• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhs004

This is already impossible.

The terribleness of the Reborn ending lies in the fact that the protagonist acknowledged that he didn't change or grow at all since the beginning of the manga. Sure, the arc ended terribly as well but as a manga the real shittiness lied in the Tsuna part. Ichigo has already acknowledged and grown as a character since the beginning so that can't happen.

It could still have a bad ending, but nothing like the garbage that was Reborn.
What kind of ending do you want then?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Negima ending.

9yDsx70.jpg

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I really don't know what kind of ending I want from Bleach. A lot of stuff is still so open but I want to see the Aizen thread closed (probable), the Soul King mystery solved (probable), more expansion on Isshin (doubtful), the mystery of Kisuke revealed (probable) and some character deaths resulting in some character development (doubtful). I don't mind a happy ending but I don't want it to be something lame either.

The thing is, it's totally unpredictable and could be great, okay, bad, or terrible. But it cannot be as bad as Reborn's.

Hystzen

I really don't know what kind of ending I want from Bleach. A lot of stuff is still so open but I want to see the Aizen thread closed (probable), the Soul King mystery solved (probable), more expansion on Isshin (doubtful), the mystery of Kisuke revealed (probable) and some character deaths resulting in some character development (doubtful). I don't mind a happy ending but I don't want it to be something lame either.

The thing is, it's totally unpredictable and could be great, okay, bad, or terrible. But it cannot be as bad as Reborn's.

My hopes of a dark ending where the old guard of captains perish so the new VC take over is not going to happen.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Naruto

For ages I expected Kurama to replace that old man frog as Naruto's sage mode partner. Basically Kurama would mold nature chakra constantly and Naruto would act with it, like Jiraiya did with the two frogs. No worries about running out of chakra, or having to summon/dismiss clones, etc. A Jinchuriki has a partner with them at all times, I figured it meant they all had an advantage in sage mode, assuming they were buddy buddy with their bijuu.

But maybe that only works when the partner is super-attuned with nature chakra, like the frogs were. Kurama going from "in the way" to "not in the way" isn't really the jump I was hoping for.

Naruto 645

Naruto and Kurama's actions will be what I want to see most whenever the anime gets to this in 2015...but beyond that its really starting to get emotional with Sasuke there. If he can only stay strong as he watches, but bad emotions may crop up again. Still hoping that it will be a Sasuke Naruto type conclusion to both Obito and Madara.

Hystzen

Ukitake was the shirtless guy meditating in front of that glowing flower thing.

The pie cutter is Ichigo's Qunicy powers. Look at the last chapter.

Ukitake was in some sort of bath the lotus flower is normally used as a symbol of rebirth. Could be getting a tuberculous free Ukitake fighting at 100%

Aizo

Banned
Shonan Junai Gumi - Vol. 26-30
I'm starting to feel a bit disappointed by the awesome characters that just leave.. I miss Eikichi's transgender girlfriend. In other news, look what I found.
Chibi Nagisa= :Kurita

Hourou Musuko - Vol. 2-4
Shu's transgender and homosexual harem is nearly complete. Everyone loves him hahaha.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

For ages I expected Kurama to replace that old man frog as Naruto's sage mode partner. Basically Kurama would mold nature chakra constantly and Naruto would act with it, like Jiraiya did with the two frogs. No worries about running out of chakra, or having to summon/dismiss clones, etc. A Jinchuriki has a partner with them at all times, I figured it meant they all had an advantage in sage mode, assuming they were buddy buddy with their bijuu.

But maybe that only works when the partner is super-attuned with nature chakra, like the frogs were. Kurama going from "in the way" to "not in the way" isn't really the jump I was hoping for.
I think you can reliably assume Naruto's comment about how much easier it is to gather chakra means that he has infinite Sage Mode now. Kurama can basically control Naruto's body when Naruto lets him, too, so I suppose Naruto could gather the energy while Kurama fights.

This is already impossible.

The terribleness of the Reborn ending lies in the fact that the protagonist acknowledged that he didn't change or grow at all since the beginning of the manga. This was one of the things we were looking forward to the most as readers. Tsuna's growth was teased with the "TenYearLater Tsuna" stuff and with him being called a "no good loser" from the start. Sure, the arc ended terribly as well but as a manga the real shittiness lied in the Tsuna part. Ichigo has already acknowledged and grown as a character since the beginning so that can't happen.

It could still have a bad ending, but nothing like the garbage that was Reborn.
Truth, bra. Tsuna must be the worst protagonist of all time, certainly up there. It's still your fault I read that series :| At least the future arc was pretty sweet.
Naruto

Well Kurama still supplies extra chakra and now that Naruto can activate sage mode at the same time, he can modify his chakra into nature attunement as we saw at the end of this week's chapter. So it's basically what you wanted more or less, just that Kurama doesn't supply it in that attunement from the get go.

Naruto

Shit got real. Moon's Eye plan kicks in right after we all discussed it, ha! Really feels like we're truly entering the end game now. The antagonist's primary plot has been started and Naruto is close to finding a way to defeat him...I think.

One Piece

Kinda cool that Luffy is inadvertently starting to build up an alliance of his own. Bart being a homer for Luffy is a surprise and the surprise 'appearance' from BB was cool. Hopefully we get to see what's going on with Doflo and Law next chapter.

Bleach

Meh. I would say a complete snooze fest but I guess that's not fair because it did set up a couple fights. The one between the new Commander and the strongest Quincy subordinate should be interesting at least.

HSDK

Shit's getting real in this series too. Most interested I've been in a while. Can't see things going well for Ryanzapaku but maybe Yomi will be honorable and fight one on one and then something will cause them to bail before the Masters go down. Would be nice to see them take out a few Yomi members before that happens. Also wouldn't mind an update on the Elder's status.

Fairy Tail

Glad that demon's power wore off, now these fights can get the show on the road. Not interested in the current plot line, feels like filler side story but no doubt this underworld guild will parlay into a larger role going forth.

Claymore

Surprised to see the deformed robe guy go down. About the only noteworthy occurrence in this chapter. I'm pretty bored with this series but will likely stick with it since I'm this far in.

Angry Grimace

Truth, bra. Tsuna must be the worst protagonist of all time, certainly up there. It's still your fault I read that series :| At least the future arc was pretty sweet.

Well Kurama still supplies extra chakra and now that Naruto can activate sage mode at the same time, he can modify his chakra into nature attunement as we saw at the end of this week's chapter. So it's basically what you wanted more or less, just that Kurama doesn't supply it in that attunement from the get go.

Naruto

Shit got real. Moon's Eye plan kicks in right after we all discussed it, ha! Really feels like we're truly entering the end game now. The antagonist's primary plot has been started and Naruto is close to finding a way to defeat him...I think.

One Piece

Kinda cool that Luffy is inadvertently starting to build up an alliance of his own. Bart being a homer for Luffy is a surprise and the surprise 'appearance' from BB was cool. Hopefully we get to see what's going on with Doflo and Law next chapter.

Bleach

Meh. I would say a complete snooze fest but I guess that's not fair because it did set up a couple fights. The one between the new Commander and the strongest Quincy subordinate should be interesting at least.

HSDK

Shit's getting real in this series too. Most interested I've been in a while. Can't see things going well for Ryanzapaku but maybe Yomi will be honorable and fight one on one and then something will cause them to bail before the Masters go down. Would be nice to see them take out a few Yomi members before that happens. Also wouldn't mind an update on the Elder's status.

Fairy Tail

Glad that demon's power wore off, now these fights can get the show on the road. Not interested in the current plot line, fills like filler side story but no doubt this underworld guild will parlay into a larger role going forth.

Claymore

Surprised to see the deformed robe guy go down. About the only noteworthy occurrence in this chapter. I'm pretty bored with this series but will likely stick with it since I'm this far in.

Too bad Madara, Orochimaru and Sasuke are all still alive and not currently threatened.

I assume after this is finished, Sasuke will explain his "Vote for Sasuke" plan which will involve something heavily stupid, like disbanding the village or killing everyone who opposes him, and then he and Naruto will fight for the title (since nobody else in the village could even plausibly defeat either of them).

One Piece 720

Was way better when it was just a tournament, this dark history behind it and what not makes it feel a bit unoriginal and not fun.

More time should have been spent on zehahaha with our good old friend Blackbeard. That has been one of the more compelling parts as of late.

Too bad Madara, Orochimaru and Sasuke are all still alive and not currently threatened.

I assume after this is finished, Sasuke will explain his "Vote for Sasuke" plan which will involve something heavily stupid, like disbanding the village or killing everyone who opposes him, and then he and Naruto will fight for the title (since nobody else in the village could even plausibly defeat either of them).

I don't see all that drawing into another full arc. Madara will go down in this arc and I wouldn't be surprised if there's some happy little resolution between Naruto and Sasuke, Sasuke submitting to Naruto for the title of Hokage and they just do some shit resembling the test of strength near the water tower from part 1. It's possible Sasuke can become a final antagonist, but it doesn't seem as probable as it did before he joined the battlefield. Oro would be curb stomped if he pulled anything. Though if he found some way to take over Madara or Sasukes power to become the true final antagonist, I think we'd all be happy.

Squall, where the hell have you been breh?!

I'm sorry about Reborn ;_;

Mostly in the NFL thread but I've kept myself busy for a while. I post in here every once in a while, you just didn't notice ;) I'll try to at least go back to doing my weekly impressions. How've you been, bro? Also, shouldn't you be recording a peep the truth? ;)

Madao

What if bleach gets a terrible ending like reborn? I hope it does actually it would be halarious

i'm still holding for an ending where, after defeating all the Quincies, Ichigo wakes up and he's suddendly back in the battle against Aizen where Aizen got the Hogyoku's powerups and then Aizen replies "this was my Bankai".
after that, and now with knowledge about the future, Ichigo and Aizen join forces and destroy the Soul King and the Quinces before they awaken and then, "the end"

"since when were you under the impression that this would end so easily?" Aizen then backstabs Ichigo off-panel.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
i'm still holding for an ending where, after defeating all the Quincies, Ichigo wakes up and he's suddendly back in the battle against Aizen where Aizen got the Hogyoku's powerups and then Aizen replies "this was my Bankai".
after that, and now with knowledge about the future, Ichigo and Aizen join forces and destroy the Soul King and the Quinces before they awaken and then, "the end"

"since when were you under the impression that this would end so easily?" Aizen then backstabs Ichigo off-panel.

I would be immensely disappointed if the last few arcs since Aizen's defeat weren't a result of him using his bankai. It would be the perfect opportunity to solidify Aizen as the greatest manga troll of all time.

That shit would almost be on the level of Endless Eight.

Angry Grimace

I don't see all that drawing into another full arc. Madara will go down in this arc and I wouldn't be surprised if there's some happy little resolution between Naruto and Sasuke, Sasuke submitting to Naruto for the title of Hokage and they just do some shit resembling the test of strength near the water tower from part 1. It's possible Sasuke can become a final antagonist, but it doesn't seem as probable as it did before he joined the battlefield. Oro would be curb stomped if he pulled anything. Though if he found some way to take over Madara or Sasukes power to become the true final antagonist, I think we'd all be happy.

There were a couple of chapters where Sasuke's team seemed to imply that he had some ulterior motive, which leads me to believe he's going to heel turn again.

Tu-Love-Ru Darkness

Oh man.. I can't believe the Artist actually got away with drawing a full uncensored vagina. He hid it so masterfully Jump must not have caught it.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Mostly in the NFL thread but I've kept myself busy for a while. I post in here every once in a while, you just didn't notice ;) I'll try to at least go back to doing my weekly impressions. How've you been, bro? Also, shouldn't you be recording a peep the truth? ;)
Yeah I been slacking heavy on PTT but it'll happen eventually. Otherwise I've been pretty good, less time for manga cause my final semester just started. NFL about to start too!

UQ Holder 1

On the one-hand, I'm glad it takes place in the same universe and Negima! and will hopefully eventually answer some of the many questions that still need to be answered. I loved the opening color pages and am delighted it stars one of the supporting characters from Negima! On the other, it was kind of underwhelming -- especially compared to Negima's opening chapter. The setting is different, and so is the pacing. Artwise I miss all the grand details that Negima provided. There was always so much going on in practically every page. It was always bursting with content. I never got that sort of feel like that at all from this first chapter. It felt like a regression in that respect. Also, since I've just recently come off of Negima, even though one character is present, I miss the cast already and can't help but wish for Akamatsu to have directly continued off of Negima instead of setting it many years ahead. Comparing it to Negima, I don't think it was a strong opening to the series.

Akito

Oricon Comic Rankings August 26th - September 1st

01. Black Butler #17 (349,405 / 349,699)
02. Saint Young Men #09 (231,969 / 464,832)
03. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun #09 225,034 225,034
04. Ao Haru Ride #08 (184,179 / 371,905)
05. Ore Monogatari!! #04 (119,293 / 246,679)
06. A Certain Magical Index #12 (118,722 / 118,722)
07. Kobayashi ga Kawaisugite Tsuraii!! #04 (113,820 / 113,820)
08. Lovely Love Live #12 (105,245 / 105,813)
09. Kagerô Days #03 (104,560 / 104,560)
10. Hôzuki no Reitetsu #10 (81,678 / 174,771)
11. Deadman Wonderland #13 (END) (75,822 / 171,388)
12. Kokoro Button #10 USAMI Maki (74,698 / 75,110)
13. Saki - Achiga-hen - Episode of Side A #06 (END) (73,305 / 116,323)
14. Terra Formars #06 (70,220 / 388,884)
15. One Piece #71 (67,865 / 2,656,177)
16. Junjo Romantica #17 (63,753)
17. Historie #08 (61,797 / 143,089)
18. Kaze Hikaru #34 (60,284 / 61,217)
19. Joô no Hana #08 (58,556 / 59,147)
20. Billy Bat #12 (56,458 / 118,625)
21. Dawn of the Arcana #13 (END) (56,290 / 56,667)
22. To Love Darkness #08 (54,555 / 251,267)
23. To Aru Majutsu no Index - Endymion no Kiseki #01 (54,030 / 54,030)
24. Mairunovich #09 (50,531 / 93,504)
25. Ato ni mo Saki ni mo Kimi Dake #05 (50,491)
26. Fairy Tail #39 (46,893 / 366,080)
27. Gantz #37 (45,306 / 220,796)
28. Aozora Yell #13 (43,772 / 88,310)
29. Shingeki no Kyojin #09 (42,681 / 1,665,893)
30. The Top Secret - Season 0 #01 (42,556)
31. Shingeki no Kyojin #08 (42,466 / 1,694,116)
32. Shingeki no Kyojin #07 (40,795 / 1,702,286)
33. Shingeki no Kyojin #10 (40,517 / 1,637,462)
34. Shingeki no Kyojin #01 (39,582 / 2,085,792)
35. Shingeki no Kyojin #02 (38,729 / 2,030,020)
36. Shingeki no Kyojin #06 (37,857 / 1,779,124)
37. Shingeki no Kyojin #03 (37,716 / 1,979,172)
38. Shingeki no Kyojin #04 (37,386 / 1,855,004)
39. Shingeki no Kyojin #05 (37,291 / 1,820,390)
40. Mujaki no Rakuen #04 (37,141)
41. Sword Art Online - Fairy Dance #02 (35,042)
42. Toradora! #06 (34,215)
43. Gangking #27 (33,968)
44. Ah! my Goddess #46 (33,072 / 70,987)
45. Momogumi Plus Senki #11 (32,717 / 48,682)
46. Do Da Dancin'! - Venice Kokusai-hen #13 (END) (29,547 / 57,238)
47. Pokemon Special #47 (29,492 / 41,344)
48. Pen Saki ni Syrup #05 (END) (28,645)
49. Shingeki no Kyojin #11 (28,170 / 1,138,540)
50. Neon Genesis Evangelion: The Shinji Ikari Raising Project #15 (27,893 / 59,712)

Naruto

Kurama needs to gather chakra to have enough for Naruto to transform into Bijou Mode. I assumed he gathered Nature chakra and molded into his own. So he couldn't gather Nature chakra for Naruto while gathering for himself and combining them together at the same time.

Pimpwerx

Ukitake was the shirtless guy meditating in front of that glowing flower thing.

The pie cutter is Ichigo's Qunicy powers. Look at the last chapter.

Ukitake wasn't on the color spread, though. That's the absence I'm referring to. He's omitted from there for a reason. He's Kyouraku's best friend, and one of the most-senior shinigami. I take it to mean that he's gonna be an ambiguous character, walking the line between the two sides. That's the only reason I see for him not being included when even fodder like Ikkaku got thrown on there. PEACE.

Maybe Ichigo will grow a pair and realize Orihime wants the D

Maybe Ichigo will sleep with her during the war or maybe it happened between the timeskip and Kubo won't mention it to avoid the IchigoxRukia shippers LOL. That would be an epic troll.

Anyways so happy Bleach is back and better than ever!

Bleach

GOD DAT COLOR PAGE! Also I really like the style of the twin swords, interested in Bankai but it won't be fun to reveal it right away.

As for the chapter, its really setting for a big battle or it will force the SS to retreat to Hueco Mundo till their Ace Ichigo comes to bail them out again.

Naruto

Naruto being a dumbass, what a shocker.... Anyways lol at jealous Sasuke, he will get his powerup in about 3 weeks.

At least we are getting to the end since the plan is about to start. Also Juubito has officially changed forms more than Cell, Frieza, and Majin Boo from DBZ. >.>^

One Piece

LOL Bart was the highlight of this chapter along with Chin harassing Luffy.
Rebecca would be a nice addition to the crew imo but all of Dressrosa can easily become one of Luffy's base of operation or a 2 crew with the Toy Soldier as a captain like WB and other Yonkou have nowadays.

Hope Law is alright though with Don fighting him.

There were a couple of chapters where Sasuke's team seemed to imply that he had some ulterior motive, which leads me to believe he's going to heel turn again.
I don't remember what you're referring to specifically but I think Sasuke has gained new perspective after entering the war and seeing how strong these other players are and what's at stake. I think he was massively over confident in his own ability and saw the war as nothing more than a quick side trip to whatever he had planned but I think by the time this is over, he won't have the same conviction. I certainly don't rule what you're saying out, but I think his devious plot a lot less likely now.
Yeah I been slacking heavy on PTT but it'll happen eventually. Otherwise I've been pretty good, less time for manga cause my final semester just started. NFL about to start too!

Nice, buddy! Good luck for this last semester, get it done! Yes it is, thank god. I hate the off season and I'm a bit of a whore for fantasy football too. I forget, did you ever check out Deadman Wonderland? May have seen my post about just finishing it, dug it.

Tamanon

Banned
Bleach

Honestly, with all the talk about using the Reishi around so much, I expect them to take the fight somewhere else. Although it's weird how it seems everybody but the Soul Reapers themselves can use all that reishi in the Soul Society.

I want this; I want Aizen to come back. Greatest villian evah :(

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Ukitake wasn't on the color spread, though. That's the absence I'm referring to. He's omitted from there for a reason. He's Kyouraku's best friend, and one of the most-senior shinigami. I take it to mean that he's gonna be an ambiguous character, walking the line between the two sides. That's the only reason I see for him not being included when even fodder like Ikkaku got thrown on there. PEACE.

Dude, taking a bath isn't color spread material. You've been reading the wrong kinda manga if you think like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom