other characters shows he fair to both sexes .

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
It´s not really that. It´s that some people intentionally characterize things to fit their own narratives, and agenda ie to make it bad, and praise the manga that they like to high heavens. And other people do it because of their ignorance about Bleach.

It gets tiring after getting so repetitive and done by the same people.

HUH

wonzo

Banned
Yuyushiki 14-15
yuyushiki14.png
yuyushiki14a.png

SYMBOLISM

That won´t happen.

And it´s well known that Kubo´s editors forced his to prolong the HM arc because of the popularity of the characters. It should not have been this long.

First i won´t go anywhere. I read plenty of manga, and unlike you i don´t wish for manga to be bad because you are insecure about your own choice.

Second of all unlike you i don´t start crap like wishing for manga to be bad, because you are so insecure about your own favorite manga.

Third, unlike you i don´t go to other thread just to trash other manga and feel cool with the rest because it´s, what you guys think the cool thing to do, especially in your case where it´s done because you don´t know anything about the manga. Oh ueah i still remember you saying that Tousen did not get any development in the toonami thread, lol.

Of course you could not write with straight face, because you never understand what actually happens in Bleach

Same to you.

Bleach will never end like Reborn because of this.

Aizen will be back, one way or another.

Bleach isn't hard to understand, the only thing that mystifies me about the series is your irrational love of it that blinds you to any kind of criticism of the series. The reason I and most people don't even bother responding to you is because it's impossible to have any kind of conversation with you about Bleach that isn't 100% passionate praise. Stat, crimson, mcxc, and all the other "bleach is my favorite" users you can have a conversation with them about bleach it's good and it's bad points.

Oricon Comic Rankings August 26th - September 1st

16. Junjo Romantica #17 (63,753)
50. Neon Genesis Evangelion: The Shinji Ikari Raising Project #15 (27,893 / 59,712)

Well anime continuation when.

Anyway with the bottom at 27K or so hopefuly on next chart World Trigger 2 does much higher than this time around. No one ever said how much its second printing of volume one was (well the chapter said it was large or so)...

Hatoful Kareshi 15

Blatant advertising chapter was a bit hilarious but pointless just like the one for the drama cd awhile back.

The Flow Stream 12
tumblr_msnlspmInJ1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Good outfit though so short. The one female character he saved is just so atrocious still, cant understand why she hates the very idea of him being at the school as well as the one he formed an oath with. I hope he and the oath maker become friends or something as well as this bully here.

mhs004

It´s not really that. It´s that some people intentionally characterize things to fit their own narratives, and agenda ie to make it bad, and praise the manga that they like to high heavens. And other people do it because of their ignorance about Bleach.

It gets tiring after getting so repetitive and done by the same people.
At least they take your series seriously. When discussing toriko only around 5 people read it and the rest just make fun of it not being popular.

Dia Game 3

Finally went on the route I wanted, manga ought to have a good end at this rate. Go Kuro

Koi ni Nare! 3

Guaranteed to have the teacher confess the love at the graduation at this rate. Fun moments especially the watch scene.

Bleach isn't hard to understand, the only thing that mystifies me about the series is your irrational love of it that blinds you to any kind of criticism of the series. The reason I and most people don't even bother responding to you is because it's impossible to have any kind of conversation with you about Bleach that isn't 100% passionate praise. Stat, crimson, mcxc, and all the other "bleach is my favorite" users you can have a conversation with them about bleach it's good and it's bad points.

Thing that kills me about Beam is that you go in ANY other thread about any other movie/game/anime/etc. dude seems to have a high standard of quality (totally agree with him about Pacific Rim being a piece of hot garbage) and yet when it comes to Bleach...all that shit goes out the window.

Like...dude...I love Bleach and make no fucking apologies for it...but holy fuck. It's Rule of Cool personified, not some serious deep manga.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I think Beam is hilarious. Pulls no punches on you lame ass haters out there. Of course, you know I got love for you all *WhiteBeardHugsSquard.jpg* but Beam keepin it real on ya'll. Heh

Village

Thing that kills me about Beam is that you go in ANY other thread about any other movie/game/anime/etc. dude seems to have a high standard of quality (totally agree with him about Pacific Rim being a piece of hot garbage) and yet when it comes to Bleach...all that shit goes out the window.

Like...dude...I love Bleach and make no fucking apologies for it...but holy fuck. It's Rule of Cool personified, not some serious deep manga.

That is dependent on the person, what one finds in one thing maybe different than another.

I myself think Naruto does far more things than people give it credit for.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
That is dependent on the person, what one finds in one thing maybe different than another.

I myself think Naruto does far more things than people give it credit for.

It's really pathetic how kishi pulls this huge world out of his ass and yet spent all his time focussing solely on Konoha. Tragic, really.

Imagine if, in FMA, the Ishvalans, Briggs soldiers, mustang's old unit from Ishval, and Grumman and the Eastern army all showed up to the final battle iwthout having been seen at all in the rest of the manga.

That's sort of what happened in Naruto.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You shouldn't ever take something personally if someone has an opposing opinion to yours on something like a manga/film/video game/whatever. We're all reading manga because we enjoy it, and truthfully that's what matters the most.

Oh come on. That's such a bullshit excuse for your behavior.

It's really pathetic how kishi pulls this huge world out of his ass and yet spent all his time focussing solely on Konoha. Tragic, really.

Imagine if, in FMA, the Ishvalans, Briggs soldiers, mustang's old unit from Ishval, and Grumman and the Eastern army all showed up to the final battle iwthout having been seen at all in the rest of the manga.

We barely saw any of the countries outside of Amestris even though they were vaguely important the entire time and we only saw three people from Xin.

Honestly, I think Kumogakure would've been a FAR more interesting village as the main protagonists.

Darui being Kakashi

Team Samui being the main characters would've been far more interesting than the shit we got with Team 7.

Konoha follows too many tropes.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Oh come on. That's such a bullshit excuse for your behavior.

We barely saw any of the countries outside of Amestris even though they were vaguely important the entire time and we only saw three people from Xin.

No. The only thing they were important for was knowing that there were border conflicts causing bloodshed, but these border conflicts were all linked to events involving the Amestris military, so it didn't matter. The plot was entirely Amestris focussed, though with some backstory originating in Xerxes and Ishval, which were both sufficiently touched upon (though not if you only watched brotherhood, I guess, in the case of Ishval)

And Xing was only important because of the background/motivations it provided for the Xingese characters.

Also, we saw 5 Xingese: Han, Fu, Lan Fan, May, and, of course, Ling <3. 6 if you count Xiao Mei

Rule of cool manga would not bother to include this kind of depth of characters

There are enough moments like this with different characters, plus read every volume poem ever. Bleach is not about the rule of cool.

That´s not even bringing the deep quotes that many characters say. Do i have to bring the Aizen god quote again?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
No. The only thing they were important for was knowing that there were border conflicts causing bloodshed, but these border conflicts were all linked to events involving the Amestris military, so it didn't matter. The plot was entirely Amestris focussed, though with some backstory originating in Xerxes and Ishval, which were both sufficiently touched upon (though not if you only watched brotherhood, I guess, in the case of Ishval)

And Xing was only important because of the background/motivations it provided for the Xingese characters.

Also, we saw 5 Xingese: Han, Fu, Lan Fan, May, and, of course, Ling <3. 6 if you count Xiao Mei

I only remember Mei, Lan Fan and Lin. I don't remember who Han and Fu are; I did forget about the old dude (who was Lan Fan's dad, right?)

Angry Grimace

Bleach is "deep" the way the Matrix Trilogy is "deep."

Let´s not forget how shitty FMA´s ending is. The Greed thing, the back door thing, the no casualty thing. Massive disappointment all around.

Let´s not forget how shitty FMA´s ending is. The Greed thing, the back door thing, the no casualty thing. Massive disappointment all around.

FMA ending was good , fuck characters dying for no reason other than to get a cheap emotional response .
Hohenheim died and that was enough and everything else made sense story wise.

FMA ending was good , fuck characters dying for no reason other than to get a cheap emotional response .
Hohenheim died and that was enough and everything else made sense story wise.

No it was not. The back door thing was such a bad plot device, and the Greed thing was atrocious. There was a reason for killing characters, not Harry Potter killing for the sake of killing, but an actual purpose. Everyone survived and Hohenheim´s death was not nearly enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom