• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
iT2yu.jpg

Early morning errand running.

nothing special; some label called master coat i got on the internets for cheap ($40 iirc). From what I can tell the retail is probably 150 or so, definitely not worth it. The denim is OK and the fit is very nice but the construction is kind of wack and the front left pocket has developed a hole. I've only had them for 5 or so months.

Acne makes something similar pretty much every year and much better; I'll probably trade up shortly.

I'm having trouble finding a new jacket for the upcoming Fall/Winter seasons. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good looking light-jacket that doesn't make a ton of noise taking it off or cost $200? If it helps any I am 5'11" and about 150 lbs.

Also, I am looking for a new cologne. I was using D&G Light Blue mainly for the past year or so but it doesn't smell right in the winter to me. I don't know of anyother place to ask about colognes so I figure it should fit somewhat in here.

Thanks in advance!

Ambition to create novel expressions; Swedish design co that did a special run of jeans for clients and friends several years ago iirc, morphed into a full-fledged line. Quality is good but not great, though their denim offerings are probably the best out there overall for washes and unique colors.

charsace

macuser1of5 said:
nothing special; some label called master coat i got on the internets for cheap ($40 iirc). From what I can tell the retail is probably 150 or so, definitely not worth it. The denim is OK and the fit is very nice but the construction is kind of wack and the front left pocket has developed a hole. I've only had them for 5 or so months.

Acne makes something similar pretty much every year and much better; I'll probably trade up shortly.
I love acne jeans. Their raw jeans look nice faded. I need another pair.

charsace said:
I love acne jeans. Their raw jeans look nice faded. I need another pair.
The only thing I didn't like about the Max cut was the back pocket rivet... A place I worked had perforated metal chairs in the cafeteria, and the rivets got me stuck a few times lol. Made getting up and sitting a bit tricky at times.

The peacoat looks short to me; should reach further down the body. Otherwise it looks good.

I'll probably get these soon anyway; my cat just sprayed on my old black jeans fuuu
http://www.bluefly.com/Acne-rage-faded-wash-Max-skinny-leg-jeans/SEARCH/307370201/detail.fly

Visceir

Guess this is one of those "what you're wearing today" posts

It's fall and I finally have a legit excuse to start wearing scarves again. I keep on buying them whenever there is a sale and have collected about 9 now.

DSC_0708.jpg

MightyKAC

Can anyone tell me how good Southpole jeans are quality wise? Eastbay.com has a nice deal on them but I'd like to know if they're crap jeans or not before I order 4 pairs of them.

bob page

dudeworld said:
OMXtzl.jpg

I wanted to buy this peacoat but I've already got one that's a bit longer... I really liked this one though
What was the pricing on this? I've been looking for a peacoat that's slimmer-fit and this seems like a good buy.

Edit: nevermind, I can't read.

dudeworld

bob page said:
I ended up getting that peacoat from H&M today and I really like it. It was $80, too.

hah that's awesome. When I was there they had a grey one, too. It looked alright but I prefer the black

bob page

dudeworld said:
hah that's awesome. When I was there they had a grey one, too. It looked alright but I prefer the black
Yeah the gray looked OK but I always prefer black (especially if I'm wearing it with dress clothes).

Got some good feedback last time so I figured one more "what are you wearing" shot is in order.
Sa7Qql.jpg

This is my more casual jeans/sneakers for biking to work. I love being able to wear jeans at work.

entremet

Stump locked the old thread. Thanks, Stump!

Regarding the title, shouldn't the OP contact a mod? I'm not the OP.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Got a pm about the title as well. Decided that i didn't want to de-flavafy the title but I did want it to be clearer for people who might not pick up on the original title, so I went with this compromise. Hope you see this as acceptable
if not, tough poop hahaha

entremet

jon bones said:
i have a cashmere one from last Fall... is the print blowing up this year? i might have to sell mine if it does.

]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/25922_523079303198_47700570_30894252_3975342_n.jpg[/IMG]
Amongst the menwear tumblr and blogger set it is.

dudeworld said:
OMXtzl.jpg

I wanted to buy this peacoat but I've already got one that's a bit longer... I really liked this one though

Is there a chance to buy that peacoat online? (chilean gaffer here).

I've been looking for a coat like that (kinda slim fit) for a looong time, without success.

I lost 40 pounds in time for summer. I bought a bunch of new clothes for warm weather, but now that fall is upon us I have no ideas on what to wear. Any suggestions?

Zilch

Banned
Designers like Patrik Ervell and Junya Watanabe have been using lots of Fair Isle patterns the last few AW seasons so yeah it has pretty much saturated current menswear.

If you were actually worried about dressing unique you'd throw out all those generic as hell Alden's you've got. ;)

edit: directed at jon bones

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Zilch said:
Designers like Patrik Ervell and Junya Watanabe have been using lots of Fair Isle patterns the last few AW seasons so yeah it has pretty much saturated current menswear.

If you were actually worried about dressing unique you'd throw out all those generic as hell Alden's you've got. ;)

edit: directed at jon bones

30mo8wg.gif

seriously though, in many ways i stopped trying to be ahead of the fashion curve. it's a futile effort in NY.

this fall i'm wearing lots of plain colored t shirts with cardigans over it, crewnecks and football jerseys. the late crowd can keep the ties, vests, and what have you.

and my #8 shell wingtip boots aren't generic, come on!

Zilch

Banned
Complex Shadow said:
black n/y?

umm i am a student so there is no way i am spending that much. MAX 150~ 200.
for style i would have to say something like a peacoat.

Charcoal!

I just personally don't like Alden's all that much, though I'd probably get a pair of the boots. Pulling off a unique look in NY is largely impossible unless you are willing to get pretty RIDIKALUS.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Zilch said:
Charcoal!

I just personally don't like Alden's all that much, though I'd probably get a pair of the boots. Pulling off a unique look in NY is largely impossible unless you are willing to get pretty RIDIKALUS.

fuck it i'm going drag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom